Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2021 12:41 PM

Nov 2016
The whole conflict this episode reminded me strongly of

One Piece spoiler ahead
Similar tension. Personally, I got more irritated by Rudeus, lol.

His Shimoneta disguise + panty licking before made it easier for me to tolerate him.

Great episode and Paul proved to have excellent taste as always 😏 The most impressive thing in this series are lowkey the boob physics. That's coming from an ass man btw.

P.S. Opening gave me Aria vibes.
FMmatronOct 31, 2021 3:07 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2021 12:42 PM

Dec 2016
I really liked it how they showed how done Paul is with the world and his son. For the last 1 1/2 years he desperately searched for his family, while Rudeus didn't even thought of them. At least he saw his mistake, hopefully that leads to some character development. I also liked how Rudeus was portrait as the bad guy when Norn entered the scene, that for me showed how hard working Paul was.
Oct 31, 2021 12:45 PM

Jan 2018
dannymctavish said:
They both have valid points. Tho if i had to pick a side i’ll have to go with Paul like even if Rudy was just trying to survive the fact that the well being of his family, and friends never crossed his mind is pretty shitty of him. Tho i hate the way Paul reacted, you just met your son after a year and a half, for god sake show some sympathy. Instead of being angry that his son had it pretty easy compared to everyone else he should be happy that his son was lucky enough not to go through such a hard time, the lecturing can wait later. Also the first thing he should’ve done is show him his sister that he hasn’t seen in half a year like wtf. Tho in Paul’s defence he did look like he was in a tragic state.

I feel that's a misunderstanding the anime might've caused. Rudy didn't have it any easier compared to anyone else. He told the story in a way that made it look that way, and the anime also makes it look easy. But, if you look carefully, you'll see that there were pretty much zero humans in the Demon Continent. That's because 99% of the humans that go there end up dying. If Rudy and Eris didn't have Ruijerd, they'd probably have died. Rudy could've also easily died fighting the Anaconda on Episode 11 and the North Saint more recently. So I'd say Rudeus has it tougher than most other people caught up in the disaster, it's just that he happened to be strong and lucky enough to survive. But it could've easily ended up with his death. On the other hand, Paul had it pretty easy. Just a little while on horseback and he was back home, he didn't get thrown into warzones or the most dangerous freaking continent, so he doesn't have a clue.
giovgiacOct 31, 2021 12:53 PM
Oct 31, 2021 12:45 PM

Apr 2020
Wow this episode hits some great marks, and with that one of the best episodes of the series by far. It's kinda sad how we skip past the 3rd OP already, it actually sounds great but that can also be said to the new OP theme, which definitely fits the sound of a Christian church.

Okay...I knew Paul was coming. At the very first time I saw this season's ED, I knew that the jaded-looking man is him based on what he looks, but wow this is the point we get to meet him again after so long. Unfortunately, Rudy was still in that adventurer high and that was immediately shattered by the wake-up call that Paul gave him, why did Rudy not even care for his mother at all when he was arguably having fun most of the time.

Pretty tough knock into Rudy's face, and I was in silence looking at the other characters just staring at Rudy as he carelessly blah blah blah his stories, what a nice chop there. And to end it all off, Eris awkwardly comforting her, that was sweet. Although for a second, I thought that was supposed to be their "love scene", thank goodness it's not.

What an episode bro, another conflict for Rudy again as he must fix his shit to himself and to his father. Also did I not mention Norn? Yeah she has grown up, unfortunately she meeting her long-lost brother was not a delightful one.
Oct 31, 2021 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
Man fuck Paul. All my homies hate Paul. "How dare you try and survive and not ask about your family on the demon continent where barely anyone could have possibly heard anything about them?"
Oct 31, 2021 12:50 PM

Jul 2016
Start of Millis mini arc this episode. Rudeus meets his father and they reunited. But sadly it does not going smoothly between them, they misunderstand each other. Then it boils down to fighting which bring stopped by his little sister Norm, and for makes the matter worse, looks like she hated him because it looks like Rudeus bullying her father Paul. Then Rudy back to his inn despressed about the events of their reunion.

Then at the last part Ruijerd and Eris come back from their excursion. Eris is angry to Paul because of how he treated Rudy on their reunion. Then the episode ends with Eris hugging Rudy to cheer up which is wholesome and sweet.

