Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2022 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
Glad to see this show explore the musical side of their school. Plus, Akebi seems like the type of girl that always seeks new friends and ambitions.

Being at a school, it was interesting to see Oshizu play the guitar and explore her passion of music. Akbei is also such a good friend to her.
Feb 19, 2022 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
A new day... a new character who gets introduced in the show who's gonna be friends with Akebi eventually. LOL. She's still so cheerful and amazed with anything new she sees, it's cute. This time, Shizu who loves music but like many others can't play the guitar very well. Also, gotta say Akebi's quite flexible. Well, we saw that in earlier episodes as well.

Another thing I noticed was that one guitar practice scene was pretty impressive and accurate. Some things are relatable, to say the least, and everyone's trying their best in this anime towards something that they aim for. Good episode.
Feb 19, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2018
The class situation was quiet and it was still early, So after school she just really looking for a club? That Was a beautiful garden, hard to find that gazebo in a girl's school, especially the location in the rural area. Nice performance but yeah, Akebi-chan is really interested, music? Is it a yoga Idk, I don't understand exercise like that. It seems imouto-chan is still having a hard time imitating something like that. How did they make such a visual? I mean the rehearsal scene with the guitar, and that finger. Isbthat a Ludo games? It seems like a game that requires strategy and intelligence. Not much going on, guitar fixing, playing guitar, beautiful scenery, and starting to get a little bored, lol.
Feb 19, 2022 8:09 AM

May 2020
Another day, another new company for Akebi. This time the roommate pair of Hebimori Oshizu and Togana Mai. And once again her knack of making anyone do whatever she demands was spot on.

Good for Oshizu though, got herself playing that guitar of her once again.
Feb 19, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another new friend for Akebi. :) And she's as likable as everyone else in this show.

SerafosMar 7, 9:50 PM
Feb 19, 2022 9:00 AM

Apr 2010
Well sometimes saying things without thinking can come back to haunt you still the characters learned a few things.
And it was nice to see them try to achieve what they promised.
We also got to see more characters again which was nice.
Feb 19, 2022 9:18 AM

Apr 2016

Ah, to be young again and devote yourself to a musical instrument. Or just get misunderstood and make a big fuss about it in the end, i guess that works too :D. I like the message this episode was trying to convey to us, very Japanese, very battle shounen-y.
Feb 19, 2022 9:27 AM

Apr 2014
A new episode, a new friend for Akebi-chan.
Now, it's time for her to form a band. Let's find a drummer and a bassist. lol.....
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 19, 2022 9:51 AM
Nov 2019
Geez this anime is too good especially this episode was particularly my favorite.

The characters like togano and in particular hebimori were good plus love how every character is different from another though I hoped they didn't cut hebimori's backstory as well as her thoughts on akebi which I found really good about her when reading the manga.

The use of lightnings to match the conversations and the storyboard really stood out this episode especially the transition of usual style to aesthetic one when kizaki starts playing.

Moaang really nailed this for his debut episode.

Might be my favorite this season.
RepletteFeb 19, 2022 10:10 AM
Feb 19, 2022 9:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was cute to see her being interested in guitar and then improving to play that good at the end!
Feb 19, 2022 10:01 AM

Dec 2020
One thing is for sure akebi can find very fast new friends she is very social xD.

Nice that she not give up on the Gitar and that was a nice song.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Feb 19, 2022 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
Akebi and Erika are such good friends, their first-name basis is standard.

Otherwise, I'm kinda glad that the focus is now shifting onto other people like Oshizu Hebimori, whom Akebi is trying to friend with her interest in music, but doesn't know how to read nor play instruments at all, other than using her old dad's classical guitar to try to impress Akebi. Her roommate Mai Togano is even more surprised that the guitar is only just for decoration.

Being in a club can be stressful, as such with Akebi in the drama club readying for a stage play. And Oshizu really got it out of the gate with breaking a string, so much so that on top of memorizing chords, she doesn't have the will to continue. Her solace coming from looking at her other classmates all be practicing hard in their own clubs, to translating that towards her newbie guitar practice.

Well damn, I'm surprised that Erika is quite adept at playing the piano, along with the soft-shelled CloverWorks' style of imagery that blends well to give it a fidelity. Oshizu's guitar strumming may sound a bit rough, but being forced by Akebi to hear her playing...I feel, takes her out of her comfort zone. Really though, a small round of applause for Oshizu in being confident.

