Forum Settings
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Dice Killing Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2022 7:09 AM

Dec 2009
I haven't read the visual novel of Higurashi Rei or watched (any) the anime adaption of this, so even though it's canon, I don't know which was the original story from this adaption.

I wonder how accurate the lore of that marble is to Higurashi or if Hanyuu completely invented it.
A dream world from Hanyuu for Rika to accept her world with no regrets, along with her mother's death of which she gave up years ago on saving was awesome to experience. The theme of that itself to not regret our one life is great.

I just wish that confliction of loving her mother again was longer.
I didn't mind the length of her different friends and villagers too much, but overall the manga could have been lengthened to have a stronger emotion of empathy to Rika's struggle and how this sinless world of the characters has grown in contrast to her original world.
I'll have to ask later- most likely it is, but if not, I hope some form of Rika making peace with her mother, or this but no doubt better, is in the visual novel of Rei. 7/10.
May 3, 6:13 AM

Apr 2020
Perfect theme and message to end the main story. Both worlds are brilliant for her, but I'm glad she ultimately chose the former

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei: Saikoroshi-hen Chapter 5 Discussion

DefeatingMe - May 3

0 by DefeatingMe »»
May 3, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei: Saikoroshi-hen Chapter 4 Discussion

DefeatingMe - May 3

0 by DefeatingMe »»
May 3, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei: Saikoroshi-hen Chapter 3 Discussion

DefeatingMe - May 3

0 by DefeatingMe »»
May 3, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei: Saikoroshi-hen Chapter 2 Discussion

DefeatingMe - May 3

0 by DefeatingMe »»
May 3, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei: Saikoroshi-hen Chapter 1 Discussion

DefeatingMe - May 3

0 by DefeatingMe »»
May 3, 12:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.