Overall great episode and one of my anticipated reunion in this volume delivered nicely

Oct 31, 2021 12:53 PM
Nov 2020
Paul always thought that Rudeus is so genius that he forgot he's still a young boy who got teleported to unfamiliar lands. Heck even adults would struggle if they're in Rudeus' place.
Oct 31, 2021 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man fuck Paul. All my homies hate Paul. "How dare you try and survive and not ask about your family on the demon continent where barely anyone could have possibly heard anything about them?"

"Why not ask about your family on the demon continent where anyone would've eaten you alive if you did"
"Or ask in the beast village where they kept you in a cage to starve to death without letting you say a single thing"
Oct 31, 2021 12:57 PM
Apr 2021
For this episode, finally rudeus finish to millis city,meet him father and his sister ( Norn Greyrat).
Not be imagine, should meet son and father not seen one half year happy moment, but they are fight and missunderstanding :').
And last, Eris is very plain and make her Kawai (cute) ❤️
Oct 31, 2021 1:02 PM
Dec 2020
giovgiac said:
dannymctavish said:
They both have valid points. Tho if i had to pick a side i’ll have to go with Paul like even if Rudy was just trying to survive the fact that the well being of his family, and friends never crossed his mind is pretty shitty of him. Tho i hate the way Paul reacted, you just met your son after a year and a half, for god sake show some sympathy. Instead of being angry that his son had it pretty easy compared to everyone else he should be happy that his son was lucky enough not to go through such a hard time, the lecturing can wait later. Also the first thing he should’ve done is show him his sister that he hasn’t seen in half a year like wtf. Tho in Paul’s defence he did look like he was in a tragic state.

I feel that's a misunderstanding the anime might've caused. Rudy didn't have it any easy compared to anyone else. He told the story in a way that made it look that way, and the anime also makes it look easy. But, if you look carefully, you'll see that there were pretty much zero humans in the Demon Continent. That's because 99% of the humans that go there end up dying. If Rudy and Eris didn't have Ruijierd, they'd probably have died. Rudy could've also easily died fighting the Anaconda on Episode 11 and the North Saint more recently. So I'd say Rudeus has it tougher than most other people caught up in the disaster, it's just that he happened to be strong and lucky enough to survive. But it could easily ended up with his death. On the other hand, Paul had it pretty easy. Just a little while on horseback and he was back home, he didn't get thrown into warzones or the most dangerous freaking continent, so he doesn't have a clue.
By everyone else i mean the people who disappeared, and I think we can both agree that Rudy had it better off than all the others who disappeared, like you said if he wasn’t lucky enough to have found Ruijierd he would probably be dead rn. Also i think your underestimating the mental stress Paul is under but thats just my opinion.
Oct 31, 2021 1:03 PM
Jan 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Have certainly seen someone else too wearing that same kind of mask.

And finally meeting up with Paul, yeah Paul of all people, and that heated argument with him, clearly showing the state of mind both Rudeus and Paul are in. For now atleast he's aware of the situation he was oblivious of up until now.

Yeah you're probably thinking about shimoneta anime, the anime uses the mask like that lol.
Oct 31, 2021 1:06 PM

Jan 2018
dannymctavish said:
giovgiac said:

I feel that's a misunderstanding the anime might've caused. Rudy didn't have it any easy compared to anyone else. He told the story in a way that made it look that way, and the anime also makes it look easy. But, if you look carefully, you'll see that there were pretty much zero humans in the Demon Continent. That's because 99% of the humans that go there end up dying. If Rudy and Eris didn't have Ruijierd, they'd probably have died. Rudy could've also easily died fighting the Anaconda on Episode 11 and the North Saint more recently. So I'd say Rudeus has it tougher than most other people caught up in the disaster, it's just that he happened to be strong and lucky enough to survive. But it could easily ended up with his death. On the other hand, Paul had it pretty easy. Just a little while on horseback and he was back home, he didn't get thrown into warzones or the most dangerous freaking continent, so he doesn't have a clue.
By everyone else i mean the people who disappeared, and I think we can both agree that Rudy had it better off than all the others who disappeared, like you said if he wasn’t lucky enough to have found Ruijierd he would probably be dead rn. Also i think your underestimating the mental stress Paul is under but thats just my opinion.

