Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2021 12:11 PM
Jan 2021
imagine if norm was teleported without Paul. I think Paul was EXTREMELY lucky to have been teleported together with Norn.

is it just me or have the episodes seem to be lacking in something?
Nov 7, 2021 12:11 PM
Feb 2021
Glad to see that all of the people that felt that both Paul and Rudeus were at fault were completely vindicated. Great episode. Geese is the real MVP.
Nov 7, 2021 12:13 PM

May 2019
KelvinNazrey said:
Rob7 said:
Comparing to manga i'm disapointed with Eris, she is just an unidimensional trope of a Tsundere 100% of time in the anime (while in the books she is whatever the reader wants). Anime is wasting her.

Also the comic did better the talk no jutsu of Gesu, with a bit of action and monsters instead of lazy bar talk.

And the anime did not exposed very well the degradation of Paul. He was not depressed only because of his family, but EVERYBODY HE KNEW fron Buena Village is dead. And he, as protector of that village, feel guilty for it, for not find them earlier.

Dude.. THE MANGA IS FUCKING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ,ITS FUCKING AWFUL

Monster in Manga so fucking doesn't make sense ,how the fu*k monster in there when Milis is the safest City in the world even outside milis it just have D- C rank monster

And in Manga is B rank monster on the middle of City and it on city drain 😂😂😂

Lol but for manga readers it does total sense, because:

- JUST AS LIKE the anime, no extra information about Millis was provided. An exceptional invasor creature in the sewers is usual in any fantasy like this.

- Only a (boring) novel reader gets mad for the partial lack of the descriptions of MT overly detailed worldbuilding (but what also turns the books slow-paced).

In the end of day, manga readers got a bit more of emotion, and following the same story and events.

We must tell this fabulous SECRET to some LN elitists: that's why adaptations... (wait for it) "ADAPT". Wow.
Nov 7, 2021 12:17 PM
Sep 2021
Is Rudy going to take Eris back home then? Is that still the plan or are they going to look for Rudy's family? I got a bit confused at the end. Anime watcher only.
Nov 7, 2021 12:19 PM

Oct 2017
That bread scene was amazing, how did they do that
Nov 7, 2021 12:19 PM

May 2008
My eyes... Why are they, so wet?
Nov 7, 2021 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
Sylenced1 said:

Probably due to the sensual bread scene. It's sex to the eyes to look at.
Nov 7, 2021 12:23 PM
Feb 2016
Rob7 said:
KelvinNazrey said:

Dude.. THE MANGA IS FUCKING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ,ITS FUCKING AWFUL

Monster in Manga so fucking doesn't make sense ,how the fu*k monster in there when Milis is the safest City in the world even outside milis it just have D- C rank monster

And in Manga is B rank monster on the middle of City and it on city drain 😂😂😂

Lol but for manga readers it does total sense, because:

- JUST AS LIKE the anime, no extra information about Millis was provided. An exceptional invasor creature in the sewers is usual in any fantasy like this.

- Only a (boring) novel reader gets mad for the partial lack of the descriptions of MT overly detailed worldbuilding (but what also turns the books slow-paced).

In the end of day, manga readers got a bit more of emotion, and following the same story and events.

We must tell this fabulous SECRET to some LN elitists: that's why adaptations... (wait for it) "ADAPT". Wow.

>following the same story and events.

LMAO I'M DYING 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's why MT manga reader always idiot and complaining about anything ,they don't even realize story and development Character so fcking mess up in Manga .

Even they don't realize if Manga Skip 1 volume LN and jump event to event quickly
Nov 7, 2021 12:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LinkedHorizon007 said:
This episode was amazing.

We got two flashbacks here in this episode. One is of Paul in his journey after the mana incident. It was nice to see Paul's perspective on last episode's events. Not only this, the episode illustrates both of the character's feelings so elegantly.

