Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 30, 2022 6:39 AM

Sep 2011
I love this anime because it is so cheerful and there is no drama at all lol
Jan 30, 2022 7:04 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I say this might be my favorite episode so far, the first half focusing on Tanigawa’s photography was nice, so many nice shots of Akebi, even though they weren’t what Tanigawa wanted exactly. The 2nd half was especially great tho, those dorms look so cozy, I love the look of it down to the wood lol. I also loved the amount of Usagihara we got here, she has great cooking skills and has made a lot of friends in her dorm, and we also got a lot of great Akebi moments, I didn’t expect the burp honestly, she really showed Usagihara she isn’t the perfect girl she thought she was (although I’m sure you could argue this makes her more perfect lol). And Tanigawa got the pictures she wanted in the end, she’s starting to grow on me a lot, and nice we got to see some of the photos at the end.

I’m super enjoying the SoL goodness here, such a good show. And that jumprope ED was amazing too, I didn’t expect a new ED but I loved the song and of course the visuals there were stellar, I’m wondering if it’s gonna stay as the ED or not.
Jan 30, 2022 8:04 AM

Dec 2018
Awwwww the romance between Kei and her future wife Akebi gets stronger for every episode♥♥♥ Holding hands blushing and flirting like crazy. My little lesbians are in love,,,,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Touko has a little wife of her own, A Neko girlfriend. That was very sleepy and so adorable♥♥

CW I didn't expect this to turn into a lesbian romance!! But I am glad we are going down that road. I really hope Kei and her Akebi will kiss before this anime ends,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Jan 30, 2022 12:19 PM
Nov 2011
A lot of shows that are going to revolve around Club activities rushed through the Club selection peace like it's a foregone conclusion. I liked how both with the photographs, and with the visiting, that you got to see the character of some of the other girls, whose names I still don't quite have down.

And I liked that it eventually led to what seems like the most obvious, why didn't we think of it before, choice of club for the main character. Now whether it pans out or not or gets relegated to side part of the story remains to be seen.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 30, 2022 12:37 PM

Jul 2019
The subtle undertone between character interactions are cool to see!

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jan 30, 2022 12:39 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, I almost raged when I saw Akebi using a metal spatula on a non-stick frying pan D:

Overall, it was another pretty good episode but I gotta laugh at the author channeling his inner fetishist-self into Tanigawa's photographs. I mean, they were all fantastic photos but it was so obvious.
Jan 30, 2022 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
cute episode though i still had to play feet bingo because i feel like thats just a thing thats always gonna pop up one way or another lol..

i still find some of the char designs kinda derpy but seeing that lovely ED which just felt like a big animation flex even with it being small loops they were quite complex movements
the art used in it is much more in tuned to what i wish they looked like
Jan 31, 2022 4:43 AM
Aug 2020
rz21c97 said:
It seems that some chapters of the manga were skipped.

But overall I liked the episode c:
It's a slice of life anime, they could re-arrange the order of some chapters like some other shows do occasionally.
Jan 31, 2022 12:13 PM

Feb 2009
BetaMaleUltra said:
yeah..... gentlemen and fellow feet-connoisseurs, I'm going to be dropping it here.

The pretty animation isn't enough to save it from the CGDCT moe blob-type of show that I'm not exactly a fan of. Heck when she did that little laugh after taking off her stockings, I got K-ON vietnam war flashbacks. If you love your cute girls doing cute things, this show will continue to be excellent for you as it also comes with rather stellar animation. It's just not for me. If this had a story behind it then I would've definitely stayed on it; but it seems its only purpose is to look pretty and to give us a compilation cute girl moments. I will be missing the feet though. Those were some good feet.

Or maybe it's because dress up darling also airs here on Saturdays. If I watch THIS after that, it's just so much of a lower-tiered show compared to dress up darling for me that I can't enjoy it. If I watch this BEFOREhand, I'm not really paying attention because I'm thinking about watching dress up darling lol

Whatever, no big deal. It's not bad, just not for me. I hope that you all continue to enjoy this. Definitely props to clover works for making yet another beautiful-looking anime.

this is really funny because I was just having to defend myself on the last episode discussion because someone kept disagreeing with me that this show uses feet in a fetishism way, so seeing this comment just reinforces my opinion. i agree with you that it is alot of just nothing but cute girl cg shots, yuri bait, and feet, but i heard the manga is much better and although i'm not a fan of the oversexualization of these girls in this (moaning sounds in camera frames while exercising, extended shots of legs and feet, half-lidded sex face photo cgs, etc) i dunno if you should drop it yet! from what i'm reading the anime is skipping alot to get right to some conflict in the next episode or so??

Jan 31, 2022 1:38 PM
Nov 2019
DarcyD said:
BetaMaleUltra said:
yeah..... gentlemen and fellow feet-connoisseurs, I'm going to be dropping it here.