I agree that Paul's stressed, but that just makes him more wrong. Being in a bad state of mind doesn't make it right for him to say that kind of stuff to his child. He should've been happy that Rudeus is alive and well, without even worrying about the details, that's what parents should do. Now, of course Rudeus is better off than people who are dead or disappeared. But that's his own merit, he had pretty much a guaranteed chance of death, and anyone else in a similar position as his did in fact die. The disaster is not Rudeus' fault and you can't blame him because people died or got enslaved. It's also not his responsibility to go around saving the other victims. He had a lot on his plate, trying to keep the group united, earn money to keep advancing, protecting Eris and smuggling Ruijerd. Of course he could've done better, everyone can always do better. But to blame him and say he didn't do enough? He performed a miracle. It's insanity to request anything more from the guy.
giovgiacOct 31, 2021 1:09 PM
Oct 31, 2021 1:09 PM
Aug 2020
Fuckin amazing, everything was executed very well done on this eps
Oct 31, 2021 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
- That's a nice cliff-side to start off the episode with. Its textured moss-covered surfaces gave me a little bit of joy in these troubled times and man, these goddamn flowers! They're not really "moving" as much as the animators are just dragging in it a bit with a tool, but the presentation is one of the things that's consistently stellar about it. The manner in which it uses its "OP time" to typically showcase the daily lives of the everyday denizen does or just draw out vast swaths of nature lend life to its world in a way a standardized J-pop intro will consistently drag me out of.

- I suppose we based the "Tsun" stage of her development a little while ago but wanting to "Learn to cook for your crush" must be a very Japanese thing given how it consistently comes up. I swear, I see it in western media but not as consistently and with this emphasis.

-I'm not sure Rudy's plan for increasing their reputation is that great. My memory is fuzzy on this detail but didn't Eris freak the fuck out even after having been helped out? If I know my anime racism well, it's usually thrown back in their face but you never know I guess.

-Hey, this is just like the actual Goblin Slayer anime.

-These kidnappers are holding way too much food and don't have the characteristic "Evil grin" to be bad people, Rudy. God, don't you know anime tropes!?

-Oh fucking Christ, this woman's outfit could break my rips with how hard it's making me cringe. I'd hoped the cringe would cease with how Ghislaine was dressed but a steel bikini is rock bottom.

-This crowd and Paul are being fairly unnecessarily cruel on Rudy, but I feel like that's a consistent thing with people he encounters. He wasn't there to witness everyone being just "gone", so the scope of it would of course escape him being that he was focused on returning home. Not that they'd know, or accept Rudy's explanation of it if he thought to give those words out.

-Thank you, Eris.

-Rudy's recap at the start of the episode was a bit unnecessary too.

Oh, and I wasn't bored. Huzzah for that.
Oct 31, 2021 1:10 PM

Jan 2019
Quite a good episode.

Some of my thoughts:
Of course it would've been better if Rudeus would have thought of the extent of the disaster or tried to research it on the way, 1.5 years without doing it is almost sus... It would've been better if he would've tried to ask what is the state of his hometown or nearby cities from the docks or guilds. But even without doing these things you can't really blame him or at the very least, we the viewers can't. Its like a weird isekai rule to us, you get blasted somewhere unknown and then "your" adventure begins.

Rudeus is not a bad person. He wants to be better, but I think he might be afraid or even conflicted.
I would like him to act more like a hero where I feel he should, but honestly, its my wishful thinking of how I'd like to act (he is supposed to be more of a realistic character after all). For me personally, there are so many things I'd like to do in life but I can't bring myself to take the steps. For example, if I choose one, I choose to abandon others, so instead I end up choosing to wonder why there is a choice to begin with. From my perspective it seems that the character of Rudeus has some sort of a rooted problem holding him back. There has to be a key, but even then some locks are broken. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

For the amplified pervy side of Rudeus, I can only assume it is because he still feels that he is in a different body, a different world. Every time he is visited by the "god" he remains in his old body. Its as if the world hes in is not that real to him. If its not his world or body, there is a "delusional" layer between any attachment he makes in that world.

Since Paul has no idea of Rudeus' real story, the punch is understandable, but borderline unnecessary. Paul is the brawling type (Rudeus knows it as well), so its within the character to cross that line more easily. However, during the entire encounter, Rudeus was definitely not reading the room, (palpably selfish) didn't even try to understand but was throwing jokes and expecting this to be sort of an NPC reunion.

