Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2022 11:15 PM
Nov 2017
Please for the love of god, play the game first before watching this or don't even watch this movie at all. FGO adaptations are made in assumption that you already played the game and was made for fanservice purpose only.

I hate how people are complaining about how the movie doesn't make sense or doesn't know what the hell is happening, well duh of course you don't, you haven't played the game. You missed the context that was given in the first 6 arcs. It's just like you watch the final season of a series without watching the previous seasons.
Jan 22, 2022 11:45 PM
Apr 2020
So that’s just not true. You can happily watch the anime series Fate Grand Order; movies, OVAs, and the anime run, and perfectly understand what is going on. People don’t need to play the game. You should watch the series to get what is going on.
Jan 23, 2022 1:07 AM
Dec 2020
Well the dont have context is true for the Solomon arc,not the rest of the Singularities

I watched Babylonia before playing FGO and was a story skipper when watch Camelot 1 and have no prob understand things due to most Singularities dont have a strict connection with one and another as the Lostbelt

Solomon is different,it based on the story of previous Singularities and offscreen event to build up sence so watching it with zero context wouldnt make sense,its like watching the Avenger make the 2nd infinity gauntlet and then fight Thanos with no context

Also i hate people compair FGO to Fate/Zero in the reviews,they are not the same they dont even have the same writter of-fucking-course they gonna be diffrent
Jan 23, 2022 1:10 AM
Dec 2020
kingginger95 said:
So that’s just not true. You can happily watch the anime series Fate Grand Order; movies, OVAs, and the anime run, and perfectly understand what is going on. People don’t need to play the game. You should watch the series to get what is going on.

90% of what is shown in the Solomon movie can only apreciated by FGO player and those who havent play it will only sees it as pointless exposition or nameless npc doing stealing the spotlight etc
Jan 23, 2022 1:13 AM

Mar 2016
this doesn't really apply when u have first order, camelot, and babylonia anime to give context. the utter assload of servants from singularities 1-5 are a bit much but it doesn't really get in the way of the main plot.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 23, 2022 3:33 AM
Jul 2019
What is the difference between this and other FGO anime, isn't this just another Master and servant travel to a place in time to save humanity, don't get me wrong, the anime is amazing and I love it but what is so confusing about the plot, it's not heavily related to other part so you COULD watch this and still understand what is going on, of course if someone is new to the Fate series then this is definitely not a place to start, but if you have watched some other Fate anime then the plot is completely understandable
Jan 23, 2022 4:24 AM
Oct 2021
You don't need to play the game to enjoy the anime, sure it will enhance the experience but it is not mandatory. Not everybody has the time or interest to play a 200 hour mobile gacha game with lots of grinding.
Jan 23, 2022 4:45 AM
Nov 2017
zapgator said:
You don't need to play the game to enjoy the anime, sure it will enhance the experience but it is not mandatory. Not everybody has the time or interest to play a 200 hour mobile gacha game with lots of grinding.

If you aren't committed enough to play the game then just don't watch FGO, because it would just be an underwhelming experience.
Jan 23, 2022 4:46 AM
Nov 2017
TheUnkovvn said:
What is the difference between this and other FGO anime, isn't this just another Master and servant travel to a place in time to save humanity, don't get me wrong, the anime is amazing and I love it but what is so confusing about the plot, it's not heavily related to other part so you COULD watch this and still understand what is going on, of course if someone is new to the Fate series then this is definitely not a place to start, but if you have watched some other Fate anime then the plot is completely understandable

The fact that you dumb it down into Master and servant and travel to a place in time to save humanity already shows that just by watching the adaptations won't give you the same experience as playing the game.
Jan 23, 2022 4:55 AM
Nov 2017
Aure0lin said:
this doesn't really apply when u have first order, camelot, and babylonia anime to give context. the utter assload of servants from singularities 1-5 are a bit much but it doesn't really get in the way of the main plot.

