Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2022 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
Good to know more about the family connections in this show, especially for Hiyori.

I thought this episode was sweet, not just for the usual fishing but also about Hiyori and Koharu's bond together. And to add some flavor to the episode, we even got some dumplings! Very nice.
Feb 25, 2022 6:00 AM

Feb 2020
Koharu was such an airhead again, haha. She even forgot to take her poncho with her and that's why she got sick.

Pouting Koharo and blushing Hiyori were so adorable. They are such a sweet duo. <3

That fireworks scene at the end was very nice.

SerafosMar 7, 9:39 PM
Feb 25, 2022 6:03 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly Kogaru forgeting her poncho just shows how clumsy she can be from time to time, but luckily she get over her cold pretty fast.
Hiyori learning how to cook for her was nice to see, she really cares about Koharu.

And the fireworks where nice as well.
Feb 25, 2022 6:21 AM

Apr 2016
They said "In our house we only had two girls" .. so does that mean Hiyori's mom has a sister ? Or did i just read it wrong.

Anyway, dude, what an emotional cold lol, that was deep stuff right there. Also grandpa is da mvp.
Feb 25, 2022 6:26 AM

Jul 2017
Hey Hiyori, Koharu catching cicadas in the Summer are a kid's job, and she's a kid mentality in a teenage girl's body lols. It's not wrong.

It's Summer vacation continued, back to Hiyori's grandparents' place...and immediately it feels a lot different other than the family remarried altogether. Hand-making dumplings that taste good but look uneven, reminiscing family memories...and not forgetting fishing.

Fishing for iwana (or char) fish because they live under rocks, it's a challenge that Koharu easily masters, and Hiyori is acting more like a fish in total embarrassment. It's been awhile that both sisters are fishing on their own, and Koharu for lack of skill can't catch one (though she eventually did), while Hiyori does her usual work and releases fish for certain reasons. That said, fly fishing is one that you catch for leisure, as supposed to catching fish in the ocean only to catch them for food, and Koharu's Iwagoro is caught for accomplishment.

Having a poncho really helps this time as both sisters encounter rain and thunder...sadly for Koharu as she simply forgot to take it with her before leaving, resulting in a heavy drench and fever. Hiyori's grandpa is actually quite nice, just that he wears a poker face on his sleeve, and her grandma teaching Hiyori to cook char is also nice to see, a fair trade. Through simple adversaries like illnesses, requires more trust within each other, and though festivals are a-buzzin' with fireworks, just family can feel close.

Heh, Big Sis Koharu? I can live with that xD
Feb 25, 2022 6:39 AM

Jun 2021
I'm going through a cold right now, so that second half cut deep.

But I got pouty Mum and got to see Koharu's mum (who was pretty cute) and baby Koharu, who I'd protect with my life, so it's all good :)
Feb 25, 2022 7:52 AM

Mar 2021
Another fantastic and sweet episode seeing Hiyori and Koharu getting even more close to each other was great to watch and the fireworks scene at the end was just amazing
Reecey91Feb 25, 2022 12:31 PM
Feb 25, 2022 9:31 AM

Nov 2019
A nice summer centric episode

Hiyori's mother pouting is so cute

Koharu's iwagoro looked tasty, glad she got better so quickly

The fireworks scene was amazing, especially when Hiyori called Koharu onee-chan
Feb 25, 2022 9:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice to see more of the family, but kinda sad how Koharu got sick and also got that flashback of her deceased mother and brother, though it ended well for her sickness anyway, the fireworks were good
Feb 25, 2022 10:17 AM

