Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 15, 2022 8:21 PM

Jan 2021
Insertnamesz said:
Can anyone clear up some things for me?

Did Cliff put on that helmet so that the Temple Knight wouldn't recognize him? And are the men Eris slew Cliff's tutors? Is Cliff associated with the current demon-accepting Pope? And that's why his maid tells him to expect conflict with the Archbishop, because they will blame it on Demons?

Thanks!
You don't need clarification if you got that out of the episode.
Mar 15, 2022 11:28 PM
Nov 2018
Another excellent episode. Love how it shows an evil but also shows the indifference we would expect. Good set up. Fun light set up.

Obviously cliff is a possible consolation for Eris.
Mar 16, 2022 12:06 AM

Feb 2019
No boobs 4/10.

But nah fr, always great to see Eris and I missed the world so much. A lot of action in the LNs to keep us busy until s2, can’t wait.
Mar 16, 2022 1:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I know Eris is like five years old but can she still be my mommy please

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 16, 2022 1:07 AM
Jun 2020
Wow, it was pretty good! One of the very rare instances, where an OVA keeps up with the quality of the main series.
Mar 16, 2022 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
Oh great. My two favorite things; adventurer's guilds and this red-haired bitch. 1/10
Mar 16, 2022 7:13 AM

Oct 2016
Been waiting for this, glad to finally see Eris goblin slaying, except there was barely any goblin slaying lmao, more like religious people slaying, am I right. My jaw dropped when Eris sliced that Pope knight in half, well that whole fight had my jaw dropped.

Cliff is an interesting character, plus there's that conflict between the Pope's side and the temple knights, I need to know more about that, it feels like we've only scratched the surface.

Therese looks like Zenith, I thought it was her.

Always nice to see Eris gushing over Rudeus. Man, can't wait for the second season.
Mar 16, 2022 8:03 AM
Jun 2021
Overall I really liked the OVA but I had some issues with it.

Mar 16, 2022 9:10 AM

Mar 2013
I didn't think we would get to see a special episode from Muse Asia lol
Anyway, this episode was a blast, I do hope that they could have just added this to the main lineup of the episodes instead of skipping some of those things entirely in the first place. Well, every something that are currently missing that were pointed out by the LN readers are welcome.
CrazyButNot4UMar 16, 2022 9:16 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 16, 2022 9:59 AM

May 2020
This totally slipped my mind for some reason that there's an OVA which came out yesterday, well whatever though.

Not a big fan of Eris or whatever but i like how she's always spot on when it comes to punching a jerk around. Also this new kid already seems annoying enough, so don't tell me he'll be there in later parts too.
Mar 16, 2022 11:40 AM

May 2021
Setup for the University arc is now done. Eris boasting about Rudeus was pretty cute.

Mar 16, 2022 2:11 PM

Jan 2020
amazing special, loved it, Cliff's introduction was also good, and the animation... no words can describe it
Mar 16, 2022 2:35 PM
Jun 2021
Got me excited for season 2 :)
Mar 16, 2022 4:02 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Eris steady fangirling Rudeus as-per.

Mar 16, 2022 7:22 PM

Mar 2018
Holy animation, that fight scene sure was sexy.

Cliff seems pretty arrogant, but his skills are decent compared to the others in this world. I wonder if he will eventually become an ally or enemy.
Mar 16, 2022 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
Seems kinda weird to make this an OVA that casuals will be unaware of and then be confused about later. Not the average light hearted side jaunt that most OVAs are.
Mar 16, 2022 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
decent watch but was hoping for some good ol goblin slaying ended up with Eris just straight murdering dudes , they didnt really make a good case for being assassins you know attacking a small child

also heres a Cliff someone you're suppose to care about but not right now anime only enjoy being confused on his existence
Mar 16, 2022 9:21 PM

Jul 2016
Damn. When there is no degeneracy being forced into the narrative every five minutes, Mushoku Tensei sure can be an interesting show, huh?