In summary, a shitty turn of events :b
Oct 31, 2021 1:11 PM

May 2020
This was honestly the best episode of part 2 so far. Reunion definitely didn't go as planned. The way Rudy explained to his dad definitely didn't help his argument (not that it was his fault), and Paul of course acted mostly unreasonable making it sound as if Rudy was having a nice time out. But somewhere down the line, I do feel that Rudy could have sent in a message about his current well being and inquiring about the situation back home, again how much this would have helped is debatable though. Because according to Rudy, he didn't assume the teleportation would have affected his village too.

Cute ending, hope they find the rest of their family members in the coming episodes.

Maybe try sleeping?

Oct 31, 2021 1:12 PM
Feb 2021
Nurularifin said:
Paul always thought that Rudeus is so genius that he forgot he's still a young boy who got teleported to unfamiliar lands. Heck even adults would struggle if they're in Rudeus' place.

I saw this same comment in youtube by the name of Just Your Average Yotsubro.
Oct 31, 2021 1:13 PM
Feb 2021
I am anticipating an increase in MAL score after this episode.
Oct 31, 2021 1:16 PM

Dec 2013
Paul's a scumbag as always.
Eris keeps getting better and better.
WhayleOct 31, 2021 1:20 PM
Oct 31, 2021 1:19 PM

May 2020
Fade_ said:

Some of my thoughts:
Of course it would've been better if Rudeus would have thought of the extent of the disaster or tried to research it on the way, 1.5 years without doing it is almost sus... It would've been better if he would've tried to ask what is the state of his hometown or nearby cities from the docks or guilds. But even without doing these things you can't really blame him or at the very least, we the viewers can't. Its like a weird isekai rule to us, you get blasted somewhere unknown and then "your" adventure begins.

Yea had very similar thoughts too. At the very least, to send in a message back home about his current status would have been possible? If someone has thoughts on why it wasn't possible, an explanation would help.

Maybe try sleeping?

Oct 31, 2021 1:22 PM
Mar 2018
Marinate1016 said:
The mark of good storytelling is allowing you to get lost in the characters’ thoughts and to see the world how they see it. I can honestly say that it legitimately never occurred to me that Rudy never checked for survivors, that he never went out to find info on what happened. He really did get so caught up in his adventures that he forgot, and we did too.

The whole convo with Paul hurt. You can see how he’s gone from such a cheerful man to depressed and heartbroken. The disappointment in his voice with Rudy really hurt to hear. Great episode.
Well said. Tho Rudy was more ignorant than forgetful, as given how close he was to his father, he still gave bad remarks about Paul cheating despite how visible Paul’s hardship is on his face
Oct 31, 2021 1:24 PM

Jun 2011
Altter said:
Dukino said:

Paul is just extremely disappointed in Rudy. He knows Rudy is smart and strong so he assumed Rudy would be using that to find people not just adventure with Eris. But of course Paul doesn't know the hardships Rudy has gone through too

Doesn't help that
1/ Paul was drunk
2/ Rudy intentionally made it sound like a happy-go-lucky adventure
3/ Rudy just assumed Paul cheated on Zenith and Lilia and taunted him for that

Their conversation and fight was indeed painful to watch but I found it kinda hard to take anyone's side. The communication between the two just wasn't good which is not surprising knowing that both were focused on their own hardships.

I'm just surprised why Rudeus was so clueless and didn't realise to ask about his family or even about Paul, seeing how obvious it was that Paul is not looking well.. Could this be a remnant of his past anti-social hikikomori self?

Hopefully they manage to mend their relationship at some point.
Oct 31, 2021 1:26 PM

Jan 2020
This episode was a pretty emotional one. I wasn't expecting him to just meet up with Paul right here (or this season for that matter) New opening sounded pretty great and it was quite sad seeing the state Rudy was in after that whole meeting

Oct 31, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
Man, this episode was on another level... you could see how Rudeus was desperate to get some recognition from his father, who is quite desperate and was in the belief that Rudeus would surely do something about that disaster, and in the end, they both leave upset. I really hate to see them not getting along after such a long time. But for me the best part was the scene at the end when Eris was soothing Rudeus, that scene was just purely wholesome.
Oct 31, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2018
20Dumpling said:
Fade_ said:

Some of my thoughts:

Yea had very similar thoughts too. At the very least, to send in a message back home about his current status would have been possible? If someone has thoughts on why it wasn't possible, an explanation would help.

