Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2021 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Just as I had expected, the finale threw in all the action it could. We got the Muv-Luv mech style combat with a lot of shouting lol

Kinda sad not everyone makes it through this episode but hey, it wasn't a jobber type of death. I got mixed feelings on the finale being that it felt anticlimactic overall. And there's also a second season coming...
Dec 22, 2021 8:45 AM
Oct 2020
The good:
-Shitgiri is finally dead. Yay!

The bad
-The ed
-CIA doing CIA things
-Walken died a hero's death. God bless you Walken
-Meiya's shaking is literally just a picture dragged up and down
-Every other 2d parts
Dec 22, 2021 8:49 AM
May 2016
Hmmm wonder what significance that glowing tube has....
Dec 22, 2021 8:51 AM
Nov 2014
We're still sticking to the LN VN (EDIT: Imma dumbass) plot, so we're good!

We're waiting nine months for season two, which I think is just perfect to forget all the (visual) imprerfections of season 1 and suffer through them all again this time next year! (No, seriously, what the hell was that Meiya.)

No, honestly, I'm going to repeat myself - plotwise it's good, animationwise please save us all. 7.54/10 (on my weighed scale).
TranslatorPSDec 22, 2021 10:48 AM
Dec 22, 2021 9:57 AM
Feb 2015
dailybread said:
The good:
-Shitgiri is finally dead. Yay!

The bad
-The ed
-CIA doing CIA things
-Walken died a hero's death. God bless you Walken
-Meiya's shaking is literally just a picture dragged up and down
-Every other 2d parts

At least Sagiri killed the guy who screwed Walken, so that's a good for me.
In the end, it's the politicians who do all the behind the scenes and the soldiers who all die on the front.
Sagiri is another victim of this politics war, he took the role knowing that he's being manipulated by America, Japan and well...Yuuko.
Yuuko had Sakon play the role in all this just to thwart Alternative V supporters in Japan and gain the XG-70.
ixarisingDec 22, 2021 10:00 AM
Dec 22, 2021 10:10 AM
Dec 2021
Do you know what was price for xg-70
Dec 22, 2021 10:16 AM
Feb 2015
Seeker1995 said:
Do you know what was price for xg-70

Hmm, a civil war & XM3 i suppose.
Wait, should add chomp too just in case.
Dec 22, 2021 10:30 AM

Apr 2018
It was kinda passable, and I think the most important messages Kouki wanted to convey to modern Japan via the coup arc were covered. But man, how I just can't stand the manga-esque depiction of exaggerated emotion and all that shouting. If they keep this style for the rest of the series, it's gonna be such a huge downgrade from the original, which was so solemn and nuanced. Having much more time for detailed and realistic conversation certainly helps the VN, but still it's no excuse for the adaptation to make every line so melodramatic and almost comical. I am still of the opinion that the fact they strictly follows the manga without paying much attention, if at all, to the actual source, shows a huge lack of sincerity.

The second season will definitely get a higher rating than the first if we expect the adaptation to continue in the same way, and the emotional rollercoaster will kinda be there. It will be far from being able to reproduce the wild ride of reading the highest-rated VN of all time though.
Dec 22, 2021 10:34 AM

Jul 2019
And so it finally ended, the episode was fine even if 2d animation was slightly worse than usual.

Overall i enjoyed this season despite the flaws, i'll be waiting for season 2.
Dec 22, 2021 10:36 AM
Oct 2020
Sagiri's voice actor was a master.

Hyped for Sado action on season 2.
Dec 22, 2021 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
Now this is the usual Muv-Luv action I've come to expect, probably the most impressive episodic production done because it's the ending, but not by much.

Too bad that it's all politics and personal grievances that leads to such a conclusion between Japan and US forces, even more so for Takeru's coup.

This finale episode, other than the premiere episode, is one that I can understand what's going on, because it starts and wraps up the story for now in a decent way. The animation is a huge sin on this haphazard production.

As an anime-only, you're definitely missing out on Muv-Luv's lore, that's the summary and gist of it being so confused. Not sure if I'll follow Season 2 in Fall next year, but we'll see (though I will do so to see if it improves, especially the horrid animation).
Dec 22, 2021 11:37 AM
May 2013
You know this adaption is bad when Sumika gets more screen time than most characters.

