Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2021 3:46 PM

Jul 2015
Besides de MCs I just hate the entire cast. Their loud ass shallow remarks just make this anime borderline unwatchable. Is it gonna get any better, or is the supporting cast just there for annoying gags?
ArgonnantNov 4, 2021 7:34 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2021 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
They all just embrace their troupes pretty much, plus too much of a hassle trying to create 100 compelling supporting characters for Komi-san to befriend. I hate the supporting cast too but they are an important element to the whole goal that Komi's going for, and they're a parody of their troupes like Najimi for example being the 'childhood friend' and the yandere for Yamai last week basically.
Nov 3, 2021 3:53 PM
Aug 2020
Tbf this is probably how most high schoolers act. Iknow you said besides the mcs but I love Komi I find her compelling enough to watch the show solely for her
Nov 3, 2021 4:01 PM
Feb 2020
I wanted to just “Cool bro” but they wouldn’t let me. But cool bro
Nov 3, 2021 5:53 PM
Jun 2020
MitchellMi said:
Besides de MCs I just hate the entire cast. Their loud ass shallow remarks just make this anime borderline unwatchable. Might drop it.

And what do you expect this anime for? Like ore monogatari or other romance anime. Well yeah no, the cast are very unique bc you will never forget about them and you can say they are very important to komi's part of 100 friends. And in terms of 100 friends you can't say "Oh you're my friend now and go bye bye just focus to make more" without interacting them back bc we will forget the friends of Komi she make and this anime basically show the side of being a high schooler that we been experienced by it.
Nov 3, 2021 5:58 PM

May 2019
MitchellMi said:
Besides de MCs I just hate the entire cast. Their loud ass shallow remarks just make this anime borderline unwatchable. Might drop it.

So I don’t know if you know this, but all the character’s names are just their trope. It’s set up from the beginning for all of them to just be tropes that only follow their tropes.
Nov 3, 2021 6:07 PM

Nov 2020
The secondary characters in the first season (the first year in the manga) are pretty much like this, when I started reading I loved to hate them. But in what will probably be the 2nd season (second year), the cast changes a bit and the characters are more likeable...
[Translator's note: "Keikaku" means plan]

Just according to keikaku...
-Raito "Light" Yagami
Nov 3, 2021 6:59 PM
Aug 2021
Because there are like four episodes of this anime. Just take a chill pill and see where it takes you
Nov 3, 2021 7:01 PM
Nov 2015
All the characters are like this at the start. As the series progresses we're going to see better and memorable characters.
Nov 3, 2021 7:14 PM

Dec 2020
its a comedy lol, the characters dedicated to their names(that are tropes) so they're not really meant to be great or anything, don't really know what you expected for this but just drop it if you want to lol
Nov 3, 2021 7:19 PM
Jan 2021
It’s a comedy, the show is made like that. The side characters are supposed to resemble a certain personality trait as a pun on their name. For instance, Najime in Japanese means “childhood friend” it’s a play on words. They embody a certain trait. I don’t think the show is trying to go for a deep drama. And it’s fine because comedies are supposed to do that. It’s just supposed to be a feel good comedy. Also that doesn’t mean that the characters are poorly written.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 3, 2021 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
Well, at least it's almost realistic.
Nov 3, 2021 7:55 PM
Dec 2018
Well.. somebody has really unrealistic expectations about character development on animated media.
Well, you want to see some character development then go read the manga, it has over 300 chapters and gives plenty of room to every character to shine and grow at least a little. Also, the best characters of komi-san won't show up in this season probably.

I don't even know why I got so mad.. lol
Nov 3, 2021 8:15 PM
Aug 2020
because this anime is bad
Nov 3, 2021 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
Nov 3, 2021 11:26 PM
Feb 2018
MitchellMi said:

yeah for me the 2nd year class is better than the 1st year, but they are still great friends for komi
maybe i like 2nd year more because they supports komi and tadano to be a couple
also manbagi is there too haha
Nov 3, 2021 11:33 PM
Feb 2018
MitchellMi said:

i like how more haters want to drop komi
Nov 3, 2021 11:37 PM
Feb 2021
TuxedoMarx45 said:
Well.. somebody has really unrealistic expectations about character development on animated media.
Well, you want to see some character development then go read the manga, it has over 300 chapters and gives plenty of room to every character to shine and grow at least a little. Also, the best characters of komi-san won't show up in this season probably.

