Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 5, 2022 11:39 PM

Jan 2009
early leak of the episode is out from Funimation

new OP and ED and i like the ED more

i thought this is gonna be a recap episode but nah the criminals are in the move and gonna start trouble, Miranjo wants to destroy the country eh i wonder why and why King Bosse allows it

that FullMetal Armor criminal is a big problem too since he can freeze his opponents movements so how can Boji fight him later on

Kingbo is still alive too i thought he will die as a insignificant side character
Jan 6, 2022 3:04 AM
May 2021
New OP and Ed are fine but,
I liked the first OP and ED. not bad either way..

things are getting serious!
Jan 6, 2022 3:04 AM

May 2021
Really great episode as usual, The new Opening is really great. The Battle for taking over the kingdom is in motion, or so we may think, this show is as unpredictable as it come.

I do have some theories regarding "Miranjo" with the new Opening having bit of hints in it, but that topic is for the other thread.

Here's a Potential great wallpaper for Ousama Ranking fans.

Thank you for the present, Santa Snowman 2

Jan 6, 2022 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
The OP and ED are banger. The visual is pretty lit.
Whiteking became Fatking. LOL
We didn't got Kingbo's full story but it was kinda dark.
Jan 6, 2022 4:24 AM

Sep 2020
New OP and ED are 🔥🔥🔥. I like them more then the first two.
Jan 6, 2022 4:54 AM

Jul 2015
Episode about the coup on January 6th.
Coincidence?

Jan 6, 2022 5:32 AM

Jul 2021
Got the well needed recap.

New OP is banger, I like this one more than the OP1.

The horse part was funny.

The steel armour dude was sure a sicko lmao, dude was ruthless, he's gonna be one hell of an opponent for Bojji.

New ED is a banger too, I especially liked its visual. Better than ED1.

Good episode overall.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 6, 2022 5:40 AM

Mar 2021
Is the episode out or is this just a episode pv?
Jan 6, 2022 5:56 AM

Jul 2017
Didn't feel this episode at all and was pretty bored with it tbh, especially with the Kage-Bojji recap portion at the start. It took a large chunk of time that wasn't to my liking, even if this is airing after a 1 week break in the middle. But even after that, wasn't that interested in this episode at all except for Miranjo's character here and the role involved with them for the remainder of this series more than anything else.

This is more of a transition episode so I won't be too disappointed in it, but 10 episodes have taken place since I raved about the first 2 episodes and among the 10, only a couple of them have genuinely been really good and entertaining/interesting throughout. Show needs a better record than that with this second cour and hopefully it accomplishes that for me.

The visuals for the new opening and ending are easily contenders for this year already and for a combo, could be one of the best of the year. The opening in particular stood out for me, it looks fantastic with the Jujutsu Kaisen OP director I think working on it cause the touches and similarities with some of the cuts are definitely there. The Bojji-Hiling cut looks so wholesome ngl. It took me a couple listens but I do like the opening song for it now as well, I'm still iffy about milet's ending song here and it's a shame that I never loved her ED songs in the past too for series like Vinland Saga. The yama one instantly connected with me in comparison to this new one.
Jan 6, 2022 6:25 AM
Mar 2015
Haters quick enough to give 1/5
Crazy
Jan 6, 2022 6:38 AM
Jul 2016
Kingbo's father was the hunter Bojji encountered earlier in the series. So very likely that guy was the deranged ranking number 1 king.
Jan 6, 2022 8:05 AM

Dec 2019
That was a long ass 5 min recap to start the episode, ain't really needed for a show that took 1 week off only imho. OP was packin some heat though.
Jan 6, 2022 8:17 AM

Apr 2018
A small recap in the beginning of the episode (not needed). Well, it was great to see a bit of Boji and Kage again. The new opening is just incredible. Might be one of the best openings from 2022. Just have to wait for the other great animes to be realised. It's catchy and vibey as hell, might be because of the JJK director. Well, Miranjo wants to destroy the whole country. Seems like some grand fights will start and the criminals have weird abilities. Anyway, the ending is performed by milet (one my favorite artists) and the ending is crazily good.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 6, 2022 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
New OP song is awesome, I think I like it better than the previous one.

This episode felt really tense after the buildup and transition. Wonder what kind of key role Kingbo for second half of this series. And yikes, Miranjo really takes conquest to another level even for his character. Second cour looks like it will be very exciting.
Jan 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 6, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
DAYUM LEAKERS from Funimation, a good screwup I suppose.

