Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2021 6:57 PM

Aug 2021
They made up!!! I'm so glad they did. Rudy seeing Paul's true emotions, though with the help of the shopkeeper and Paul taking that step to reconcile with Rudy :')
I love that Rudy acknowledges that Paul is young and bound to make mistakes and that he was wrong too in this case though it can't be helped, not really.
Nov 7, 2021 6:58 PM

May 2019
It's so crazy to see

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 7, 2021 7:00 PM

Apr 2015
What a GODDAM INTRO! That's how you do a backstory(flashback) if you're not looking down on your audience! Full effing marks!
Nov 7, 2021 7:02 PM

May 2019
katsu044 said:
very good episode and the first time i can't get pissed off because of garbo shit filling up the space would've been even better if i didn't need to be reminded of past life but it was there to contextualize Rudy's "growth" if you wanna call it that

managed to make me feel sad over their heartfelt moment despite hating both of them so that's something

i can only hope this is a turning point for him but it's rarely ever the case lol...

No all these turning points do matter, you just need to consider the pacing of the series. It's 24 WN/25 LNs, we're in like volume 5 rn. Rudeus won't complete his characterisation with 80% of the story left lol

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.

Itachi Uchiha
Nov 7, 2021 7:04 PM

May 2019
Nycro said:
Glad they made up but I still think that Paul was in the right.

Interesting, how? Paul expected his 11 year old son—no matter how genius he is—to not only do the impossible, but also do it so easily that he can do Paul's job for him without even being told. Rudeus didn't have an adventure if you think back on it, considering he was stripped naked and mentally tortured for days in a cell and that was one of the BETTER parts of the journey.

Itachi Uchiha
Nov 7, 2021 8:26 PM
Oct 2016
father and son reconcile made me tear up, much needed conversation

Nov 7, 2021 8:26 PM

Mar 2020
That tavern scene, I cried like a bitch. Hit right in the feels! What amazing episode!
Nov 7, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2020
Mushoku has seriously been incredible as of recent and this episode was absolutely no exception. I respect Paul a lot more after this and it makes me happy to see them reunite and make up like that

The conversation was geese at the start was quite interesting and geese certainly is saying nothing but facts. Things concluded in a nice way and I have no complaints. And parts where it showcases Rudy's previous life are rare but usually cool to watch

Nov 7, 2021 8:29 PM
Nov 2019
I really liked seeing what Paul was up to after everyone got separated, he really had it rough. Especially liked his visions of Rudy, seeing two possible alternate scenarios. Geese talking sense into him the beginning was neat, since he knew both of them separately and knows what they've been through.
Nov 7, 2021 9:08 PM

Jul 2020
Geese and the bartender guy were the real mvps of this episode
Nov 7, 2021 9:24 PM

Oct 2021
I loved the episode, however, there was some scenes from tbe WN where Rudeus gets hit by Norn and then she runs away, others like Rudeus shopping clothes with eris so he can eat dinner with Paul and Norn and that wasn't included in the episode, I understand why they would skip some scenes but this was really important especially for the characters development of Norn, and when they had a talk with Norn but she still wouldn't forgive Rudeus, there was also a very important scene where Rujeird gives them a letter and Rudeus asks Paul about it and then knows what it is (probably going to be included as flashbacks because this was very important for the next parts).
Nov 7, 2021 9:32 PM

Jan 2021
DaiMaouCC said:
I loved the episode, however, there was some scenes from tbe WN where Rudeus gets hit by Norn and then she runs away, others like Rudeus shopping clothes with eris so he can eat dinner with Paul and Norn and that wasn't included in the episode, I understand why they would skip some scenes but this was really important especially for the characters development of Norn, and when they had a talk with Norn but she still wouldn't forgive Rudeus, there was also a very important scene where Rujeird gives them a letter and Rudeus asks Paul about it and then knows what it is (probably going to be included as flashbacks because this was very important for the next parts).
Given they used every second of the allotted time for the story and skipped the outro in this episode. It would of been out of their hands on this, any more expansion would of required another full episode, which is an issue because with only 6 more episodes left for this season it will need to end on an important part of the story, Novels have the luxury of being able to go in more detail on anything and it will not drag on because just reading it goes alot faster then trying to create a setting.
Nov 7, 2021 9:54 PM
Jan 2019
While a fantastic episode, I feel like they skipped a lot of the context for Paul & Norn's situation in the content that was cut.

