Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2022 4:12 PM
Nov 2021
I had angel beats on my plan to watch list for quite some time and finally decided to give it a watch and complete it. But before I did I noticed alot on the internet people were hating on it and also calling it sad which gave my second thoughts but I still went ahead.
But I guess all that was for nothing. I really enjoyed it and didn't find it to be that sad as people say ( I still thought it was sad btw ) . It wasn't a masterpiece but It was still really good. I get that some people might not like it maybe not their cup of tea and the show has its highs and lows.
But again. Why do alot of people hate this?
Jan 28, 2022 4:23 PM
Mar 2021
Do a lot of people hate it? It has a pretty good score, so you'd think it's pretty well liked.
Jan 28, 2022 4:33 PM
Aug 2020
SawsyMikey said:
I had angel beats on my plan to watch list for quite some time and finally decided to give it a watch and complete it. But before I did I noticed alot on the internet people were hating on it and also calling it sad which gave my second thoughts but I still went ahead.
But I guess all that was for nothing. I really enjoyed it and didn't find it to be that sad as people say ( I still thought it was sad btw ) . It wasn't a masterpiece but It was still really good. I get that some people might not like it maybe not their cup of tea and the show has its highs and lows.
you sure you're not mistaking it for charlotte the other Maeda Jun anime
Jan 28, 2022 4:37 PM

Feb 2020
FireBug2005 said:
SawsyMikey said:

I'm thinking the same thing. I guess he is
Jan 28, 2022 4:38 PM

Jul 2021
I barely saw anyone hate this, many critic reviewers on this site really like Angel Beats. It still had a lot of problems tho.

> 12 episodes is not enough to flesh out every character
> Plothole
> Wild tone-shifting
> Weird Comedy

It's understandable if it's hated.
Jan 28, 2022 4:56 PM
Nov 2021
FireBug2005 said:
SawsyMikey said:

Thing is charlotte was much better lol
Jan 28, 2022 4:59 PM
Aug 2020
SawsyMikey said:
FireBug2005 said:

Thing is charlotte was better lol
really I hated the last 5 episodes it completely ruined the show for me
Jan 28, 2022 5:00 PM

Mar 2021
Cause it's shit (period)
Jan 28, 2022 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
Potatoboy11 said:
Cause it's shit (period)

Please don’t confirm these type of shitty threads and just ignore them. It’s just baiting.

Anyone has their opinions and puberty riddled teens blasting out their takes without decent criticism doesn’t help.
Jan 28, 2022 5:37 PM
Nov 2021
Just because people call it sad doesn't mean they hate it 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
Jan 28, 2022 6:09 PM

Aug 2017
because this contains melodrama
Jan 28, 2022 6:30 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016

Charlotte is an interesting one, the depression arc is quite possibly the best thing Jun Meade has ever penned (and I love his parts of Kanon), except then he/they go and retcon it, reversing all Charlotte's development and damaging the plot fundamentally.

It is still over all pretty damn good and both it and angel beats are objectively well produced to the point that they easily match anything today - On production alone both shows should score highly by any reasonable persons standards😊👍.

-Elevate- said:
because this contains melodrama

It contains regular drama not Melo drama, sure some events are fantastical but they operate by a system and any over the top stuff is played as comedy - So it hardly qualifys for melodrama status😅
Jan 28, 2022 8:28 PM
Apr 2021
I don't think so..that's the case . It's good.
Jan 28, 2022 8:31 PM

Jan 2021
Wait... Since when sad = bad became a norm?
People consider it 'sad' but not bad. Atleast not for this reason.

Also, it is one of the most popular anime on MAL. Getting hate was inevitable.
Jan 28, 2022 9:51 PM
Mar 2016
How? Because I love it so much
Jan 28, 2022 9:57 PM
Jan 2021
I think it’s pretty good. But I think people get bored with the SoL aspects of it. Or because it doesn’t have constant action
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jan 28, 2022 10:37 PM

Jan 2021
kriissyy12 said:
Do a lot of people hate it? It has a pretty good score, so you'd think it's pretty well liked.

I’m here thinking the exact same thing
MALoween✟Mansion 2023 Candies:

Jan 28, 2022 10:57 PM
Feb 2021
Can’t say I hate it but it’s such wasted potential and without its flaws would be an ez 10/10 for me. Needed 24 episodes
Jan 28, 2022 11:07 PM
Jan 2013
SawsyMikey said:
It's not hated and it's actually pretty well received. The issue is that it has some pretty big problems. The biggest one being that it's not long enough to actually tell the story it wants to tell. Also, there's a lot of plot holes but that kinda goes back to the not long enough thing and if we're being completely honest, the ending is cheesy asf. That's probably why people would hate it but it's not a series you'd call hated
Jan 28, 2022 11:42 PM

Jul 2017
I've always thought this series was well received lol

I remember my main issue being the huge cast and lack of time spent on them. I simply could not care for them at all. Could hardly remember names. Some just go as quickly as they appear and it's all somehow supposed to be a sentimental experience lol.