The thing is, if you want to just understand the main plot, then just read wiki or something rather than watching it. Without playing the game, you won't feel the journey that the characters went through, especially since Ritsuka is literally a self-insert MC. Watching the anime would just give you an underwhelming experience and even would straight up waste your time. It was shown in this movie's discussion that some people hate this movie because they don't understand the shit thats happening in the movie and didn't feel the hype because they skipped through the journey. The first 5 singularity might not have a big importance to the main plot, but it does wonder to Mash's characters. The growth of Mash's character from having machine like thoughts to finally understood about being human. Even in Mash's final moments, it was Drake's words that she remembers. It's not about the destination, but its about the journey.
Jan 23, 2022 2:25 PM

Mar 2016
KaizukaZekrom said:
Aure0lin said:

The thing is, if you want to just understand the main plot, then just read wiki or something rather than watching it. Without playing the game, you won't feel the journey that the characters went through, especially since Ritsuka is literally a self-insert MC. Watching the anime would just give you an underwhelming experience and even would straight up waste your time. It was shown in this movie's discussion that some people hate this movie because they don't understand the shit thats happening in the movie and didn't feel the hype because they skipped through the journey. The first 5 singularity might not have a big importance to the main plot, but it does wonder to Mash's characters. The growth of Mash's character from having machine like thoughts to finally understood about being human. Even in Mash's final moments, it was Drake's words that she remembers. It's not about the destination, but its about the journey.

some people aren't going to be satisfied by the wiki, but they also may not want or be able to spend the time playing the game. The current average play time for fgo sits at around 160 hours just for the main story. im not sure how much of that is lostbelt and epic of remnant playtime but even if u only assume a quarter of that is part 1 you still have 40 hours of playing that is contrasted with ~14 hours of watching all the anime content currently out.

KaizukaZekrom said:
zapgator said:

If you aren't committed enough to play the game then just don't watch FGO, because it would just be an underwhelming experience.
unless you like having fewer people to discuss something you enjoy it's usually better to present alternatives so more people can get into that thing you like. the anime adaptations also arent really failures so there's no reason to default to the game as the only way to experience the story
Aure0linJan 23, 2022 4:59 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jan 24, 2022 12:14 AM
Feb 2016
KaizukaZekrom said:
Please for the love of god, play the game first before watching this or don't even watch this movie at all. FGO adaptations are made in assumption that you already played the game and was made for fanservice purpose only.

I hate how people are complaining about how the movie doesn't make sense or doesn't know what the hell is happening, well duh of course you don't, you haven't played the game. You missed the context that was given in the first 6 arcs. It's just like you watch the final season of a series without watching the previous seasons.

Dude, you can understand the movie by reading something in the wiki or just seeing the prequel anime. There's no need to play a gacha game that will take like forever to get to the movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2022 6:07 AM
Nov 2017
If you aren't committed enough to play the game then just don't watch FGO, because it would just be an underwhelming experience.[/quote]unless you like having fewer people to discuss something you enjoy it's usually better to present alternatives so more people can get into that thing you like. the anime adaptations also arent really failures so there's no reason to default to the game as the only way to experience the story[/quote]

The fact that most people that actually appreciate the movie are the FGO fans who already finished all of it already saying something. Just look at the discussion board, it's full of people who have never played the game call the movie bad or mediocre.

This is just my personal opinion, but i'd rather have people love the series that i love instead of them hating on it due to an adaptation that isn't welcoming for newcomers who haven't played the game.
Jan 24, 2022 6:13 AM
Nov 2017
LuckoBj said:
KaizukaZekrom said:

Dude, you can understand the movie by reading something in the wiki or just seeing the prequel anime. There's no need to play a gacha game that will take like forever to get to the movie.

The fact that you have to read something in the wiki already shows that watching the movie is not a good choice for people who haven't played the game. If you don't have the time to play the game, then just don't, there are tons of anime that you could enjoy rather than wasting your time watching an underwhelming movie.
Jan 24, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2015
LuckoBj said:

Terrible opinion. It's like telling someone to read Sparknotes to understand a book. You're inadvertently butchering a watch experience by deciding to abridge it via the wiki. That works for some people but not in general. Solomon compared to any other Fate adaptation is especially reliant on game knowledge. You're not at all invested in the story if all you do is read the wiki or watch the anime.

Jan 24, 2022 12:01 PM
Dec 2020
KaizukaZekrom said:

lol demon, you won't tempt me into playing that game!😂
Jan 24, 2022 2:32 PM
Jul 2015
It's mostly an action filled anime, so I think most people can get quite some enjoyment out of it, since that was done really well.
More so if they've watched the other FGO anime.

Still, I do half agree. A lot of the moments might not mean anything to viewers who've not played the game, be it logically or emotionally. Although some parts of the 'logic' relies on half-ish deus ex machinas anyway, for other parts, since it's logically, you can read the wiki to get that part down.
Emotionally is the main thing for me, since it's just mostly unknown characters taking the spotlight.

I just wish the other singularities got adapted, in proper order, before this. Even as someone who plays the game, it would've made it a better viewing experience, since the game is not something easily replayed. During the Camelot films, I was pretty surprised how much I'd forgotten (which was made more apparent due to the amount of shit they skipped in those movies).