The Search and Rescue team might just be minor characters now but the introductions for later were completely skipped.

Still very well done for the main plot points, but it does feel like a lot of the minor details that make the LN truly shine are being overlooked.
Nov 7, 2021 10:25 PM

Aug 2020
UTMAN said:
Heartwarming episode. Geese is MVP. Something is off about him though. There is more in him that she shows/lets others know about him.

I think Geese is the one who brought Rudeus here and Paul's reaction at the end of the episode hinted something like that.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Nov 7, 2021 10:27 PM

May 2015
I cried manly tears
I need to call my dad
Nov 7, 2021 10:38 PM

Feb 2014
Paul knew the consequences of being spirited away. But he never did give up on finding his family. Tired on his quest he broke down when he met his son under unknown circumstances. Yet he could not bring himself to be happy with how much had occurred and he had yet to find his family. No wonder he could not take it in but he did rise back up to journey once again.

I still remember similar circumstances irl when I survived a 7-earthquake to see my family back home happy to see me arrive. My dad had already given up hope and was thinking of coming back to search for bodies, but when he saw us he was damn happy. So Paul's story kinda hit me home.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 7, 2021 10:52 PM
Dec 2019
Great start, Geese was spitting facts. Paul realizing his faults was nice. However, Rudeus mainly apologizing and Paul getting off scot free was stupid and tainted the episode for me. Seemed way too victim blamish for the instigator to be apologized to
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Nov 7, 2021 11:05 PM

Jul 2021
Well this episode and the previous one showed us why this anime has the DRAMA genre and this nicely mixes with story. So, it is clearly important.
Nov 7, 2021 11:06 PM

Jan 2021
Soupisekaitrash said:
Great start, Geese was spitting facts. Paul realizing his faults was nice. However, Rudeus mainly apologizing and Paul getting off scot free was stupid and tainted the episode for me. Seemed way too victim blamish for the instigator to be apologized to

You never been in an argument that goes sour and even if you know your in the right you just want it over with?

Nov 7, 2021 11:08 PM
Dec 2019
dabdabgoose said:
Soupisekaitrash said:

You never been in an argument that goes sour and even if you know your in the right you just want it over with?

Thats exactly my problem yeah a moment set up as deep shouldn’t cop out like that
Nov 7, 2021 11:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
And just like that all the "who's at fault" questions born from the previous episode are now mostly cleared up as of this episode.

Bartenders are always chads in anime. Actually everyone was a chad in this episode, that guy Geese especially, and even Rujierd for dealing with Eris and even giving Paul some sage advice. Chads in anime are usually helping two lovers get together. Chads in Mushoku Tensei are reuniting the bond between father and son, and I'm sad now because after two rather moving episodes with the father of Rudeus, we now move on with our quest to find those who were lost.

Speaking of the lost, I forget that their continent had suffered something akin to the Thanos snap. Before it was all just fun and games like how Rudy saw it. They got teleported far far away and now they had to get back. Simple. But the whole time the stakes were so much higher, and that just gives a lot of depth to the world and the story and especially the characters and how they react to it all.

Man I wish by some miracle these episodes were like 50 minutes long, or that I had the patience to wait until it finished airing so I could binge it all in one go- although at the same time, this is anime that is meant to be appreciated, so I'd rather choose my wish for 50 minute weekly episodes. Idk about you but I just feel cheated by the end of a good episode that's only 20-ish minutes. Basically, GIMME MORE!! They need to pull a re:zero S2 and cut the op and ed (although I love the ed... life is so hard amirite), and lengthen the episodes to 30 minutes each. I'd love that. They are already doing something of the sort by cutting the op visuals and just laying the credits and song on top of some introductory world-building shots which is nice.

Edit: TL;DR, I really, really love this anime
BetaMaleUltraNov 7, 2021 11:11 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 7, 2021 11:16 PM
Jun 2021
I am not afraid to admit that i teared up.
Nov 7, 2021 11:26 PM

Jan 2021
Soupisekaitrash said:
dabdabgoose said:

Thats exactly my problem yeah a moment set up as deep shouldn’t cop out like that
That's what the scene in his past life was about, He had too much pride to apologise and never made up with his friend who never came back, but in this case atleast Paul made the effort to come back and apologize, so he would rather get over it and reset, because he doesn't know if he will ever see his Dad again(this world is dangerous).

