Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2022 9:40 PM

Jun 2013
SHE'S FINALLY HEREEE, SUCH A BEAUTY & AN ICON !! prettiest anime girl character I've ever seen so far, those eyes were glittering as hell throughout this episode I'm inlove. Looking forward to the next episodes <333

Jan 8, 2022 9:46 PM
Apr 2020
My favorite ongoing romcom is finally adapted into anime and it is BEAUTIFUL. Hope they skip nothing !
Jan 8, 2022 9:58 PM
Apr 2021
For eps 1 is very nice, like story', art character, OP and ED song is good πŸ‘πŸ‘
Jan 8, 2022 10:24 PM

May 2015
This gives me strong Nisekoi vibes in terms of dynamic and animation. I absolutely love it. Akebi is not bad either, Cloverworks Saturdays I see.
Jan 8, 2022 10:46 PM
Mar 2020
Good episode showing example of sexism that men are suffering from.
Jan 8, 2022 11:09 PM
Nov 2021
The episode was great and pretty much what I expected.
Jan 8, 2022 11:25 PM

Mar 2021
The first episode was just too relatable. I am one of those guys who listens to a music genre which almost nobody has heard about in my country. Atleast the 2020 anime surge has got me new friends
Jan 8, 2022 11:59 PM

Sep 2015
Not a fan of fan service in pure romance anime. They should just stay in ecchi and harem IMHO.

Anyway, a good watch.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jan 9, 2022 12:03 AM

Jan 2021
Ok it was pgood. Wholesome and I love that ED. Pacing seems fine so I'm looking forward to it now!!
KiR4TJan 9, 2022 1:02 AM
Jan 9, 2022 12:19 AM
Jul 2021
Damn, finally it has come out.
Marin's character design is very cute, waifu of the season for me,the ending song is sweet too,but I expected something more from the OP,it is still good though.
So,probably gonna be a wholesome, cute anime, really looking forward to the next episode
Jan 9, 2022 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
chocker gyaru JK was nice at least but this it refreshing and quite different!
a girl who like to cosplay and not just that but characters from ero games? hmmmm GUHEHEHEHE!!!
5/5.

Jan 9, 2022 12:59 AM

Sep 2011
It was a great first episode, I think it has the chance to be one of my favourite anime of this season ;D I wonder if Gojo will meet again the girl who bullied him. Marin is so cute <3

I know they are different genres, but this anime reminds me Runway de Waratte lol
Jan 9, 2022 1:03 AM
May 2021
Ahhhhhhh!

Finally an anime about something normal, but of course the guy is better than the girl, as far as skills so far.

Compared to other anime released in January of 2022. This has potential.
I just hope it doesn't have some twisted/tragic ending to it's conclusion.

Anyway, great first episode, I'll just have to wait and see if this will become a favorite from 2022.
Jan 9, 2022 1:51 AM
Nov 2019
Didn’t think this would be that bad from the first episode. And I cannot explain how much I hated the MC
Jan 9, 2022 2:17 AM

Jan 2021
I wasn't that interested when I first heard the title of this anime, but I saw many people praise this work, so I started watching it.

It's great (and rare) to see a guy who likes things that are considered to be girly (but in my opinion it's a high class art and it's great). Although he could sometimes be a bit creepy blushing at the doll, I appreciate that he puts a lot of effort and time investigating on how to make better doll (and people who call him gay should shut up. Making and preserving traditional art is very important, and he's definitely a person that those crude and ignorant people should respect.) And his experience of sharing different hobby with others also reminded me of my own experience. It's really difficult to communicate with others with different interests.

And the girl is really good! She's direct and is willing to speak up for her interest (even if it seems that her fav character is from something hentai? Have never read the manga before). I think they would have good dynamic.
Jan 9, 2022 2:41 AM

Oct 2016
Just like that, I found my favorite show and best girl this season all in one. I also now have the overwhelming urge to start reading the manga.

Besides the obvious best girl, Gojo's great too. We don't kink shame here, you do you king.

The moment Gojo used the school sewing room, I was hyped as fuck waiting for Marin to bust in there. I love them both already, can't wait for the next episode. Though I probably won't resist anymore and start the manga before the next episode lmao.
Jan 9, 2022 3:14 AM

Jun 2020
Gojou's really a socially awkward person while Marin is a very active and sociable person looks like some character development is brewing in a few episodes

I expected Gojou to catch Marin while falling but it's the wrong Gojou that I had in mind, I like Marin's personality from day one she's honest, she's not afraid of other people who talk condescending and she keeps other people's esteem or passion in mind

That was a wholesome meeting in the Arts and Crafts room I'll just say that I want more episodes coming.
Jan 9, 2022 3:20 AM

Dec 2014
Huh??? Is cosplay that uncommon in Japan?????

Why the heck does female MC need to blush for her cosplay????

Is it because manga author has to use this stupid cliche to connect her to male MC???

Is the author idiot or what?

