Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2008 7:49 AM

Mar 2008
It was a very good rebuild, although there were some minor things I didn't quite like.

There were some scenes that could have been "expanded", since the movie isn't that big. The "cuts" made it seem like it was progressing too fast. For example, in the beggining when Shinji agrees to pilot Eva almost imediately; or when he ran away and came back in a flash (actually saying he WANTED to come back); or when he punches Toji (he didn't even hesitate on that one xD); etc.

I don't know if I like the "new" Shinji yet.. Seeing a decisive and sometime determined Shinji feels weird. I guess I'll wait for the next movie and see how he turns out.

The plot is slightly diferent and you can see the author's concern with "explaining" things (not directly, of course), something we did not see in the series.

Overall, it was a very good movie with good animation and an improved audio. And the last angel of the movie was MUCH more exciting than in the series (scary, even). :)

It gets a 9/10 from me.
Oct 8, 2008 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
wow, fucking awesome CG. the remake of the positron rifle firing was simply epic. great all around, 9/10
Oct 8, 2008 11:02 PM

Sep 2008
Personaly I hated Eva the first time I saw it. But after watching rebuild I feel in love. the CG has made NGE better then it ever was and I can't wait till the next movie. Also so fucking glad they got rid of cruel angel thesis and fly me to the moon, freaken hated those songs.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 12, 2008 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
Great movie, but it looks like the new scenes and stuff will start appearing until the next one, it better come out soon!
Oct 24, 2008 11:53 PM

Aug 2007
The main thing I was looking forward to was the new Kaoru/Kaworu scenes, but he got so little time. Well, there are other movies coming up
Nov 1, 2008 4:41 PM
Mar 2008
I'm an Eva-lover, since it's been my anime baptism.
I love everything about eva, but this movie felt a bit rushed in; they cut many of those poetic scenses (which many called boring) and gave it a pace that's out of question
. Other than that, it was a pleasant experience, even if many things looked out of place.
I've watched it at Lucca Comics and Games (an anime/manga/comics/videogames festival here in Italy) as it was presented as the first public play of the Italian dubbed movie. About their voices I have to say that their effort in trying to find all the original voice actors was praiseworthy, although the voices went out somehow different from what I had expected; the change of acronym pronounciation (in the anime it was italianized, while in this movie it's English) and the wise-yet-ugly change of "First-Second-Whatever Children" into "Primo-secondo-ecc. ragazzo" (literally "first-second-whatever child"). It sounded so worse than the original, mostly because the original cheesiness was part of the fun (Italian users will never forget Misato yelling "Evangelion 01 LIFT OFF!", where lift was pronounced like "life" with an added "t" at the end XD). Not to say that Rei Ayanami sounded much more expressive than in the series, while she should NOT sound expressive at all, and some of the panic scenes with Misato are just so unrealistically dubbed. However it's still better than many other actual dubs (and when I say many, I say Death Note).

Pen-Pen is out of place. Please clean your fridge, Misato. Many things are shiny new, yet they killed the glittering music that represented Shinji seeing the geo-front for the first time. Heck, I was singing it when I've visited the INFN (National Institute of Nuclear Physics) under the Gran Sasso (the Italian Geo-Front - srsly, they bake evangelions down there :D), and it's now gone.
Oh, and Fly Me to the Moon was a must. Not to talk about "Thesis of the cruel Angel".

Oh, last, but not the least, Rei has got NIPPLES.
I scream for IMPROVEMENT!

9/10, just for my love for the series.
Nov 10, 2008 1:46 AM

Jun 2007
It was boring for the most part since roughly 80% was copied from the TV series. Until towards the end, where two short scenes were added and the sixth angel fight was dragged out (yawn) in order to make the film end 'dramatically', it was near enough an exact replication of the TV series, with improved art and animation. I was on the verge of judging it to be no more than an attempt to cash-in on overrated series until the changes started occuring.

Although it seems like attempts are being to connect the start to the end in order to make it a bit more understandable (yay!), very little in the way of plot details were revealed. Here are some example questions:

Why can only children pilot Evangelion? Why is Shinji the best pilot for his Eva? What happened to Tokyo I-II? Why are angels attacking? What are angels? What caused the first and second impact? What parts of the world were destroyed? Why do Seele members communicate through objects? Are Seele part of or above the UN? Why does there happen to be an angel, that Shinji is supposed to be killing, in the middle of NERV? Why hasn't the angel inside NERV been destroyed?

