Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2020
I’m a huge comedy fan. I see that toradora is high up on the list I terms of popularity and has a great score too. I have not watched too many romance anime tho. I’m looking for something that is funny and has a decent strong. Do you think toradora is a good fit for me? Should I watch this next?
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Nov 3, 2021 9:18 AM
Feb 2021
I vote yes! Toradora is so good! Still one of the best animes I've ever seen! Totally worth it.
Nov 3, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
If you like tsundere comedy without the sharp remarks and light hearted than yeah you might like the comedy
The show is more focused on drama thou (not sure been a while since I last saw it)
Nov 3, 2021 9:21 AM
Feb 2021
It’s up to u but.. I hated this show the beginning was pretty good but it went downhill fast, it got very boring in the middle and the end felt rushed. Overall there was too many unnecessary scenes, the characters are annoying and don’t get any decent character development until like the last ep. Also the dialogue is corny af and the comedy wasn’t really funny at all. But go ahead if u think you’ll like it.
Nov 3, 2021 9:25 AM

Sep 2020
I feel that toradora's comedy is quite a bit better compared to other similar romances, some jokes gave me a good laugh but comedy is far from the main focus so you shouldn't expect a whole lot of it .
Nov 3, 2021 9:32 AM

Jan 2020
There is comedy, but it isn't the main focus. Drama is. I might be remembering wrong though. It's a great show either way.
Nov 3, 2021 9:41 AM
Mar 2021
I would recommend to anyone. Its my 3rd favorite anime and one of the first romance I watched. It's more of a drama than a comedy though. The only thing I don't like is the ending which is why I gave it a 9 and not a 10 but I think its fantastic and worth a watch.
Nov 3, 2021 9:45 AM
Dec 2020
I absolutely hate romance has a genre in terms of live action reading and anime but this is the only time where I’ve truly liked the story and characters in this type of genre. Please watch (this is coming from a shounen junky)
Nov 3, 2021 10:11 AM
Sep 2021
Its a light hearted show, this type of show is more of one that will make you smile like a dummy throughout the first half. The jokes are funny but I wasn't laughing out loud constantly like (Love is war, toilet bound hanako kun, etc) but its funny and it has almost this summer school vibe that you miss when the show ends.

It becomes dramatic a bit more in the second half but nothing you can't handle (Not your lie on april level where the second half is constantly sad). However, one thing, the characters are a bit bland so if your very or even pretty noticing of that thing you will notice they all kinda fit in a troupe and Taiga is like the most tsundere of tsunderes ever, and I dont even like tsunderes that beat up the mc as I like sincere bonds, which this show doesn't deliver much on, doesnt mean its bad though. It's not as mature as compared to some of the best romance anime out there, but that still doesn't mean that's a bad thing per say, not mature is fun at times and the show has its mature moments.

Overall I'd say give it a shot, HOWEVER if you don't like how taiga (the tsundere) beats the mc in the first few episodes, drop it. You won't like the show much after that (I can't spoil things but even when You think everyone grows and you think the relationships of the main characters will become sincere, the hitting is still there which was what stopped me from thoroughly enjoying the show). Dont think your missing out on a must watch if you don't want to watch the show anymore, hope that helps!
weebisme1Nov 3, 2021 10:14 AM
Nov 3, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2020
Yes I recommend golden time
Nov 3, 2021 10:31 AM
Jul 2021
I personally didn’t really like this anime from the beginning. The jokes felt so forced. The drama felt so forced. The male and female leads (Ryuuji and Taiga) were so plain. I didn’t like the ending either, it was
He also
Nov 3, 2021 10:59 AM
Jan 2021
Yes, it’s very good. I do prefer the dub in this anime tho. The female MC’s sub voice is kinda annoying
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Nov 3, 2021 11:40 AM
May 2020
YES (character limit)
Nov 3, 2021 12:06 PM
Sep 2021
No it was so boring (my opinion)
Nov 3, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2021
Well I don't really like the MC as she's a violent tsundere. You can maybe try Love,chunibyou and other delusions.
Nov 3, 2021 12:32 PM
Sep 2020
Recommended but you can live without it. I'd recommend Golden Time (same author as Toradora) if you want more refined work.
Nov 3, 2021 12:38 PM
Sep 2020
Yea now do it fast do it now it’s the best romantic/comedy anime ever fr I everyone to watch it now!!!
Nov 3, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2017
OscarJuelEngblom said:
Yea now do it fast do it now it’s the best romantic/comedy anime ever fr I everyone to watch it now!!!
Nah fam Tonikawa is peak romance

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 3, 2021 1:20 PM
Aug 2021
I refused to watch this anime for years. And just this year i went for it. It was good. Great? No. But it had funny parts. It had wholesome parts. It had sad parts. It had slice of life parts. Its one of those anime youll have to give a try on a few episodes to see if its right for you. Main story is just this girl and guy who both like different people and they try to help each other get with those people. For them to end up liking each other. Also this anime has a very good fight scene that id recommend looking up on youtube. Its animated beautiful and has a lot of emotional feelings behind it. But watching the anime build up to that scene has a lot more context to the emotions im talking about.
Nov 3, 2021 1:21 PM
Aug 2021
PokestarFan said:
OscarJuelEngblom said:
Nah fam Tonikawa is peak romance