This week's message: Practice makes perfect.
Feb 19, 2022 10:07 AM

Jul 2011
The hiding under the piano I was okay with Erika not seeing Akebi and Hebimori, i was okay, but when Touko appeared, was too much to not see 2 people under a piano.
Feb 19, 2022 10:55 AM

Jan 2008
Does anyone know the name of the song that is played at around 14:55?

I think I know it from somewhere, but I can't remember it (or maybe I'm just crazy).
Feb 19, 2022 11:11 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
It was so cure seeing Erika and Akebi trade complements. Guess there will always be people that prefer solitude rather than join any clubs. When Akebi's eyes are sparkling its hard to deny her huh. The reaction that Hebimori had when Togano walked in was priceless. Akebi's training sure looked exhausting. The bonding moment between Hebimori and Togano was nicely done as was her advice as well. No one is born good at everything but with enough hard work you can get good at anything. In the end its nice to see the training that Hebimori put herself through paid off because her performance was pretty good. Overall an excellent ep that while doing a great job at introducing the characters of Togano and Hebimori did well to complement them with the theme of perseverance that allowed us to see them both reach their first milestones for their respective goals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2022 11:16 AM

May 2020
I like how this show exhibits all walks of life, Akebi's classmates, and the activities that they pursue. I liked the musical aspect of this episode and of course, it looked really good as well visually.

Slow Loop and Akebi's Sailor Uniform give me some relaxation vibes to prepare me for the pain and suffering that comes with Shingeki no Sunday.
Feb 19, 2022 12:23 PM

May 2021
The, whatever it was, at around the 18:00 mark, was very beautiful. Liked this episode's message.

Also, I have noticed that Akebi is a catalyst for change in other people, kinda like Ayanokouji in COTE LN.

Feb 19, 2022 12:40 PM

May 2021
Great episode! We see Hebimori who is into guitars and music and of course we all know Akebi will go ahead and try to make her into her friend! Akebi asks for her to play for her but she doesn't really know much about guitars it seems and sheet music. She practices with an acoustic and the scene where her roommate walks in on her playing random stuff on it was funny xD. She breaks a string but then fixes it and starts training again after her roommate tells her that you need to practice a lot if you want to master something. She admitted to Akebi she lied but in the end, she did really well for such little practice time!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 19, 2022 12:59 PM

Mar 2021
Another new friend for Akebi and she is as adorable as the rest and what a lovely and sweet song she played for her
Feb 19, 2022 1:16 PM

Feb 2019
Who did the story boarding and directing for this episode? This was surreal. The animation and art was the best we’ve had this season. Kinda gave off soraosa vibes
Feb 19, 2022 3:09 PM

Feb 2021
As a guitar player this episode felt so relatable, specially the part where you can't read sheet music or just get overwhelmed with the absurd amount of chords that are there.

And that performance was great, it really is a unique feeling to actually perform in front of someone for the first time.
Feb 19, 2022 3:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
What a fantastic episode. It sounded great and looked even better. I really enjoyed the subtle reaction animations and the overall vibe was YuruCamp-level healing.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 19, 2022 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
Great message in this episode! If you want to strive for something you want to do and get better in it, you gotta keep practicing till you get to the point that it is satisfactory or beyond!

Also what the actual was that Piano scene, that was gorgeous!!
Feb 19, 2022 4:00 PM

Aug 2020
Every character has their own story. As to playing an instrument, there's really no chance of getting late in trying. Just push forward and practice.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Feb 19, 2022 4:14 PM
Aug 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Who did the story boarding and directing for this episode? This was surreal. The animation and art was the best we’ve had this season. Kinda gave off soraosa vibes

Moaangggg, this episode wss really different compare to other episodes. And yes it's their debutant direction. They're known key animator in sakuga community.
Feb 19, 2022 4:28 PM
May 2018
Loved it, really had a motivational message from how you gotta keep going. I related to Hebimori quite a lot, honestly a lot of the characters in this show are really easy to connect to. Akebi a bit less but that’s the point of her character I feel.
Feb 19, 2022 5:30 PM
Feb 2022
The song Oshizu covered was Cherry by Spitz for those wondering.

Feb 19, 2022 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
I seriously feel for those people that couldn't get pass the first few episodes. This show is fantastic. Amazing debut for Moaang as storyboard/episode director.
Feb 19, 2022 6:14 PM
Oct 2020
I think this episode is pretty deserving of a 5.
It was wholesome, and I think it was pretty successful in revealing the struggles of teens and the implications they come across as they traverse their teen/school life.