It's so rushed and forgettable that I couldn't bring myself to care what happens.
I'm sure they will finish the adaptation in the next season with 12 episodes.
Dec 22, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
globalism vs nationalism in the face of a common enemy obviously strength in numbers right
Dec 22, 2021 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
Good animation to finish off the season.
I won't be watching the next season. This production doesn't know how to tell a coherent story.
Dec 22, 2021 1:43 PM

Apr 2019

welp, 2 perfect 4 me.
Dec 22, 2021 1:53 PM
Jul 2019
I don't get, why was Yoroi Mikoto arrested by the UN Military Police?

So, what kind of shady deals were Yuuko and Sakon were involved????
Horn_dawg_2019Dec 22, 2021 2:06 PM
Dec 22, 2021 2:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Not a bad final episode, we got some more mecha action which is always nice, and this war against the rebels finally ended with the defeat of Sagiri, and it ended with the main cast becoming official soldiers. I will say I don’t agree with holding the rebels on the same pedestal as the ones that died protecting the shogun, but I did like the shogun’s speech overall.

And as for the anime, I’m brand new to the series with this and I can 100% tell this left a lot to be desired without having played the games. The mecha action was pretty great, but any time it wasn’t happening we were met with a chopped up version of the story from the games paired with not so great art and animation. I will say I did enjoy this anime overall, and I will be watching Season 2 (I’m kinda surprised to hear its announcement lol) but this has definitely made me want to play the games so I can get the story in full and really appreciate this series.

But one thing I’ll definitely always remember is how good the OP and ED are, absolutely love those.
Dec 22, 2021 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
well F for sargent dude or whatever, at least he got the honour salute right at the end. but he didn't have to take America general with him too lmao

anywho overall I have no idea what the flying fuck I just watched. I feel like I got dementia half way through because I can hardly remember what the hell was going on in the 2nd half but oh well, not too concerned. Don't really think I'd check out a 2nd season if there is one. Shame this was apparently a terrible adaptation though

ayo when are these guys gonna fight them Legion again?/10

the_joe said:

welp, 2 perfect 4 me.

tfw ping too high
Dec 22, 2021 5:29 PM
Feb 2015
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
I don't get, why was Yoroi Mikoto arrested by the UN Military Police?

So, what kind of shady deals were Yuuko and Sakon were involved????

Because Sakon is the one who instigated Sagiri to perform the coup. Sakon let Sagiri know a coup is going to happen and ask if Sagiri is okay to let a manipulated puppet who can't control anything start the coup, or will Sagiri himself start the coup and try to salvage it as much as he can.
The rest is as per anime.
Dec 22, 2021 5:54 PM

Feb 2016
Why are Mitsuki and Haruka shown while the shogun empress gives her speech, as if this isn't their 1st appearance in Alternative?
その目だれの目?
Dec 22, 2021 8:44 PM
Feb 2015
Lucifrost said:
Why are Mitsuki and Haruka shown while the shogun empress gives her speech, as if this isn't their 1st appearance in Alternative?

Shogun isn't empress, she's just the Shogun. The Emperor of Japan is another person. The shogun is chosen from a member of the 5 regent family by the emperor.
And this is the first appearance for Haruka.
Dec 22, 2021 9:01 PM
Aug 2020
Came for a show about girls in skin tight suits in mechs fighting aliens.

Got maybe two episodes of that, about 4 of character antics between the MC and his harem and 6 of a civil war arc I could barely follow or care about, though most of it did involve girls in skin tight suits in mechs so I got about half of what I wanted.

5/10
Dec 22, 2021 9:06 PM
Oct 2020
KingGarland said:

Got maybe two episodes of that, about 4 of character antics between the MC and his harem and 6 of a civil war arc I could barely follow or care about, though most of it did involve girls in skin tight suits in mechs so I got about half of what I wanted.

5/10

Not gonna lie. The skinsuit is pretty underwhelming in the anime. No nipples and not transparent.
Dec 22, 2021 10:58 PM

Mar 2015
This anime disappointed me. I wanted more aliens stuff, but it's just boring politics usa vs Japan lol. Hope s2 is better. Still not as awful as 86 season 2 or Takt.
Dec 22, 2021 11:46 PM
Nov 2018
A quick glance at the valkyries in the end shows a new character.
I expect that it's a new story branch, not a direct VN adaptation.
Dec 22, 2021 11:55 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't give a shit for this arc in the VN and I still feel like the impact was done better there. Art and animation could be way better. The aftermath wasn't all bad though.

All around average anime to me. 6/10

Looking forward to the 2nd cour. They have a lot of time so I'm expecting a bit better.