I feel this is very realistic way an Argument like this can play out TBH, It just required Rudy to Swallow his pride.
dabdabgooseNov 7, 2021 11:30 PM
Nov 7, 2021 11:30 PM
Dec 2019
dabdabgoose said:
Soupisekaitrash said:

That's what the scene in his past life was about, He had too much pride to apologise and never made up with his friend who never came back, but in this case atleast Paul made the effort to come back and apologize, so he would rather get over it and reset.

I feel this is very realistic way an Argument like this can play out tbh.

Doesnt excuse that Paul barely even apologized, Rudeus overcoming a past issue is nice I agree but the fact that Paul didnt deserve one without giving a stronger one still doesn’t sit right with me but hey you believe what you believe ig
Nov 8, 2021 1:04 AM
Apr 2011
DaiMaouCC said:

Rob7 said:
dabdabgoose said:
lol, understandable why they couldn't put it all in as they had skipped the outro to fill this episode but that would of been funny to add.

Damn, the LN even explained events like this (how he got a free horse).

RIP the pace.

That's why novel readers hate most of anime adaptations: because the studios don't adapt in the slowest way possible, with 100 episodes per season, just for their boring reader sake.

Anime as a media has its unique advantages and does not function the same as LN or manga. It makes zero sense to cram in every detail even if the lore is interesting on its own.

There are various details changed in this episode in anime as to exactly what Paul, Rudeus, Eris did and exactly how they met. The characters interactions, however, are very loyal to the original LN, and are just as effective in developing the characters, and in the manner and approach of the original LN. (The only exception was Luijerd patting Nora. We will just have to watch more episodes to know if this move on the part of the story director is smart.)

That aside.

I don't really think the claim of LN readers hating most adaptations has any truth to it.

I'd be more willing to believe most manga readers hate manga adaptations -- for the reason that most manga adaptations do suck and many suck not just by having low production value but also by robotically recreating frames from manga. Emphasis on "frame", ie. not "scene".
ArgyllNov 8, 2021 1:13 AM
Nov 8, 2021 1:56 AM
May 2008
Ren-sama- said:
UTMAN said:
Heartwarming episode. Geese is MVP. Something is off about him though. There is more in him that he shows/lets others know about him.

I think Geese is the one who brought Rudeus here and Paul's reaction at the end of the episode hinted something like that.

Yeah, but how did he know that he is Paul's son when he met Rudy at the cage. I don't remember Rudy introducing himself as Greyrat. Also, It feels now that Geese made it that way that he was arrested and was put inside the same cage Rudy was in.

Edit: also, thanks for quoting me! Because of it, I saw that I used the wrong pronoun for Geese. lol
Nov 8, 2021 2:08 AM

Jan 2021
UTMAN said:
Ren-sama- said:

Yeah, but how did he know that he is Paul's son when he met Rudy at the cage. I don't remember Rudy introducing himself as Greyrat. Also, It feels now that Geese made it that way that he was arrested and was put inside the same cage Rudy was in.

Edit: also, thanks for quoting me! Because of it, I saw that I used the wrong pronoun for Geese. lol
Geese is definitely smart and probably has alot of connections especially in the demon continent it wouldn't of been hard for him.
Nov 8, 2021 2:11 AM
May 2008
dabdabgoose said:
UTMAN said:

Geese is definitely smart and probably has alot of connections especially in the demon continent it wouldn't of been hard for him.

Yep, unfortunately, I don't really know whether he is a good guy-smart or a twisted fuck way of smart who just helped them because of some sort of ulterior goal he has that we don't know yet.
Nov 8, 2021 2:30 AM

Aug 2020
i love how ugly bastard rudy has the arcade controller lol.

feelsbad when the guy didn't come back for him.

anyways, another great episode man. Got me tearing up. Its been tough on both Rudy and Paul and its just great to see them reunited and in good terms.

roxy reunion when?
Nov 8, 2021 2:46 AM
Aug 2021
Ravendawn said:
Man, that bread animation was way too smooth for no reason. Reminded me of Yakuza bread just from the first frame.