Another flashback we got is from Rudeus's previous life. That's what sets this series apart from other isekai fantasy adventure. The MC's previous life plays a great role in his current isekai life. It's nice that the story doesn't ignore our MC's previous life as if didn't existed at all.
Overall, it was a 10/10 from me.

Agree. Two very informative flashbacks that put everything into perspective and give the current events and extra layer of poignancy. This show is head an shoulders over other isekai in so many aspects
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2021 12:30 PM

Jun 2020
I have reached a certain stage where during only 20 minutes long episodes I have to check around 5 times how much is left of the episode. But in this case, I don't even check once and the episode ends. I have rarely been invested in a show like this. Every episode just flies by.
Nov 7, 2021 12:33 PM
Sep 2020
This episode made this show 10 times better.
Nov 7, 2021 12:34 PM
Nov 2020
Well the way the story represents both characters story and end it with a reunion is nothing short of incredible
Nov 7, 2021 12:35 PM

Nov 2019
Marvellous to see that Paul and Rudeus are humans who can forgo each other's wrongdoings. Though, the fact that they did have a fight that ended badly for both of them improved and showed their characters. And to see them embracing each other, so sweet.

And the two flashbacks, which partly showed Pauls perspective and his hardships. But Ruedeus old life, that Rudeus could see his old self in his father, and that Rudeus could see that his father turned out soo much better than himself. It gives them both such depth. That's how you truly use the Isekai genre to your advantage.
─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───

"No matter how devastated you may be by your own weaknesses or uselessness...
Set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead.
Even if you stop and crouch down, the time won't wait for you...
or snuggle you, or grieve along with you."

─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───
Nov 7, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2016
Geese is MVP this episode. He made Paul see things differently about their conflict and importance that Rudeus is safe. Which propel him to finally reunited with his son and apologize. The scene is one of my anticipated in this season. And their adapted nicely, with Rudeus flashback. Parallel that his friend has, the same circumstances as his father was. They dont apologize to each other which now Rudeus can see in his father face. His sad recollection of the same problem. Which resolve in emotional and happy note.

And the last scene Rudeus and company gonna leave Millis to went to Fittoa because of Rudeus objective that he needs to accomplish. Is to deliver Eris safe and sound. Overall great episode that delivers from the build up last week

Nov 7, 2021 12:49 PM
Aug 2017
This episode saved the show for me since the worst thing about it is the MC, and seeing the mc admiting that he was trash until here, made my ass really relieved.

If Rudeus was a actually a normal child, not a 30 years old incel, i would agree with the monkey face character advices to Paul, but it's not the case. One thing is to be a child in those situations, other thing is being the chosen one from God.

Paul is the goat, probably the best character in the show. Eris saying that she was ready for the worst set scenario was great, because the last thing this show needs is a cliche about someone who does not believe that the blip could have erased some lifes out there.
Nov 7, 2021 12:50 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
It was nice to see them patch things up before they departed. It was also interesting to see how it linked to Rudy's first life.
Nov 7, 2021 1:06 PM
Aug 2020
The bread had more budget than s3 and s4 of sds combined
Nov 7, 2021 1:10 PM

Dec 2016
I cried when they got reunited again
Nov 7, 2021 1:31 PM
Oct 2016
Geese talking some sense into Paul

Nov 7, 2021 1:40 PM

Sep 2007
omg.
The moment Rudy jumped into his arms and Paul broke out into tears got me right in the feels. And then that blank look on Rudy's face like he was thinking "whoa Paul....I think you're overreacting a bit here..." made me laugh so hard.....I couldn't tell if I was crying from the feels or from laughter.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 7, 2021 1:40 PM

May 2018
Wow I have never seen bread breaking so fluidly animated before! I am glad Rudy and Paul made up now. Wait Geese paints his fingernails??!
Nov 7, 2021 1:45 PM

Dec 2015
Gotta say not having an opening sequence for this season has been wonderful. It's like every episode is a beginning of a movie.