It's not that easy, actually. As soon as he arrived in Millishon, Rudeus was about to send a letter to Paul and his family. He didn't do it on the Demon Continent because it's not that easy. Rudeus asking around wouldn't really get him any answers. The first ones to bring news about the Mana Disaster to the Demon Continent were Roxy and her party, which as we watched were just getting to the Continent when Rudeus was departing. That is, asking about the Disaster would've yielded nothing, because no one knew about it in the first place. Then, when he got to Zant Port, Rudeus got involved with the Smugglers and the Beast Tribe and spent months trapped in the forest due to the rain periods. In other words, there was absolutely no way he could've found out about it, because he never went to the Guild in Zant Port and he didn't meet up with Roxy in Wind Port. Finally, sending letters from the Demon Continent to the Human Continents isn't that simple. If you take a look at the Demon Continent, you'll see there was barely any humans, because 99% of the ones that actually go there end up dying. It's way too dangerous of a continent. Even if he did manage to send a message, it would likely take longer to arrive than him, so not really worth it.
Oct 31, 2021 1:30 PM
Dec 2020
giovgiac said:
dannymctavish said:

I agree that Paul's stressed, but that just makes him more wrong. Being in a bad state of mind doesn't make it right for him to say that kind of stuff to his child. He should've been happy that Rudeus is alive and well, without even worrying about the details, that's what parents should do. Now, of course Rudeus is better off than people who are dead or disappeared. But that's his own merit, he had pretty much a guaranteed chance of death, and anyone else in a similar position as his did in fact die. The disaster is not Rudeus' fault and you can't blame him because people died or got enslaved.
Just to be clear I agree with Paul that Rudy should have shown more care for his family and friends thats what i think Paul is mad about. Also I totally agree that the way Paul reacted was shitty,(thats what i said in my first comment) just cause I acknowledged the he was in a shitty state doesn’t mean i didn’t hate the way he reacted. The part I disagree with you about is that Rudy is better off than the others because of his own merit. Like you just said: if Rudy had never been lucky enough to find Ruijerd he probably will be dead by now, there’s also a bunch of other lucky things that happened to Rudy like the eye but by now i think you get my point. I don’t say this to discredit Rudy’s skills and achievements its just a fact that if Rudy teleported there by himself and had absolutely no one to help him he’ll most likely be dead by now.
Oct 31, 2021 1:35 PM

May 2020
giovgiac said:
20Dumpling said:

It's not that easy, actually. As soon as he arrived in Millishon, Rudeus was about to send a letter to Paul and his family. He didn't do it on the Demon Continent because it's not that easy. Rudeus asking around wouldn't really get him any answers. The first ones to bring news about the Mana Disaster to the Demon Continent were Roxy and her party, which as we watched were just getting to the Continent when Rudeus was departing. That is, asking about the Disaster would've yielded nothing, because no one knew about it in the first place. Then, when he got to Zant Port, Rudeus got involved with the Smugglers and the Beast Tribe and spent months trapped in the forest due to the rain periods. In other words, there was absolutely no way he could've found out about it, because he never went to the Guild in Zant Port and he didn't meet up with Roxy in Wind Port. Finally, sending letters from the Demon Continent to the Human Continents isn't that simple. If you take a look at the Demon Continent, you'll see there was barely any humans, because 99% of the ones that actually go there end up dying. It's way too dangerous of a continent. Even if he did manage to send a message, it would likely take longer to arrive than him, so not really worth it.

Fairly put for sure. The only thing is though that the fact that Rudy didn't try even try to learn about it regardless of the outcome itself. The fact that he does say that "That thought didn't cross his mind" regarding the whole incident itself could be the troubling part. I'm not saying we would have got results but him not trying to get any info could very well be a mistake on his side.

Maybe try sleeping?