...etc, etc. Like with the TV series, my problem with the movie is that it goes out of its way not to inform its viewers why what happens happens. So little information is provided that it's frustrating, and it was even more frustrating with the TV series because EVERYTHING important got threw at viewers right at the end, when it could've been spread across the series in smaller, more comprehensible doses. Watching Evangelion play out like a standard mecha show for 90% and then switch to brain killing mode is what makes me hate it a little.

On the plus side, Asuka will enter the picture in the next film. Another plus is that, going on the ending and preview, it looks like the plot is actually going to diverge. Somehow the moon has got involved in the story, and it seems like angels come from the moon... Unless the TV series left out the tiny bit about angels coming from the moon (it wouldn't surprise me!), this is a big change. A new Evangelion unit (06) is coming to Earth from the moon, and a new female, glasses wearing character is getting involved. I just hope these changes make everything easier to understand and not the opposite!
AironicallyHumanNov 10, 2008 1:50 AM
Nov 11, 2008 4:19 PM

Sep 2008
My first reaction after watching it was, "Wow, that may have actually been better than the episodes." Pen Pen could be gotten rid of, he's really out of place. I recognized some scenes as being lifted straight from the episodes (Shinji getting punched, Shinji standing naked in front of Misato (which also could have been removed, the time could have been better used advancing some other aspect that actually matters, which is much more interesting than doing a censorship visual pun (the smaller container says 'toothpicks'))).

The glow in the dark EVA 01 armor is cool, but you're right, the scream from the berserk scene is off. It's nice that Rei and Shinji are possibly going to get to have a friendly relationship, and I liked the doubling between both Ikari's burning their hands on the plug latch to rescue Rei.

Pretty much on a whole they kept the good stuff, cut the bad stuff, and streamlined everything. I'm looking forward to the rest of the films.

Higurashi: Retroactively asserting why scary and cute sound so similar in Japanese.
Nov 24, 2008 8:34 AM

Jan 2008
i watched it without the subs! and even then, i gave it a a 10/10.

i was proud to be an eva fan while watching it. it also made me think that since i'm about to get a friend into eva, rebuild would be a good way to introducing them to it since it didn't seem like you get all that "i'm so emo, let me go cut myself and then i'll think about maybe saving the city" shinji. although i will re-watch rebuild in the spanish sub by next week, it seems to be great. i loved the extra scenes and i enjoyed the last battle with the angel so much!

i have to ask, since i wasn't sure i saw it... but did misato slap herself? O-o;
Dec 26, 2008 8:28 AM
Dec 2008
I finally got to watch it, NGE was also what got me into animus and has since then been my untouchable #1.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised abotu what they did with Rebuild of Evangelion.
I expected it, as many remakes, to blow BUT it turned out to be something so close and good to the original as the remastered Star Wars IV, V and VI.

One aspect already mentioned, that I really really feel strongly about, is the part where the lights and parts of the wall should fall onto Shinji. Eventhough I didn't get it first when I saw it - it became a crucial detail later on in the series. How did they leave it out?

All in all I'm a lover of NGE and can't rate this under 10. Even so I think it deserves a straight 10 as it managed to capture all the emotions that the original NGE series brought up.

There is big improvement even.
The fight against Ramiel was so drastically improved that it felt very intense watching. Even more than in the original series.

10/10, I can't wait for the next part.

PS: I don't think that, while I absolutely love Cruel Angel Thesis and Fly me to the moon, the missing original OP and ED should lower the rating of this Masterpiece by any means.
Jan 23, 2009 11:20 AM

May 2008
Looks like this has been licensed.
Feb 2, 2009 9:33 PM
Dec 2007
Arcanus said:
It was a very good rebuild, although there were some minor things I didn't quite like.

There were some scenes that could have been "expanded", since the movie isn't that big. The "cuts" made it seem like it was progressing too fast. For example, in the beggining when Shinji agrees to pilot Eva almost imediately; or when he ran away and came back in a flash (actually saying he WANTED to come back); or when he punches Toji (he didn't even hesitate on that one xD); etc.