Feb 2019
Elden ring and slow loop, amazing way to end the week! Hiyori finally saying onee-chann just made my week, such a warm moment between the two of them. Beautiful episode as always
Feb 25, 2022 11:21 AM
Apr 2021
Man another sweet as sugar episode ended. To be honest I don't want this anime get ended 😭
Feb 25, 2022 12:48 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Hiyori doesn't really get along with her grandpa in the sense that he is so quiet but her grandmother reassures her that he is happy she is visiting. Koharu laughed at Hiyori's chomp sound effects whilst fishing xD. Koharu doesn't have luck catching fish today and she learns that you don't always eat what you catch due to it being bad for the environment/ecosystem. She eventually gets one on her hook and Hiyori helps her by scooping out the fish! She named her fish Iwagoro and promised they would eat him in a delicious way! The rain means they have to stop fishing and they hurry to the mountains but Koharu has forgotten her rain poncho! She is soaked with water by the time they get back to shelter. She also catches a cold because of it. Hiyori asks her grandmother how to cook the fish which she does. Koharu has memories of her mother and brother. Koharu likes the IWAGORO [:)] fish soup that Hiyori helped made. Hiyori tells Koharu that if she ever wants to cry it's fine and that she can complain as much as she wants because they are family. Fireworks conveniently are also visible which adds to the emotion in the scene!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 25, 2022 12:53 PM

Aug 2020
Real life locations featured in this week's episode:

• Mount Kita (北岳, Kita-dake) is a mountain of the Akaishi Mountains−"Southern Alps" (南アルプス Minami-Arupusu), in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan.It is the second tallest mountain in Japan.

• Hiyori and Koharu walk across a suspension bridge over the Noro River

• The mountain hut where Hiyori and Koharu seek shelter is the Norogawa Hirokawara Information Center which is located near the suspension bridge. It is the base camp for climbers ascending Kita-dake.

Photo sources:
Kitadake: Japan’s Second Highest Peak
https://twitter.com/koishikawa302/status/1459452953316651010?s=20&t=JUkMi6aDw-d-e6KLv_vemQ
KusoKao20Feb 25, 2022 2:04 PM
Feb 25, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2007
Cutest. Chomp. Ever.
Feb 25, 2022 2:55 PM

Aug 2020
this episode was so cute, loving this anime so far
Call me Ren
Feb 25, 2022 3:33 PM

Apr 2015
The area that they fished in this episode looks like some great hiking area with Japan's second tallest mountain not far away from that river. Sounds like a idea for a Japan trip..

Hiyori's chomps were too freaking adorable!! Hiyori asking her grandmother to teach her how to cook for Koharu was pretty cute.
Feb 25, 2022 5:32 PM

Aug 2018
Very nice episode.
Thank goodness something serious didn't happen to Koharu. And Hiyori saying Onee-chan to Koharu at the end was very adorable.
Feb 25, 2022 6:11 PM

Jul 2020
Having an episode in the mountains was a nice change of pace, and that ending was fantastic!

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Feb 25, 2022 8:03 PM
May 2018
Sad there is no Koi-chan in this episode :(

However, fishing at thr mountain seems relaxing. I see the growth of relationship of the main duo (as a sibling of course (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
Feb 25, 2022 8:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This week we find ourselves in a more countryside area (my favorite lol) and it’s time for more river fishing, this time for Charr or Iwana, absolutely loved Hiyori’s adorable chomp sound, and the part where Koharu caught one was great, and naming a fish you’re catching to eat probably isn’t a great idea lol. And of course the classic trope of getting a rough cold from being in the rain shows up here, but we got a cute little Koharu fever dream featuring her mom and brother, and a nice moment between Hiyori and Koharu from it, RIP Iwagoro tho. Lastly, the scene during the fireworks was a wholesome way to end the episode, Hiyori calling Koharu big sis was nice.
Feb 25, 2022 8:10 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, that flashback of Koharu's deceased mother and brother... direct hit to the feels.

Another excellent episode. I'm so happy to see Koharu and Hiyori getting even closer to each other.

Also Hiyori's "chomps" and her mother pouting... so cute!!
Feb 26, 2022 5:14 AM

Feb 2014
Chomp! Chomp Chomp!

