Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seen a lot of hype for this episode, and I can see why.
Yuiko Oohara's 4th OP, and every tune of hers (OP or ED) sounds like Heaven.

The Dead End party of Eris, Rudeus and Ruijerd (plus Geese) have reached the Millis Continent, and that's where they part their ways, Not before a word of parting to visit the Adventurer's Guild at the Holy Country of Millishion. The money woes and Ruijerd's Superd reputation follows wherever they go, so the plan continues to earn their side stick. Eris going goblin hunting, #famouslastwords yeah yeah.

Rudy goes out to find for Paul's whereabouts, while upholding the party's name. Having to encounter some thugs kidnapping a kid, Rudeus sure makes an impression to wear panties on his head and posing as Ruijerd, that's something a creep would do (just like his childlike days back at the very beginning of Episode 1). Plus the amount of boobage action and this strong drunken warrior leader facing against Rudy...the eventual reveal of Paul shocks Rudeus.

The problem is, with such a huge timeskip, the father that Rudeus thinks he is, Paul definitely looks dishevelled and out of place. The sharing session between father and son, Rudeus does his usual storytelling, but Paul's playful cheating personality sadly hasn't changed to the dismay of the son.

WOAH WAIT WAIT, Norn has grown up (and she's fine). And the message that everyone being teleported since the Roa disaster and gone missing to be searched (that Rudeus didn't do firsthand because he was facing his own troubles as well), it's a hard task for Paul to live with his gang of search and rescue adventurers who got caught in the same sitation while having Norn as his only support. That's one BIG slip-up of a mistake that can't be re-written.

Eris and Ruijerd gruelling Rudeus about him and Paul's situation, and this family matter isn't so simple to address. At least for Eris though, she gives Rudeus the comfort and assurance which he sorely needs, and it's such a sad, sad fate that Rudeus has to meet his father this way.

POWERFUL EPISODE. The hype for this episode IS 1000% REAL.
KANLen09Oct 31, 2021 9:25 AM

Apr 2020
I never thought Rudeus to meet Paul, so since that disaster all of Paul's family were teleported. Damn, the conversation between Rudeus and Paul was intense.
Wait, Norn?! she's grown up...

I like the way Eris calms down Rudeus.

Nov 2011
Hard to take Rudy seriously when he has that thing on his face lul

On a serious note, episode also goes to show how dangerous the streets can be when you got kidnappers lurking around. And not only that, Rudy also bumps with his past again. This is like one of those episodes where you'll realize no one is safe in their world, especially kids.

Jun 2019
Rudeus and his friends have arrived in the capital of Holy Milis Kingdom, Milishion. It's a beautiful kingdom from the looks of it and at least from the outside but no different than any other city from the inside. Also, Geese is finally going his own way which is sad to see him go. I hope we see him again. While his time of being in the city, he came across a kidnapping scene which he obviously couldn't overlook.

Then getting found out by the kidnappers and being seen as a pervert with the panty on the face. And, then seeing someone who's related to him in such a condition and the whole revelation Rudy got hit with must be really tough for him and I can see where this anger is coming from. It's just sad to see this. The whole situation is a mess right now. Adorable Norn and loved seeing Eris comforting Rudy like that.
Oct 31, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
Rudeus and friends arrived at Millicion, the capital of the Holy Land of Millis. On the way Eris only ate tomahawk steak, I doubt if it was steak, lol. but it looks delicious, lol. Rudeus, who decides to stay for a while to raise money, encounters a kidnapped child while he is strolling around the city. It's just that why is Rudeus wearing pants, lol... just like Shimoneta and Rudeus is really perverted, and thanks for oppai show xD. Really likes this discipline girls. It's a bit surprising when otou-san meets Rudeus using pantsu, lol. That Was inrense Discussion and also ended with flying and also she's Rudeus imouto, huh... Look cute but yeah i'm not lolicon so skip about this Chara, still looking for Zenith :")

when Rudeus was at his lowest point, Eris was always there to cheer him up, Eris is a good wife-to-be but yeah...
Oct 31, 2021 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
Church-like OP music. Nice attention to detail. Let the drama begins
Oct 31, 2021 8:32 AM
Apr 2016
Too bad they didn't show Rudy swearing he's going to become the best brother ever in the 1st season. It would make this episode even better.
Oct 31, 2021 8:33 AM
Feb 2021
Damn, Paul looks so fucked up.
Oct 31, 2021 9:01 AM

Aug 2019
The dub starts airing today for anyone who's interested.
Oct 31, 2021 9:11 AM

May 2019
When exactly this episode ends? For me, in the manga, the meeting and the crying Rudi had a nice touch, great emotional charge.