I don't know if I like the "new" Shinji yet.. Seeing a decisive and sometime determined Shinji feels weird. I guess I'll wait for the next movie and see how he turns out.

The plot is slightly diferent and you can see the author's concern with "explaining" things (not directly, of course), something we did not see in the series.

Overall, it was a very good movie with good animation and an improved audio. And the last angel of the movie was MUCH more exciting than in the series (scary, even). :)

It gets a 9/10 from me.

You're right. All of that supports my (and many others') idea that this takes place during Third Impact as a world where Shinji wishes everything could've gone right
Apr 16, 2009 12:55 AM

Oct 2007
I was lucky enough to see it in the cinema with subtitles ^.^ I thought it was very good and cant wait to see the new one in july ;)

Apr 25, 2009 8:11 AM

Jun 2007
me like, me cant wait to see the next one.
i loved the angel cgi, and the new bits of clips that were added. overall, i think shinji is a little different than before (at least he chose to stay instead of leaving....)
May 28, 2009 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
Ocelot67 said:

The new shinji has aged 20 years - this is no longer 1995 when artistic expression and plot development we're pertinent to the popularity of a particular series. Kids want there anime at the speed and length of naruto. The bigger, flashier and shinnier it is, the more money they will pay to see it unfold.

Throw in the slightest bit of human emotion and they are turned off. I watched, it felt like kanon without the androgyny. I knew who everyone 'was' but, I really didn't care, this is a really old series to remaster all of the sudden after several box-sets and collectors editions anyway.
May 28, 2009 9:11 PM
May 2009
Overall good. Very, very colorful. Probably the best thing about the whole movie. Interesting how they reveal early secrets of the story (in a different matter). Let us see how the second movie will be.

I'm sad that Tristan MacAvery won't be doing the english voice over of Gendo Ikari. That's gonna diminish my enjoyment of the english dub greatly. = (
Jun 4, 2009 11:02 AM

Aug 2008
Watched Nyoro~n release. It was beautiful, sounded great a very impressive rebuild. I prefer Eva dubbed so this was a whole new experience for me. I guess I can either wait for a dubbed version of rebuild or just rewatch the original series in its original form.
Jul 8, 2009 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
It was basically a recap of the series with a different ending and a few extra scenes in higher quality =/ but it was still good I guess, although if the 2nd movie is anything like the preview this will get blown away.
Jul 11, 2009 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
...That. Was. Awesome.
I never really thought the TV-series was all that great, but this movie pretty much got rid of/downplayed all the things I didn't like about the series, (The "Mind Screw"-parts were still there, but not every other second, rather only played at times where they actually felt apropriate) and improved the things I DID like. Also, the animation was great, and the battles against the Angels were just mind-blowing. I mean, Ramiel MELTED A FREAKING MOUNTAIN! While the rest of the movie was awesome too, that one scene was definitely this movie's Crowning Moment of Awesome.

...I can hardly wait for the second movie.
Jul 27, 2009 3:17 PM

Oct 2008
The fight with Ramriel was truly epic
Aug 5, 2009 5:15 PM

Dec 2007
The animation was awesome along with all of the fights. Im really looking forward to the next movie whenever we get better quality.(hate camrips -_-)
Aug 18, 2009 9:09 AM

Jun 2009
Amazing Re-make...
Aug 21, 2009 5:04 AM
Jun 2009
this is anime is masterpiece...
and i love that style of animation too
Aug 25, 2009 8:28 AM

Jul 2009
this anime needs more explanations about some things!! but the anime is still good and this ova was great!
Aug 29, 2009 1:51 AM

Jun 2009
I don't know what to think. On one hand the fight scenes were cool, but I feel as though the depth of the characters was greatly sacrificed. It doesn't help that one of my favorite episodes at the beginning of the series, number 4, was pretty much completely cut out.

It also surprised me that Lilith was revealed so early, that could be interesting in the latter movies. Also, in some ways I like the new shinji but one of the best things about Eva has to be how the viewer is quite literally put in the main character(s) head. But, that was rarely the case here and it bothers me.

The last fight was cool and could be considered an improvement, except for the fact that this is a movie and, thus, the theater goers had to have some sort of finality. Whereas, the tv series had an episode the next week and so it didn't really have to be as dramatic.