I don't even know why I got so mad.. lol
are you talking about manbagi?
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Nov 3, 2021 11:51 PM
Jun 2021
Pretty sure its the point of the comedy
Nov 4, 2021 12:25 AM
Jun 2021
MitchellMi said:
. Honestly, this post is pointless.
Nov 4, 2021 1:26 AM
Oct 2017
"Might drop it"

And why do you think we care weather you drop it or not? youre just another anime watcher, no one cares what you do
Nov 4, 2021 1:33 AM

Jul 2020
asscheeqe said:
Tbf this is probably how most high schoolers act. Iknow you said besides the mcs but I love Komi I find her compelling enough to watch the show solely for her

Hmm, so in your School, is there a Yandere and a Masochist?
tonaruto044 said:
MitchellMi said:
. Honestly, this post is pointless.

Yeah, didn't need to create an entire thread for it when episode discussion exists.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 4, 2021 1:55 AM

Apr 2021
I komi fan and i not simp
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Nov 4, 2021 2:05 AM
Dec 2018
shivamrajput958 said:
are you talking about manbagi?

Rumiko, ASE and Nature, they are just great in the second year.
Nov 4, 2021 4:19 AM

Mar 2020
Bro it's literally just a gag anime, it ain't that serious
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Nov 4, 2021 5:31 AM

Jul 2015
Xerx62 said:
A terrible gag anime that is. Ever seen Gintama?

Nov 4, 2021 5:34 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"Shallow" wasn't the first word that came to mind. "Annoying" is more like it, when describing the side characters we got so far. If it had focused completely on just komi-san and tadano, I would have been enjoying this way more. But I guess that's impossible to do when the main goal is for her to get 100 friends. There's bound to be a lot of characters, and a lot of them are probably going to be annoying... or shallow....

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 4, 2021 6:49 AM

Mar 2020
MitchellMi said:
Xerx62 said:

Yes, actually, it's my favourite anime. Komi-san definitely doesn't seem to come close but judging from the first 2 eps it's kinda fun (to me). Reminds me of Kaguya sama, though I think that one is better too.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Nov 4, 2021 9:04 AM
Feb 2021
I'm watching slice of life, I'm not expecting each character to have some convoluted backstory.
Nov 4, 2021 12:27 PM

Mar 2014
I mean if their name meanings in Japanese are basically their character's personalities and it's a school drama, slice of life anime....I don't know what else to say. Its not really that deep and whether you find it funny or not is all subjective.

If its that much of a bother for you, don't have to continue this. I for one like the idea of knowing what their character is going to be like based off their names. Also makes my Japanese studying more interesting personally.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 5, 2021 2:34 AM

Jul 2015
HueyLion said:
I mean if their name meanings in Japanese are basically their character's personalities and it's a school drama, slice of life anime....I don't know what else to say. Its not really that deep and whether you find it funny or not is all subjective.

If its that much of a bother for you, don't have to continue this. I for one like the idea of knowing what their character is going to be like based off their names. Also makes my Japanese studying more interesting personally.

Yeah dude. I kinda went into this anime expecting heavy characterisation like in A Silent Voice with a more upbeat tone and stuff. Might wait it out and stick around, cause only the side characters annoy me.

Nov 5, 2021 4:10 AM

Jul 2021
It's funny how people are dropping this series though I don't care about their opinion so I wouldn't take it seriously and tbf, it gets repetitive and I would love it to just focus on Komi-san and Tadano in particular, but I still enjoy the side characters especially Najimi which is why I give it a solid 8.5/10 since for me really it's just a typical romcom and somewhat the characters have those semi-realistic personality which I find some of them to be relatable, they're also fun and as chapters goes on, they create good and funny memories with each other that'll never be forgotten and it just remains subjective from my own perspective which is how basically the story goes, just blending with a school drama and slice to life :> Lastly, not trying to be mean or anything but if you can't handle with any shallow characters, you don't need to continue watching this series and just drop it as you please because yk there's such thing as "better off watching something else" that'll exceed your personal enjoyment simple as that :).
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 5, 2021 4:41 AM
Oct 2019
I'm speechless reading this thread.
Nov 5, 2021 8:45 AM

Jul 2019
Damn. The supporting cast is the main reason I watch this. x)
Life is a despicable endurance race
Nov 5, 2021 8:49 AM

Jan 2020
The freakin yandere character we could’ve lived without. The others are ok
Nov 7, 2021 4:21 AM
Sep 2021
Well the only MCs are komi , tadano and Osano . All the others are just plain side characters .So I dont think it was a bad idea to make the side characters shallow
Nov 7, 2021 9:20 AM

May 2009
MitchellMi said:
Xerx62 said:

Gintama was best when was mostly comedy with occasional "serious" arc. That's why only first two seasons deserve 9/10.
Nov 8, 2021 12:07 PM
Dec 2020
maybe becuase they have a different vibe? there not very some fanservice character or some usual thing that romcom anime have, I think?
Nov 8, 2021 2:49 PM
Jun 2013
Dude watched 4/5 episodes of a Slice of Life comedy with over the top characters and is whining about depth... -_-
Nov 9, 2021 2:43 AM
Jan 2018
The characters names spell out there trope
Nov 9, 2021 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah I agree. I did like Najimi somewhat but every other character is there just to waste time of the show so far. But the thing is, anime fans are into lazy work and love to praise one dimensional character traits, so unfortunately you'll see a lot of people defending this bad aspect of the show.
Nov 9, 2021 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
"Why are all the characters so shallow?"