Let's see if for anime-only it will be just "meh".
Oct 31, 2021 9:14 AM

Nov 2019
Already love the new OP. Although I'll miss the previous one.

Blue Tundra would have been proud, Rudy.

Oct 31, 2021 9:26 AM

May 2020
Have certainly seen someone else too wearing that same kind of mask.

And finally meeting up with Paul, yeah Paul of all people, and that heated argument with him, clearly showing the state of mind both Rudeus and Paul are in. For now atleast he's aware of the situation he was oblivious of up until now.

Feb 2021
Why does each episode feel so short?? I want to see moreeee.

Well this episode was just as good as the last, I did not expect the reunion with Paul to be like that, and Rudeus with a panty as a mask was funny.

Also was that a Goblin Slayer reference at the beginning??

May 2020
That was an insane episode ngl also Eris still in super tsundere mode even when comforting Rudeus lol.
Oct 31, 2021 9:29 AM
Oct 2021
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seen a lot of hype for this episode, and I can see why.
Yuiko Oohara's 4th OP, and every tune of hers (OP or ED) sounds like Heaven.

The Dead End party of Eris, Rudeus and Ruijerd (plus Geese) have reached the Millis Continent, and that's where they part their ways, Not before a word of parting to visit the Adventurer's Guild at the Holy Country of Millishion. The money woes and Ruijerd's Superd reputation follows wherever they go, so the plan continues to earn their side stick. Eris going goblin hunting, #famouslastwords yeah yeah.

Rudy goes out to find for Paul's whereabouts, while upholding the party's name. Having to encounter some thugs kidnapping a kid, Rudeus sure makes an impression to wear panties on his head and posing as Ruijerd, that's something a creep would do (just like his childlike days back at the very beginning of Episode 1). Plus the amount of boobage action and this strong drunken warrior leader facing against Rudy...the eventual reveal of Paul shocks Rudeus.

The problem is, with such a huge timeskip, the father that Rudeus thinks he is, Paul definitely looks dishevelled and out of place. The sharing session between father and son, Rudeus does his usual storytelling, but Paul's playful cheating personality sadly hasn't changed to the dismay of the son.

WOAH WAIT WAIT, Norn has grown up (and she's fine). And the message that everyone being teleported since the Roa disaster and gone missing to be searched (that Rudeus didn't do firsthand because he was facing his own troubles as well), it's a hard task for Paul to live with his gang of search and rescue adventurers who got caught in the same sitation while having Norn as his only support. That's one BIG slip-up of a mistake that can't be re-written.

Eris and Ruijerd gruelling Rudeus about him and Paul's situation, and this family matter isn't so simple to address. At least for Eris though, she gives Rudeus the comfort and assurance which he sorely needs, and it's such a sad, sad fate that Rudeus has to meet his father this way.

POWERFUL EPISODE. The hype for this episode IS 1000% REAL.
WE could get Paul pov later Ep. Also i think just look at Paul and you can imagine what he gone thourgh
Oct 31, 2021 9:30 AM

Oct 2017
Well damn it took only a moment for everything to fall apart. It's sad to see what has become of Paul but he's also in the wrong. It's way to much to expect that level of rational thinking from a 12 year old kid. Won't say I dun see where he's coming from but he's clearly in the wrong here. Now before anyone says Rudeus is not a 12 year old cause he got reincarnated my ans is this, first Paul doesn't know that and second he was a socially abused neet in his past life so he's got it worse as clearly shown in this episode once again. Damn this episode hit hard. Thou it was sweet to see Eris trying to comfort Rudeus. Also the new OP is very gentle.
Oct 31, 2021 9:33 AM

Apr 2016
I dont post in the Mushoku episode discussion forums at all, but this one was really a very well done episode. In fact it was a very good climax to all the build up since the first season. I shit on isekai genre left and right, but other isekai shows wish they were this good.
SwagernatorOct 31, 2021 9:36 AM
Oct 31, 2021 9:33 AM
Jan 2021
I don't know why but i'm so satisfied when Rudy beat up Paul
Oct 31, 2021 9:37 AM

Apr 2020
Rob7 said:
When exactly this episode ends? For me, in the manga, the meeting and the crying Rudi had a nice touch, great emotional charge.

Let's see if for anime-only it will be just "meh".

