Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 6, 2022 4:38 PM

Jan 2022
I'm going to post this out on the regular boards too, but figured I'd post it here within the club since we're all old school or lovers of old school anime. As regards to MACROSS I.P. and just now (Finally) getting to see MACROSS 7 and I came across something that made me go "Hmm..."

Okay. When the 1984 movie came out of D.Y.R.L. it was basically a motion picture condensed version of the TV series. Only later did Studio Nue and Kawamori state that the movie is actually a movie within the Macross universe created by the characters. The thing I find odd is, ever since the movie ALL depictions of the Zentraedi look like the movie version (including the Meltrandi), up to and including that it makes no sense that Exedore looks just like his movie version in MACROSS 7??? If that were just a movie and the TV version is what really happened, then Exedore should look the same as his TV version which was completely different. When his head appears right next to Captain Max on the bridge of the MACROSS 7 in the show MACROSS 7 it's the movie version???

Also in MACROSS 7 I find it odd that music from MACROSS II is in the show but that was later ret conned as being in an alternate timeline, which brings us to Max & Millia's first daughter Comiriya Maria Jenius in the MACROSS 2036 PC Engine video game that's 24 years after the TV/Movie version, but 80 something years prior to the events in MACROSS 2 and actually is within that alternate timeline once that ret con was initiated due to MACROSS PLUS being made, and yet the VF-11 Thunderbolts in fighter mode look a tad like the VF-2 in MACROSS 2.

Just wondering what some of ya'lls thoughts are on this?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Secret of Cerulean Sand (2002) ( 1 2 )

whiteflame55 - Apr 26

59 by whiteflame55 »»
50 minutes ago

Sticky: » Discuss the Series You Just Finished ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Jul 27, 2009

2906 by 23feanor »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » New Member Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Oct 3, 2009

835 by whiteflame55 »»
May 6, 6:12 PM

» Kobato (2009) - April 2024 Group Watch ( 1 2 )

23feanor - Apr 2

54 by filifjonkan »»
May 6, 7:49 AM

» Anime with adult main characters

zubby - Nov 30, 2023

6 by MeganeOverlord »»
Apr 25, 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.