Maybe because Komi-san is on a quest to find 100 real friends and she has to go through the riff-raff in order to find them.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 9, 2021 2:12 PM

Jul 2019
People say it's just tropes and that's comedy are something else. Today's comedy and rom-com are reaching so low.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Nov 9, 2021 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
MitchellMi said:
Besides de MCs I just hate the entire cast. Their loud ass shallow remarks just make this anime borderline unwatchable. Is it gonna get any better, or is the supporting cast just there for annoying gags?

People love mediocre shows, they don’t know any better, they are all like 17 on this forum, barely watched anything earlier than 2018. Remember the Kaguya sama hype, same thing.
Nov 9, 2021 5:51 PM
Sep 2020
MitchellMi said:
Xerx62 said:
Bruh it's subjective, just because you thought Gintama is funny to you doesn't mean everyone has to agree, Nih elitis kampret gak ada kerjaan banget Wtf men....
Nov 10, 2021 6:15 AM

Nov 2019
Seriously, how could people perceive of the characters as parody, if the characters themselves don't hold any meaning or message within? What are they trying to making fun of as the writing has been hurting my d*** during this No Nut November?
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 10, 2021 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
Murayama75 said:
MitchellMi said:
Bruh it's subjective, just because you thought Gintama is funny to you doesn't mean everyone has to agree, Nih elitis kampret gak ada kerjaan banget Wtf men....

The hell do you mean? I'm not allowed to state something is objectively better than something else? You make it seem like film and animation are jokes. People like me pay money to go to film school to eventually produce QUALITY work. Without ranking, art would not exist. Hell, even this website wouldn't exist. It's a place where people discuss and CRITICIZE anime. The fact that something is worthy of objective criticism gives the medium value.

What are you gonna tell me next? That the Joker movie is better than the Godfather, just because that is your 'subjective' opinion?

Nov 10, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
MangoSamurai said:
MitchellMi said:

People love mediocre shows, they don’t know any better, they are all like 17 on this forum, barely watched anything earlier than 2018. Remember the Kaguya sama hype, same thing.

this is literally the objective answer to the original poster's question

Nov 10, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2018
BetaMaleUltra said:
"Shallow" wasn't the first word that came to mind. "Annoying" is more like it, when describing the side characters we got so far. If it had focused completely on just komi-san and tadano, I would have been enjoying this way more. But I guess that's impossible to do when the main goal is for her to get 100 friends. There's bound to be a lot of characters, and a lot of them are probably going to be annoying... or shallow....

Making 100 friends doesn't have to be shown in every detail (not every one of them have to be a reoccuring character or be even shown. In this case most are).
Imagine if battle royale with 100 survivors would give personality or backstory or some amount of plot to every 100 of them. It shouldn't be done in the first place. And nobody complains if they don't do it. Because nobody would care. It doesn't add anything to the main plot or main character's development. It's just filler for the most part.
Dec 3, 2021 1:53 AM
Sep 2020
MitchellMi said:
Murayama75 said:

The hell do you mean? I'm not allowed to state something is objectively better than something else? You make it seem like film and animation are jokes. People like me pay money to go to film school to eventually produce QUALITY work. Without ranking, art would not exist. Hell, even this website wouldn't exist. It's a place where people discuss and CRITICIZE anime. The fact that something is worthy of objective criticism gives the medium value.

What are you gonna tell me next? That the Joker movie is better than the Godfather, just because that is your 'subjective' opinion?
Yeah ofc film and animation are jokes. Makanya ucapan lu itu subjektif kampret, gintama gak lebih lucu dari komi san badut, gak peduli gw lu mau ngehabisin banyak duit buat pergi ke sekolah film yg jelas cuma mubazir anjink.

duh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

66 by CrUwUsader »»
May 14, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

129 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

114 by drizzle-midnight »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

219 by LIAV001 »»
Apr 21, 1:10 AM

» Not very comedic… ( 1 2 )

sailorday- - Mar 1, 2022

87 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 16, 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.