Yea i had to rewatch that part like 10 times because the animation was so smooth and nice. I bet that scene took more time to make then the rest of the episode
Nov 8, 2021 4:25 AM

Dec 2020
dragged a bit, its good they made up though. eris sticking up for rudy was sweet. paul sucks
Nov 8, 2021 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing bread physics
Yakuza (game) : "our fight will be legendary!"
Nov 8, 2021 4:39 AM

Jun 2016
best isekai i ever seen !!!

this is absolutely king of the king entire of these genre isekai !!
Nov 8, 2021 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
Wow Geese actually made sense to Paul on his last words to him at the tavern, and it worked! At least they made up which is second chances for both of them actually, even though little Norn hasn't forgiven his older brother yet. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 8, 2021 6:18 AM
Oct 2020
This episode was gold! We got to see more of what makes rudy the person he is and thats a win in my book. Hes slowly becoming a more liked character for me
Nov 8, 2021 6:30 AM

Jan 2020
Man, this was fantastic. It'll probably take some time before Norn actually sees Rudeus as a good person. First impressions are hard to recover from.
Nov 8, 2021 6:35 AM

Jun 2021
Great episode. The way they tied Rudy's past life experience as a lesson to be used in his reincarnated life was well done.
Nov 8, 2021 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
I cried so much during the hug between Rudy and his dad. I'm glad they made up.

And not only was Geese the unexpected voice of reason in this show with his goofy demeanor, the dad thought Geese was slacking off all this time, but this entire time he's been traveling the world helping to search for his lost family members behind everyone's backs. Geese is hands down my favorite character so far.
Nov 8, 2021 7:37 AM

Nov 2013
well this was a pretty good make up episode after last one, i liked how Rudy makes comparisons with his old life "i never went back to apologise but he came to me"

Geeze made a really good point "you should be happy that he is still alive... or did you prefer if he came with body parts missing?" he even had hallucinations after that :D
(one of the few times i actually went back to rewatch multiple scenes in 1 episode (i sometimes rewatch a fight or something, but rarely 10+ minutes of talk), that probably says something about how interesting this episode was was)

also "did you get a 4th? no, but not for lack of trying" lol was he refering to his 2 wives or to one of the new girls who are with him now?

Eris raging is always fun to watch, she even got a purple eye haha
i'm sure Ruijerd reputation is going up, with how nice he is to people, just like today with Paul and Norn (or at least the ones who don't commit crimes agains't children lol)
winddevil1Nov 8, 2021 7:46 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 8, 2021 8:24 AM

Nov 2016
An actual goo episode that didn't need to show some degenerate shit? Can't believe it
Nov 8, 2021 8:28 AM

Oct 2016
Man, what an amazing episode. The hugging scene really made me tear up badly. Geese out here destroyed Paul with facts and logic. That was a great scene to really put context on the arguments last episode. Geese can have a successful career in family counseling, hope we see him again later on, well I am sure we will, but it's probably gonna be a while.

As if there was any doubt, Eris is strong as fuck, not just physically, but mentally as well. We know Sauros got executed, but I wonder where Philipp and Hilda is though.

Bartender was the MVP, that whole scene in the tavern was just amazing, and of course before that we got gremlin Eris lmao. They heading home first, but after that, it's time to find Zenith, Lilia and Aisha. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 8, 2021 8:43 AM
Oct 2019
Geese the MVP, spitting some facts to Paul.

The Bread Animation was way better than 7DS Season 3 lmao

Paul and Rudeus Dramatic scene, hits the feeling ngl.
Heartwarming Episode.

My only complain are once again why the episode always feel so short?
Nov 8, 2021 9:50 AM

Oct 2020
Rob7 said:
Comparing to manga i'm disapointed with Eris, she is just an unidimensional trope of a Tsundere 100% of time in the anime (while in the books she is whatever the reader wants). Anime is wasting her.

Also the comic did better the talk no jutsu of Gesu, with a bit of action and monsters instead of lazy bar talk.

And the anime did not exposed very well the degradation of Paul. He was not depressed only because of his family, but EVERYBODY HE KNEW fron Buena Village is dead. And he, as protector of that village, feel guilty for it, for not find them earlier.