I still can't get over how good the visuals are - they remind me of Hyouka a tad bit
Feb 19, 2022 6:27 PM

Oct 2021
Episode Director/ SB Moaang . Brilliant Debut.
Episode took a different colour composition when the Piano scene started . I am still amazed how detailed were the character design , character acting was more fluid and mesmerising.
Totally this episode story wise and animation wise was both done well .
Usually in most anime shows Guitar and other instruments are 3dcg infact sometimes the composition goes inconsistent if they can’t blend both 2d characters + 3dcg instruments properly . But in Akebi chan the 3dcg instruments were so nicely blended with the 2D characters amazes me more .
And the masterful character 3D retouched scene when they give polish and shading to their character designs is so brilliant to watch in every episode and I’m thankful that youhei miyahara is so talented he made akebi-chan show more beautiful.
AtoferatofeFeb 20, 2022 12:33 AM
Feb 19, 2022 8:09 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ouch, that first sequence, don't know why its looks very sweet between them. Then, seems like her father blurted his fetish out of sudden via her friend photo, kek. Then, as always, Akebi-chan won't stop barge in to every classmate business, eh? But at the very least, its awakened their inner hobby and had fun with it well enough. Erika and her good play on piano, and Hebimori with the guitar. I thought she would use electric guitar when the guitar snapped, but its turned out her determination still as fire as ever. Expect them to form a band soon, or at least collaboration play, with the help of another Akebi force drive too of course. But for now, i am sure enjoying this little musical episode. And don't forget about another Kao cutie moment, which never forget to enlighten my mood on this sunday morning of me. Lets see what else they have next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 19, 2022 8:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Dare I say this is another favorite episode of mine, love to see a music based episode, Hebimori quickly became one of my favorites too lol, loved seeing her learn guitar from scratch, I’m very glad she decided to pick it up again too after messing up once thanks to Togano, and by extension Akebi for wanting to hear her play. I 100% know the feeling of being discouraged to learn something by seeing how much there is to learn or how much better others are at said thing, but practice does indeed make perfect, and that scene where she played for Akebi and even sung, wow that was so good, she really improved in what seemed like a short time, and the animation was amazing too, and apparently that’s an old song too, love to see some classic homage.
Rhysy_G123 said:
The song Oshizu covered was Cherry by Spitz for those wondering.

It is indeed this one

I love the addition of Hebimori and Togano, they’re a nice duo, and as always I’m excited for next week.
Feb 19, 2022 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
Another week, another girl who succumbs to Akebi's charms.

Heartwarming episode as usual. I really liked the message it conveyed and the sudden change in direction once Erika started playing the piano was simply superb.
Feb 19, 2022 8:34 PM

Sep 2018
Great episode, a lot more enjoyable now that the weird shit is a lot more minimal in this anime.
Feb 19, 2022 8:44 PM

Oct 2011
Erika play piano so well that changed the animation, XD
stylized and beautiful

really like Hebimori... easy to identify with her struggle... the passion for something, and the feeling of not be able to do it... nice "ganbare" message of the episode
Feb 19, 2022 8:47 PM

Jul 2021
Another pretty great and wholesome episode.

We focus on Hebimori san in this episode, she likes music yet hasn't joined a club and one day when she's listening to music, she has caught Komichi's attention and is approached by her and Hebimori san ends up telling her that she can play guitar when she really can't.

Now what follows is Hebimori struggling to play guitar. I liked how Hebimori worked so hard just so she can play guitar for one of her classmates, Tagano encouraged her as well and she herself was progressing well in shooting the basket ball in the basket.

Hebimori played guitar so well man, I didn't expect her to sing as well, that was a top tier performance and the song was beautiful. Komichi's appreciation of it has pushed Hebimori to actively start learning to play guitar, that was wholesome.

We also got to know that Erica can play piano and damn that's something, it's not like you can just buy a piano and practice it at home. That sounded pretty great as well.

Kao's "roll roll" "roll roll" at the end was cute as heck lol.

This episode was visually stunning as well and got tons of wallpapers[30],here's the link to the album in case anyone is interested.

5/5 episode. Looking forward to next one.
TsutanaiFuunFeb 19, 2022 9:27 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 19, 2022 9:07 PM

Oct 2017
A nice Hebimori focused episode, she worked hard to play for Akebi chan cause you can't say no to Akebi. Also Kizaki playing the piano was beautiful.
Feb 19, 2022 9:12 PM
Jan 2016
Nice to see a refreshing feel to the anime as it goes into music in this episode.
Feb 19, 2022 10:43 PM

Oct 2016
This episode was so beautiful, not just visually, but the story of the episode as well. The Erika piano playing scene though, holy shit.