I'd guess that not many people care for the Bojji and Kage recap for the 1st quarter of the episode, but lest you forget what happened thus far, this is a good time to catch up. Otherwise, this just eats up unnecessary time.

The 2nd Cour's OST is kinda mixed than the 1st Cour, but the OP was one hell of a better song, considering that they had JJK director Park Sung-Hoo in creating this vibe. milet's ED is just OK.

Otherwise, the plan to overthrow the Kingdom is underway from the criminals of the Underworld led by Ouken from Miranjo's calling, and this is just the perfect start to the 2nd Cour. Prince Despa is such a flattering character though, although his once beloved Whiteking steed got worse and more affectionate than ever. Putting on weight though, that's a time-waster in this severe crisis.

The only one that is of intrigue for now is Kingbo, and he got too proud to face off against Ouken that it feels like the challenge just begun to see how reckless the criminals of the Underworld will do as they see fit. One thing is clear: NEVER underestimate Ouken's abilities, he's a quick and sharp one. Based on the flashback, Kingbo is apparently the son of the crazed former King Bojji met out in the wilds in Episode 4, and since he got saved by Bebin at the last minute, so at least he's not a lost cause yet considering that that didn't effectively took his life.

This is a fine continuation alright.
KANLen09Jan 6, 2022 10:40 AM
Jan 6, 2022 10:05 AM

Nov 2013
New OP is amazing (visually at least).

Kingbo was disposed of already. Huh... It's funny how the fact he resembles the mad king (One Bojji met) missed me entirely. It seems the mad king is Kingbo's father who seemed like a good king, but something happened and he slaughtered everyone. That explains why Kingbo is "bad" now.

Masked guy is a sadist and can use OP stun ability...

Can't wait for more!
Jan 6, 2022 10:08 AM
Oct 2016
Lots of getting us caught up and setting things up for future episodes. Even comes with a mini recap at the start just in case anyone forgot some important details. Bojji and Kage riding in with the underworld guards to save the kingdom! Both happy to head that Despa is following behind them albeit on his lets say hefty stead. That horse sure let itself go after Despa returned him. Hopefully Despa can arrive at an opportune moment to help in a fight. Hiling, Dorshe and Domas all setting up positions to take the castle back. These underworld criminals are an interesting bunch. That one Ouzen seems the most dangerous with his power.

We got a lot of them in the episode, showing who they are their personalities and their relationship to each other and to Miranjo. It seems she just wants them to produce chaos by unleashing them on this kingdom with the goal of tearing it down. I wonder though why Bosse didn't try to fight them, hes shown off his strength plenty in Daida body so why did he just let the second guys prance on it and take over without even trying to fight. It seems like the words he whispered to Domas before was a warning about the kingdom being taken over so I need to know why Bosse just let it happen. There's always something more going on with this show to keep things interesting, I like that.
Jan 6, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 2020
i think that if ousama manages to keep this level of world building and storytelling, and even goes beyond with this new battle/war arc, it could become a serious contender for one of the best animes of all time.
Jan 6, 2022 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
KANLen09 said:

I'd guess that not many people care for the Bojji and Kage recap for the 1st quarter of the episode, but lest you forget what happened thus far, this is a good time to catch up. Otherwise, this just eats up unnecessary time.

The 2nd Cour's OST is kinda mixed than the 1st Cour, but the OP was one hell of a better song, considering that they had JJK director Park Sung-Hoo in creating this vibe. milet's ED is just OK.

Otherwise, the plan to overthrow the Kingdom is underway from the criminals of the Underworld led by Ouken from Miranjo's calling, and this is just the perfect start to the 2nd Cour.

Prince Despa is such a flattering character though, although his once beloved Whiteking steed got worse and more affectionate than ever. Putting on weight though, that's a time-waster in this severe crisis.

The only one that is of intrigue for now is the steel armour dude, and Kingbo got too proud to face off against him (that it led to his death) that it feels like the challenge just begun to see how reckless the criminals of the Underworld will do as they see fit. Kingbo got saved by Bebin at the last minute, so at least he's not a lost cause yet considering that that didn't effectively took his life.

Who is Ouken exactly ?
Jan 6, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
Also, it might just be me but I couldn't stop thinking about Ou Ken from Kingdom when I saw the name Ouken, hell it doesn't even have to be Ou Ken specifically, hearing Ouken immediately just made me think of a bunch of Kingdom characters like Ou Ki, Ou Sen, etc.
Jan 6, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Pyoung said:
KANLen09 said:

Otherwise, the plan to overthrow the Kingdom is underway from the criminals of the Underworld led by Ouken from Miranjo's calling, and this is just the perfect start to the 2nd Cour.

