Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2021 8:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
LMAO the crossdressing, and Angel Beats character with the OP playing at the end omg!!

Just like Isekai Quartet that was a really fun crossover chibi with a lot of anime I love, so really happy to see most of these characters again (and also the original OSTs playing) 7/10
Dec 28, 2021 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
The carnival comes to an end...and wow LOLS the male protag leads all went Miss. Cosplay.

What a gruelling fight onto the end.

Lovely short though.
Dec 28, 2021 8:45 AM

May 2018
Honestly a bad crossover. It lacks all of the humour that the original series' had and the characters interact really awkwardly here. Simply put this was not funny at all. It's a shame because I really liked clannad, angel beats, air, kanon etc. on their own.

3/10
Dec 28, 2021 8:48 AM

Sep 2009
I burst out laughing when the Angel Beats gang showed up. So much for it just being the VN characters.
Dec 28, 2021 8:52 AM

Nov 2019
The amount of references in those few shots between the cosplay and winner declaration showing Akiko and Sanae was what I was waiting for the whole season. The cosplay itself was amazing and the Angel Beats was amazing. S2 is announced thankfully
Dec 28, 2021 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
So many fourth wall break.
I loved these chibis.
Dec 28, 2021 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
Yurippe and My Soul, Your Beats! intro 😭😭😂
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 28, 2021 9:10 AM

Dec 2019
I'm definitely sad, mad and upset with MAL now.

How is it possible that ANGEL BEATS is not in the relations list of the anime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/48775
?

The end is totally related to ANGEL BEATS, it has it's piano music and two characters, MAL should not have missed this one.
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Dec 28, 2021 9:14 AM

May 2021
I was wondering why angel Beats hadn't entered throughout the season, it finally came unexpectedly.
Finally kaginado ends, I haven't watched all key anime but the few I have watched were masterpiece. Kaginado was good way to return. A 8/10 for me
Dec 28, 2021 9:14 AM

Jul 2016
Man, I can't begin to describe how much joy I got from getting to see Clannad characters again in something modern, but I wasn't expecting them to deliver this hard on all the Key references too. I mean I know it's literally Isekai Quartet-styled Key bonanza, but I still didn't think they'd have this much fun with the references.

And lmao I can't think of a flashier way to tease Angel Beats fans than that ending. Can't wait for Season 2!
FarCriticalDec 28, 2021 9:21 AM
Dec 28, 2021 9:18 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, they boys got really into it.

This was a blast and I'm hyped for S2 with the Angel Beats cast. Perhaps, Charlotte and Kamisama ni Natta Hi folks will join the spectacle ad well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 28, 2021 9:40 AM

Sep 2009
hacker09 said:
I'm definitely sad, mad and upset with MAL now.

How is it possible that ANGEL BEATS is not in the relations list of the anime
https://myanimelist.net/anime/48775
?

The end is totally related to ANGEL BEATS, it has it's piano music and two characters, MAL should not have missed this one.

because it's literally just aired and this is the first time we saw them. How are the MAL mod supposed to know if they were in it. Just put in a request to add angel beats to the relationships.
Dec 28, 2021 9:43 AM

Dec 2019
FarCritical said:
Man, I can't begin to describe how much joy I got from getting to see Clannad characters again in something modern, but I wasn't expecting them to deliver this hard on all the Key references too. I mean I know it's literally Isekai Quartet-styled Key bonanza, but I still didn't think they'd have this much fun with the references.

And lmao I can't think of a flashier way to tease Angel Beats fans than that ending. Can't wait for Season 2!

Was there anything ever officially said about a second season for Angel Beats?
Because I really wish you are right and this is "officially" true!

@komic
Oh, you are totally right hahaha, I got too hyped and forgot that it just got released now hahah, sorry.

Dec 28, 2021 9:47 AM

May 2020
Will have to rewatch the whole thing someday, but still that Angel beats OP in the end was atleast something i immediately recognized.
Dec 28, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2020
hacker09 said:
FarCritical said:

@komic
Oh, you are totally right hahaha, I got too hyped and forgot that it just got released now hahah, sorry.

It was confirmed on twitter! https://twitter.com/kaginado/status/1475861609533050882

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Dec 28, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2019
@triplepsycho

Thanks, but I was referring to an Angel Beats only second season, not a Kaginado second season.

Dec 28, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2020
hacker09 said:
@triplepsycho

Thanks, but I was referring to an Angel Beats only second season, not a Kaginado second season.

Oh, I see! That's probably not going to happen unfortunately. If they do announce anything else, it will probably be a Summer Pockets anime.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Dec 28, 2021 10:01 AM
Jul 2014
Byniavo said:
Honestly a bad crossover. It lacks all of the humour that the original series' had and the characters interact really awkwardly here. Simply put this was not funny at all. It's a shame because I really liked clannad, angel beats, air, kanon etc. on their own.