Oh yeah, the exaggerated expression almost made me think this was a cartoon. I hope we're not getting more of those.
Thai777Dec 23, 2021 12:00 AM
Dec 23, 2021 6:43 AM

Jan 2008
LOL, I thought at the end, there won't be 2nd season, glad there will be a second season, and that's Takeru reaction.

Dec 23, 2021 7:06 AM

Nov 2017
I just hope the pacing won't be at sonic speed in the next season
Dec 23, 2021 7:27 AM

Jul 2014
KingGarland said:

5/10

The VN lets you enjoy that :)

Dec 23, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2010
They wrapped up this arc decently.

In the end still a weak adaption of the VN. Its strength is definitely the action scenes.

Also didn't expect S2, but i will be watching.
Dec 24, 2021 2:15 AM

Jun 2021
Meiya's shaking is literally just a picture dragged up and down.

Also, didn't expect s2 will be coming but idk if i will continue to watch. But we'll see.
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it
Dec 24, 2021 6:16 AM
Apr 2016
Look I only knew about this show because of schwarzmarken, was it so wrong of me to expect them to actually fight the BETA beyond the first episode? I really struggled to care about the nationalist rebellion with the thought in the back of my mind that "wow you guys really are wasting resources you should be using to fight the this literal world-ending threat"
DarkcommanderDec 24, 2021 6:25 AM
Dec 24, 2021 8:37 AM
Oct 2020
Darkcommander said:
Look I only knew about this show because of schwarzmarken, was it so wrong of me to expect them to actually fight the BETA beyond the first episode? I really struggled to care about the nationalist rebellion with the thought in the back of my mind that "wow you guys really are wasting resources you should be using to fight the this literal world-ending threat"

Yes, you are absolutely wrong. Muv-Luv trilogy is not about beta. It's supposed to be about takeru's journey as a person from an unlikeable whiny prick to a whiny boy to an actual grown up person. That and his relationship with the other characters (which this anime threw out of the window). If you want BETA, you got SM and the side stories.
Dec 24, 2021 4:56 PM
Feb 2015
Darkcommander said:

Schwarzesmarken isn't even about BETA. It's main plot is more towards freeing East Germany from the Stasi.
Total Eclipse is the same, it's also not about BETA, it's more towards developing new TSF to help improve the chances of victory against the BETA.
Dec 25, 2021 3:32 AM
Mar 2012
just heard, Full OP music even better than tv version.
Rip Walken such a good leader, & rip a bunch others. Sagiri's short backstory kind of explained his motive.
Lots of mysteries left. Which faction did mindcontrol & started civil war? Mikoto got arrested for what?
Yuuko & Yoroi apparently got some plan working.
Show started horrible, mid stayed rushed & confusing, end with better pacing, good mech fights with civil war & interesting factions. Show tried its best to ignore most characterization, maybe four had decent development to have viewers care.
I like schwarzesmarken better, but might watch s2 if the improvements continue.
Dec 26, 2021 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
why yoroi was arrested, shouldn't it be kei instead?
Dec 26, 2021 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
Uh I couldn't get into the characters, I couldn't get into the story, the battles were cool but at the end of the day, the only real episode I enjoyed was the rape and carnage from the beta's attack in episode 1. Strong start to a limped dicked ending.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2021 8:54 PM
Oct 2020
Rasco said:
Uh I couldn't get into the characters, I couldn't get into the story, the battles were cool but at the end of the day, the only real episode I enjoyed was the rape and carnage from the beta's attack in episode 1. Strong start to a limped dicked ending.

You just watched the prologue (kinda).
Dec 27, 2021 1:02 AM
Feb 2015
twonline said:

Kei did nothing why would she be arrested? The letter didn't even indicate it was from Sagiri.
Dec 28, 2021 9:58 AM
May 2016
ixarising said:
twonline said:

Kei did nothing why would she be arrested? The letter didn't even indicate it was from Sagiri.

She could very well be arrested for possessing uninspected letters from outside, but the anime forgot to add the part where some fellow helped getting sagiri's letter directly to ayamine.
Dec 28, 2021 10:21 AM
Apr 2021
lanphung said:
ixarising said:

She could very well be arrested for possessing uninspected letters from outside, but the anime forgot to add the part where some fellow helped getting sagiri's letter directly to ayamine.

Actually it was there for a few seconds, I believe it was in the forest scene though, not quite the same timing as in the VN.

Overall I enjoyed it but definitely for more depth you absolutely have to play the VNs. In a perfect world you would have already played them before coming into the anime. But I know these threads on MAL are meant to be specifically about the anime so here goes...

