New
Dec 23, 2021 9:36 PM

Sep 2021
please end my suffering
SSJ4ABDDec 5, 2022 10:51 AM

Dec 23, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2021
Imo, while shows that almost never kill important characters
are nice and all, they just get boring. There are so many of those. They just get kinda predictable. While those shows are more enjoyable than some well-written dark shows while you’re watching if they know how to do hype right (like Bleach, for example, was very enjoyable to watch), when you reflect back on it, it’s just kinda empty. I rate my anime and favorites mainly based on a combo of how much I enjoyed watching it, what I get out of reflecting on it (especially over months at least), and how well-written (realistic) the characters are. I prefer a realistic anime over an unrealistic one. And I don’t just like depression or some shit like that lol, a bad anime can be happy or dark. Like Plastic Memories, I rated that a 4. Im ngl, it was pretty enjoyable to watch but just bad. The concept and plot were nice. But the characters were textbook tropes, the humor was most subpar, and most of the characters were unlikeable. The ending redeemed it enough so that it didn’t get a 3 though because it was actually executed nicely although the main character has the personality of a piece of blank paper
Dec 23, 2021 10:08 PM

Sep 2021
Kelly32723 said:
are nice and all, they just get boring. There are so many of those. They just get kinda predictable. While those shows are more enjoyable than some well-written dark shows while you’re watching if they know how to do hype right (like Bleach, for example, was very enjoyable to watch), when you reflect back on it, it’s just kinda empty. I rate my anime and favorites mainly based on a combo of how much I enjoyed watching it, what I get out of reflecting on it (especially over months at least), and how well-written (realistic) the characters are. I prefer a realistic anime over an unrealistic one. And I don’t just like depression or some shit like that lol, a bad anime can be happy or dark. Like Plastic Memories, I rated that a 4. Im ngl, it was pretty enjoyable to watch but just bad. The concept and plot were nice. But the characters were textbook tropes, the humor was most subpar, and most of the characters were unlikeable. The ending redeemed it enough so that it didn’t get a 3 though because it was actually executed nicely although the main character has the personality of a piece of blank paper

This was way too dark, some relatively better dark shows are Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, The Garden of Sinners and maybe even Fate. But ultimately it's all fiction, designed purely for the entertainment of divergent minds, so it all narrows down to preference. Also Plastic Memories only had a good plot and it wasn't the least bit desolate.

Dec 23, 2021 10:12 PM
Jul 2021
SSJ4ABD said:
Kelly32723 said:

This was way too dark, some relatively better dark shows are Tokyo Ghoul, Death Note, The Garden of Sinners and maybe even Fate. But ultimately it's all fiction, designed purely for the entertainment of divergent minds, so it all narrows down to preference. Also Plastic Memories only had a good plot and it wasn't the least bit desolate.

Plastic Memories is pretty sad imo (nowhere near the saddest anime though), but yeah, I agree. Besides the plot and the ending, it was pretty objectively horrible
Dec 23, 2021 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t think Perfect Blue is suppose to make too much sense, it’s open a bit for interpretation, which imo makes it terrifying and relevant till this day. I can understand some of your statements but then again, how you feel is “your opinion” and how others feel is of course different or maybe the same.

Btw if you’re looking for a few shows to make you forget about some irl problems, try Clannad+Clannad After story, Neon genesis Evangelion+The End of Evangelion Movie and Anohana and maybe if you’re feeling it for something different Devilman Crybaby , I think you’ll like them!
Dec 23, 2021 10:16 PM

Sep 2021
ApolloCloud said:
I don’t think Perfect Blue is suppose to make too much sense, it’s open a bit for interpretation, which imo makes it terrifying and relevant till this day. I can understand some of your statements but then again, how you feel is “your opinion” and how others feel is of course different or maybe the same.

Btw if you’re looking for a few shows to make you forget about some irl problems, try Clannad+Clannad After story, Neon genesis Evangelion+The End of Evangelion Movie and Anohana and maybe if you’re feeling it for something different Devilman Crybaby , I think you’ll like them!
I don't really have IRL problems, I was just trying to make a point about how watching entertainment is a way to relax after a long day for most people. But thanks for the suggestions 😅

Dec 23, 2021 11:53 PM
Jan 2021
SSJ4ABD said:
This movie was fucking shit to say the least. Just because it reminded me of reality, rather than what we see in most shows today. This movie introduces a horrifying physiological experience, adult themes and most importantly how society, no, rather how humans really think and act (pure scum). There was no real cliché 'happy ending' either. Nowadays every piece of fiction contains a pre-built escape for the protagonist, which easily provides them with their perfect verdict. However in this, we can actually feel the struggles of the main character along with her traumas and what not. In the ending as she states
, personally I sensed remorse, pain, aversion, a strange change in her tone along with her expression and an unnatural and bland smile, further indicating there was no ending, literally. This movie also lacked some amount of explanation, but it doesn’t personally bother me. What I’m trying to get at is: I do not need to be reminded of how cruel and hysterical this world is when I’m trying to relax and get my mind off my actual bothersome troubles.

All that aside, let me talk about how retarded the main character really was. Firstly, if you even slightly suspect a discomforting gaze, you seek aid immediately. Secondly, if you can’t tell the difference between reality and hallucinations of sorts, you prioritize therapy. Finally, the fact that she risked her own life to save the mastermind behind making her go through pure hell (even if she was mentally unstable). Letting her commit suicide would have eased the situation a ton. Personally I would have preferred to run her over twice or thrice and maybe a fourth time for my personal entertainment.

Dark plots are only good when provided with satisfactory endings (for me). Another thing is that only lunatics enjoy such shows which envelop every character in despair and illustrate Satan's wish upon humanity. But in the end this movie was never made for the youth in the first place, so maybe I’m just blabbering and looking too into it.