3/10

That's a lot of writing for "I have no sense of humour."
Dec 28, 2021 10:03 AM

Jul 2016
hacker09 said:
FarCritical said:

Oh yeah, my bad. The way I worded it makes it sound like Angel Beats were getting a second season, and while that'd be cool too, I meant couldn't wait for Kaginado's Season 2.

But hey, with Key celebrating itself with something as ambitious as a crossover, who knows, right?

triplepsycho said:

Oh, I see! That's probably not going to happen unfortunately. If they do announce anything else, it will probably be a Summer Pockets anime.

That'd be pretty hype too ngl
Dec 28, 2021 10:05 AM
Jul 2014
Man, Kaginado was great, and whoever the sad munters are who dropped the rating that heavily are pathetic. Season 2 is gonna be a blast but I hope they give some more time to characters they barely touched this season.

Sunohara is great, but do we really need 10 of 12 episodes to contain him while Nagisa, Kotomi and Tomoyo barely got anything meaningful in 12 episodes?
Dec 28, 2021 10:17 AM

Dec 2019
@FarCritical

Got it.
No problem.

A second Angel Beats season would be wonderful.

At least I hope that the second kaginado season is almost a cute chibi copy of everything that happened in Angel Beats, that would the wonderful.

Dec 28, 2021 11:12 AM
Mar 2021
I love the crossdressing and Angel beats at the end of episode
Dec 28, 2021 11:44 AM

Sep 2011
komic said:
I burst out laughing when the Angel Beats gang showed up. So much for it just being the VN characters.

Well, Angel Beats does have a visual novel, hence their inclusion.

Dec 28, 2021 12:10 PM

Feb 2019
@vphonasa Something had felt like it was missing and at the start, I realised Angel beats was missing, then the end happened :P
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Dec 28, 2021 1:01 PM
Mar 2021
Tbh.. this show is actually jokes...solid 7/10
Dec 28, 2021 1:18 PM

Feb 2007
What a way to end it... And destroy it they did. :D
Dec 28, 2021 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
This was a fun crossover series, and the surprise appearance of the Angel Beats cast to round this first cour off was a real pleasant surprise to end on.

6/10, would've been a 7/10 if not for the Rewrite stuff going over my head entirely
AtavisticDec 28, 2021 3:19 PM
Dec 28, 2021 3:02 PM

Aug 2014
This was a fun anime for what it was. If you have seen most of the animes, then you should definitely enjoy Kaginado for what it is.
Dec 28, 2021 3:07 PM

May 2018
Damolisher said:
Byniavo said:

3/10

nah you just don't have a funny bone in your body bro
Dec 28, 2021 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
my main source of enjoyment this series are the Kanon and AIR characters, and this show did not disappoint. Just seeing Makoto and Misuzu several times again made it worth watching. Liked the fanservice swimsuit episode, the episode where Yukito puppet got trashed (lol), and the episode where Akiko was wearing a school uniform. I want more.

8/10
Dec 28, 2021 4:01 PM
Jul 2014
Byniavo said:
Damolisher said:

Yes, that's exactly how it works. I laughed at comedy, so I don't have a funny bone in my body while you, someone who felt the need to come in here and shit in everyone's cereal do. Genius.
Dec 28, 2021 4:12 PM
Oct 2019
Ok, this final was good and made the entire 12ep make sense!

I even raised my score for this show

Congrats
Dec 28, 2021 4:15 PM

Sep 2012
yessss, i knew that narration at the start was otonashi.
all the references are great..!! really fun season with angel beats gang coming at the end

and season 2 is confirmed which mean more fun is coming
Dec 28, 2021 5:27 PM
Jun 2020
I was wondering why it felt like something was missing. It was Angel Beats :D
Dec 28, 2021 5:47 PM

Jan 2012
I thought they forgot about Angel Beats
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 28, 2021 7:05 PM

Mar 2020
Yeey finally we could see Angel Beats characters!!!

I think it was an OK cross-over (Kaginado). If it had 20 minutes/ep might have been a lot better imo.

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa
Dec 28, 2021 10:10 PM
Mar 2019
Maybe It's Because I Forgot About The Original Characters And Their Interactions After So Long.
Personally I Just Did Not Laugh Or Smile Once In All 12 Episodes, I Really Did Like Isekai Quartet Though.
Cannot See Myself Going Back To Watch The Originals (Except Angel Beats Which I Already Have Twice) Just For This Short Anime To Make Sense.
Just My Opinion.
Dec 29, 2021 2:04 AM

May 2018
Damolisher said:
Byniavo said:

Yes, that's exactly how it works. I laughed at comedy, so I don't have a funny bone in my body while you, someone who felt the need to come in here and shit in everyone's cereal do. Genius.

