Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2021 10:12 AM

Mar 2016
Every thing was on top, studio bind fucking nailed it!! My mind pictured this on cloudy dark forest but this was even better. Nothing else to say here, my expectations on the remaining episodes (back to reality, resolution and departure, novel readers know of what I said) are pretty damn high.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 5, 2021 10:16 AM
Dec 2018
FreezePeach said:
Conceptualhero said:
I have to analyze this episode frame by frame because everything was so intense. Did anyone notice that Rudeus' future sight show him getting his chest punctured by Orsted, but Ruijerd and Eris was quick enough to pull him out of the way?

Perhaps, that indicates a clear weakness of that ability.

The ability is awesome, Rudy's inability to react in time is not weakness of this ability, he is just not good at swordplay yet. Eris didn't pull him, it was all Ruijerd and Ruijerd being better than Rudy at swordplay/reaction is well established.

Orsted is just in different league, demon eye not supposed to put them on equal terms.

Just rewatched the scene! You are right about Ruijerd pulling Rudeus away. I thought it was Eris who pulled Rudeus away while Ruijerd was the one who blocked Orsted's blow.

I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Dec 5, 2021 10:19 AM
Oct 2016
Sometimes things just suddenly happen

Dec 5, 2021 10:19 AM

Sep 2007
I applaud Rudeus getting a shot in that -appeared to- "burn" Orsted's hand but uh yeahhh that guy is so OP it's like he's using cheats (lol)

Anyhow, if this was DBZ, Rudeus' would get powered up by reviving lol.... (well does that technically count as reviving? idk...)

Mannn only 2 eps left...what's gonna happen? NEED MORE SEASONS ANNOUNCED NOW

edit: Also I need to go back and find that ep where Orsted appeared briefly before the whole mana teleportation thing...did he hint at anything back then? I'm intrigued...
IkanoDec 5, 2021 10:22 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 5, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuseishun said:
animejas said:
Episode of the year. I was completely blown away.

The introduction to the episode, the sparring animation and sound effects between Ruijerd and Eris and Ruijerd acknowledging Eris' growth and maturity, the confrontation and the sound design overall between Orsted and the Dead End crew (and how he really emulated fear in a genuinely terrifying manner), the ass-kicking Orsted gave to Ruijerd and Eris, him nearly killing Rudeus, the Man-God convo and even Rudeus' revival at the end with Eris crying her eyes out feeling grateful after not losing the most important person in the world to her (and even feeling shocked that Rudeus after having a hole in his body did not cry or react much despite him nearly dying).

Near perfect episode for me. Completely left me stunned, and it felt like 5 minutes again. That next episode is going to be an emotional rollercoaster like this one. God bless Studio Bind, Manabu Okamoto and everyone involved with this episode and series as a whole.

Plus, some bonus points for the lore being tackled here too to flesh out the whole world and situation nicely.

Was about to say something until I came across your comment LMFAO
Yes, episode of the year, hands down. It even surpassed the best segments of 86 for me, which says a lot lol

I was reacting to the episode on my own YT live stream and holy crap that was a terrifying but thrilling and splendid experience. I admittedly jumped and yelled at that one part where Orsted rushed in to kill Rudeus only for Ruijerd to BARELY intercept him.
Eris crying at the end was not good for my heart, though :'(
@animejas @Ryuseishun you know what?

This episode really, sheer power. Episode of the year, this is one of them. You can hate Mushoku Tensei as a whole but can't deny that Studio Bind and the staff under Manabu Okamoto are SO devoted to their work.

UTTERLY SPEECHLESS.
Dec 5, 2021 10:21 AM

May 2020
godly episode

15 characters thingy......

Dec 5, 2021 10:21 AM
Dec 2017
This was so good. Only thing I was let down by was the Earth Bullet. In the LN you have his inner dialogue, saying that this has to be the greatest one he ever made, MORE spin, MORE power, etc. My favorite scene from the novel.
Maybe I just like the magic explanation too much
Dec 5, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2020
Absolute insanity, one of the best moments of this series all together.
Feb 2015
Maybe a dumb question but why did Rudeus fought back, when Orsted was leaving anyways?

Nov 2016
Great episode, wonder how kingmetsu will compete and who gonna break the internet
Dec 5, 2021 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
Nice animation, though I was ultimately only whelmed by this episode. It's a whole bunch of setup that I'll experience later but for now, it's just another mystery ball.
Dec 5, 2021 10:28 AM

Jul 2017
KANLen09 said:
Ryuseishun said:

Was about to say something until I came across your comment LMFAO
Yes, episode of the year, hands down. It even surpassed the best segments of 86 for me, which says a lot lol

I was reacting to the episode on my own YT live stream and holy crap that was a terrifying but thrilling and splendid experience. I admittedly jumped and yelled at that one part where Orsted rushed in to kill Rudeus only for Ruijerd to BARELY intercept him.
Eris crying at the end was not good for my heart, though :'(
@animejas @Ryuseishun you know what?