Prince Despa is such a flattering character though, although his once beloved Whiteking steed got worse and more affectionate than ever. Putting on weight though, that's a time-waster in this severe crisis.

The only one that is of intrigue for now is the steel armour dude, and Kingbo got too proud to face off against him (that it led to his death) that it feels like the challenge just begun to see how reckless the criminals of the Underworld will do as they see fit. Kingbo got saved by Bebin at the last minute, so at least he's not a lost cause yet considering that that didn't effectively took his life.

Who is Ouken exactly ?

Just watch the episode, I'd realize that you're trying to question people and getting spoiled yourself. Don't be a troll.
Jan 6, 2022 10:30 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't like this opening, I prefer the other one.
It will probably be in the next episode that the fights will start and I'm looking forward to seeing Bojji fighting.
asdasdsadad
Jan 6, 2022 10:31 AM
May 2020
So, Kingbo is the son of the guy Bojji met in ep 4
Jan 6, 2022 10:48 AM

Feb 2013
KANLen09 said:
Pyoung said:

Who is Ouken exactly ?

Just watch the episode, I'd realize that you're trying to question people and getting spoiled yourself. Don't be a troll.

I did I must have missed that part. I'm not trying to be a troll lol. I was thinking maybe it was one of the people from the underworld that Miranjo summoned.
Jan 6, 2022 11:00 AM

May 2021
Great episode! I wonder why King Bosse is letting himself be locked in the dungeon. I'm sure he could solo all the villains at once. That armored guy is very powerful destroying Kingbo in a fight xD. And Miranjo wants to bring this country to ruin...
New OP and ED are very nice too.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 6, 2022 11:02 AM

Jul 2011
A fairly big mirror made out of diamond, im speechless.

Fat Whiteking is such a perfect mount for Despa.

Kingbo must have some super regeneration, because with the tendons cut like that by someone that know what they are doing , move is impossible. And people need to learn to check heartbeat.
Jan 6, 2022 11:19 AM

Jun 2021
The OP was fire and the ED was cute. And I loved that ethereal track when we first cut to Miranjo and the bad guys.

Bojji keeps forgetting he's deaf.

EDIT: The opening's given us a lot of clues. If I can go a little wild, I'm guessing Miranjo was betrayed by that red/pink monster she was seen playing with as a kid. They trapped her in the mirror, and Bosse has been trying to help her escape. Killing Hiling might somehow help free her. The Sword King is strong and all, but he'll probably go down by episode 18 and the rest of the series will focus on the monster.
GwenpoolJan 6, 2022 1:22 PM
Jan 6, 2022 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
Sheeeeesh, this is already a strong contender for opening of the season. I dunno what could hope to be better than this. One Piece and AoT are strong contender, but this is too 🔥 Ending was great again as well. Even the recap felt perfect.

5/5 quality anime

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2022 11:32 AM
Oct 2018
Piromysl said:
Episode about the coup on January 6th.
Coincidence?

Yes, it is just an unimportant coincidence.
Jan 6, 2022 12:23 PM

Nov 2007
what a crazy episode, can't wait for more story.
Is Kingbo's father that crazy former King Boji met in forest when travelling to Underworld, when he fell into cave? I mean one that talks about death and rebirth etc.?
Jan 6, 2022 12:25 PM

Nov 2007
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! I wonder why King Bosse is letting himself be locked in the dungeon. I'm sure he could solo all the villains at once. That armored guy is very powerful destroying Kingbo in a fight xD. And Miranjo wants to bring this country to ruin...
New OP and ED are very nice too.

Looking forward to the next episode!

After episode we had before this one, I started thinking King Bosse is not in this willingly. I am of belief he really did regret putting curse on Boji and thought after his death it will be over. But Miranjo brought him back. I think he drove his new wife out of kingdom in hope she brings back forces to bring Miranjo down. For some reason, some dark deal with devil probably, he can't go openly against Miranjo. I think it's for that reason that she has him locked up.
Jan 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Apr 2020
oh my GOD the new opening dawg, this is beautiful as hell. we can clearly see similarities with the Jujutsu Kaisen openings, as it is directed by the man himself, Shingo Yamashita

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jan 6, 2022 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
judging by the new OP Miranjo got exploited or deceived by the Devil
Jan 6, 2022 1:11 PM

May 2016
OP is my jam but the ED is good enough.
great episode too freaking bad I forgot I stopped at ep 10 and now I skipped ep 11.
Jan 6, 2022 2:02 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Transition episode, not much to say here, lots of setup with the criminals.
Jan 6, 2022 2:03 PM
Sep 2021
Very nice episode, as always with Ranking of Kings !