Decent Special overall. Cliff sure is a brat with a big mouth but he's still far more bearable than violent tsundere Eris and child molester Rudeus. Really liked the portrayal of his backstory with silhouettes, by the way.

Framerate during some scenes was pretty bad tho...
Mar 17, 2022 4:22 AM

Apr 2020
Mushoku Tensei's extra episode is here!!! A very nice episode indeed where Eris is the main character and this Cliff boy just hangs around with her.

The opening scene where they detail Cliff's story in a fairytale like book is pretty stunning and creative. Cliff is someone who had a family but was unfortunately killed by the kingdom since he is someone that has magical powers. And it was so funny that I can feel Megumin from him, a bit annoying and when he does magic it is over-the-top. Well have fun with that comparison.

And then this politics between the racist Temple faction and the equality Pope faction, ooh that'll be interesting to see in later seasons. Let's just say that the female guard had a nice job playing the victim, and Eris picked the wrong side to defend, atleast she saved a child. And for Cliff, he doesn't realize it at first but it'll have consequences for his life down the road. But for now, have fun getting rejected by Eris by carefully explaining how great Rudeus is, I hope this jealousy doesn't lead to them fighting.

And just like that, the OVA is seal-and-done, during this same story, Rudeus meets Paul for the first time in years, and for those who somehow have not watched the show yet, their conversation did not go so well. But what did well is this episode for me, I hope Season 2 is nearing its announcement on when it'll come out.
Mar 17, 2022 5:47 AM
May 2021
its so good. i wite to seseon 2
Mar 17, 2022 7:50 AM
Feb 2022
Hey guys,

Does anybody know when "Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Special" will be English dub..😶...?
Mar 17, 2022 10:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Two great punchs!!!! kekeke
Mar 17, 2022 4:24 PM
Mar 2015
Eris does like to kill things without considering the consequences
Mar 17, 2022 7:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The Mushoku Tensei OVA featuring an Eris adventure is finally here, and it was really awesome, I definitely love having a little burst of Mushoku Tensei after the 2nd half of Season 1 ended, just a perfect reminder of how fun this series is, and I really liked the content of the episode. Eris meeting this mage boy with a big ego, Cliff, and going out and slaying goblins together, which leads to an even more badass sequence when she takes on those assassins. I also love how the plot behind Cliff was sprinkled throughout the episode with just enough for you to piece it all together, I think it might be safe to say he’s not just a one off character, and also the final bit where he falls for Eris lol, can’t blame the kid.

I also love how they used my favorite opening song of the series for this episode since it was within the arc it was used for. Man now I’m left wanting more lol, but that’s how you know this is a great series. I’m also just glad to get some more Eris content.
Mar 17, 2022 7:40 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Gotta love Eris’s savage and badass side!
CondemneDio said:
Oh great. My two favorite things; adventurer's guilds and this red-haired bitch. 1/10

LeonhartAugustMar 18, 2022 1:47 AM
Mar 17, 2022 8:35 PM

May 2018
Cliff is annoying.

Eris best girl fight scene was the best!!!
Mar 17, 2022 8:36 PM

May 2018
VanishingKira said:
Eris The Goblin Slayer> the entirety of the actual Golbin Slayer anime.

An easy feat to do I know.

When one episode has more content than the entire season LOLOLOL
Mar 18, 2022 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
LeonhartAugust said:
CondemneDio said:

She's gonna be absent until Vol 14-15 of the LN, which is gonna be like another 3 seasons or so.

Spoilers, but also great news.
Mar 18, 2022 1:48 AM

Dec 2021
I gave it a 3/5 it was ok ..

cool to see more mushoku tensei .. it was just an extra episode so its ok it didn't blow my socks away

if this Master Cliff guy plans on being a villain to Rudy he better power up!

lol @ Cliff saying he couldn't fight the guards , then Eris bodys them like a casual Tuesday ..

anyways , can't wait til the new season !
Mar 18, 2022 11:59 AM
Feb 2021
glad to see how much eris became dependable now
Mar 18, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2020
Is this Cliff guy the one who has a milf gf? correct me if I'm wrong I have a bad memory
Mar 18, 2022 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
Brilliant episode focused on best girl.
Awesome animation. And Kaku a AI as Eris was perfect as always.

