Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2021 6:04 PM
Aug 2021
Hello , I am planning on watching all fate anime content excluding Kaleid, so I was marking on “Plan to watch” all the franchise entries adapted until now , and I am seriously wondering , why does the franchise always get so many good studios/ animation ? Excluding Deen’s 2006 Fate/Stay night , the main series is all adapted by Ufotable and famous for the god tier animation, even the spin offs like Apocrypha and Last Encore are adapted by A-1 Pictures and Shaft , and for what I have watched it has also very good animation and they are good studios, and then the Grand Order series also have very good animation and mostly being done by CloverWorks , Production IG and their sub studios , so is it just luck that it has all good animation or is there a bigger reason ? Thanks and sorry if the question is stupid :)

Edit: And what I mean by GOOD animation is better than like 90% of anime not just normal..
Dec 6, 2021 6:12 PM
Sep 2021
Because the gatcha game fate go is a thing
They make a shit ton of money from that
I guess
Dec 6, 2021 6:40 PM
Oct 2020
Joche1 said:
Hello , I am planning on watching all fate anime content excluding Kaleid, so I was marking on “Plan to watch” all the franchise entries adapted until now , and I am seriously wondering , why does the franchise always get so many good studios/ animation ? Excluding Deen’s 2006 Fate/Stay night , the main series is all adapted by Ufotable and famous for the god tier animation, even the spin offs like Apocrypha and Last Encore are adapted by A-1 Pictures and Shaft , and for what I have watched it has also very good animation and they are good studios, and then the Grand Order series also have very good animation and mostly being done by CloverWorks , Production IG and their sub studios , so is it just luck that it has all good animation or is there a bigger reason ? Thanks and sorry if the question is stupid :)

Edit: And what I mean by GOOD animation is better than like 90% of anime not just normal..

Good animation is usually a result of Time and Budget. If you have both you will likely have good animation. If you have those two things AND you have talented animators then you will get things like Heavens Feel and Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen (Mappa) etc etc.

I do know that Fate is based on VN’s and games which make a shit ton of money. Could that mean higher budget? Maybe? I’m not sure, but Ufotable’s track record is excellent regardless so its easy to see why its so good.
Dec 6, 2021 7:18 PM
Mar 2016
Ufotable was interested in animating them
Dec 6, 2021 7:49 PM
Dec 2020
The Fate series is a major franchise (games, manga, novels, VNs…), also a long standing brand, as a result generating tons of revenue which enables them to heavily invest in creating higher quality anime, games and etc.
Dec 6, 2021 7:50 PM
Dec 2017
Probably because of the creators having alot of money to spend on high end studioes.

Dec 6, 2021 7:57 PM

Feb 2019
Ufotable is just that good of a studio. The collaboration of TYPE-MOON and Ufotable really contributes to the former IPs popularity. Ever since Kara no Kyoukai Ufotable's anime quality has been godly compared to other studios.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Dec 6, 2021 8:03 PM
Aug 2020
Joche1 said:

because fate is a big franchise
Dec 6, 2021 8:12 PM

Sep 2018
2 main reasons
1. Fate series makes loads of money
2. Ufotable studio is pretty solid in quality animation.
Dec 6, 2021 8:17 PM
Jun 2021
Ufotable is the main reason but the reason Ufotable animates basically everything Stay Night or Kara No Kyoukai related things is probably because they have a good relationship with Type Moon. They even animated the Tsukihime remake openings. Watch them even if you're not interested they're beautiful openings
Dec 6, 2021 8:21 PM

Jun 2016
Because after ufotable got involved every other studio tried to mimic their style when adapting fate.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 6, 2021 8:29 PM
Nov 2020
Joche1 said:

about kaleid, watch the movie. There is no relation to magical girls, and it’s one of the best fates. The first season of kaleid is amazing as well But not if you don’t like loli fights
Dec 6, 2021 8:46 PM
Nov 2020
The reason is because of Ufotable’s talent that they have and because of TYPE-MOON, The other studios do a great job too because of time and TYPE-MOON, but they are also known for working on projects with Ufotable. Ufotable’s animation has been amazing since 2006-2007 with Kara No Kyoukai, which I highly recommend watching, it is also another TYPE-MOON project. Ufotable is also know for animating game cutscenes and trailers.
Dec 6, 2021 8:48 PM
Nov 2020
Theo1899 said:
Because after ufotable got involved every other studio tried to mimic their style when adapting fate.
Nah all those studios have worked with Ufotable and actually are good studios.
Dec 6, 2021 8:58 PM
Jul 2020
Side note: I see you have Oath Under Snow on your watchlist but not Prisma Illya. That’s totally fine, the movie is leagues better than the show it’s attached to and the fact that it’s a prequel means watching the show isn’t really necessary, but you might want to at least read a synopsis of the show before watching the movie so you understand how Prisma Illya’s unique mechanics and world work.
Dec 6, 2021 9:00 PM
Jul 2020
Jontayy said:
Joche1 said:

about kaleid, watch the movie. There is no relation to magical girls, and it’s one of the best fates. The first season of kaleid is amazing as well But not if you don’t like loli fights
I’ve heard the Prisma Illya manga is really good and has way less loli fanservice than the anime, might give it a shot eventually once it ends. But yeah, as it stands the movie is the only part of Prillya worth watching.
Dec 6, 2021 9:02 PM
Nov 2020
Austin_Beale said:
Jontayy said:
I’ve heard the Prisma Illya manga is really good and has way less loli fanservice than the anime, might give it a shot eventually once it ends. But yeah, as it stands the movie is the only part of Prillya worth watching.
i think the first season is worth it too, they are Lolis but it’s so good once you have context from the movie. The first season only has bath scenes as fan service and the fight scenes are hype as fuck
Dec 6, 2021 10:07 PM
May 2021
Cuz it's ufotable and aniplex....
Dec 6, 2021 10:08 PM

Aug 2020
It's because Ufotable aren't like other studios.
They mainly take one work at a time which gives the animators less pressure and they also take time to animate something, resulting an amazing product.
Dec 6, 2021 11:06 PM

Feb 2021
Because of two reasons:
1. Ufotable is also called “Unlimited Budget Works”
2. They evade taxes
Dec 6, 2021 11:13 PM

Nov 2020
Because ufotable really put effort and love into their animation, also type-moon have shit ton of budget 🤭
Dec 7, 2021 12:14 AM

May 2015
Because the games generate a ton of money. The OG VN was the leader in sales back in the 2000's. Fate put Ufotable on the map and they collaborate as part of being on the committee. Anything with Fate/ is typically given some effort. Even stuff like Last Encore was competently made(it's just unfortunate the script/story was bad). Fate is known best for its source materials(games, VN's LN's, manga). The anime are basically thank yous to those that supported it.

Dec 7, 2021 2:18 AM

Feb 2019
Joche1 said:

• The main series is not all adapted by ufotable, by any measure of the word.
  • Said ufotable animation is some of the worst the industry has to offer.
  • Watch Kalied.
  • Read the Visual Novel.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Dec 7, 2021 3:18 AM
Feb 2021
😩 i wish it was more mainstream
Dec 7, 2021 5:05 AM
Jul 2019
Fate grand order is a gacha game. One of the most successful ongoing gacha's. Only recently being overtaken by genshin impact in profits.
Some funding from the gacha whales gets invested into the films.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - III. Spring Song Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Aug 15, 2020

519 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 23, 1:26 AM

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.