Forum Settings
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2022 4:01 PM

Apr 2020
As an anime-only, this didn't seem like the Mahouka I'm used to....until Miyuki said "Onii-sama" XD
Jan 20, 2022 9:06 AM

Jan 2017
Miyuki in an alternate universe:

The special was amazing though, love the relationship of Tatsuya and Miyuki.
Excited for the next season of Mahouka.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 23, 2022 4:29 AM

Mar 2018
I'm actually quite disappointed by this adaptation. It has been over 6 years since I read the LN volume 8 but from what I can remember, it was one of the best volumes in Mahouka LN series as a whole and 100 times better than this anime special.

They shouldn't have tried to force the entire volume into a just a 1 hour special...
Jan 27, 2022 2:06 PM
Jan 2021
Do wish they split this up into a half cour OVA special or something to make the pacing feel a bit better. Not too bad though for an entire volume in 60 minutes.

The main things they needed to get out are there, though the animation was lackluster at points. Reading their situation vs watching/listening to them living it, feels so much different. This made me realize just how much shittier the Yotsuba's situation is than I thought it was while reading.
Jan 29, 2022 5:04 PM

Oct 2010
Tatsuya and Miyuki backstory is sweet.
Rest is atrocious. Too many thing both 'borrowed' and inconsistent with the main series(due to 'cuts').
We get Regrowth, but we do not get it's backfire. Kazama is sucking to Tatsuya for no explained reason. Tatsuya gets military CAD designs without questions. Both Decomposition and Material Burst fully developed. So rare Regrowth is cast left and right on random dudes.
Attackers make no sense like creators just needed someone to be killed by Tatsuya.
Honami is poorly developed and just there to suicide. Only value is clarifying Minami's situation a bit.

I.e. I get strong 'better go read VN' vibes from it.
Feb 16, 2022 4:13 PM

Jun 2021
It was delightful to watch this, the animation was great and some secrets about Tatsuya and Miyuki were revealed :3
Feb 17, 2022 3:21 PM

Feb 2010
miyuki was so wonderfull!!!

cant wait to another season :)

5/5
Feb 20, 2022 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
It was a good OVA. Good to know how Miyuki and Tatsuya's relationship began before the main story. And at a young age, Tatsuya was able to destroy a damn fleet of enemy ships which is satisfying. It was also tells how he became to be. It was really sad Honami died and chose death to be free... I think I remember reading somewhere on wiki about her faith years ago.

Also, young Miyuki is so much cuter back then.

Looking forward to the new season.
Mar 1, 2022 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
I used to like this anime but after watching this I kinda felt like "Why did I like this show again ?"

I mean the backstory is okay but there were so many things that I thought was bullcrap, like how a military guy pick a fight with a kid just she accidently bumped into him !!? Don't matter if it's American or Japanese, that's just absurd
Mar 28, 2022 1:57 AM

Sep 2018
Very good, great backstory for the siblings and answers some questions that have been lingering, like how Tatsuya was molded into the person he is today.

Hated the whole thing with Honami though, her wanting to die instead of being saved by Tatsuya, seemed very forced and unnecessary, and the reasoning was very weak. Spent her whole life as a weapon body guarding someone, finally does something of her own accord once and now feels accomplished enough to give her life up, seemingly not caring about Miyuki or Tatsusi, and dying as a "human", etc. Yeah, nah, it doesn't sit right with me lol...

8/10 though, like the rest of the series. Miyuki hating on her bro was quite satisfying to watch XD
Apr 22, 2022 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
Man I just marathoned the whole series from the very beginning to the end of this movie. I cried. I could handle little Miyuki she's too adorable and man what a rush. Disturbing scenes, intense remorse and regret, loss and true feeling of love... Wow it's hard to top what she feels for him. Wow..

Apr 28, 2022 11:32 AM

Mar 2019
Really glad to see Tsuioku-hen adapted, shows that mahouka can still be good, even after that 2nd season, so I'm really waiting for season 3, hopefully the date will be announced soon and after that spin-off, seeing Tatsuya and Miyuki look normal feels much better.

As for the plot, we got a lot of background to the two and finally the reason why Tatsuya is a "defective magician/brother" and also why he got such a low score in the practical exam. Sadly, nothing about the Yotsuba family itself and why those 2 left and went to school and why Miyuki keeps saying that she never wants to go back there.

Was somewhat disappointed to see the moment when Miyuki started calling him "Onii-sama", I was expecting something better than just waking up and suddenly doing it.

Also something that really surprised me were Kazama and Sanada, I didn't expect to see them. Seems like that's how Tatsuya met them. Always liked that special force in the first season and I'm glad to see those two again. Supposedly, that special force wasn't a thing back then.

Ofc there was also a sad part in this special with Honami's death. She was nice, I really liked her and the new girl can't compare with her even if she looks somewhat similar.

Nice special, kind of felt like a movie which is probably what they were going for.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 3, 2022 2:28 PM

Jun 2015
Awesome. Just found this on cruncy and im loving it!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 4, 2022 5:38 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring movie. If you already know that Tatsuya will always win, then it's really not hard to predict everything that will happen.
Aug 5, 2023 3:02 PM
Jun 2023
La vi entre la temp1 y 2 y la tendria que haver visto al final
Aug 21, 2023 1:17 PM

Nov 2010
Whoever their dad is, he's one lucky bastard for being able to have sex and impregnate a MILF like Miya. I wish I could screw her as well!

I guess Tatsuya became a Gary Stu because of that artificial magic calculation area and losing all but one of his emotions. However, it's still weird that they treat him like that even though his combat performance far exceeds natural-born magicians like Miya, who died so easily from gunfire. It doesn't make sense unless these magicians don't value combat performance.

I will never understand Honami's decision of "dying as a human" There's nothing special to being human in the first place. She should be proud as an augmented magician instead!

That's how Miyuki developed her wincest feelings for Tatsuya, first from his combat prowess and finally when he resurrected her. That's cool, I guess. Wincest FTW!

I wonder how sexy Miya died within those four years. What a waste of fine meat!
Sep 2, 2023 5:46 AM
Aug 2022
Tatsuya is a bada$$ even in his middle school year
Mar 2, 12:01 PM

Jul 2008
LOVED IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watch order ?

xnub - Aug 25, 2023

7 by xnub »»
Aug 28, 2023 11:42 PM

» Can you watch this before the series?

Geeljire - Jan 1, 2022

9 by xnub »»
Aug 25, 2023 1:33 AM

» Those LJNs should have adapted this just after or close to the first season when Mahouka was still fresh.

removed-user - Jan 23, 2022

2 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 23, 2022 12:50 PM

» Why Miyuki's mama.. (SPOILER)

sakkyun - Jan 1, 2022

16 by sakkyun »»
Jan 23, 2022 6:33 AM

» Release online

Natsusama98 - Dec 30, 2021

2 by XO2HKIM »»
Dec 31, 2021 9:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.