Still, the Eva story was, and still is, really good. Shinji is still, basically, Shinji and Rei is still Rei, and Misato is still Misato. On that note, Misato actually seems to have a much better relationship with Shinji in this movie.

Of course, the thing that really worries me is how Asuka will be treated in the next movie.

8/10
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 29, 2009 7:03 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
I'm somewhat more concerned by the fact that they'll definitely omit everything said in the last two episodes of the show. The whole beauty of them lies in the fact that, without enough budget for dramatic finale shown later in EoE, much more attention has been put into dialogue, which ultimately resulted in a very strong therapeutic experience which even now makes NGE one of the highest quality TV shows to date. The movie will most definitely lack this effect, achieving dramatism in more conventional ways (like said EoE).

Not that it's necessary a bad thing, rather a somewhat unfortunate trend. Everything needs to be flashy and simple to combat the newer generations' acute ADD.
Aug 29, 2009 7:36 AM

Jun 2009
@ moozooh I don't know how you could consider EoE conventional, but that is a discussion for later. But, I think your right about the ending being changed. By the end of this movie(and from what i've heard of 2.0) it's pretty clear Rebuild is going into a somewhat different direction, and that's fine. I just don't enjoy the idea of the characters and basic plot being changed, which it probably won't. It's just a worry.

I mean, this was a good movie, but it just didn't feel the same. The tv series had great direction, and I just didn't feel that here. This is strange because most scenes in the movie were exactly the same as the original. As far as endings, I.. think it would be tough to beat EoE. Which, imo, was an absolutely (fanboy like statement alert)mindblowing movie that was executed brilliantly(holy crap). But, this isn't an EoE or tv series discussion so i'll stop there.

On the other hand, it's been said that this is an alternate version of Eva and, so, it probably isn't exactly a wise decision to compare the two.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 29, 2009 9:05 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
No, don't get me wrong: not "conventional", but "more conventional". Eps 25-26 are pretty tough to digest because they're mostly a stream of consciousness, a peek inside the minds of the main characters without much of a visual supplement outside of flashback sequences. You know that stuff happens outside, but you can't see it (might have as well been a book), so it changes the whole process of perceiving and comprehending the narration.

In EoE, on the other hand, the viewer is "outside", in the real world, and is able to see the same giant robots fighting each other, people dying in heaps, giant vaginas opening, christian crosses popping all over the place, and all that glorious imagery, ignoring the symbolic and philosophic subtext following it around as being strictly secondary to the [over the top] visuals. Hardly an uncommon thing for anime nowadays, actually (although, to be fair, most of it became conventional thanks to EoE). In other words, if NGE's ending is "just confusing", EoE's is "first epic and then confusing", and is thus not as easily dismissed. That being said, EoE makes for an enormous feeling of satisfaction (well, catharsis would be a better term), and its the reason it fully deserves the 10 I gave it.

All of it is only an opinion, of course.

By the way, to be honest, I thought the movies were supposed to follow Sadamoto's original manga (which was only halfway done by the time Anno finished the TV series). But since they're introducing new Eva pilots already in the second movie it seems it won't be like either product at all. They've definitely become incomparable since the release of 2.0.
Aug 29, 2009 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
u could jack off at how good the animation looks

ima cream my pants if i ever get it on blu ray and watch it on my big screen
Aug 30, 2009 10:49 AM

Jun 2009
AdamNougatieri said:
u could jack off at how good the animation looks

ima cream my pants if i ever get it on blu ray and watch it on my big screen

Except animation doesn't make something good. Action scenes and all that crap was never the point of Evangelion to begin with. It was always about the characters and the story, and I think it's somewhat lacking when compared to the TV series.
moozooh said:
No, don't get me wrong: not "conventional", but "more conventional". Eps 25-26 are pretty tough to digest because they're mostly a stream of consciousness, a peek inside the minds of the main characters without much of a visual supplement outside of flashback sequences. You know that stuff happens outside, but you can't see it (might have as well been a book), so it changes the whole process of perceiving and comprehending the narration.