This episode really, sheer power. Episode of the year, this is one of them. You can hate Mushoku Tensei as a whole but can't deny that Studio Bind and the staff under Manabu Okamoto are SO devoted to their work.

UTTERLY SPEECHLESS.

Not only was this such an awesome episode in the short term and made Orsted look like the most badass character of the year with just 10 minutes of screentime (including the first cour when he stared down a dragon and the dragon ran away in Episode 8 on top of everything this episode), but this episode set up so many things too for the long-term with tons of lore building as well and made 20 episodes so far, just feel like it's barely scratching the surface with the story and world as a whole. Unlike one-time great episodes that were hyped up for its action and animation alone and then the show cools off for a while after, this episode is going to be a relevant one for a long time to come in the whole journey. God I'm so excited for the future stuff in this series.
Dec 5, 2021 10:31 AM
May 2021
Omg episode
10/10
Dec 5, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2019
Very intense. I can't imagine how Eris felt seeing Rudeus like this. At one point I thought there would be at least one death because the situation was so desperate, maybe Ruijerd, so I'm glad they're all alive at the end...
Life is a despicable endurance race
Dec 5, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2020
ok that was so epic
Dec 5, 2021 10:33 AM

Jun 2016
We're finally here. Damn the sakuga in this anime is just another level. I was already impressed by just the sparring scene, but that fight against Orsted had real impact. Tbh, I think it could have been a bit more hyped up if they added more of the dialogue, but I can't really complain.

Going to be very sad if the wait for cour 3 and 4 is long.
Dec 5, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2021
GOD-Tier(pun intended) episode!

A battle going on between the gods. But then why is Oersted in the mortal plane unlike the Human God who has his own dimension? Does he not have his own dimension? And for being a God, and likely MT's strongest character, he is still restricted by curses. Based on his statements, it seems Rudeus getting isekai'd caused some sort of divergence.

Also, lol at Rudeus just casually pinching Eris' breast. He isn't even trying to hide it now.

That last scene almost made me cry. 5/5 episode.

Dec 5, 2021 10:35 AM
Dec 2018
TG_Rising said:
Maybe a dumb question but why did Rudeus fought back, when Orsted was leaving anyways?

He was dying, so I would wager he wanted to retaliate before succumbing to his injuries.
Dec 5, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
peak fiction sadly
Dec 5, 2021 10:41 AM
Nov 2018
TG_Rising said:

LN:
Orsted gave me a glance as I curled up on the ground, hands at my chest, and turned on his heel to leave. I realized he’d let his guard down. Since I’d already received a fatal wound, I hadn’t just been defeated—I was at death’s door. I didn’t know why, even in that state, I was still thinking about trying to fight back. Perhaps it was because, on the edge of my vision, I could see Eris trying to stand up. More likely, it was because I thought that now that this man was sure I was going to die, he was going to finish off the other two as well.
Regardless, I launched a stone cannon at him.

"So anyway, I start blasting".
Dec 5, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
Finally a good episode. Shomething happen in Mushoku, well more than a surprise,
I expect this because is imposible to escape from spoilers.

With more of this and we have something interesting.
Dec 5, 2021 10:55 AM
Oct 2021
Wim said:
haruame said:
I wonder the same thing as Orsted.
Why didn't Rudeus fix his lungs with magic???

He doesn't understand healing magic and how it works and because of this, he can't do it without an incantation.

To use voiceless magic, you need to understand how it works. Things like fire, wind, water, and earth are easy to grasp because of their fundamentals but healing is in a category of its own.
Yaggamy said:

He can't use incantation-less healing spells yet.
NhtDesu said:

More like he couldn't. Orsted had destroyed Rudeus lungs so he can't speak, he can only cast healing spell when he able to speak so there's your answer, and no Rudeus can't do chantless healing

Thanks guys, that explained alot :D
Dec 5, 2021 11:03 AM
Oct 2014
Panzer92 said:
Seeing the title "Turning Point 2" I expected a bit more of a... turning point? I mean, last time it changed literally everything. I guess this episode will have some consequences too, but it's not as game-changing as I expected. And it's good tbh - I like how things go right now.
"Dead" Rudeus was pretty nice to the Man-God. I wonder how much of it was because of him thinking he is dead, and how much he actually started to accept that weird white guy. At this rate maybe Rudeus will also stop seeing himself as his old self at some point?
Action scenes were really impressive. Pinching Eris' nipple even more so.

It was a turning point, is not explicit, without spoiling let's just say that if they didn't encounter Orsted, Rudeus and Eris future together would be really different, what happened changed their fate
Dec 5, 2021 11:04 AM
Oct 2009
SoraSenpai said:
Given the Name "Nanahoshi" feel like she is also a reincarnation. I'm intrigued as to why she still has her Japanese name though. I have a theory but Ill keep it to myself for now.