Especially in Japan, female MC just have to go to offline cosplay group and can easily find costume maker, the end of story.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 9, 2022 4:16 AM

Sep 2010
At last a gyaru with likable personality.
Jan 9, 2022 4:20 AM
Oct 2019
what a beautiful first episode... these two unique passion should be fun to watch.

i have a feeling Marin might be the best girl of the season.

I just have one wish, please don't fck this up CloverWorks...
Jan 9, 2022 4:24 AM

Aug 2015
I feel like this is going to be my favourite show of the season <3

Jan 9, 2022 4:47 AM

Dec 2015
love the art!! this is gonna be good
Jan 9, 2022 4:56 AM
Jun 2017
will watch this one... love the first episode
Jan 9, 2022 5:25 AM

Apr 2020
what the hell was that entrance, how tf did she fly like that LMAOOO

β”Œβ”€βˆβ‡βˆβ”€β”

β””β”€βˆβ‡βˆβ”€β”˜

Jan 9, 2022 5:46 AM

Dec 2020
#?#!$!$ THAT WAS?? THW CUUUTEST SHIT. EVER?? LIKE. EVEERRR ACTUALLY EVER OH MY GOD

wanted to try out the manga for this a few months ago but i heard there was an anime adaptation so i waited and MANN WAS IT WORTH IT.

thought this was gonna be those "boy likes girly stuff, total-opposite chara love interest encourages him so he's more confident" thing and while it Kinda is like that, seems like this'll be one of the good ones.

mari is so fucking cute bro. nah like yeah she's gorgeous but HERRR just Her. how she does things, her speech her babbling about the character she liked and just 😭😭😭 this girllll captured my heart. best girl of the season for me idcidcccccc

not really a fan of fanservice but this was p ok, animations reaaaally pretty btw as expected of cloverworks.
Jan 9, 2022 6:14 AM
May 2021
As I expected from this episode, this show worth to wait for
Jan 9, 2022 6:31 AM
Dec 2017
The very last scene of this episode is my favorite

Shizuku kuroe tan from Saint slippery's academy for girls The Young ladies of the humiliation club : debauched Miracle life 2

And mc be like : Nan desu te?

I laughed too hard here.
Jan 9, 2022 6:49 AM

Sep 2017
Ah yes, the socially awkward loser has the anime waifu of his dreams literally fall form the sky before him. They really aren't subtle with this anymore. Well this might turn out to just be a waifu bait show where a relationship forms despite the MC offering nothing of value except for a service he should really be charging for, but we'll see.
Jan 9, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 2021
SHE IS TOP WAIFU 2022
Jan 9, 2022 7:11 AM
Aug 2020
Alright, so I watched the first episode and I thought this was...okay? The pacing felt really slow to me.
Jan 9, 2022 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
Anime_Addicter_ said:
Ashhk said:
Great start for this cosplay anime, I really like the manga so I was waiting for the adaptation and so far it's not disappointing, seeing Marin animated is a blessing. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the remaining episodes, I just hope they won't rush it, this is the only thing that is worrying me.

For now, first episode are the 2 first mangas

I think the anime will cover the festival (manga chapter 38)
its only the first chapter. they will probably adapt 1 and a half or 2 chapters an episode because theres a whole lot of material in every chapter. ive only read the first 10 chapters so far but i expect this to cover around 18-25 most for this season.
Jan 9, 2022 7:59 AM
Jul 2020
good episode but the animation is a little much
Jan 9, 2022 8:03 AM

Oct 2018
I was expecting to see some wholesome show given how much manga readers were hyping this up, but I didn't expect to leave with quite possibly my favourite premier of the season yet! Legit cannot wait for the next episode.

Also, did we just find best girl of the year in the second week of the year itself?
Jan 9, 2022 8:07 AM

Nov 2020
Well, I guess this is going to be a little different kind of slice of life, romance.
Though it's just my take as the first impression of the anime. Let's see if it manages to impress even further into the story.
Jan 9, 2022 8:18 AM

Jul 2021
Can't share the general enthusiasm, unfortunately. I mean, it was ok. I'd love to see a good romcom but I'm not sure this'll be it. I'll stick around for a few more episodes though, just in case things get more interesting.
Jan 9, 2022 8:28 AM

Sep 2018
Jeez! Four topic pages have already been written, wow! Some topos already seen in many other anime, but the vision was pleasant and I do not complain too much, since at the beginning I did not like this anime series that much, perhaps because the key visual did not convince me very much, and thanks only to the various promos that I decided to give him a chance, but in the end watching the episode was a discovery that went well beyond my wildest expectations. Pleasant, nice and well done in everything. I wait for the next episode to arrive right away.
Jan 9, 2022 8:41 AM

Oct 2020
Damn, that was good. I seriously want to see the outfit in its final form with Marin wearing it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2022 9:36 AM
Jan 2018
I don’t know why I keep doing this to myself starting seasonal shows and not finishing the ones I started but I’ve seen a lot of talk about this . Undecided if this is the only new show I will watch this season
Jan 9, 2022 9:45 AM

Feb 2016
I hope they will keep up with this animation quality throughout full season because it looks really clean
Jan 9, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2016
She is gonna conquer tik tok for sure, the studio literally made her for that. Clover work if you
gonna do this please do it well, first episode was a great start but have seen much mediocre
stuff can't really tell, but it has potential no doubt about that.