Thank you, I totally agree! This movie is very bad
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Dec 24, 2021 12:06 AM
Oct 2021
SSJ4ABD said:
This movie was fucking shit to say the least. Just because it reminded me of reality, rather than what we see in most shows today. This movie introduces a horrifying physiological experience, adult themes and most importantly how society, no, rather how humans really think and act (pure scum). There was no real cliché 'happy ending' either. Nowadays every piece of fiction contains a pre-built escape for the protagonist, which easily provides them with their perfect verdict. However in this, we can actually feel the struggles of the main character along with her traumas and what not. In the ending as she states
, personally I sensed remorse, pain, aversion, a strange change in her tone along with her expression and an unnatural and bland smile, further indicating there was no ending, literally. This movie also lacked some amount of explanation, but it doesn’t personally bother me. What I’m trying to get at is: I do not need to be reminded of how cruel and hysterical this world is when I’m trying to relax and get my mind off my actual bothersome troubles.

All that aside, let me talk about how retarded the main character really was. Firstly, if you even slightly suspect a discomforting gaze, you seek aid immediately. Secondly, if you can’t tell the difference between reality and hallucinations of sorts, you prioritize therapy. Finally, the fact that she risked her own life to save the mastermind behind making her go through pure hell (even if she was mentally unstable). Letting her commit suicide would have eased the situation a ton. Personally I would have preferred to run her over twice or thrice and maybe a fourth time for my personal entertainment.

Dark plots are only good when provided with satisfactory endings (for me). Another thing is that only lunatics enjoy such shows which envelop every character in despair and illustrate Satan's wish upon humanity. But in the end this movie was never made for the youth in the first place, so maybe I’m just blabbering and looking too into it.
okay Jesus Christ there's so much to unpack here but I'll try to be as nice as possible despite my frustration. Firstly, when humans are scared they don't make the most rational decisions. Secondly just because a show mirrors reality doesn't make it "shit". I think you may have forgotten that anime isn't just "entertainment" it's ART. Thirdly as someone who is being treated for schizophrenia I relate to this movie HEAVILY. Specifically the merging of reality and delusion. As someone who experienced this, WHY WOULD YOU PRIORITIZE THERAPY. Someone who is mentally ill, especially schizophrenia, could be so deep into their delusions everything seems normal to them, why would she prioritize therapy especially if she is in denial over what is occurring to her????
Dec 24, 2021 12:29 AM

Sep 2021
Zech55555 said:
SSJ4ABD said:

okay Jesus Christ there's so much to unpack here but I'll try to be as nice as possible despite my frustration. Firstly, when humans are scared they don't make the most rational decisions. Secondly just because a show mirrors reality doesn't make it "shit". I think you may have forgotten that anime isn't just "entertainment" it's ART. Thirdly as someone who is being treated for schizophrenia I relate to this movie HEAVILY. Specifically the merging of reality and delusion. As someone who experienced this, WHY WOULD YOU PRIORITIZE THERAPY. Someone who is mentally ill, especially schizophrenia, could be so deep into their delusions everything seems normal to them, why would she prioritize therapy especially if she is in denial over what is occurring to her????
I'm not going to argue with you as you clearly understand more, (respectfully). Hope you overcome your schizophrenia. But in spite all that this movie was really nerve racking to watch.

Dec 24, 2021 12:46 AM
Oct 2021
SSJ4ABD said:
Zech55555 said:
I'm not going to argue with you as you clearly understand more, (respectfully). Hope you overcome your schizophrenia. But in spite all that this movie was really nerve racking to watch.
sorry for coming off as harsh, thank you tho, at the end of the day everyone has their own opinions
Dec 25, 2021 1:17 AM
Mar 2021
ApolloCloud said:

Dude, NGE and eoe does not make u forget about your real life problems. The whole point and major theme of the show is dealing with your problems and to not run away from them.
Dec 25, 2021 3:03 AM
Jul 2018
24846 said:
ApolloCloud said:

Dude, NGE and eoe does not make u forget about your real life problems. The whole point and major theme of the show is dealing with your problems and to not run away from them.

Yes I was joking dude…but yeah maybe I was too sarcastic
Feb 4, 2022 4:38 AM
Mar 2021
ApolloCloud said:
24846 said:

Yes I was joking dude…but yeah maybe I was too sarcastic
oh, it’s just that some of the ones u mentioned (clanned) I could see it being not sarcastic. My bad
Apr 18, 2022 7:38 PM

May 2016
SSJ4ABD said:

I mean… cool….? Just don’t watch psychological and dark stories then? Not sure why you’re calling people lunatics who enjoy shows like this.
Reshiram_IXApr 18, 2022 7:42 PM
Apr 19, 2022 1:28 AM

Sep 2021
Reshiram_IX said:
] I mean… cool….? Just don’t watch psychological and dark stories then? Not sure why you’re calling people lunatics who enjoy shows like this.
i changed my mind, ignore this thread 🤫

Feb 14, 2023 11:37 AM
Jan 2021
Kelly32723 said:
what movie did u watch?..
Where was the humour?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Perfect Blue Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aero - Jul 18, 2009

349 by TeeDeeHeeHee »»
May 11, 12:32 PM

» Few confusing that i don't understand HELP ME, if you didn't watched it plz go away I'm sure it be fully spoilers

MadSonic - Feb 18

22 by watsym »»
Apr 30, 7:14 AM

» Great movie... but suffered through the entire thing

BustedBayou - Jan 4

17 by Feitan_exe »»
Mar 1, 10:29 PM

» Confused

R1NN_ - Jul 4, 2023

22 by HansDevX »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:20 PM

» Recommendations like this movie with THOSE scenes

SadikTD - Apr 30, 2023

8 by arrianne311 »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.