In EoE, on the other hand, the viewer is "outside", in the real world, and is able to see the same giant robots fighting each other, people dying in heaps, giant vaginas opening, christian crosses popping all over the place, and all that glorious imagery, ignoring the symbolic and philosophic subtext following it around as being strictly secondary to the [over the top] visuals. Hardly an uncommon thing for anime nowadays, actually (although, to be fair, most of it became conventional thanks to EoE). In other words, if NGE's ending is "just confusing", EoE's is "first epic and then confusing", and is thus not as easily dismissed. That being said, EoE makes for an enormous feeling of satisfaction (well, catharsis would be a better term), and its the reason it fully deserves the 10 I gave it.

All of it is only an opinion, of course.

By the way, to be honest, I thought the movies were supposed to follow Sadamoto's original manga (which was only halfway done by the time Anno finished the TV series). But since they're introducing new Eva pilots already in the second movie it seems it won't be like either product at all. They've definitely become incomparable since the release of 2.0.

Yeah, i've heard that Eva 2.0 is almost completely different. I actually think that's cool, because then that would mean the viewer could treat the TV series and movie series as a seperate version of similar stories. It would also stop me from having to compare the two; which, honestly, hurt my enjoyment of this movie.

I would probably have enjoyed this movie more if I hadn't seen the TV series.

Oh, and EoE was freaking brilliant imo.

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 30, 2009 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
the series... EoE... anyone read that hentai-ish rebuild evangelion manga?

theyve all mindraped us in the past, cant yall just sit back and look at the purty colours
Oct 6, 2009 10:38 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed the movie....but honestly, I could do without the fanservice...not that fansevice is bad but I just don't really need it in this type of story. That last Angel battle was definitely epic.
Oct 10, 2009 8:48 AM

Jun 2009
Alberto said:
Terrific remake. Few things were new or change. If I was new to Neon Evangelion , I would probably gave this anime a 10 out of 10, but everything was so predictable and uninteresting.

If I was going to choose between the movie and the series. I would go with the movie. It is much better. Everything is accelerated and the quality is really good.
My score: 7/10.

I agree with the first paragraph and gave it 6/10, 'cause saw TV series only a year before rebuild. It just doesn't make almost any sense.
Oct 18, 2009 1:36 AM

Aug 2007
Yes I thought this remake was great. The added CG effects didn't look to out of place. great overall
Oct 18, 2009 2:02 AM

Jun 2009
BioMax said:
Alberto said:
Terrific remake. Few things were new or change. If I was new to Neon Evangelion , I would probably gave this anime a 10 out of 10, but everything was so predictable and uninteresting.

If I was going to choose between the movie and the series. I would go with the movie. It is much better. Everything is accelerated and the quality is really good.
My score: 7/10.

I agree with the first paragraph and gave it 6/10, 'cause saw TV series only a year before rebuild. It just doesn't make almost any sense.

That's the problem I have. The "acceleration" makes the story go by far to fast, which was never an issue with the tv series. The increased action may fool new people, but most fans of Eva know that the point is most definitely not the action scenes.

I'm sorry but i'll probably always recommend the tv series over this movie, it tells the story much better imo.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 23, 2009 1:42 PM

May 2009
Good movie. It's about the same as the original Evangelion. Never been a big fan. Shinji is one of the worst characters ever really, I hate him.
Oct 31, 2009 11:34 PM

Aug 2009
this remake was epic! the new animation was great and the music they added made the scenes so cool looking forward to the next
Nov 11, 2009 4:54 AM

Nov 2008
Just watched this movie and it sounded a little bit too déjà-vu. Quite a let down, I thought they would take their own direction till the beginning.. And some parts were too rush...
Anyway the animation and the OST were really awesome. I really loved all the fights and the animation gave a really dark and mature atmosphere to the movie. And the choir gave a true apocalyptic feeling especially in the fights.

Apparently Shinji was more courageous and self confident in the last part than he was in the series.

9/10
HooHiraiBunnyNov 11, 2009 5:05 AM
Nov 25, 2009 8:03 PM

Apr 2009
good movie,,I hope that they don't mess at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2009 9:05 AM

Sep 2009
I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good movie and I am impatient for the second movie comes out.
Dec 1, 2009 1:36 PM

Feb 2009
I just watched it myself. For someone who's been wanting to watch the show forever I can say from the movie alone that the series lives up to its fame. Definitely buying the DVD when I get a chance to.
Dec 5, 2009 8:17 PM
Sep 2009
never watched the series, didn't really care for anime until recently. Tried the movie. I liked it. Now I have to wait an eternity for the rest of the movies to come out lol

did the original series have such retarded fanservice? I hate shows that act serious and then fill up some screen time with blatant fanservice. It seems to be just a movie thing.
Jan 11, 2010 10:18 PM

Apr 2008
Very good movie worth to watch it for evangelion fans only . Shows quarter of the last season
Jan 12, 2010 1:38 PM
Aug 2008
I got the 1.01 DVD not too long ago and I must say... it's a fantastic movie! FUNimation did a great job on dubbing this although I'm a bit iffy with them releasing the 1.01 version of the film.