That tonikawa OP goes hard. Best song for anime ever. Could listen to that on repeat for hours. One anime opening no one should skip.
Nov 3, 2021 1:50 PM
Sep 2021
I'm currently watching it while I'm working from home and so far I like it. I don't know if I would call this one a top anime of all time but so far I'm enjoying it. I have to wait until I finish it to give it a review and score but give it a shot because I did.
Nov 3, 2021 2:23 PM
Nov 2021
I watched this anime many years ago but I did like it a lot. It definitely isn’t one of the “best” I’ve seen, but I found it fairly comedic mixed with romance and drama. It’s definitely worth a shot. And if you don’t like it, no worries, as there are plenty of other options that you may like better. Or you may find yourself falling in love with the anime. I do know I really enjoyed it after I got past the first few episodes 🙂
Nov 3, 2021 5:04 PM
Jul 2021
Nah bruh toradora was a mess. No.1 i don’t like most tsundere anime. No.2 Taiga rllllllllly annoyed me (like to the point that’s id just skip ahead in the episode to a better part) No.3 Started decent, then got worse up until the ending that was garbage. But at least give a go it won’t kill you
Nov 3, 2021 5:42 PM
Oct 2021
Toradora is a cute anime and it has a lot of funny moments, but it's definitely a drama and not a comedy! If you're looking for something funny or silly, I wouldn't go with this.
Nov 3, 2021 7:52 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
mechastro said:
I’m a huge comedy fan. I see that toradora is high up on the list I terms of popularity and has a great score too. I have not watched too many romance anime tho. I’m looking for something that is funny and has a decent strong. Do you think toradora is a good fit for me? Should I watch this next?

Sure, it seems like you answer your own question in the post to be honest😅😅👍👍
Nov 3, 2021 8:11 PM
Sep 2021
Uhh yeah of course. You should watch it. Though you may already know what the ending is going to be from the name.
Nov 4, 2021 12:11 AM
Feb 2021
Personally I didnt like this anime. The weird romance thing between taiga and the blue haired mf (i watched this a year ago) is weird and kinda fucked up… It was like a grown man with a child and he should have picked the blue haired chick overall 5/10 some of the scenes were okay but the humour wasnt funny and some scenes make you feel gross. There are plenty other romance animes to watch
Nov 4, 2021 1:17 AM
Jan 2021
Bruh what’s with your average score..
Nov 4, 2021 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
yea, go for it, it's pretty good.
Nov 4, 2021 4:05 AM
Nov 2020
No. It’s not good.
Nov 4, 2021 4:43 AM
Oct 2021
If you really want the laughs, theres not much to see here than slapstick comedy and some inside jokes. However, the romance part of the story is what really makes this show worth the time. I never regret binging it but I can assure you, rewatching it hits different.
Nov 4, 2021 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
If you hate annoying tsunderes then I recommend not to watch it. The comedy is not bad anyway.
Nov 4, 2021 4:47 AM
Feb 2021
If you want comedy watch kaguya sama
Nov 4, 2021 4:53 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
If you're okay with minimal romantic development and no pay off until the end. I can count the number of romantic beats that push their relationship forward, on one hand. But there's several other characters who each have their own significant stories I guess, by no means is it just about our main couple. The side stories are quite prominent on their own.

It's more about the journey in this case, rather than the destination. The destination is there to give you satisfaction, but it's the events that happen on the way there that are important. Or maybe I'm getting this all wrong and mixed up with another rom-com, it's been over a year since I watched this lol

Edit: Whoops I think I should leave you with a more clear answer. If you're on the fence about watching it, I'd say watch it. It is a rom-com, there is comedy, but from what I remember I PERSONALLY didn't dig the comedy that much. However when it goes for an emotional moment, I think it will succeed in hitting you in the feels. I remember getting moved quite deeply actually whenever a serious, emotional moment was taking place. I'd say watch it for the feels rather than the comedy. If you haven't watched many romance anime before, I think this is one of the best anime to get you introduced to the romance genre.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 4, 2021 5:18 AM
Oct 2021
You should watch it😋.
Nov 4, 2021 9:27 AM
May 2020
Yeah!! Is probably my favourite romance anime. I don’t know why people are saying that the main couple doesn’t progress, because they do. It’s honestly such a good anime, and the main couple really belong together. It’s super sweet!
wilbur24Nov 4, 2021 9:30 AM
Nov 4, 2021 3:00 PM
Sep 2020
No no have u seen the show it’s litreally love in ever y ep mate
Nov 4, 2021 9:00 PM
Jun 2021
I'd say it's definitely worth watching if you want good comedy, some heartwarming moments, and a good story overall. Though for me it was hard since the last episode was spoiled for me before I even started watching it, making me get confused and hate the show a bit. Character growth is slow, but overall, a great show!
Nov 5, 2021 3:28 PM
Aug 2019
I do not recommend. The history gets boring in the middle and the characters are not nothing special. But also romance animes do not my make my gender of animes. So if you like romance go for it
Nov 7, 2021 6:05 AM
Mar 2018
its a classic. its not a masterpiece but its not average. its a great introduction to anime tropes and the romance genre. but most importantly, its an iconic, great anime that every anime fan needs to finish at least once.

Dec 14, 2021 10:08 AM

Oct 2020
No, because the light novel is much better!
I read the light novel before watching the anime (I just watched the 5th episode) and I can tell you that the LN is way better then the anime.

The events are more complete, wayyyy funnier, and the authoress writes really well. Besides that, in the light novel you can read the characthers' inner thoughts, wich is really important in this type of show.

so yeah, read the ln
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Dec 14, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2020
Lavszera said:
No, because the light novel is much better!
I read the light novel before watching the anime (I just watched the 5th episode) and I can tell you that the LN is way better then the anime.

The events are more complete, wayyyy funnier, and the authoress writes really well. Besides that, in the light novel you can read the characthers' inner thoughts, wich is really important in this type of show.

so yeah, read the ln

Too late 😂😂😂.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1110 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 11, 2009

423 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ironchefflip - Mar 8, 2009

193 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Jan 21, 2009

421 by doge_monke »»
Jun 1, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 4, 2009

299 by Luandfghj »»
Jun 1, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.