Oct 31, 2021 1:36 PM

Sep 2018
Beautiful episode, it was a real improvement on the depiction in the manga which was tough to pull off
Oct 31, 2021 1:37 PM
Dec 2020
giovgiac said:
dannymctavish said:

I agree that Paul's stressed, but that just makes him more wrong. Being in a bad state of mind doesn't make it right for him to say that kind of stuff to his child. He should've been happy that Rudeus is alive and well, without even worrying about the details, that's what parents should do. Now, of course Rudeus is better off than people who are dead or disappeared. But that's his own merit, he had pretty much a guaranteed chance of death, and anyone else in a similar position as his did in fact die. The disaster is not Rudeus' fault and you can't blame him because people died or got enslaved. It's also not his responsibility to go around saving the other victims. He had a lot on his plate, trying to keep the group united, earn money to keep advancing, protecting Eris and smuggling Ruijerd. Of course he could've done better, everyone can always do better. But to blame him and say he didn't do enough? He performed a miracle. It's insanity to request anything more from the guy.
Also if Rudy tried to make sure his family and friends were safe by checking with the adventures guild about the incident like his dad said or even writing to make sure their ok also like his dad said then he would’ve definitely found out what happened, and I think Rudy would have actively started searching for them despite everything else he was going through but again thats just my opinion
Oct 31, 2021 1:40 PM

Jan 2018
20Dumpling said:
giovgiac said:

Fairly put for sure. The only thing is though that the fact that Rudy didn't try even try to learn about it regardless of the outcome itself. The fact that he does say that "That thought didn't cross his mind" regarding the whole incident itself could be the troubling part. I'm not saying we would have got results but him not trying to get any info could very well be a mistake on his side.

I do agree that he could've tried to learn more about it. But I guess he didn't think it was that large scale. I think most people wouldn't really imagine that the disaster was that big. Especially Rudeus' family lived in Buena Village which wasn't exactly very close to where they were. It was a few weeks distance at least. Considering that Eris' family might've been teleported as well was one thing, but Rudeus' family was much farther away, so I can understand why the thought didn't cross his mind. Plus they were under constant stress during the journey.

I personally think Rudeus' biggest fault in this case was his absolute inability to read the mood and his father, making him give a wrong tone to his story. He purposely made it sound like a fun adventure, which was a big mistake on his part.
Oct 31, 2021 1:43 PM

Jan 2018
dannymctavish said:
giovgiac said:

Also if Rudy tried to make sure his family and friends were safe by checking with the adventures guild about the incident like his dad said or even writing to make sure their ok also like his dad said then he would’ve definitely found out what happened, and I think Rudy would have actively started searching for them despite everything else he was going through but again thats just my opinion

That's wrong, though. The adventurer's guild on the Demon's Continent didn't know about it. And Rudeus never visited the adventurer's guild on the Millis Continent because of the beasts, smugglers and the rain periods. Paul was just being unreasonable. And as I said, even if Rudy searched for anyone, it wouldn't change anything. Nobody could survive the Demon Continent, and Rudeus was stuck in the Beast Territory during his stay in the Millis Continent. It seems a lot of people don't quite understand the delay of information in this world. As well as the fact that the Demon Continent doesn't have a lot of traffic with the other continents, so it's particularly weak in the information and letter department.
Oct 31, 2021 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
dannymctavish said:
giovgiac said:

We have to keep in mind though that Rudeus is right, he had a lot on his plate... That still doesn't change the fact that he should've thought more of his family, but it doesn't change the fact that his father approaches things in the wrong way either.
First of all, he sees his son and learns that he lives, and then he proceeds to scold him about not sending a letter or finding out about what happened, even though he was in a different part of the world where he barely survived and puts all the blame on a 10 yr old and also bullies him about his relationship with Eris while he himself has a history of being a douchebag and continously sleeping with women, even after marriage and with the girls from the guild. Instead of keeping a strong mental, he gives in to alcohol and sexual satisfaction to cope with the dissapearance of his family, that's no way to handle things, no matter how you look at it. He also showed aggression to his son even though he knows that his daughter could see them and unfortunately she saw something negative.
Oct 31, 2021 1:54 PM
May 2021
FlamepriesT said:
Paul still trash.

What does Paul do? Instead of being happy for the fact Rudeus is safe, he fucking blames him for not burdening himself with the fate of an entire village. As if that were his responsibility in the first place. On top of that, Paul scolds Rudeus for being worried about someone far more likely to be vulnerable and in trouble than his mother.

This clown has it all backwards. And considering all the wrong shit he's done in his life, I'm surprised he has the nerve to judge his son (who did nothing wrong to begin with). What a shitty father.

