Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2021 4:04 PM

Apr 2018
I've just read the first volume which only took a hour, a pretty fast read.
I'm invested in the story for sure, it's from 2004 so there's some originality in it. Humans against aliens isn't some unique type of war but it's the writer that makes it interesting.
The mimics which I couldn't imagine very well so I looked it up in the manga and they sure do like a starfish. The suits that they use remind of HALO. The maincharacter, Keiji has some slight character development in the first chapter where he gets his thoughts together and reminds himself of the decision he made and what his parents told him. He's getting the hang of it. Seems like he'll continue to live and die and become as strong as our tiny girl, Rita. This might be the first Light Novel that I read fully because the other ones that I started are pretty much on-hold because I'm still trying to get into them. But, it was a great first chapter although I didn't understand some of the context, most of it was pretty understandable.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'

More topics from this board

» Is the LN and Manga had a different story?

xxy_ - May 5, 2021

1 by paveljanik »»
Nov 30, 2022 11:01 AM

» Why All You Need Is Kill hasn't received an anime adaptation? ( 1 2 )

Azlan - May 2, 2014

60 by Alexioos95 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:16 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 4 Discussion

Kikoman589 - Jul 7, 2014

4 by Deago »»
Aug 23, 2022 6:49 PM

» All You Need is Kill Movie adaption, Edge of Tomorrow

Shylp - Feb 28, 2014

8 by TitanInsane »»
Apr 11, 2022 9:35 AM

» How good is All You Need Is kill (Novel)

TheNoseOfDeath - Mar 6, 2015

3 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 2015 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.