Insanely good episode. The animation was so clean during the training part and during the Fight with Orsted.

Fantastic episode.

So noone know who that woman was ?
Dec 5, 2021 11:05 AM
Dec 2018
Innskip said:
SoraSenpai said:
Given the Name "Nanahoshi" feel like she is also a reincarnation. I'm intrigued as to why she still has her Japanese name though. I have a theory but Ill keep it to myself for now.

Insanely good episode. The animation was so clean during the training part and during the Fight with Orsted.

Fantastic episode.

I think Rudeus made some assumptions in the light novels.
Dec 5, 2021 11:07 AM
Oct 2011
Innskip said:
SoraSenpai said:

Fantastic episode.

Rewatch the very first episode and you might connect some dots.
Dec 5, 2021 11:09 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
Food got cold cause I couldnt look away.. 10/10 ep holy shit
Dec 5, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2018
Ikano said:
I applaud Rudeus getting a shot in that -appeared to- "burn" Orsted's hand but uh yeahhh that guy is so OP it's like he's using cheats (lol)

Anyhow, if this was DBZ, Rudeus' would get powered up by reviving lol.... (well does that technically count as reviving? idk...)

Mannn only 2 eps left...what's gonna happen? NEED MORE SEASONS ANNOUNCED NOW

edit: Also I need to go back and find that ep where Orsted appeared briefly before the whole mana teleportation thing...did he hint at anything back then? I'm intrigued...

Indeed. Rudeus was the only one who managed to damage Orsted. A lot of people may not realize how much of a big deal that is. Only emperor-level spells can actually damage Orsted, so it's definitely an impressive feat. And they're lucky that Orsted absorbed that purple flame, otherwise they'd probably all die immediately if that had hit anything, except Orsted.
Dec 5, 2021 11:18 AM
Apr 2016
Best anime episode of 2021 and it’s not even close. Speechless.
Dec 5, 2021 11:20 AM
Aug 2019
Easily this episode is a top contender for the best episode of the year along with AoT Final season episode 7 for me....
Dec 5, 2021 11:21 AM

May 2020
dabdabgoose said:
Swagernator said:
Okay ... so im guessing there is another reality in which Paul does not have a son ...

There is a few messages in this episode Orsted provides that if you pick up will give you an idea about what he is seeing and how he knows it.

so he can know whats the future and the past? and also i suppose orsted knows that rudy is not from this world is that correct? haha
Dec 5, 2021 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Innskip said:
SoraSenpai said:

Fantastic episode.

How many people have we seen with black hair in this show?
Dec 5, 2021 11:25 AM

May 2021
barmar said:
Innskip said:

Those three people mentioned at the very beginning? Only thing I could find.

Dec 5, 2021 11:26 AM

Jun 2016
After watching this episode, I am now willing to sacrifice my kin to get more of this goated anime.

Dec 5, 2021 11:30 AM

May 2021
hellart11 said:
After watching this episode, I am now willing to sacrifice my unborn kin to get more of this goated anime.

If you do that, you might miss the chance to have an isekai'd kin.

Dec 5, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2016
RioFS said:
hellart11 said:
After watching this episode, I am now willing to sacrifice my unborn kin to get more of this goated anime.

If you do that, you might miss the chance to have an isekai'd kin.
It'd still be worth it, without a sliver of doubt.

Dec 5, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
barmar said:
Innskip said:

Ln spoilers,Anime onlybros dont open this
Dec 5, 2021 11:38 AM
Dec 2007
priz_98k said:
sheersh said:
Where was the f****ng kiss between it was in manga and I was waiting for it but the episode ended. :(

There was kiss šŸ„² I guess it may be or not in the LN that's why it ain't adapted.
That never happened in the light novel.
Dec 5, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
dabdabgoose said:

There is a few messages in this episode Orsted provides that if you pick up will give you an idea about what he is seeing and how he knows it.

so he can know whats the future and the past? and also i suppose orsted knows that rudy is not from this world is that correct? haha
Dec 5, 2021 11:40 AM

Apr 2017
When will Rudy realize ostred has a point.
Dec 5, 2021 11:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Lamyanba1999 said:
Playcool said:

Do you want spoilers?
IF SO:

Tried to reply exactly to what you wanted to know, without giving extra spoilers.

Thanks so much . That explanation with slight spoiler was so nice of you . One last Question, will we get to see kishirisu again ? She seems to have lots of different and powerful eye , hope rudeus can get more of those eye .

Something you feel very well with the series, is the development of the world Rudy is in, people change with time, things happen, something that can be happening now, and you are not told about, and see the implications much later on, etc.

Innskip said:
SoraSenpai said:

Fantastic episode.