Still, I do think most people still can get quite some enjoyment out of it, especially if they've watched the previous FGO anime. It's also a tall order to 'just play the game' before watching this, considering what a time sink the game can be.
JakkoFourEyesJan 24, 2022 2:39 PM
Jan 24, 2022 3:10 PM

Oct 2018
Actually not, I've enjoyed just by the babylonia Camelot and ovas
Jan 24, 2022 3:14 PM

Jan 2009
dont worry i still enjoyed the Fate Grand Order anime releases so far

i do not care much about the complete details just good enough details like what the plot or story is about is good enough plus the usual rule of cool scenes
Jan 30, 2022 2:38 AM
Nov 2017
AniPhoenix said:
KaizukaZekrom said:

It's fine if you don't wanna play the game, just don't watch the movie if you haven't played the game. If you still want to watch it, then prepare to be dissapointed
Jan 30, 2022 2:39 AM
Nov 2017
deg said:
dont worry i still enjoyed the Fate Grand Order anime releases so far

i do not care much about the complete details just good enough details like what the plot or story is about is good enough plus the usual rule of cool scenes

Good for you, but the movie discussion proves that wasn't the case for most people.
Jan 30, 2022 2:40 AM

Aug 2018
opps i guess. watched it already.
Jan 30, 2022 2:42 AM

Mar 2015
First 6 chapters are shit though, why waste your time reading through them.
Jan 30, 2022 4:01 AM
Nov 2017
Mirai said:
First 6 chapters are shit though, why waste your time reading through them.

Doesn't mean you can just skip through it lol.
Jan 31, 2022 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
True! People shouldn't spoil themselves a good experience by not playing probably the best gacha game with the best story out there.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 9, 2022 11:03 AM

Mar 2021
I watched all of the fate animes before then, and I understood this anime just fine. I don't get why Fate and especially FGO fans pretend like fate animes don't exist. Movie producers obviously make animes easier for audiences not dedicated to the game otherwise they go bankrupt. This is some next level gatekeeping
icefirestone23Mar 9, 2022 11:32 AM
Mar 27, 2022 12:03 AM
May 2019
Let's not try to gatekeep okay? Your love for the series is a wonderful thing but it's a step in the wrong direction to tell others how they should consume this media. let's enjoy things for ourselves and let others view it in their own ways. There are always going to be people who respond differently so let's do our best to understand and coexist alongside their perspectives.
Apr 3, 2022 5:39 PM
Nov 2020
Don't watch it nor play it at all. This story and its characters are peak garbage.
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Apr 25, 2022 6:55 AM
Dec 2020
Hey uh... so I started
KaizukaZekrom said:
AniPhoenix said:

It's fine if you don't wanna play the game, just don't watch the movie if you haven't played the game. If you still want to watch it, then prepare to be dissapointed
Hey so uh... I just started playing the game.. it's really good
May 7, 2022 8:23 PM
Nov 2021
KaizukaZekrom said:

I didnt play the game and perfectly understood what was going on lmao people just need to use more brain power
May 8, 2022 3:50 PM

Aug 2017
Fgo animations are clearly not made for anime-only people, that's for sure, the worst part is that they will watch the animations anyway, don't understand a thing about that and then they will give bad reviews because "i lacked context".
And tbf, that's just lame of them, the first Fgo chapters are so short compared to the new ones, and you can even read resumes about them online, it's sad because Solomon is such a great adaptation, way better than other Fate movies in that regard, but well, the site is filled with these kinds of people, so i can't do anything about that
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Jun 5, 2022 4:56 PM
Jan 2018
I have already watched Fate Grand Order and was waiting since then for Camelot 2 to be released. I will never play the game (At least now it does not interest me) but I love Fate. The referenced old history, the soundtrack, and so many good things. I enjoyed fate grand order and even cried.
Jun 6, 2022 2:14 AM

Feb 2019
LuckoBj said:

"Read the wiki," that's a new one. The lengths people will go to not consume the franchise properly astound me to this day.