As for predictions..

------------------------------

KingBo is the Son of the Mad King we met at Episode 04.

As we see here, there's the Ranking dude behind him, so they probably went to pick his treasure as N°1 King, and he passed down the throne since he wasn't needing it anymore.

So this is the same person, just younger in the flashback.. and with a clear mind x)

----------------

This Cour is going to be A-MA-ZING ! I can tell you that much !

& the OP is fire :p
Jan 6, 2022 2:12 PM

Feb 2021
Only 6 days in and I already feel like I just witnessed the OP of the year. Legit got chills..

And now the show is available on Crunchyroll, with Vanitas and Dress Up Darling I assume that even more Aniplex shows are coming now that they own Cr.
Jan 6, 2022 2:20 PM

May 2018
I agree with everyone. OP and ED are a banger!

Story as consistently good as always!

Can't wait for more action inside the castle!
Jan 6, 2022 2:27 PM
Oct 2016
Pyoung said:
KANLen09 said:

I did I must have missed that part. I'm not trying to be a troll lol. I was thinking maybe it was one of the people from the underworld that Miranjo summoned.

It was one of the people from the underworld. Its the guy with full armor, that ate the rat.
Jan 6, 2022 2:28 PM

May 2011
Gwenpool said:
Bojji keeps forgetting he's deaf.

LOL

I didn't even realise.
Jan 6, 2022 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Mugglus said:
Pyoung said:

It was one of the people from the underworld. Its the guy with full armor, that ate the rat.

Thanks!! Don't know why some people just cant give a straight answer 😂
Jan 6, 2022 2:58 PM

Jun 2019
The new OP and ED are amazing. OP, especially directed by none other than Shingo Yamashita the GOAT. Also, Bojji's kingdom is in trouble and they are surely moving towards the kingdom. The criminals are surely very strong and we also got to see one of them dying very brutally. But, is he dead?

Miranjo is surely trying to achieve something but for now, her goal is to see the kingdom go down.
Jan 6, 2022 3:14 PM

Aug 2021
What a new beautiful opening and ending song, I loved it so much.
I liked the recap at the beginning, it was a short and good recap for the past episodes...
I also liked Despa's story with the horse Whiteking, it was so funny, I laughed a lot...

Jan 6, 2022 3:51 PM

Jan 2021

The new opening was really good
Jan 6, 2022 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
New cool opening.
The anime is at a completely good level and has given a huge enhanced to the plot, the throne scenes to tell the truth were very tense even with the man being killed by a mad soldier.
Jan 6, 2022 4:42 PM

Sep 2020
Kingbo's father was legitimately uncrowned, gave good advice to his soon to be king son, went to pick his god gifted treasure and then went insane and singlehandedly razed his former kingdom.
Kingbo may have become a rotten thug but I can empathize with the guy.
Jan 6, 2022 4:55 PM
Mar 2021
Oh just because little recap, you guys give a lower score.

But still this episode is really great as expected. Op and Ed are really banger. Okay that steel armor guy or King's sword or whatever his name (i forgot that) is dangerous one.
Jan 6, 2022 5:02 PM

Feb 2014
Avvenirista said:
Kingbo's father was legitimately uncrowned, gave good advice to his soon to be king son, went to pick his god gifted treasure and then went insane and singlehandedly razed his former kingdom.
Kingbo may have become a rotten thug but I can empathize with the guy.

But Kingbo ain't dead yet. He still has some part to play.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 6, 2022 5:07 PM

May 2021
I just hope that the guy that can froze shit is just a psychopath, I'm tired of this random ass backstories. I love the visuals of the new OP
Potkaniak said:
what a crazy episode, can't wait for more story.
Is Kingbo's father that crazy former King Boji met in forest when travelling to Underworld, when he fell into cave? I mean one that talks about death and rebirth etc.?

Looks like it, they clued something with kings going mad in an early episode, so the story could be traced with that flashback

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

109 by filoshi »»
Yesterday, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

231 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2022

224 by Lanz »»
May 23, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2022

119 by Lanz »»
May 22, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Ousama Ranking Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

110 by Lanz »»
May 20, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.