Finally got the reunion they needed (Perhaps Rudy and Roxy can get a reunion as well). Happy for them. Wasn't expecting Geese to help these two out. Two different adventures with a similar goal in mind. Looking forward to next week.
Nov 7, 2021 2:04 PM
Dec 2018
This was a great episode. Volume 5 is centered around the drama between Paul and Rudeus. I am glad the anime series has shown it can adapt such a complex issue with so much detail.

The character dynamics were very well done. The group is leaving Millishion, which marks the end of volume 5.

If executed correctly, volume 6 can surpass volume 5 in terms of greatness. I have no doubts that Studio Bind has put forth immense amounts of effort to shape up some major events before the season ends.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Nov 7, 2021 2:12 PM

Apr 2016
It's really devastating to see the disaster from Paul's POV, oh my. But that heartwarming scene between Rudy and Paul makes it all up, happy for them. Lastly I really liked Geese in this episode.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Nov 7, 2021 2:25 PM

May 2008
animejas said:
Sylenced1 said:

Probably due to the sensual bread scene. It's sex to the eyes to look at.

Haha that's pretty funny. I honestly thought it was a potato at first. That's some fine lookin' bread. Sucks to be a Celiac!
Nov 7, 2021 2:25 PM

Jun 2017
Very wholesome episode and enjoyed every moment of it, when we had that moment of reconciliation between Rudeus and Paul hit me in the Clannad zone man. Also I just enjoyed this moment where Ruijerd dangled Eris like an owner carrying their dog out.

Nov 7, 2021 2:28 PM
Dec 2014
PRAISE THE BREAD

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/a56fea265f7f85d50f5ef5e9b48c39bf.mp4
“There are only three ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The second is as though everything is a miracle. The third is as though everything is a choice by Steins;Gate.”
Nov 7, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2018
Never short of fantastic, always too short.
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 7, 2021 2:53 PM

Jul 2015
According to "Chekhov's gun" rule, "If there is a gun seen hanging on the wall in the 1st act, in 3rd act it must go off".

Back in season one, we have seen a scene in which Paul was supposed to scold Rudy for defending Sylph from bullies, yet it was Rudy, who scolded Paul in the end.
Now I see, that it was more than just Rudeus flexing his above average maturity.

In that scene Rudeus completely DESTROYED Paul's authority over him and his self-esteem, which resulted in his inferiority complex and over the top expectations and just now we have seen the results.

Amazing writing. Just when I thought this show cannot get any better, here it is to surprise me.

Also, Rudeus reconciling with Paul reminder me of Flowerfield Scene from Clannad After Story, which is my personal favourite scene of all time from my favourite show of all time.

Absolutely phenomenal. Easily AOTY

Nov 7, 2021 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Paul anda Rudy returned to be understand that good!!.

Now gives for understand the point of view of Paul now he is fine.
Nov 7, 2021 3:00 PM

Jun 2020
Really wholesome moment there, also it's great they showed things from Paul's POV too. Eris is so cute trying to defend Rudeus
Nov 7, 2021 3:03 PM

Feb 2018
Well, I was still hoping for Paul to get a beating, but this will have to suffice hahaha. The episode was great! The hug between them was so beautiful! Still, I really wanted to see that beating, because, damn right, he deserved that. Even so, it was nice to see Eris defending Rudeus: it shows how much she cares for him! <3
Nov 7, 2021 3:13 PM

Jul 2021
It was a really good episode. Paul went back to being the way he was and got on well with Rudeus again, the scenes between them being very emotional. It's also good to highlight the attitudes of Eris, who always defends Rudeus. I hope the next episode is as good as this one was.
asdasdsadad
Nov 7, 2021 3:42 PM

Aug 2020
I love love this episode so much, RUDEUS throwback in his past life made him realize the correct things to do! I am so happy for the choices they've made showing the characters have grown. Very great episode

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 7, 2021 3:50 PM

Aug 2016
Nov 7, 2021 3:56 PM
Nov 2018
They did a great job.
Nov 7, 2021 3:57 PM

Mar 2013
They finally made up. I'm glad, or it would've been another bloodbath if that were to continue, I'm glad there's an outside opinion to make his father realized how happy he should be instead of criticizing Rudy because of his over expectations from his son. Nice Geese!

