Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2022 3:50 AM
May 2021
Huh is it just me or I feel like there is something off about the animation, well it may be understandable since this is just an OVA and they might be saving the budget for the next season, but anyway does anyone know what's going on to confirm if they know something about this?
Mar 16, 2022 4:04 AM
Jan 2021
The action pieces were good but yeah at times it felt a bit off, i feel that they just wanted to introduce a character that has some importance later on in the story. Im just happy for more we got mushoku content because we wont be getting season 2 for a while
Mar 16, 2022 4:43 AM

Oct 2021
@MikiChan1
Huh is it just me or I feel like there is something off about the animation,

It was usual mushoku tensei animation the background art were amazing, 2d beautifully animated creature’s , Amazing sakuga fights .
After seeing this OVA had 12 AD ( animation directors) and 3 ED ( episode director’s ) which clearly says the production wasn’t healthy and many staffs corrected many key animations . There were not much use of in between animator’s for this OVA also due to some choppy scenes like Eris washing her hands were intentionally done .

well it may be understandable since this is just an OVA and they might be saving the budget for the next season,

I don’t think they are going through budget problems when the company EGG Firm itself is a big company behind MT. The only problem is schedule, they need proper schedule and I have seen Mushoku tensei Core staff CAD kazutaka sugiyama left MT production and joined chainsawman which can clearly tell you why the character consistency was a problem and why they needed so many AD to correct many key animations.
They do corrections in BD blue ray always , so I think all choppy scenes and inconsistencies can be corrected in Blue ray version .

Overall the animation was a normal Tv type .
I love this clip so much good character acting and experiencing 2d animals is rare nowadays in anime .
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/182835
AtoferatofeMar 16, 2022 5:06 AM
Mar 16, 2022 5:04 AM
Nov 2020
DeeDubz12 said:
The action pieces were good but yeah at times it felt a bit off, i feel that they just wanted to introduce a character that has some importance later on in the story. Im just happy for more we got mushoku content because we wont be getting season 2 for a while
yes cliff is an important character in the upcoming arcs
And this episode showed how eris and ruijerd's actions will affect him in future
Tee~Heee 😜
Mar 16, 2022 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
I didn't have an issue with it. I thought it looked great from start with the interesting portrayal of Cliff's backstory, to the showcase of the world, to action scenes and the final cuts with Cliff staring at how lost Eris was in her deep feelings for Rudeus, the animation was really good in all of them. Series continues to bring its world to life really well in a well-thought-out fashion. I even liked the water bit although I can understand if others don't like that one. For a special episode, the studio did a hell of a job with this one. That fight scene in particular is one of the best this series has had to offer so far and I loved how quick and brutal the cuts felt while still maintaining great choreography that clearly shows Eris' growth as a swordswoman superbly. Genuinely felt impactful with each movement Eris made, and each time she killed a person with no fucks given to protect the kid Miko. Q Kawa continues to be awesome as usual.
Mar 16, 2022 7:58 AM

Apr 2021
DeeDubz12 said:

Why not?
I love Monogatari Series
Mar 16, 2022 9:43 AM
Jan 2021
aktiwkunn said:
DeeDubz12 said:

Why not?
just an assumption based on how long season 1 took to come out
Mar 17, 2022 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
For sure was a downgrade from the series. The only really bad part was when Eris went to wash her hands in the river, I thought my madvr had some goofy setting turned on because it couldn't haven been more then a few frames for that whole shot
SurgetMar 18, 2022 4:48 PM
Mar 17, 2022 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
>budget

ye the budget meme strikes again and totally not about tight production time for example
Mar 18, 2022 3:37 AM

Nov 2020
MikiChan1 said:
Huh is it just me or I feel like there is something off about the animation, well it may be understandable since this is just an OVA and they might be saving the budget for the next season, but anyway does anyone know what's going on to confirm if they know something about this?

Did u watch the ova it on youtube or other site?
when I watched it on youtube with eng sub, it was a premiere, with vpn, it looked pretty bad, but when I watched on a site with pretty high quality and subs in my language, the animations was very good.
Mar 18, 2022 8:05 AM

Jan 2020
well the fight scenes were actually fucking insane, there was some moments where characters looked strange but who tf cares, top tier animation here
Mar 19, 2022 4:30 AM

Mar 2021
I did feel like i watched the scene where Eris is washing her hands in a river after the goblin hunt was like 5-10 Fps. Except that everything seemed decent to me.
Mar 20, 2022 12:16 AM

May 2015
it missed some in between frames here and there, I'll give them a pass since this is an OVA. At least it's not 480p quality like most other series do
Mar 21, 2022 5:06 AM
Dec 2018
Top tier fighting scenes
Mar 22, 2022 6:29 AM

Mar 2020
i assume they put more focus on the fight(which is the centre of the episode) and did a decent job with the other scenes,it did felt a bit off sometime bt that fight animation was jst too good
Mar 22, 2022 7:15 AM
Oct 2019
lmao how could you say the Animation is off..
people really nitpicking.
Mar 26, 2022 2:38 PM
Sep 2020
DeeDubz12 said:

Season 2 is out xhdjfbdhdbeb
Apr 3, 2022 5:09 PM
Jan 2021
godly animated fight scene
Aug 12, 2022 12:52 PM

Aug 2020
No to me it was good. The fight scenes were really good and very smooth. Also the begining portryal of the backstory was also good and fit the tone. I think overall, it was regular banger quality animation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Special Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 15, 2022

138 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 8:09 AM

» Is It important to watch this ?

Armaan247 - Oct 15, 2022

22 by El-Melloi »»
Sep 10, 2023 12:18 PM

» Mushoku Tensei (English dub)

Fipen - Mar 17, 2022

14 by Levo »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:55 PM

» Do I misremember or was Cliff's backstory described differently in the LN?

MavikBow - May 29, 2022

4 by ShounenOverrated »»
May 31, 2022 12:36 AM

» How is there still no studio added to this OVA

Spoopy69 - Apr 22, 2022

6 by gavin5o »»
Apr 23, 2022 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.