Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2022 3:01 AM

Mar 2022
So I wanted to start watching hellsing ultimate and heard that the dub was the way to go. But then I came to know that 2 dubs existed, one by Funimation and another one which is an abridged version but seems quite popular. So my question is which dub would give me the best anime experience and does the abridged version's jokes ruin the seriousness in the anime ?

Mar 5, 2022 3:23 AM
Mar 2021
Oh it's like 2 ENTIRELY different animes. All the characters and relationships have been basically rewritten for the purposes of jokes. The original is also a WAY longer experience. It is worth it to watch both
Mar 5, 2022 3:25 AM

Mar 2022
Undicium said:
Oh it's like 2 ENTIRELY different animes. All the characters and relationships have been basically rewritten for the purposes of jokes. The original is also a WAY longer experience. It is worth it to watch both
Oh I see. But which one do you think is the better one amongst the two ? Like each episode is approx an hour long so I may not be able to watch both of them so I will watch the better version and get it done.

Mar 5, 2022 3:36 AM
Sep 2020
The original older dub is honestly perfect. 2000s anime dubs are so amazingly great and this is absolutely one of them. When people say watch the dub surely its the original dub
Mar 5, 2022 4:08 AM
Mar 2021
SabreDrago said:
Undicium said:
Oh I see. But which one do you think is the better one amongst the two ? Like each episode is approx an hour long so I may not be able to watch both of them so I will watch the better version and get it done.
the abridged is cut short. I think it's about... 4 and a half hour long in total... It wasn't redubbed as a whole. So it won't take double the time to watch both. But if you only wanted to watch one, I'd recommend the original anime. It's brilliant
Mar 5, 2022 4:16 AM

Mar 2022
Undicium said:
SabreDrago said:
the abridged is cut short. I think it's about... 4 and a half hour long in total... It wasn't redubbed as a whole. So it won't take double the time to watch both. But if you only wanted to watch one, I'd recommend the original anime. It's brilliant
Undicium said:
SabreDrago said:
Thanks will definitely try the original dub

Mar 5, 2022 4:16 AM

Mar 2022
Undicium said:
SabreDrago said:
Undicium said:
SabreDrago said:
Thanks will definitely try the original dub

Mar 5, 2022 6:02 AM

Oct 2020
1. the original dub is a masterpiece ! one of those shows that's better in the dub imo. speaking as someone from europe, the accents are also accurate !
2. the abridged version (despite being a parody) is undeniably the best fan dub i've ever heard !
and even though some earlier episodes had some noticible flaws in the quality of the va, i think we can all agree, it's on par with the original :)
Mar 5, 2022 6:03 AM
Jan 2022
Original tbh,abridged is for fun
Mar 5, 2022 6:04 AM
Mar 2021
The sub is better than both
Mar 5, 2022 7:09 AM

Mar 2022
NEMESIS95 said:
1. the original dub is a masterpiece ! one of those shows that's better in the dub imo. speaking as someone from europe, the accents are also accurate !
2. the abridged version (despite being a parody) is undeniably the best fan dub i've ever heard !
and even though some earlier episodes had some noticible flaws in the quality of the va, i think we can all agree, it's on par with the original :)
Does the comedy in the abridged version ruin the overall serious tone of the original dub ?

Mar 5, 2022 7:13 AM

Oct 2020
A little bit, but at times it makes it badass
Mar 5, 2022 7:17 AM

Mar 2022
NEMESIS95 said:
A little bit, but at times it makes it badass
I see, thanks! Will try both if time permits me.

Mar 5, 2022 11:19 AM
Mar 2021
SabreDrago said:
NEMESIS95 said:
Does the comedy in the abridged version ruin the overall serious tone of the original dub ?

I don’t have a problem with the humor but I’m my opinion the sub is just better the jokes are kinda old tho not all of them are funny
Mar 8, 2022 8:12 AM
Jan 2022
SabreDrago said:
So I wanted to start watching hellsing ultimate and heard that the dub was the way to go. But then I came to know that 2 dubs existed, one by Funimation and another one which is an abridged version but seems quite popular. So my question is which dub would give me the best anime experience and does the abridged version's jokes ruin the seriousness in the anime ?

are you talking about the japanese dub?
Mar 8, 2022 8:26 AM

Mar 2022
atomicsugo1 said:
SabreDrago said:

are you talking about the japanese dub?
No I'm talking about the English dub.

May 28, 2022 7:47 AM
Oct 2019
How is this even a question?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.