Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Minori Chihara, TRUE and ZAQ just performed Hare Hare Yukai at the KyoAni Music Festival today.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 21, 2021 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
Along with what I said in the title of this thread, Minori also performed the ED from Disappearance (along with the Dragon Maid cast performing the Lucky Star OP).

On the surface, this is just a kinda cool tribute. However, a lot KyoAni's older anime couldn't be represented at the festival because KyoAni doesn't have the license for content from those anime anymore, and thus only ones they still had the license for/owned themselves could be... The fact that two Haruhi songs were performed implies that Tanigawa and Kadokawa Shoten may have given KyoAni a license to interact with Haruhi-related content again, which would be well-timed after the release of the new novel and the release of Haruhi's OPs, EDs and OST onto Spotify and Apple Music.

Now, don't take this as an absolute confirmation that we're getting more Haruhi anime content, it isn't that at all. If they do have the license to Haruhi content again, then what KyoAni decides to do with it is ultimately their own decision. It's simply a possibility I'd like to open discussion about.

Unfortunately, I can't link any clips of the performances, because they don't exist yet and I don't think they're allowed to be uploaded if they do. However, here are the official Tweets to announce the performances:
Hare Hare Yukai

Yasashii Boukyaku (Disappearance ED)

What really sticks out here is that Haruhi was on none of the festival's marketing material. This was a total surprise they kept for the special stage.
Nov 21, 2021 12:46 PM

Apr 2020
I was not expecting this at all! Hope videos post soon

More topics from this board

» "chronological order" and my utter disgust for it

Tsuna-Ryu - Apr 15

36 by YukariKatsuragi »»
Apr 16, 11:49 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 23, 2008

87 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:50 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abhin4v - Mar 2, 2008

93 by S4dnu »»
Apr 11, 5:47 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AgathaKazar - Jul 19, 2008

99 by S4dnu »»
Apr 9, 5:39 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 26, 2008

101 by Alkimia »»
Feb 29, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.