Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2022 8:25 PM

Dec 2009
I can't fully judge how bad or good it could have been completed, since it was cancelled, but I don't understand why this story was fabricated in the first place when it barely relates at all to the source visual novel.

If I remember correctly, Shion's school was indeed extremely strict with no liberty, to force discipline and enforce elite education, but I clearly remember her (in this time frame) hating that school and I think never mentioning any friends of which we learn while she's escaping.
Although, we don't know how her experience is after that chapter from the last chapters since it's never mentioned again.

So, having a new character who Shion cares to befriend and protect for being a victim of bullying, and a loner ... feels off since she never had a friend in that time... Unless it's a time after the chapter she's insane.
Regardless, I could imagine her wanting to protect someone. Hurting the girl's feelings from a misunderstanding in C2 seems almost implausible though.

Aside from not being very accurate to her character, implementing death and murder in her school which, again, never exited in the visual novel feels off.
Who knows what the idea was, what Mizuho's truth is, who that girl is, what those sisters are planning, and finally if the sister is the villain ... it all feels random and meaningless to the lore and story of Higurashi.
Ooishi is a little too menacing as well in this, which I feel isn't accurate.

I guess Ryukishi07 had a decent idea for this story, but I doubt it, and I imagine he wasn't fully involved, because a fair amount of these manga spin offs don't properly fit to the source.
I don't sense any hint of the Hinamizawa Syndrome in this, or rather it wouldn't make much sense at this distance and timeline, so the story feels implausible to the lore by default. 4/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai: Utsutsukowashi-hen Chapter 5 Discussion

Kitsu-nee - Feb 18, 2023

0 by Kitsu-nee »»
Feb 18, 2023 11:44 AM

» Discontinued or what?

Arashi89 - Feb 21, 2011

3 by elgatosaika »»
Mar 31, 2022 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.