Sound was good, Music was a bit meh, on the rare occasion they use stuff from the game, cool, nostalgia! The new compositions not so much. Compared to the VN, this has a poor opening credits song and the credits track don't even get me started! Voices, some ok, but Takeru really didn't have the impact needed. Animation, started out a bit rough but it's gotten better over time, which is a bit weird. Plot, unfortunately quite a lot is cut out and ultimately you're far better off playing the VNs.
Dec 29, 2021 2:45 AM

Nov 2012
I hate all that political sh*t, but well, s2 will be better, but Im sill f*cking mad about what BETAS did to Sumika (more with the freaking creator for using hentai sh*t)

My Candies:

Dec 29, 2021 5:38 AM
Oct 2020
knktzvra said:
I hate all that political sh*t, but well, s2 will be better, but Im sill f*cking mad about what BETAS did to Sumika (more with the freaking creator for using hentai sh*t)

Dec 29, 2021 6:40 AM
Feb 2015
knktzvra said:

It's an eroge, so it should have hentai in it.
Dec 29, 2021 6:43 AM
Feb 2015
lanphung said:
ixarising said:

They won't because there'll be lots of hassle later. Are you expecting everyone in the base to be crime free? There's bound to be people doing some behind the scene works like smuggling food, goods or something. They're letting this things go while being aware because it may affect morale. They're always under pressure that the BETA may attack them anytime, it's better to let the people have some freedom even if it's against military rules so long as it's not serious.
Dec 29, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2012
Good adaptation, too bad not it's a not so good standalone without Extra and Unlimited adapted as well.

This is either a 6/10 (if considering it a standalone product) or a 7/10 (just considering a MLA VN adaptation) to me. Very happy they took their time and didn't try rushing through the content like I expected it to do. Could have been an 8 as a standalone product if stuff from the previous two entries were better implemented within the adaptation, but I guess this getting an anime alone is ambitious enough, surprised they even managed to deal with the infodumps decently lol

I'll mix the both of these since this is technically a standalone AND something made for readers of the previous material altogether, so this is getting a 6,5 to me (7 on MAL).
Dec 29, 2021 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
Danpmss said:
Good adaptation, too bad not it's a not so good standalone without Extra and Unlimited adapted as well.

This is either a 6/10 (if considering it a standalone product) or a 7/10 (just considering a MLA VN adaptation) to me. Very happy they took their time and didn't try rushing through the content like I expected it to do. Could have been an 8 as a standalone product if stuff from the previous two entries were better implemented within the adaptation, but I guess this getting an anime alone is ambitious enough, surprised they even managed to deal with the infodumps decently lol

I'll mix the both of these since this is technically a standalone AND something made for readers of the previous material altogether, so this is getting a 6,5 to me (7 on MAL).

Didn't try rushing? Bro they just cut the whole island arc.
Dec 29, 2021 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
OppaiSugoi said:
Danpmss said:

Didn't try rushing? Bro they just cut the whole island arc.

Literally the most trimmable and repetitive part of the experience if you are familiar enough with Unlimited, even the manga cut the whole thing out. Difference being that we actually had an Unlimited manga before Alternative's. Which is the point I was talking about. Even that part wasn't rushed, and instead simply omitted altogether (unfortunately to its own standalone demerits), so the point stands.

No substantial content to MLA's main overarching plot was rushed in this anime. We did have some more standalone trouble with the coup plot (again) because of the absence of Unlimited however, but that's not what something being rushed is defined as. It was kinda confusing at worst more towards ep9 or so, and only then. They took their sweet time covering a bit less than a third of the story in 12 eps (with some contextualizing anime original filler in-between).
DanpmssDec 29, 2021 2:23 PM
Dec 29, 2021 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
ixarising said:
knktzvra said:

It's an eroge, so it should have hentai in it.

Damn, you got me right.

Well, that stuff still tilts me a lot.

My Candies:

Dec 29, 2021 9:30 PM

Nov 2012
dailybread said:
knktzvra said:

Yeah, if you look it on their POV, true, they're just doing their job.

My Candies:

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why fans are OVERREACTING.?

Sandro8604 - Oct 14, 2021

46 by koneroko »»
Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

45 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

44 by MoeMoeKyun »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:44 PM

» There is no Muv Luv Alternative anime ( 1 2 )

OppaiSugoi - Oct 13, 2021

63 by ixarising »»
Oct 8, 2022 11:19 PM

» Do I have to watch the parent story?

Kappejoj - Sep 22, 2021

21 by Animaniaig »»
Oct 6, 2022 9:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.