Well I for one already loved Lain.
May 16, 2023 9:27 AM

Nov 2010
KaizukaZekrom said:

Meh, when I played FGO. I skipped every story, yet I could understand everything and appreciate the movies. The story isn't complicated to follow. They just need to pay attention. Of course, if all else fails, there's always the wiki.
The FGO story is good, but not as good as FSN, UBW, or Heaven's Feel, IMO.
May 23, 2023 2:59 AM
Nov 2017
AniPhoenix said:
Hey uh... so I started
KaizukaZekrom said:

Hey so uh... I just started playing the game.. it's really good
Told you bro, it might not have been the perfect series from the beginning, but the journey you experienced with the characters that were built up MADE the final arc. FGO is a story of journey, and if you don't get to experience it, of course it would be underwhelming!
May 23, 2023 3:03 AM
Nov 2017
icefirestone23 said:
I watched all of the fate animes before then, and I understood this anime just fine. I don't get why Fate and especially FGO fans pretend like fate animes don't exist. Movie producers obviously make animes easier for audiences not dedicated to the game otherwise they go bankrupt. This is some next level gatekeeping
It's not about understanding, it's about experiencing the journey. If you skip the game and straight up watch the solomon movie, it's just the same as reading the story of a game through Wiki instead of actually playing it. FGO is very different from other Fate anime, the abundance of characters spread through the arc, the self-inserted MCs, and journey like plot makes all the difference to the experiences. I'm not gatekeeping, i'm just asking for you to experience it the right way, the way it was intended. Watching this without playing the game is straight up just like reaching the end of a journey without having experiencing it at all.
May 23, 2023 3:07 AM
Nov 2017
MirukuSacc said:
Let's not try to gatekeep okay? Your love for the series is a wonderful thing but it's a step in the wrong direction to tell others how they should consume this media. let's enjoy things for ourselves and let others view it in their own ways. There are always going to be people who respond differently so let's do our best to understand and coexist alongside their perspectives.
Dude, it's a completely different case. I'm not trying to gatekeep at all, i'm just recommending that you should experience it the right way, the way it was intended. Watching this without playing the game is like reaching the end of a journey without experiencing the journey itself. And the worst part is people actually thinking it's the series' fault that they don't feel anything when it was their fault for not experiencing it the right way. Sure let people consume media however they want, but does it not raise annoyance if people watch a series from the final season first before watching the previous seasons and then complains about the series being bad? LMAO.
Jul 5, 2023 6:00 AM

Sep 2018
Assumed we've played the game or simply hopeful that we've played the game? Honestly, I'm genuinely curious here. This seems like a scapegoat.

An anime should be able to stand on it's own, the fact that we should have to experience something else as well, is pretty laughable. In some ways, this is a complete failure of an adaptation, cutting corners and leaving things out.

Thankfully, the movie was still pretty good for an anime only perspective, though I can't say I feel much emotional connection to the story or it's multitude of characters in this telling. This could be due to a lack of info from the game, but it felt like there were some asspull moments as well lol...

I think I enjoyed Babylonia the most, then probably the 2nd Camelot movie... This one probably falls under the 1st Camelot movie.
GakutoDeathGlareJul 5, 2023 6:09 AM
Jul 6, 2023 7:07 AM
Nov 2017
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Assumed we've played the game or simply hopeful that we've played the game? Honestly, I'm genuinely curious here. This seems like a scapegoat. 

An anime should be able to stand on it's own, the fact that we should have to experience something else as well, is pretty laughable. In some ways, this is a complete failure of an adaptation, cutting corners and leaving things out.

Thankfully, the movie was still pretty good for an anime only perspective, though I can't say I feel much emotional connection to the story or it's multitude of characters in this telling. This could be due to a lack of info from the game, but it felt like there were some asspull moments as well lol...

I think I enjoyed Babylonia the most, then probably the 2nd Camelot movie... This one probably falls under the 1st Camelot movie.
Dude, this is not a normal adaptation lmfao. This was not made for promoting the source materials nor to attract new fans, this was made purely as fan service for the FGO players who have been supporting the game. It was made using the money the game made lmao, and even the reason Babylonia, Camelot, and Solomon even got adapted was becase there was a fkin vote about which one the players wanted to see getting adapted the most lol.
Oct 15, 2023 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
Yea really was kind of a mess without the background context. Sure it was self contained enough but no emotion to anything and pacing was all over the place.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Shuukyoku Tokuiten - Kani Jikan Shinden Solomon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jul 31, 2021

120 by keynutil »»
Apr 20, 5:55 PM

» Some questions about the plot (Spoilers)

Mathi786 - Jan 31

9 by Code-Valhalla »»
Feb 3, 3:35 AM

» Do I need to watch the Camelot movies first?

StuntMastah - Aug 19, 2023

6 by PurpleMoon7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:06 PM

» We’re in the End Game!

Reshiram_IX - Mar 22, 2020

31 by LISA302 »»
Jul 25, 2023 10:05 AM

» Question about King Solomon

DarkEmperor69 - Mar 26, 2022

2 by Khalil04 »»
Aug 30, 2022 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.