The anime is using the LN as source material not the manga so it should be better.
Oct 31, 2021 9:38 AM
Jan 2021
Probably the best episode this season so far. That or ep 1
Oct 31, 2021 9:39 AM

Apr 2020
MegamiRem said:
Well damn it took only a moment for everything to fall apart. It's sad to see what has become of Paul but he's also in the wrong. It's way to much to expect that level of rational thinking from a 12 year old kid. Won't say I dun see where he's coming from but he's clearly in the wrong here. Now before anyone says Rudeus is not a 12 year old cause he got reincarnated my ans is this, first Paul doesn't know that and second he was a socially abused neet in his past life so he's got it worse as clearly shown in this episode once again. Damn this episode hit hard. Thou it was sweet to see Eris trying to comfort Rudeus. Also the new OP is very gentle.

But even when Rudy was a kid, to Paul he seemed 'Older' and more mature than he actually was. Maybe Paul thinks of Rudy as some genius who can rationally think since he's done that in fights against Paul since he was a child

Mar 2013
Well, we or should I say Rudy finally have a reunion with his father but it wasn't..., yup, it wasn't a happy reunion but a bitter one. Rudeus not knowing the information he was supposed to know and it was expected for him to do so, what will happen between the two of them? I can't wait!

There wasn't much things going on in this episode but I did see wonderful arts of the city, it is so wonderfully detailed that I was amazed by it. Good job animators!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great episode all around. Loved the OP. Great song.But damn, the re-encounter with Paul was different to what I expected it to be. Hostile as hell. But then again with what has happened, it's hard not to let feelings run free. His whole family was hit hard by the teleportation event. And Rudy's selfishness and immaturity as a person comes back to bite him in the ass.

But what the hell was up with that Shimoneta inspired panty scene? It felt completely unnecessary.. I really wish that Rudy would tone that down a notch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2021 9:41 AM
May 2021
Yaggamy said:
The dub starts airing today for anyone who's interested.
it's useful info like this that I often read discussion threads. Goated dub too, Thank you.
Oct 31, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
This was such a heavy episode.. i don't even know what to say..
someone spoiled me that Rudeus mom disappears.. but this is a lot more worse.. damn.. Paul is in a worse state.. dude just lost his wives. children and home and than started beating his son.. which isn't right.. but MAKES SENSE..
i do wish Paul gets better..
Oct 31, 2021 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
Mahdhi1235 said:
MegamiRem said:

But even when Rudy was a kid, to Paul he seemed 'Older' and more mature than he actually was. Maybe Paul thinks of Rudy as some genius who can rationally think since he's done that in fights against Paul since he was a child
Yes he literaly says that in this episode too, that he expected more from Rudy. "That if it was you, you could have done better..." but genius or not a kid is still a kid. Also I did say I can see where Paul is coming from btw.
Oct 31, 2021 9:44 AM
Jan 2021
Yo the new opening!. Also, the buildings are so white. But the people..... Also, they showed the millis church. Also, geese saying to compulsorily attend the guild 😱. 😏
Oct 31, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2020
This episode was packed with a whole lot of depression.
Oct 31, 2021 9:47 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Such a good adaptation o my god. felt the same intense heavy mood again.

This episode was one of my most anticipated and it shows, the episode felt like a minute. Before I knew, it was over. Brilliant. The world feels so lively, this is probably my favourite version cuz of how smooth everything was.

Can’t wait to see ppl’s reactions to Paul, and ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT NEXT EPISODE.

Oct 31, 2021 9:47 AM
Jun 2021
The way eris tried to calm down rudy was fkn adorable lmao
Oct 31, 2021 9:52 AM

Apr 2020
MegamiRem said:
Mahdhi1235 said:

Yes he literaly says that in this episode too, that he expected more from Rudy. "That if it was you, you could have done better..." but genius or not a kid is still a kid. Also I did say I can see where Paul is coming from btw.

Yeah. I'm still more leaning towards Paul's side though. Even if Rudy is a 'kid' and couldn't really do much more, I think the first thing anyone would do is ask about family after a catastrophe so I guess Rudy was a bit stupid there. But then again, seeing Paul and Norn, you'd expect the rest of the family to be safe as well so nobody is completely in the wrong.
Oct 31, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2021
This episode reminded me why I love this show so much all over again.
Oct 31, 2021 9:57 AM

May 2019
Can't blame Paul, he is not okay, mentally and physically.

That rescue was stupid af, Rudeus could have died there, or killed someone (although he is not much into killing. In fact i don't remember if he killed somebody until now).

The "conforting" from Eris was a lot awkward, like the LN author wants it to be. In the manga it was more natural, i respect a lot that adaptation.

Perv Rudeus is everywhere. I'm surprised that when Eris was embracing him, his mind didn't break all the climate to come with some perv joke.