Thought so. I was hoping at least they would adapt it like the way in the manga (like part 1) with some litte variation and addition scenes from LN to explain some details missing in the manga.

but they cut so many scenes that could explained more for the contexts and instead adding more scenes with just the purpose of unnecessary fanservice
Nov 8, 2021 11:54 AM

Apr 2015
The build-up to this emotional-point was fairly hampered to me by way of Rudy having to have an internal-monologue spelling it out in the middle of it all, that and there not being a whole lot of build-up to begin with.

An emotionally charged confrontation where both parties come out looking bad, then Paul gets a 5-minute wake-up call by Duckman. The aforementioned occurs and I'm left feeling like I got the cliff-notes on this whole drama. I mean, props for avoiding the trope where nobody talks to each other and nothing gets solved, but this is so succinct that I'm left feeling dry.

That and Rudy's fairly mechanical affection once he got over the hump, but I guess that's less about the storytelling and more about Rudy himself just not tickling my eyes.

It's...efficient...? Storytelling but I can't say I was moved all that much. The more I think about it, the more I'm a bit perplexed by the prior anticipation and reaction to this.

O'well.
TylaenNov 8, 2021 12:00 PM
Nov 8, 2021 12:18 PM

May 2020
This episode, much like last week's was really well done. The patch-up between Rudeus and Paul got me all teared up and glad they talked it all out. Every time Rudeus's past shows up I end up becoming all uncomfortable but thankfully he's not repeating (at least most of them) those mistakes in his reincarnated life.

Also, how can something as simple as tearing a bread piece end up being such a treat for the eye? I'm wondering too!

Maybe try sleeping?

Nov 8, 2021 1:02 PM

Oct 2012
It was pretty well done. I liked the more subdued nature of the scene compared to the Novels / Manga. Definitely was able to let voice actors carry the scene. I definitely like Mushoku's more subtle and less in your face directing style compared to most other animes. The character writing definitely has allot of heart and humanity behind it which is so hard to find.
Nov 8, 2021 1:18 PM
May 2020
ahh yess the happy ending
Nov 8, 2021 2:14 PM
Mar 2015
Our boy worked out some issues from his past life
Nov 8, 2021 4:44 PM

Oct 2020
Ah, that was sweet. Rudeus and Paul made but, it took Eris some time to accept the truth. The flashback to Rudeus' previous life was a nice edition; the flashback gave Rudeus the initiative to speak up. Paul's a nice, caring father. But, damn, praise to Geese for initiating all of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2021 5:03 PM

Nov 2021
Tylaen said:
The build-up to this emotional-point was fairly hampered to me by way of Rudy having to have an internal-monologue spelling it out in the middle of it all, that and there not being a whole lot of build-up to begin with.

An emotionally charged confrontation where both parties come out looking bad, then Paul gets a 5-minute wake-up call by Duckman. The aforementioned occurs and I'm left feeling like I got the cliff-notes on this whole drama. I mean, props for avoiding the trope where nobody talks to each other and nothing gets solved, but this is so succinct that I'm left feeling dry.

That and Rudy's fairly mechanical affection once he got over the hump, but I guess that's less about the storytelling and more about Rudy himself just not tickling my eyes.

It's...efficient...? Storytelling but I can't say I was moved all that much. The more I think about it, the more I'm a bit perplexed by the prior anticipation and reaction to this.

O'well.

because you hate the main character and all the other characters do in this series, so you don't have any emotional feelings towards the scene.

Because you hate this anime, so you don't have any feelings when watching it.

because you only see other people's mistakes even though the other person has done good, so you don't have any feelings when watching it.

Because you watch only to find fault for watching what you hate, so you have no feelings while watching it.

Because you only think "Bad people can't change" that's why you hate this show and have no feelings when watching it.

Because you don't like the change in character from bad to good? so you don't feel anything while watching it.

Then why do you watch and spend useless time with something you don't like?

That doesn't mean you can't watch this show. but it would be better if you keep quiet about what you don't like.

don't write anything if you hate it.

I will not argue with you, good bye

O'Well.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

398 by Shinola »»
May 6, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

465 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

469 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

415 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

302 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.