5/5
Jan 9, 2022 9:57 AM

Apr 2019
The 'loner boy finds something in common with popular girl' trope can always be a hit or miss. Depending on what the 'something in common' is of course. And in this case, I think it's a hit.

Cloverworks' anime usually have some pretty eye-catching art; and this one's no exception to that. The ost isn't too bad either which is always a plus.

Also think it's safe to say that Kitagawa has a pretty good shot at winning the 'Best Girl' award.

I think I'll be sticking around to see how this series plays out.
arcticmontysJan 9, 2022 10:00 AM
Jan 9, 2022 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
Marin is pretty cute and fun, I definitely like her but not about Wakana he's a bit of a wimp but I understand he is suppose to be that way in contrast with Marin. Maybe I'll warm with him later on

So overall it's a good start
7/10

RedChromeJan 9, 2022 11:05 AM
Jan 9, 2022 10:02 AM

Jul 2020
during the whole episode i was joking about "wow touko finally is in an anime" and then after checking the v.a. for marin i laughed so much. its awesome they took the same va for two characters that look the same
Jan 9, 2022 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
it is just me watch this give me Runway de Waratte vibe.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Jan 9, 2022 10:06 AM
Mar 2021
I love the first episode! Kitagawa is best girl and waifu of the season, no of the year!
Jan 9, 2022 10:18 AM

Aug 2018
Welp, watching that was like mainlining otaku wish fulfillment. And I am here for it.

I hope the production quality remains this strong throughout the show’s run.

Also the tiny bit of fan service in this episode was 100x as hot as the entirety of World’s End Harem.
Set SCE to AUX
Jan 9, 2022 10:30 AM

Jun 2019
Adizcool said:
I was expecting to see some wholesome show given how much manga readers were hyping this up, but I didn't expect to leave with quite possibly my favourite premier of the season yet! Legit cannot wait for the next episode.

Also, did we just find best girl of the year in the second week of the year itself?

She was always been the best girl! still can’t believe seeing her animated. (^^;)
lettuce<3
Jan 9, 2022 10:33 AM

Feb 2014
I'm really impressed with this first episode and, so far for me, possibly the strongest first episode of the Winter season. It gave me slight Nisekoi vibes to a certain extent, especially how Shizuku came flying into his desk which was random, but funny as hell. XD

The chemistry that the two of them had during their talk in the old home ec room was nice. Kitagawa finally meets someone who fully appreciates his Hina doll hobby skills while she voices how much she always wants to cosplay character from her favourite anime, manga and games. I do approve of the little flashes of fanservice and Shizuku's nice taste in her underwear. =P

The production values from Cloverworks is great, with a lot of vibrant movements and close-ups that I really like. Nice OP/ED songs and animations, too. Overall, this was an excellent start and I do look forward to seeing how Kitagawa and Shizuku will get on working together with their hobbies.
Jan 9, 2022 11:55 AM

Sep 2011
Meta_Yoshi said:
I'm really impressed with this first episode and, so far for me, possibly the strongest first episode of the Winter season. It gave me slight Nisekoi vibes to a certain extent, especially how Shizuku came flying into his desk which was random, but funny as hell. XD

The chemistry that the two of them had during their talk in the old home ec room was nice. Kitagawa finally meets someone who fully appreciates his Hina doll hobby skills while she voices how much she always wants to cosplay character from her favourite anime, manga and games. I do approve of the little flashes of fanservice and Shizuku's nice taste in her underwear. =P

The production values from Cloverworks is great, with a lot of vibrant movements and close-ups that I really like. Nice OP/ED songs and animations, too. Overall, this was an excellent start and I do look forward to seeing how Kitagawa and Shizuku will get on working together with their hobbies.

That random flying in hitting the desk with her head moment actually caught me off guard. Had a chuckle I agree.
As for the chemistry yeah, He was really fired up when he made the promise about helping her with the outfit. As well as when he was looking at the current one she made and criticising it.
But I have to say that when she was talking and he caught a glimpse of them cheeks had me almost spit my drink (another one I was not expecting).
As a redeeming factor the moment when she talked to him while cleaning the classroom was nice. Showed some character and thats great (didn't read the manga).
There were some creepy moments though xD. Like when he made some questionable faces towards that Hina doll.
Production is really good. Especially like the colours (Kitagawa's make up for example) nice vibrant ones always catch the eye.
This one is looking promising. I will definetly watch more.
DarkOdynJan 10, 2022 7:13 AM
A warrior takes sword in hand,
clasping a gem to his heart.

Engraving vanishing memories
into the sword
Jan 9, 2022 12:16 PM

Jul 2008
That was the worse drawn ass I've ever seen. Can't even consider it fan service.

Good 1st eps though. Best girl so far this season.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

485 by Lord_sag4 »»
May 8, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2022

192 by bronzeagesungod »»
May 5, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

243 by Over1dynasty »»
Apr 29, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

231 by Netbug »»
Apr 29, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

366 by Netbug »»
Apr 28, 7:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.