Damn, Hiyori's chomps were insanely cute! X3

The time that Hiyori and Koharu had fishing within the mountains during their Summer holidays was really relaxing. It took Koharu a while to get used to fly-fishing here, but at least she was able to finally get a nice catch. Sadly for her, it started raining and she forgot to take her rain poncho with her, so it wasn't surprising that she caught a small fever afterwards.

The flashback with Koharu when she was younger, surrounded by her late mother and younger brother was cute, but also bittersweet, as a reminder of what Koharu has gone through. Either way, it was nice to see Hiyori wanted to help her grandmother with the cooking so that it would help Koharu with her recovery.

Speaking of Hiyori, aside from the adorable chomp noises, I'm proud of her when she finally started calling Koharu her big sister. I can't blame her for being embarrassed while saying that, but I applaud her for doing so! ^_^
Feb 26, 2022 5:14 AM

Oct 2016
Man, I didn't come here to cry bro. What a great episode! Hiyori and Koharu becoming even more closer, c'mon Hiyori, say it again.

Hiyori's "chomps" caught me so off guard man lmao, that was so adorable. I had the same reaction as Koharu when Hiyori chomped.

Smol Koharu was so cute, but seeing her mother and brother just filled me with pain, man.

The only negative in this episode was that there was no Koi, but best girl will be back next episode, really looking forward to that.
Feb 26, 2022 6:55 PM

May 2020
damn she called her big sis. too warm. too wholesome
Feb 26, 2022 7:02 PM

Feb 2021
KusoKao20 said:
Real life locations featured in this week's episode:

• Mount Kita (北岳, Kita-dake) is a mountain of the Akaishi Mountains−"Southern Alps" (南アルプス Minami-Arupusu), in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan.It is the second tallest mountain in Japan.

• Hiyori and Koharu walk across a suspension bridge over the Noro River

• The mountain hut where Hiyori and Koharu seek shelter is the Norogawa Hirokawara Information Center which is located near the suspension bridge. It is the base camp for climbers ascending Kita-dake.

Photo sources:
Kitadake: Japan’s Second Highest Peak
https://twitter.com/koishikawa302/status/1459452953316651010?s=20&t=JUkMi6aDw-d-e6KLv_vemQ

Thank you kindly for this. I always enjoy the anime to real life comparisons with real world locations! Keep it up!

Heartwarming episode, sad moment with Koharu dreaming about her deceased mother and brother.
Feb 26, 2022 9:04 PM

Jul 2019
Superb episode. Hard to choose between little Koharu inside her dream and blushing Hiyori doing fish noises and pronouncing the "onee-chan" word for the cutest thing of this week's footage (and there's also Hiyori's pouting mom).
Feb 28, 2022 9:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hiyori's weakness includes bugs as well huh adorable. Spending time with the grandparents is always a fun time. They sure went pretty far for their stream fishing excursion though. Though fun its unfortunate that it also caused Koharu illness as well thanks to the rain. But the careful care of her family as well as delicious food sure did well to heal her along with a nice backup from her past memories as well of course. The fireworks festival was a nice way to end their visit though. Looks like Hiyori's bond with Koharu has reached another milestone which id always warm to see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2022 6:46 AM

Jul 2021
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DIABETES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man best episode till now, this was beautiful. I wish I could have watched this episode sooner (T▽T)

Haha I can kinda feel the grandpa, he cares a lot but is unable to display it, the grandma understands him very well and only she can tell what's going on through his head, it's like a match made in heaven.

It was fun to see the mom act like a kid around her mom, the pout and stuff xD, it's a delight to watch parents act like kid around their parents, really.

That Hiyori's "chomp" "chomp" was so freaking cute man ( ๑>ᴗ<๑ ) and Koharu's reaction to it was great as well, the sweetness level of this episode is off the charts.

Nothing better than a laughing Koharu to make your day better.

Haha Koharu even got attached to the fish she caught lol.

Koharu got soaked and caught cold, I don't know what this anime does it me, even little scenes make me emotional lmao, I don't get this emotional on such little scenes but I got teary-eyed when I saw sick Koharu crying. Damn.