We also got to see Rudeus' past life and used that learning experience to compromise with him, there was a bit of unnatural of how he did it but the conclusion is good enough to satisfy me.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 7, 2021 4:16 PM
Oct 2015
I really liked how they developed this tense situation and how natural drama feels on this show. The production team did a great job portraying that as well.
Mushoku has such an interesting plot line too, it progresses slowly but surely and I'm really looking forward for what's to come !
Nov 7, 2021 4:26 PM

Mar 2020
What a great episode. I cried when Pauro-san and Rudeus-kun made up. Happy for these two.

Ruijerdo-san giving advice because he's a father too. Eris-chan is adorable being carried by Ruijerdo-san.

Lucky I want a Ruijerdo-san action figure too.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 7, 2021 4:43 PM

Apr 2007
Another amazing episode. I wasn't sure if Paul and Rudy were even going to be able fix things after the last episode, but we finally got the proper emotional reunion.

And that Geese. Once I saw him act friendly towards Paul I just knew he was also searching for people who disappeared. What a great guy!
Nov 7, 2021 4:44 PM

May 2021
That was a pretty good reunion sorta I mean
Inhales oxygen
Nov 7, 2021 4:56 PM
Dec 2019
Paul finally pulled himself together and made up with Rudeus. I'm glad. I can't wait to see what happens next on their journey.
Nov 7, 2021 5:14 PM

Jun 2015
Glad they made up but I still think that Paul was in the right.
Nov 7, 2021 5:14 PM
Nov 2018
man this episode is fucking beautiful. really started tearing up when they hugged.
Nov 7, 2021 5:16 PM

Oct 2012
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Wow, if only half (at least) of the show was as great as this episode, it would've been easy 9/10 for me...

Bartender was the MVP of the episode.
Prolly not this season, there's only a few more moments close to being on par with this, but if you stick around for season 3 at the current pacing moments like this are allot more frequent, and Rudeus really hits his stride as not just an interesting character but a good person. It becomes pretty peak fiction from the end of season 2 onwards. Season 1/2 is the set up phase and then season 3 onward will be the main plot starting up + good bean Rudeus coming into his own. (this is all still season 1 just to be clear)
Raptor1221Nov 7, 2021 5:20 PM
Nov 7, 2021 6:10 PM

Sep 2018
Very good episode, I want Rudues and his sister to become more friendly, a shame. Seems we're gonna have to wait for that.
Nov 7, 2021 6:11 PM
Apr 2021
Bread that it bread. But for real this episode was a 10/10 Paul and rudues converstaion and make up and the reflection of their actions form the previous episode was amazing. Paul had great character development and Rudy had a bit aswell. Slow but no negatives besides that 10/10 ep for me
Nov 7, 2021 6:16 PM

Nov 2017
I love how this episode took things nice and slow,just the right pace to bring out the emotions,esp the hug scene.And now Rudeus is on his way to see what happened to the rest of his family,and to make sure Eris gets home.Can't wait for next episode!
Nov 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
very good episode and the first time i can't get pissed off because of garbo shit filling up the space would've been even better if i didn't need to be reminded of past life but it was there to contextualize Rudy's "growth" if you wanna call it that

managed to make me feel sad over their heartfelt moment despite hating both of them so that's something

i can only hope this is a turning point for him but it's rarely ever the case lol...

Nov 7, 2021 6:46 PM
Sep 2020
Kaiseki said:
Paul really cares about Norn, well, he's a father after all.
When Rudeus saw Paul's face, he slightly remembered his former self in the real world.
Aww that hug... such a wholesome episode.

Also the bread was very well animated tbh.
yeah the bread scene was ✌️ noice
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

398 by Shinola »»
May 6, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

465 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

469 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

415 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

302 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.