The 1.01 DVD has horrible darkness issues, up to the point where night scenes are hard to watch and it overall made the movie look weird. Before you guys put the blame on FUNimation, it is not their fault that the issues were bad. It was a flaw in the original Japanese template. However, FUNimation was wrong for buying the rights to Eva 1.01 and releasing it anyway. The 1.11 version (coming out on Blu-ray on DVD) is being released by them on March 9th anyways so what's the use?

For dedicated fans, I would recommend Eva 1.01 for now until Eva 1.11 comes out. As for you people who can wait patiently, skip it. ^^
Jan 12, 2010 1:59 PM
Aug 2008
xNovice said:
never watched the series, didn't really care for anime until recently. Tried the movie. I liked it. Now I have to wait an eternity for the rest of the movies to come out lol

did the original series have such retarded fanservice? I hate shows that act serious and then fill up some screen time with blatant fanservice. It seems to be just a movie thing.

There are little to no signs of fanservice in the original series. I don't think there's even any at all but during those times, fanboys were obsessive over the female characters and they started taking things out of proportion. That's why we have Rei Ayanami figures and stuff like that.

In fact, Hideaki Anno (the madman behind Evangelion) was so upset that fanboys (and fangirls) loved the series for the wrong reasons. He wanted the series to relate to the audience and he wanted to make a series that was (and is) highly entertaining. He left the anime business after that because he was so disgusted (and I'll tell you now... the fanboys have been increasing over time and things are just worse at the moment). >_<
Jan 31, 2010 9:58 PM

Dec 2009
Neon Genesis Evangelion... another name for the best anime ever created... When I watched the movie, I was completely amazed by how the new Ramiel was made, super complex and amazing! I am waiting for Friday to watch the 2nd part, to be double amazed! :D

(Guess who's not going to sleep today? Yeah! Me! After watching this movie! xD)

"Perseverance is the mother of all victories."
Mar 19, 2010 1:11 PM

Feb 2008
I've never seen the tv series, but i really liked the movie, shinji cries and complains a lot, but then i wondered what I would do if i was in his position at that age. We all would of probably been the same as shinji. Driving an eva about a half an hour after you first get to the damn place, and then then you find out that your father who abandoned you has a better relationship with a girl you don't even know. i can definitely see how ones mental state of mind begins to crack under such severe conditions
Mar 29, 2010 10:36 AM

Oct 2008
I saw the original series about 10 years ago and now I rebuild this master piece in 1080p with 6.1 sound...

AMAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!!!!

10/10
Apr 26, 2010 11:48 PM

Apr 2009
Good remake. But I don't like some scenes which take place in the shadow. I barely see anything in those scenes except voice. Anyway, it's enjoyable to watch it again. I will look forward to 2.0.

May 11, 2010 12:37 AM

Jul 2009
I didn't like the original, a lot of it because of the characters and a lot because of the second half.

They really cut out a lot of the bullshitting from the characters and this was only the first part of the story. Good movie

8/10.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The last scene in Evangelion 1.0 is one of the best in all of anime

CickNipolla - Oct 12, 2022

10 by El_Professor07 »»
Oct 18, 2022 7:49 AM

» Can I skip this?

jonnn9 - Aug 15, 2022

30 by Jayby »»
Aug 22, 2022 9:36 PM

» Am I the only one who was annoyed by the CGI?

Flugzeug - Jul 30, 2022

15 by Worm_Death »»
Jul 31, 2022 4:31 PM

» Gendou's Parenting Skills

KelpRings - Jul 27, 2022

0 by KelpRings »»
Jul 27, 2022 4:11 PM

» Should I drop the original and watch this instead?

Igreja - Jul 24, 2022

37 by TombER0N »»
Jul 27, 2022 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.