Agreed! I was glad when Rudy punched him. The reaction of a real parent would have been to be grateful he's alive, check he's ok and ask why he didn't respond to the message first then buy the boy something to eat whilst breaking the awful news about the mana incident and the village. Then we exchange stories. Paul is such trash. Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 31, 2021 1:55 PM

Aug 2019
dannymctavish said:
giovgiac said:

When Paul sent Rudy away for 5 years he specifically mentioned that he can't send letters home or make any form of contact with his family.
Rudy didn't know about the size of the teleportation accident, presumed everyone was ok.
Also Roxy left her village 20 years ago and never wrote or made any form of contact.
Oct 31, 2021 2:12 PM
Oct 2020
At last, the arc I've been waiting for to be animated has finally arrived, and it was perfection. The drama between Paul and Rudeus plus the major development eris is gaining is the reason why I continue to love and support this series.
Oct 31, 2021 2:13 PM
Jun 2013
(Translated with Google because I wrote A LOT about this episode and don't want to write that lot but in english):

The fucking city of Millis, what a fucking beauty, what attention to detail that even from far away from the city looks well interconnected, what atrocious as they have interpreted the city in the anime. The fucking EGG Studio is too talented. And well, the ost, not to vary, a treat for the ears.
On the way to Millis while the guitar was playing, it gave me a bit of memory of the same guitar that sounded while they were moving around the island looking for El Dorado, in the animation film of the same name, but hey, that's more of me. Well set the way.

I guess it's not necessary to say why it's called the Sacred City of Millis, since they've focused on a couple of buildings, so let's get down to business.

Ignoring the Hentai Kamen moment (which for some reason is still a recurring gag to this day) and let's go to meet Paul.
Do you remember that man totally out of an average Isekai who captured the attention of all the girls and who wanted (and could) have his own harem? Well, forget about him.

I think the effects they have had on him this year and a half of desperation looking for his family, a year and a half without a single clue sign, absolute desperation to believe that only he and Norn remained. Regarding the obvious question that you will ask, I think that in the original work I did not mention that Paul had anything with his (for a change) attractive companions, and seeing his condition, I think it is fair to give him a vote of confidence in that regard.

The logical thing would have been an emotional father-son reunion, but this is Mushoku, here things are not so easy and they have gray colors behind.
Paul has been literally finding dust for a year and a half wherever he went, getting other families to reconnect with their loved ones, in the same way seeing how others saw their loved ones dead. While he, nothing.

Neither the relief of the reunion, nor the sadness of the loss, a year and a half immersed in emotional limbo, sometimes being positive, sometimes negative, sometimes wanting not even to think about it, drowning for it in drink.

While his son, his SO talented son, his little spark of "if Rudy is here, sure, SURE he knows something, a slightest clue, a rumor, something, whatever, about the status of someone in the family", a A thought in which he seeks to carry on his son all the insecurity that he has been accumulating for a year and a half, an unfounded hope, but it was his son, the genius, he had to - no, he HAD to know something.

But, on the other hand, she not only realizes that her son, on whom she had selfishly placed her hopes for a moment, knew nothing, but had enjoyed the time they had been apart. While he had fallen into an abyss from which he is unable to get out. Envy and rage, both feelings ran through the father, a deserved rage, because if the son had not thought for a moment about his family, and an envy that should have no place in such a situation. But this is Mushoku, they are all gray.

And then we have the other side, the side of Rudeus, who receives one of the most important lessons in his new life, one that reminds him that, although he is in another world, even if he is an isekai, it is not one that he is seeing on television. . It is not one in which you should forget everyone who is not close to you, since in isekais everything revolves around the protagonist and therefore if something is not close to Rudy, for him it is something that is not happening, it is something that he is waiting to have some kind of relationship with him so that it can happen. For him until that moment that was his mentality. "I am reincarnated in another world, if it does not pass near me, it means that nothing is happening, this is how the isekai work." But he realizes that this is not the case.

He realizes that he has not even thought that it could not be like that, nor did it cross his mind, that Paul was right, that he limited himself to enjoying the adventures and misadventures of his trip in another world, without spending a second. as would the rest of people, living people, not static NPCs, not characters without history waiting to coincide with him.

And what fucks up an immature and selfish person the most (as Rudy still is)? Being told something that you know to be true, knowing that you are wrong, not wanting to admit it, wanting to throw balls out. And that's what he does. Refusing to accept reality, guilt, and run back to the trauma of your past life. Go back to "They criticize me again" instead of standing and facing and admitting the mistake and lowering the head.

It is a lesson that the character of this work will keep in mind every day of his life, in the same way that any of us has, from this day forward, one of the various turning points of Rudeus and his person. One of the points where he will finally begin to walk in the opposite direction from his previous life.