Fipen said:
Hey guys,

Does anybody know when "Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Special" will be English dub..😶...?
I hope it won't.
Imagine destroying this series with garbo dub. Wow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 18, 2022 8:04 PM
Oct 2021
CondemneDio said:
LeonhartAugust said:

She's gonna be absent until Vol 14-15 of the LN, which is gonna be like another 3 seasons or so.

Not exactly true about the spoilers but those that hate Eris over the next two seasons will have plenty to be happy about. I'm not a fan of her but I've got to admit her adult character design is beyond hot. I think the High School DxD red head would be put to shame. Add to that she is a Grayrat and wow.
Mar 19, 2022 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
FocusIssues said:
CondemneDio said:

Not exactly true about the spoilers but those that hate Eris over the next two seasons will have plenty to be happy about. I'm not a fan of her but I've got to admit her adult character design is beyond hot. I think the High School DxD red head would be put to shame. Add to that she is a Grayrat and wow.

Looks can't save a character if the personality is as rotten as Eris has.
Mar 19, 2022 8:33 AM

Sep 2007
This leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth in that...I hate Cliff
Is he seriously going to be important later? I just want Rudeus to knock him down a peg or two--mano y mano-- for thinking he's all high and mighty......and trying to steal Eris away from him (lol)

He actually reminded me a tiny bit of Eris before she met Rudeus so....I guess interesting point there?

Ignoring Cliff though (which is hard cuz he was like 90% of the ep)

If this is a taste of what's to come, I can't wait for season 2!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 19, 2022 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
animejas said:
Roch2001 said:
What was this. It was a great eps and Iris owning but it does not fit with the continuity of the main show as is released so far behind last season its a bit weird watching it. Still, any story is good story I guess.

It's just a side story of Eris' adventure on her day off so that's why it feels different. Cliff and other elements that were new in this episode will be relevant in future seasons so this isn't filler either.

I got that. Its just the inserting of side story when it was. Bad timing imo
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 19, 2022 7:55 PM

May 2019
From manga reader perspective all this was so pointless.

Mar 20, 2022 12:11 AM

May 2015
We all pretend to be Rudeus while we are just Cliff to her 😭
anikevinMar 20, 2022 12:14 AM
Mar 20, 2022 4:37 AM
Oct 2011
I thought the Cliff's introduction segment was well done instead of wasting time on an infodump, smart.
Rob7 said:

That's because you're only reading the manga.
There will be a proper Millis arc and this episode set things up very nicely for that arc. Manga is not even halfway through the novels. Imo that Millis arc is one of the best arcs in the entire series right behind Turning Point 4+Orsted
Mar 21, 2022 11:53 PM

Jun 2020
That was a really good episode. I just wanted to know - Did this adapt the Ln or a side novel or something? Coz I heard the anime adapted till the end of Vol 6. So is this Vol 7 or a side story?
Mar 22, 2022 7:23 AM
Oct 2019
Eris Goblin Slayer but the main fight was with people... Okay

The Sakuga is *cheffkiss

New kid has interesting backstory, waiting for them to meet up again in Season 2 maybe.

I can't believe the kid VA also voicing Dark Lord Sekke from Black Clover and Gyutaro from Demon Slayer.
damn that man has range!

Solid 7/10

davidyodo24Mar 22, 2022 7:51 AM
Mar 24, 2022 11:46 PM

Jan 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
That was a really good episode. I just wanted to know - Did this adapt the Ln or a side novel or something? Coz I heard the anime adapted till the end of Vol 6. So is this Vol 7 or a side story?
This is in Volume 5 of the light Novel, it's definitely cannon though and the reason it needed to be added will make sense when season 2 comes out.
Mar 24, 2022 11:53 PM

Jan 2021
Rob7 said:

The Manga is terrible and you should feel bad for defending it, easily the worst adaption of the story that tries to make serious topics more light hearted from a more comedic basis while completely rewriting other arcs and also missing an entire volume(7), the anime should pass it soon enough though considering how slow new chapters get released.