She will have a prominient roll as the series progresses, same for Orsted, this was just their introductions, MT doesnt bother to introduce you to new and interesting characters like this, just to drop them later on, far from it.
It will take its time, but eventually you will see them again, definitely being meaningful for the progression of the plot.
PlaycoolDec 5, 2021 11:44 AM
Dec 5, 2021 11:41 AM
Jan 2021
Holy shit. The best episode in this season. I forgot to breath for a moment
Dec 5, 2021 11:45 AM

Jun 2020
Holy Shit! Everything - from the animation to the background score was absolutely perfect in this episode. A mind-blowing episode in every way. Lol, I can't believe I have to wait every week for 20 minute content that goes by in a jiffy.
Dec 5, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2019
Natsude_tanaka said:
dabdabgoose said:

Orsted was talking like if he knew the two of them. It's not like when Hitogami was talking about the future.
Orsted had no clue who Rudy was that's why he had those questions and said Paul should only have two daughters.
The devil is in the details, re watch the scenes to catch them.
Dec 5, 2021 11:54 AM
Oct 2021
What an episode! This might be my favorite episode of the whole season. We got Eris finally earning the title of warrior. That was a nice moment before the epic fight (if you can even call that a fight).

You knew shit was gonna go down when Ruijerd and Eris both froze when Orsted showed up, but I had no idea he would be that insanely strong. The animation on those fight scenes looked really good. It started to remind me of Part 1 of this season.

I really wanna know what she said to Orsted to make him decide to save Rudeus after he left a giant hole in his chest. And that moment at the end with Eris and Rudeus was really touching. They both thought he had died and now suddenly he’s mostly healed.

I really can’t wait for these last 2 episodes. I have high hopes for the end of this season.
Dec 5, 2021 11:56 AM

Apr 2019
Oh my! The best cour 2's eps so far, excellent af! Can't wait lah for the next week
Dec 5, 2021 11:57 AM

Apr 2017
SoraSenpai said:

Fantastic episode.
pm me ur theories, call me interested.
Dec 5, 2021 11:57 AM

Aug 2019
Small details regarding this episode:
- We know that Hitogami can see the future of people from previous interactions, but there are a handful of people who elude him, including Orsted and Rudy. If he foresaw their meeting, he could've warned Rudy.
- Curses usually affect the soul. And Rudy's soul is from another world, that's why he could look Orsted in the eyes.
- This is the first time Rudy was aiming to kill in a fight.
- Laplace is the Demon God who betrayed the Superd Tribe. Orsted compared Rudy's mana capacity to Laplace's.
- Episodes called Turning Point always take a long time to fully realize why they're important. We still don't know the full extent of the mana disaster from Turning Point 1 and now we have a Turning Point 2 with more questions than answers.
- Rudy asked Hitogami if he was the one who reincarnated him to his world the first time they met. And Hitogami replied, no, that's the wicked Dragon God's department. Now that Rudy finally meets the Dragon God, he's not aware of his existence, but presumes he' an apostle of Hitogami. It looks like both of them have no clue about Rudy's reincarnation.
- Orsted destroyed Rudy's lungs first to stop him from casting any magic. Rudy doesn't know any incantation-less healing spells yet. It's hard being a mage in this world because there are so many strategies to beat them.
- The anime intentionally focused so long on Nanahoshi's hair. How many people with black hair have we seen in this world?
- Faithful adaptation, nothing important is cut from the LN.

Eris: Pinch me.
Rudy: I'm going to do what's called a pro gamer move.

Rudy's experience with Orsted in a nutshell:
- Comes out of nowhere
- Speaks like he knows everyone
- Asks if you know Man-God
- Kills you
- Then heals you
- Refuses to elaborate further
- Leaves
Dec 5, 2021 12:01 PM

Oct 2021
What’s up lemme put this right here 10/10 .
Studio Bind >
2 more eps to go I think .
Sakuga feast and Mushoku tensei should deserve attention more than kimetsu no yaiba . I don’t want this show to be foreshadowed by KNY like Vinland saga in 2019 .
AtoferatofeDec 5, 2021 12:23 PM
Dec 5, 2021 12:05 PM
Dec 2018
Xshake said:
What’s up lemme put this right here 10/10 .
Studio Bind >
3 more eps to go I think .
Sakuga feast and Mushoku tensei should deserve attention more than kimetsu no yaiba . I don’t want this show to be foreshadowed by KNY like Vinland saga in 2019 .

This cour will end while Demon Slayer S2 is still airing, so it would make sense.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

399 by JasperLord »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM

» Does Rudeus ever stop being a pervert

Jking_The_Dark - Mar 22

36 by ChaChaVan »»
May 17, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

190 by marta_valse »»
May 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

467 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

274 by marta_valse »»
May 13, 12:17 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.