Grandpa's reaction to hearing that his daughter is gonna prepare lunch was hilarious, it's also scenes like these, there wasn't anything particularly very funny in this scene but I still laughed out loud like audibly.

And we got to see smol Koharu! she's adorable, we even got to see her mother and lil brother, he was a cutest little thing (pain).

Look at this cute little pout eeeeeeeeee

Those few minutes with smol Koharu were just the best, I got like 6 wallpapers from just those few minutes.

Hiyori learnt how to make soup for Koharu and Koharu liked the soup a lot :D

The outside scene was great, the fireworks looked so freaking good man, I especially felt like the animation in this episode was better than usual, the fireworks looked really beautiful and with that we got our fireworks episode, kinda sucks that they weren't able to go to the festival but doesn't matter, they at least spent the evening together.

Hiyori calling Koharu onee-chan was cute.

And with this episode, Koharu has secured a spot in my MAL signature hehe. Koharu best girl <3 Will update my signature as soon as I get some free time.

Even updated my rating from 9->10 after this episode.

A very wholesome, cute and happy episode overall. 6/5 episode. Gotta wait just 2 days for new episode haha, looking forward to it.
TsutanaiFuunMar 2, 2022 7:08 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 3, 2022 1:21 PM

Sep 2020
The final scene where Hiyori talks to Koharu with fireworks is very heartwarming~
Also I like how Hiyori keeps making that sound during fishing, very cute.
Mar 4, 2022 9:59 AM

Aug 2020
TSTO said:

Thank you kindly for this. I always enjoy the anime to real life comparisons with real world locations! Keep it up!

You're very welcome. I just posted another one for Episode 9.
Mar 8, 2022 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode, it was interesting to learn about river fishing and the fireworks show was great.
Mar 14, 2022 6:47 PM
Sep 2020
Ah, the infamous japanese cold.
Mar 15, 2022 1:09 AM

May 2020
Summer cold huh... a blessing in disguise though, as sisters got even more closer.

Also Koharu had younger brother too, good thing they showed as it seems like I totally forgot about this.
May 20, 2022 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Chomp! Chomp! Chomp! Iwagoro makes for some good meal!

Koharu's precious memory of spending time in the hospital with her (sadly now deceased) mother and little brother was so wholesome and sweet.

Jul 27, 2022 8:44 AM

Apr 2011
Ah yes. Another sweet and relaxing episode.

Got a past memory of what Koharu's mom looked like and her little bro.
Sep 8, 2022 1:19 PM

Aug 2018
She always smiles after husband's death.. Yeah.. Smile doesn't necessary mean good things..
Well, releasing fish is also good for nature as well.. As in the first place - balance in nature is good.. Fish eat all kinds of things.. And fish will be eaten by all kinds of things as well.. Just taking it for humanity - is fine.. As humanity is part of nature.. But also it can be chosen not to take her..
Oct 4, 2022 7:57 PM

May 2022
Another species, this time Iwana. Miso soup with Iwana!

The dialogue about catch-and-release and fishery conservation was so well done! This is the perfect show for kids and novice anglers. And the emotional connection between our two step-sisters really drives the story. I am more impressed with every episode!
Nov 10, 2022 10:14 PM

Oct 2022
What a heartwarming episode. The themes this time were once again family bonds and more fishing. I loved how it focused more on family connections this time as opposed to friendships like the few past episodes.

Nov 17, 2023 10:48 PM
Jun 2012
Iwagoro you will be missed. Assist us in the next life as 🍽️.
Dec 12, 2023 5:55 AM

May 2019
Straight up wholesome as heck how the grandpa bought all that fruit for Koharu and when Hiyori called her 'big sis'.
Apr 25, 4:51 AM
Dec 2022
The girls visit Hiyori's grandparents and go fly fishing at a stream in the mountain. Koharu got sick from the rains and they got closer.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

60 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 26, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2022

38 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 26, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2022

45 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 25, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

44 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 25, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Slow Loop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2022

55 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Apr 25, 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.