The pretty animation isn't enough to save it from the CGDCT moe blob-type of show that I'm not exactly a fan of. Heck when she did that little laugh after taking off her stockings, I got K-ON vietnam war flashbacks. If you love your cute girls doing cute things, this show will continue to be excellent for you as it also comes with rather stellar animation. It's just not for me. If this had a story behind it then I would've definitely stayed on it; but it seems its only purpose is to look pretty and to give us a compilation cute girl moments. I will be missing the feet though. Those were some good feet.

Or maybe it's because dress up darling also airs here on Saturdays. If I watch THIS after that, it's just so much of a lower-tiered show compared to dress up darling for me that I can't enjoy it. If I watch this BEFOREhand, I'm not really paying attention because I'm thinking about watching dress up darling lol

Whatever, no big deal. It's not bad, just not for me. I hope that you all continue to enjoy this. Definitely props to clover works for making yet another beautiful-looking anime.

this is really funny because I was just having to defend myself on the last episode discussion because someone kept disagreeing with me that this show uses feet in a fetishism way, so seeing this comment just reinforces my opinion. i agree with you that it is alot of just nothing but cute girl cg shots, yuri bait, and feet, but i heard the manga is much better and although i'm not a fan of the oversexualization of these girls in this (moaning sounds in camera frames while exercising, extended shots of legs and feet, half-lidded sex face photo cgs, etc) i dunno if you should drop it yet! from what i'm reading the anime is skipping alot to get right to some conflict in the next episode or so??
I doubt any of the content is going to get skipped.
Manga reader here and the people that mentioned few chapters were skipped is going to be adapted in the next episode as a whole.
Chapter 8 (I guess) was skipped in this episode coz it was a akebi and Erika chapter which ties into next chapter 12 or whatever this episode was adapted from.
I doubt the backstories of characters like Erika and many others is going to get adapted this season but if this show gets a season 2 which I doubt it will then all I can say is season 2 will be a masterpiece coz the art gets even better plus more akebi and her family content
Jan 31, 2022 4:06 PM

Jun 2019
The only problem with series like this is that the pace is so delightfully slow, natural, and comfortable that it could easily go on to fill out hundreds of episodes and you wish it would, but no, it will only have 12 and perhaps only one season rather than just go on indefinitely like it easily feels like it could if the material was there to support it (and I guess the market for it). You could watch 300 episodes of this over the course of years and nothing too much of note in particular even necessarily has to happen, but it will probably be stuck at 12 episodes for years or abandoned.

Syureria said:
No matter how many times, I feel the setting of this place is similar to Hinamizawa, lol.

Wtf?

Explain yourself, sir! Because it's rural?

Coxphire said:
Most of them have black hair, like the real Japanese

Another welcome Super Cub tie-in.

Aoiron said:
Does anybody know the girls' age range? 15-17 you think?

No, that would be high school age (which grades and general ages correspond to which school is different in every country and even sometimes within different areas of the same country, but in Japan and many other places, 15 - 17 years-old is pretty universally high school age).

They are in middle school/junior high school. My middle school included 5th grade - 8th grade and I was 10 years-old when starting and 14 when leaving. But many middle schools, including some/most/all in Japan (not certain on this point of which percentage) are just two grades of 7th and 8th grade, because the 5th and 6th grades are handled in elementary school.

So probably 12 - 14 for most of the main characters and all other girls in the school both.
WatchTillTandavaJan 31, 2022 4:18 PM
Feb 2, 2022 10:40 AM
Mar 2015
Pictures do not lie Akebihan
Feb 3, 2022 11:12 AM
May 2016
Great episode and the ED was great too.
Feb 5, 2022 6:34 AM

Mar 2010
I just can't stop watching. Everything is just perfect.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 6, 2022 6:44 AM

Sep 2018
An exquisitely Slice of Life episode in the narrative, the naturalness of what happens during the narrative is so truthful that it seems almost plausible what happens and not a fiction. Then what about the beautiful environments, the dialogues and the expressions of the characters, wonderful! How I love this anime, I want more!
Feb 12, 2022 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
Interactions between the girls this episode was really fun. Glad to see so many different sides of them. They were all adorable. Also Akebi looked beautiful in that white one piece.
Feb 23, 2022 8:14 AM

May 2015
That burp killed me :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 3, 2022 2:30 AM

Mar 2013
Now I can say for sure. This series up to this point is full of pure and heartwarming friendship!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Jul 2015
Tanigawa is really into photography ...for the better or for the worse

If Akebi at some point becomes an actual idol, Tanigawa should definitely sell some pictures from her growing collection to make some fortune.

Mar 11, 2023 3:42 AM
Nov 2021
It is just gorgeous, and these girls feel so real, like real girl, not some psychopathy girls you see in other animes
Jul 18, 2023 12:40 AM

Nov 2022
This episode didn't have as many impact shots as the first 3 episodes, but was still on par with them, as it used its simplicity so well and made it so enjoyable.
Gave us a true slice of life feel.
Feb 15, 2:39 PM
Dec 2022
Akebi looked so cute in that Dress <3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

98 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

151 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

241 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

149 by kixann »»
Apr 26, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

75 by kixann »»
Apr 24, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.