Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 17, 2022 7:25 PM
May 2020
I was enjoying the relationship between Tatsuya and Miyuki. I liked how despite the hardships the two siblings have obviously gone through and despite the fact they seem to have been almost entirely rejected from the outside world, they relished and cherished they’re strong bond together. It really felt like two siblings who only had each other so much so that they found it difficult to let anyone become to close to each other for fear of losing each other or the other getting hurt. They were protective of each other in a way I could relate to with hardships me and my siblings have been through. It felt pure and so wholesome to me. However, I do know how anime is and could tell there were hints towards something that might not quite be brotherly love from Miyuki but there was enough plausible deniability I could ignore it and enjoy their relationship. But then episode 22 had to happen and Miyuki had to almost kiss Tatsuya and be excited by the thought of it. From now on I’ll try to forget about it but I must admit it has somewhat sullied my opinions on the show. Does this sort of stuff bother anyone else or do people actually enjoy it? Obviously someone must because anime does it so often but I’d be curious to hear from anyone who likes this sort of development.
Feb 17, 2022 7:47 PM

Mar 2021
Thats the most basics of basic anime moment which includes siblings.

If you think

Danganronpa character voice in English is better than Japanese

Please Get Some Help

Feb 17, 2022 7:50 PM
Dec 2017
That’s how the novels/manga is written, the anime actually dumbs it down a little bit. the light novel gives off big incest vibes
Feb 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Jun 2021
Umm it's incest mate
wdy expect lol
You'll be even more disappointed then at the ending of the ln
Feb 17, 2022 9:19 PM
Oct 2021
Well you are late to catch. I understood that point around ep 3 or something but still I was hoping for tatsuya and sagusa shipping but it won't work.

Tatsuya can only feel feelings for miyuki.
I think in manga they already progressed.
Feb 18, 2022 3:13 AM

Jul 2015
It's a relationship between Mary Sue and Gary Stu, so there is absolutely no depth in it.
In chapter one you'll have seen basically everything they have to offer, since they are both perfect and since they are perfect, they have no room to improve, thus ship becomes boring.
Author tried to toss in incest to somehow make a "forbidden relationship" out of it, but it just made it look cringy.

Feb 18, 2022 7:51 PM
Jun 2011
You just gotta move on and ignore it. But it's been a while, I thought tatsuya was adopted or something.
Mar 26, 2022 2:55 AM

Sep 2018
You sound to pure for all this lol, I got that relationship message loud and clear very early on in this anime.
Jul 16, 2022 9:48 PM
Oct 2019
FreshSalmon827 said:
I was enjoying the relationship between Tatsuya and Miyuki. I liked how despite the hardships the two siblings have obviously gone through and despite the fact they seem to have been almost entirely rejected from the outside world, they relished and cherished they’re strong bond together. It really felt like two siblings who only had each other so much so that they found it difficult to let anyone become to close to each other for fear of losing each other or the other getting hurt. They were protective of each other in a way I could relate to with hardships me and my siblings have been through. It felt pure and so wholesome to me. However, I do know how anime is and could tell there were hints towards something that might not quite be brotherly love from Miyuki but there was enough plausible deniability I could ignore it and enjoy their relationship. But then episode 22 had to happen and Miyuki had to almost kiss Tatsuya and be excited by the thought of it. From now on I’ll try to forget about it but I must admit it has somewhat sullied my opinions on the show. Does this sort of stuff bother anyone else or do people actually enjoy it? Obviously someone must because anime does it so often but I’d be curious to hear from anyone who likes this sort of development.

no, you're not the only one. i hate it. it's in a lot of anime. and... i hate it. i don't understand why this is such a popular anime trope
Aug 25, 2022 7:16 AM
Dec 2019
I really like it, In fact I think more anime should be like it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.