For me, a 10/10 episode knowing how important this is for Rudeus.
Oct 31, 2021 2:25 PM
Mar 2015
Daddy is home and the kids are not alright
Oct 31, 2021 2:36 PM

Aug 2008
Oh yeah, MC is a scum. These last couple episodes of dumb adventures kind of made me forget he doesn't just act like a moron but is also a piece of shit. And he hasn't improved at all since episode one. The whole scene with panties was absolutely unnecessary and disgusting as well. I have to give it to this show, it fooled me to watch that far but this episode was so off putting I think it's about time to stop. I don't think next episode can cover this dumpster fire.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 31, 2021 2:40 PM

Jun 2021
So there was this moment where in this episode where Rudy recalls about his previous life apparently due to the fact that everyone around him reminded him of his previous life where there was no one to support him. And just like his previous NEET life everyone was looking at Rudy as a passive observer of his misfortune.I think it may lead to some greater character development in later episodes.
Oct 31, 2021 2:43 PM

Jun 2019
Man, that conversation between Rudy and Paul was really great. They are both in the wrong, but I wouldn’t blame either of them for thinking and acting the ways they did. That’s how you know the writing is fantastic.
Oct 31, 2021 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
What an amazing episode.

Paul demonstrated and spoke great truths despite that there was a misunderstanding between Rudy and family quarrels.
removed-userOct 31, 2021 3:02 PM
Oct 31, 2021 3:18 PM
Jan 2021
the episode adapted so bad the discussion between rudeus and paul
Oct 31, 2021 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
It's quite nice how the story doesn't go with a clichéd happy reunion but instead throws in some spin to it. It's drama from misunderstanding but the misunderstanding actually makes sense to be there, compared to the usual misunderstandings in fiction that are just fabricated cheap drama.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 31, 2021 3:25 PM
Oct 2021
I hated Rudy’s dad I mean come on he has another girl and not to mention his cheating again god dammit Im really disappointed at him😤😾
Oct 31, 2021 3:27 PM

Nov 2020
Damm what a amazing ep. I can’t wait to see what’s next to come
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Oct 31, 2021 3:46 PM
May 2008
really nice episode.

Altough I have some questions. How should have Rudy know that other people got teleported away? I honestly thought that only Rudy and Eris got caught in that. So why would Paul blame him for this? Also they were like idk kilometers away from Rudeos home village. Kinda weird.
Oct 31, 2021 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
how dafuq is rudy supposed to know about paul getting transported? he was literally kilometers away in another city ... sure he left a message in the guild, but not everyone reads the freaking news on the wall lmfao

that being said, i know it can't be easy for paul either since he doesn't know where anyone else is, but still, what the hell lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 31, 2021 3:51 PM

Aug 2019
Paul episode 5: You can't come home, write letters, or make any form of contact with your family for five years.
Paul episode 16: Why didn't you write???
Oct 31, 2021 3:54 PM

Nov 2013
Antanaru said:
Oh yeah, MC is a scum. These last couple episodes of dumb adventures kind of made me forget he doesn't just act like a moron but is also a piece of shit. And he hasn't improved at all since episode one. The whole scene with panties was absolutely unnecessary and disgusting as well. I have to give it to this show, it fooled me to watch that far but this episode was so off putting I think it's about time to stop. I don't think next episode can cover this dumpster fire.

he was trying to look/sound older than he actually was since he was trying to scare kidnappers ... i'm sure the panties/boob stuff in that sceneis annoying to some people, but to me, it was just a mask and a normal reaction to boobs jiggling lol

Yaggamy said:
Paul episode 5: You can't come home, write letters, or make any form of contact with your family for five years.
Paul episode 16: Why didn't you write???

i didn't even think about this lol nice one
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 31, 2021 3:54 PM

May 2019

Well, next time you "kidnap" people for "saving them" (just as like some mercenaries do in Norway to rescue kids which the Norwegian Child Welfare Services forcibly took from their parents)

1. Use a mask on them, instead of a kidnapping sack.
2. Carry them properly seated in the horse, without to raise suspicious.
3. And more importantly, don't let a drunk tormented father to be the leader of your group.

Following these steps i'm sure you are not going to face any "hero" who lick used dirty pants.

BONUS:

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

465 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

469 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

415 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

302 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

227 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.