I don't play any instruments, but I could definitely feel Hebimori's struggles in trying to learn the guitar. Man, that was fantastic.
Feb 20, 2022 12:39 AM

Sep 2020
The scene where Erika plays the piano is so great! Also Hebimori's singing and playing is amazing~
Feb 20, 2022 2:48 AM

Sep 2018
An episode dedicated to discovery: first of all you know the character of Hebimori and then that of Togano, then you get to Erika and her hidden side. Also this time the narration is unsettling because it introduces us to a character not as prominent as that of Hebimori who for the most part has passed on the sly in previous episodes. In addition to the beauty of the sets, this time I also appreciated the peculiarity of the light in the various moments of the narration, so different in the various contexts. Excellent characters and their reactions. The quality of the drawings and animations is always very high, I can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 20, 2022 3:05 AM
Jan 2021
Can somebody name drop the seiyuus for Hebimori and Togana. Got interested on them.
Feb 20, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2020
We came off from last week with the most sweetest Akebi episode so far...and then we get treated to the most inspirational and heartwarming episode of the series yet...this series is PEAK SoL.

New week, new faces, with the friends of the week, Hebimori and Togana. Our Hebimori loves guitar, but doesn't know how to play it, but with the push of a cute devil (aka Akebi), she makes a push to play the instrument of her desire. And with Togana, well she's practicing to ball, go get it girl!

So guys, I got the memo, but in case that you still don't know after 7 weeks of watching this anime, umm...the animation of this show is TOP-NOTCH. And the scene that shooked me the most from this series so far is when Erika played the piano...I don't know if the animation director and the CloverWorks team secretly agreed to smoke some weird shit, but that secret session that didn't really happen resulted to the best set of animation frames put out to an anime.

My mouth was fucking shut seeing the scene unfold, and that's not even the last highlight of this episode. When Oshizu played her guitar and sang to Akebi, all I can really think in my head is that "it is such a beautiful scene and I need to listen to the song in YouTube IMMEDIATELY.

Yeah this episode left me wasted in the greatest way possible, another GREAT episode from CloverWorks and Akebi. Oh and there was even a ReoNa reference when Oshizu was reading a magazine earlier in the episode, I can go on and on but I had to stop this---

Screenshot counter for this episode: 25....it doesn't even matter if it's less than the previous weeks, this episode just left me stunned!
raiderublazeFeb 20, 2022 7:51 AM
Feb 20, 2022 9:27 AM

Jan 2008
Aoiron said:
Can somebody name drop the seiyuus for Hebimori and Togana. Got interested on them.

Hebimori is voiced by Kambe Mitsuho (神戸光歩) and Togano by Shiraishi Haruka (白石晴香).
Feb 20, 2022 10:44 AM

Sep 2018
This show is like hillwalking...

Just when you think you're scaling the final peak there's another one there for you.

I doubted the studio would maintain the quality of the opening episodes let alone ramp it up like this.

Can they seriously deliver another five episodes at this level!?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 20, 2022 11:16 AM

May 2021
holy, this episode was extremely well done, it connected everything wonderfully. How it focused the still life, developed from the start the premise of the episode, and the piano scene change of tone. They finally used the extremely expressive gestures to do something good haha

Feb 20, 2022 1:36 PM

Mar 2010
I gave up after 1 day trying to learn to play the guitar.. so to see such resilience is quite impressive.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 20, 2022 2:41 PM

Aug 2018
Hebimori.
She plays the guitar very well and also sings very nice. And she is also pretty.
Very good chapter.
Feb 20, 2022 3:06 PM
Jan 2021
Mashima said:
Aoiron said:

Hebimori is voiced by Kambe Mitsuho (神戸光歩) and Togano by Shiraishi Haruka (白石晴香).

Thanks <3 Will check them out later.
Feb 20, 2022 3:38 PM

Nov 2012
I feel like a band is forming. Hope not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

149 by kixann »»
Apr 26, 2:11 PM

» If every Anime made like this everybody in the world will love Anime

Naveen6662246 - Feb 25

14 by Serafos »»
Mar 10, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by Pondoxd »»
Feb 15, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

240 by N_Hawke »»
Feb 15, 2:20 AM

» No one is saying it so, I am going to say it

kuzumaicant - Jan 16, 2022

23 by mimimilk »»
Feb 11, 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.