Imo it should be scrapped and redone to properly show the story it's a total joke in it's current state.
Mar 25, 2022 1:38 AM

Jun 2020
dabdabgoose said:
Mr_Srijan said:
This is in Volume 5 of the light Novel, it's definitely cannon though and the reason it needed to be added will make sense when season 2 comes out.

Oh ok. Thanx for the info. I guess Cliff will appear later on in the series as well.
Mar 25, 2022 5:53 AM

Jun 2019
That kid Cliff was so full of himself but Eris knew how to keep him in his place. That animation was so good during those fight scenes. Looks like we may see some more of Cliff in the future. Eris' smile is so adorable and to die for. I love her so much.
Mar 26, 2022 12:36 AM

May 2018
This was an interesting episode, especially Cliff. I'm now wondering how important Cliff is in the story, since he was introduced like that.

Mar 26, 2022 7:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah new kid, seems like he had a same age with Rudeus, and same first impression toward him xd. Though, its kinda bold of him started a beef with Eris by calling her ugly after its obvious Eris saved his ass, lmao scene, but don't know why, i am proud of you. Then, when i looking at his initial impression, well, nothing really that surprising!

Anyway, this special feels like better to be the beginning point of Eris to receive her sole spin-off adventure. Because i feel like Eris already have a charm to be a great solo main chara, around the mushoten universe, ofc.

Alas, seems like this special hold more meaning than just your usual side story, with all the conflict of cunning Pope and his retainers with that blessed girl. And unfortunately Eris trapped inside of those conflict vortex! Maybe there's something more of that?

But for now, yeah, see you again later, Cliff, with decent cliffhanger ofc. Already read one spoiler under his character name, though, and its sure surprise motherfucking me. How on earth he ... oh, nevermind! Lets talk about that later on the next season!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 29, 2022 4:24 AM

Jul 2021
Today again we drown in the post-anime blues of MT. Took me 3-4 days to get over it after I binged it last month and these blues are back again :( I need more MT in my life but I don't wanna ruin the anime experience by reading the LN, so the wait (read pain and suffering) continues.

Anyway, this was a great episode. Eris was the MC of this episode and I enjoyed watching her a lot, this episode again reminded me why Eris is the best girl. The action scene was just chef's kiss, incredible 10/10 scene.

I could empthasize with Cliff at the end there, it really was sad to watch him like that, he completely gave up and knew that he can never be the one who can make Eris smile.

Got to see Ruijerd again, that was nice. Rudeus got hardly any screentime tho.

Overall, 10/10 from me, I see nothing for which points can be reduced. It's only been like a month since I binged MT but still the OP and ED hit hard especially when there are visuals too.

Can't wait for second season, I hope we get it in Summer or Spring 2023.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 29, 2022 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
This is really good but too bad I guess it's just 1 ep

Apr 3, 2022 5:08 PM
Jan 2021
holy moly!! that animation fight scene was next level damn it was like candy for my eyes. They show how much Eris admired Rudy when she's not with him.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is It important to watch this ?

Armaan247 - Oct 15, 2022

22 by El-Melloi »»
Sep 10, 2023 12:18 PM

» Mushoku Tensei (English dub)

Fipen - Mar 17, 2022

14 by Levo »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:55 PM

» What do you guys think about the animation?

Neko_Bernkastel - Mar 16, 2022

18 by ChrisBlitz »»
Aug 12, 2022 12:52 PM

» Do I misremember or was Cliff's backstory described differently in the LN?

MavikBow - May 29, 2022

4 by ShounenOverrated »»
May 31, 2022 12:36 AM

» How is there still no studio added to this OVA

Spoopy69 - Apr 22, 2022

6 by gavin5o »»
Apr 23, 2022 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.