Jan 29, 2022 3:57 AM

Apr 2020
SawsyMikey said:

I used to see people say they dislike/hate the show but nowdays not so much anymore, honestly this much hate normal if compared to other series, I think it's normal and you are to focused on that comments

Surprise surprise, every popular show have haters, even the top 10 of the list. The more popular the show is the more people watch it and inevitably some of them just dislike the show and actively outspoken about it, and many more who doesn't.
Don't take it personal, even I liked this show as a young adult(like you), but if I were to watch this as an adult I may find this boring because I have different mindset and you cannot fault that because it's natural.
Even thats not the case for everyone, because It's not for "some reason" like you though, even the haters have different reason why they hate something, and they could even like different thing from show they hate.
AlienwatchanimeJan 29, 2022 4:09 AM
Jan 29, 2022 6:22 AM

May 2020
Angel Beats is almost a masterpiece. 100% the saddest show you'll see (worse than Clannad: After Story).
Jan 29, 2022 7:40 AM
Feb 2021
SawsyMikey said:

Forced sadness
Cringe plot

People spam voted ratings because it's SADDDDD XD there is nothing more to it zero plot
Jan 29, 2022 8:15 AM
Jan 2018
12 episodes wasnt enough. It felt a bit rushed. That being said I adore this show. It was one of my earlier anime so maybe my score is too high.

Others dont like it because of people like me. Early anime watchers tend to absolutely love whatever they watch and overrate it (remember SAO and death note?)
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jan 29, 2022 12:46 PM
Jan 2015
I watched both Charlotte and Angel Beats and I liked both. Both made me very emotional in the sense that, with angel beats he was for the most part being left alone after finding true attachments, and Charlotte because of the amount of sacrifice he went through to make the world safe for everyone. I personally think that those who have negative things about it, it shouldn’t matter if they liked it or not. Just means it wasn’t for them. There are thousands if not millions of anime to watch and find as your personal favorite and hanging up on just one anime is sad in itself.
Jan 29, 2022 1:14 PM

Aug 2021
Angel beats works with metaphors all the time. It doesn’t explain everything so you have to interpret those metaphors by yourself. Many people want a story that’s explained thoroughly so I can see when people get turned off by it
Jan 29, 2022 2:35 PM
Jun 2020
Cuz of the second alt ending and people don't like to cry
Jan 29, 2022 6:51 PM
Sep 2020
TF who hates it ? It was a good show I enjoyed it a lot
May be coz of the ending ppl hate it don't know!
Jan 29, 2022 9:21 PM
Sep 2020
I really love this show and hate at the same time for various reasons. It kinda hard to explain.
Jan 30, 2022 1:19 AM
Jun 2021
I had fun watching this Anime and nothing to hate that is all that matter‘s to me
Jan 30, 2022 12:21 PM
Nov 2011
The one real complaint that I that I have sensed that I think has Merit is there seems to be somewhat of a conflicting tone between how it starts, how it progresses, how it seems to solve problems and you wonder why you need more episodes and then it gets back to being dark again but only for a brief point before ending in the biggest tearjerker of any anime I've ever watched in my life.

However I would compare it a little bit too little Busters which came later
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jan 30, 2022 11:48 PM
May 2020
Aronics said:
I barely saw anyone hate this, many critic reviewers on this site really like Angel Beats. It still had a lot of problems tho.

> 12 episodes is not enough to flesh out every character
> Plothole
> Wild tone-shifting
> Weird Comedy

It's understandable if it's hated.

Yeah this is probs why people hate it, I've never come across anyone like that though :/
Jan 31, 2022 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
SawsyMikey said:

Angel Beats being hated? Absurd.
When this was being aired until the end, this was one of the trending anime.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 31, 2022 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
I always get baffled when I see threads like this. Doesn't everyone have their own opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 31, 2022 3:58 PM

Jun 2019
I didn't hate it, but I definitely didn't think it was a masterpiece, so I'll weigh in. I think the school life portions of the show weren't super well executed, and I felt like the show didn't attach me enough to the characters to "earn" the emotional climax at the end.

The plot hole doesn't bug me a ton, but it also chips away a bit at the emotional impact of the ending as well.

This is all super subjective, obviously, so I can totally see how one might really enjoy this show.
_ChaoticNeutral_Jan 31, 2022 4:03 PM
Feb 1, 2022 1:08 AM
Jan 2022
The ending is so unsatisfying. It's a open end but not that good idk.
Feb 1, 2022 1:10 AM

Nov 2021
The beginning of the show is good then the middle part of it kinda fell down alittle then the ending is just a massive tearjerker tho the story of it is decent

"But with a twist ending like this,
I think we can all agree this ended up
being a very interesting mystery
"

-Poison -劇薬-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻
01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 05:34
Feb 1, 2022 11:36 AM
Jan 2021
I personally didn't enjoy it because they picked the characters I was least interested in and made them the main focus and didn't really explore anyone else like T.K for example. I wanted to know about the other characters way more than the main ones.
Feb 1, 2022 11:39 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
people hate Angel Beats possibly because of the rush (goddamnit Aniplex!!) and because they prefer shit like AnoHana for some baffling reason

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.