Yes that's exactly how it works and your opinion is trash. It doesn't take a genius to realise the 'comedy' here is utterly subpar and distasteful compared to the parent shows.
Dec 29, 2021 4:46 AM

Feb 2014
It was a short run, but I felt satisfied with Kaginado and the final episode itself was pretty good, too. Mio is a nother reason why you should be wary of the quiet ones, as she got some of the male characters cross-dressing on stage. XD

The one thing that did make me happy is the last minute appearance of Hinata and Yuri from Angel Beats. Not just that, but a second season coming next April is a nice bonus as well. I look forward to seeing that.

7/10 is my final score.
Dec 29, 2021 5:59 AM

May 2021
Great final episode! We got to see some crossdressing xD. Angel beats as well!

Been a funny short series and I enjoyed watching it! We are getting season 2 also!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 29, 2021 6:45 AM

Mar 2018
Love the Angel Beats characters and that beauty contest, very fun final episode.
Dec 29, 2021 7:20 AM

Apr 2020
To end off this festival arc and the season...is the Mister "Miss" Kaginado contest. The contest was ok and I love that Riki had the "balls" to come in, but in the end a nobody won the contest.....I am surprised though of seeing Yuri Nakamura here!

Too bad the episode cut off as the OP was just playing, god I love the song and the anime (I haven't watched AB though). And with that, the end of Cour 1 (cus we're apparently getting Cour 2 in Spring, another case of a split-cour). If I did watch all the anime plus Angel Beats, I would've put this as a 10/10. But as a stand-alone watch, I think it's aight.
Dec 29, 2021 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Nice to see Angel Beats Slide in. Can't wait for season 2.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 29, 2021 11:47 AM
Jul 2014
Byniavo said:
Damolisher said:

Yes that's exactly how it works and your opinion is trash. It doesn't take a genius to realise the 'comedy' here is utterly subpar and distasteful compared to the parent shows.

Imagine being this much of a triggered whiny tosser because a show made some jokes he didn't like and you got called because YOUR taste is shit.

"Distasteful." Harden up, wuss.
Dec 29, 2021 12:19 PM

May 2018
Damolisher said:
Byniavo said:

Imagine being this much of a triggered whiny tosser because a show made some jokes he didn't like and you got called because YOUR taste is shit.

"Distasteful." Harden up, wuss.

The only person whining here is you buddy; no one forced you to rage like an idiot in response to my first post after all. No amount of capital letter words and quotation marks will stop your opinions from being trash.

Making fun of character deaths and spoiling the endings to all the series' is distasteful to the word and is objectively not funny. But I'm sure your rage clouded eyes and tiny brain will not be able to understand what the word distasteful even means.
Dec 29, 2021 12:41 PM

Feb 2016
Byniavo said:
Making fun of character deaths and spoiling the endings to all the series' is distasteful to the word and is objectively not funny.

Do yourself a favor and never ever watch another chibi parody.
その目だれの目?
Dec 29, 2021 1:23 PM

Aug 2018
well... that's over. I laughed a few times. Took long enough for Fuko to make an appearance. Overall I think the Little Busters gang stole the show but that's not really surprising to me as I've always thought they're the most charismatic group of all Key franchises.

Also @Byniavo I sort of understand where you're coming from. Making light of some of these tragic stories might seem distasteful but it's cathartic in a way too.
Dec 29, 2021 2:40 PM

May 2018
epidemia78 said:
well... that's over. I laughed a few times. Took long enough for Fuko to make an appearance. Overall I think the Little Busters gang stole the show but that's not really surprising to me as I've always thought they're the most charismatic group of all Key franchises.

Also @Byniavo I sort of understand where you're coming from. Making light of some of these tragic stories might seem distasteful but it's cathartic in a way too.

Maybe so but I won't be able to see the deaths in the same way again.
Dec 29, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2018
Lucifrost said:
Byniavo said:
Making fun of character deaths and spoiling the endings to all the series' is distasteful to the word and is objectively not funny.

Do yourself a favor and never ever watch another chibi parody.

Do yourself a favour and watch something actually funny. Maybe you'll learn what humour is after watching Saiki K.
Dec 29, 2021 2:45 PM

Aug 2018
Byniavo said:
epidemia78 said:

Maybe so but I won't be able to see the deaths in the same way again.

Really? Wow... Nothing anyone says or does can ever change my feelings towards Clannad and Little Busters. Especially not this silly little parody show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaginado Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2021

22 by sharosharo »»
Jan 12, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Episode 10 Discussion

oooo3333 - Dec 14, 2021

24 by sharosharo »»
Jan 12, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2021

27 by sharosharo »»
Jan 12, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Episode 8 Discussion

Atavistic - Nov 30, 2021

19 by sharosharo »»
Jan 12, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Kaginado Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Nov 23, 2021

35 by sharosharo »»
Jan 12, 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.