Well, best episode so far.
Rob7Oct 31, 2021 10:00 AM
Oct 31, 2021 9:58 AM
Oct 2016
Absolutely the most painful episode on an emotional level. Some really great writing with meeting Paul again. Its been a long time since him and Rudy have seen each other. Since the day Paul knocked Rudy out and made Ghislaine take him to tutor Eris all those years ago. To put it lightly the reunion didn't go well. Paul has changed after being teleported, he's much more rough around the edges. We can see that this whole incident has done some damage to Paul mental state. His wife and other daughter are still missing only having Norn and some other survivors in that rescue group.

There were some hints those guys were actually kidnapping that kid since they were trying to feed him and ask questions. Rudy just assumed the wrong things and couldn't see past his initial thought of the Dead End code to not abandon children. Him putting on the panties as a mask was pretty funny though I'll admit. Paul was quickly agitated after hearing how Rudy never for a second thought about looking for other survivors. Which is a fair point but on the other hand Rudy was just trying to stay alive in a hostile environment while also keeping Eris alive and get her home. I think they both have valid points.

Rudy never thought once that the displacement incident could be widespread, he didn't know anything about how big it was and whom was all effected. Once they got to that port a few episodes ago all Rudy thought about there wad getting a boat ride, nothing about checking at the adventures guild. Its easy to see where Rudy messed up along this journey so far but I don't blame him really. He was just trying to stay alive and protect the one person displaced with him. Rudy couldn't have known so many other people were harmed.

That of course doesn't stop Paul from laying into him. Paul did get pretty hostile pretty quick but I think that's just cause he's disappointed in Rudy not doing more. Paul knows how strong and smart Rudy is so to hear that Rudy has been goofing off this whole time, as least that's how Paul sees it, that sets him off. Rudy of course knows of his father's flaws and pushes some buttons leading to their fight. Which Rudy doesn't take well especially after little Norn says he's bullying Paul. I couldn't imagine not seeing your own sister after over five years and that's what she says to you. No wonder after Paul ripping into him, Norn not even acknowledging their siblings, and the looks of everyone in the restaurant that Rudy is pretty depressed at the end of the day. It was cute seeing Eris try to cheer him up. She does care a lot about Rudy.
Oct 31, 2021 9:59 AM
Sep 2021
Yep. Paul is the one who's in the wrong.
I prefer the Eris hugging Rudeus moment from the manga over the anime.
Oct 31, 2021 10:00 AM
Apr 2018
Excellent episode!
They did justice to the Paul-Rudeus reunion which was one of my most anticipated moment for this season.
Even thought Paul was mostly in the wrong, Rudeus could have indeed tried to learn if something happened to others than him and Eris...
Eris trying to comfort Rudeus was cute.

Also, I love the Hentai Kamen expy XD (and the goblins cliche)
Manaarii_0Oct 31, 2021 10:43 AM
Oct 31, 2021 10:02 AM
Oct 2016
MegamiRem said:
Mahdhi1235 said:

Paul is just extremely disappointed in Rudy. He knows Rudy is smart and strong so he assumed Rudy would be using that to find people not just adventure with Eris. But of course Paul doesn't know the hardships Rudy has gone through too
Oct 31, 2021 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
I had chills watching this. EPISODE OF THE YEAR.

The voice acting and performances, the heaviness of the atmosphere, how both parties were both right and wrong about each other with Rudeus and Paul just failing to recognize each other's circumstances when initially conversing, even seeing Norn and Eris contrast each other with how much they care for the person they travelled with and how Norn's terrified and hates her brother who she's seeing for the first time with being able to remember, and Eris hating Paul for hitting his own son and failing to recognize that Rudeus' gone through his own struggles too.

The connection to Rudeus feeling ostracized at the pub and connecting to his past, the feeling of misunderstandings, and even seeing Eris try to comfort Rudeus through his troubled times despite her lack of communication skills too. Not to mention, Paul viewing Rudeus in such a perfect lens from when he was younger that when he realized that Rudeus was really flawed in his own way by not thinking about his family and not having any progress with searching for their family, it dawned on him. Both parties have their own problems and their own faults for different things. The anime did a near-perfect job in bringing this heavy episode to life and I had tinglings from this. This was incredible. Even the music complemented the atmosphere and its tension so masterfully.

I could say much, much more about this episode, but I'm gonna just process in my head how amazing this was. Easily the best episode of the whole series so far, and it's a top 5 anime of all time for me already so that's a very, very high bar. So much characterization and threads connecting and tension that felt organic in its buildup and explosion here. Even the fight with Rudeus wearing panties on his head, Shimoneta-style looked great and his confrontation with Paul there too was awesome.

P.S: Love the new OP song too. It's not as great as the others as a song, but fits the religious and holy aspect of the concept of Milis a lot more. Felt like Aria initially with the visuals.
Oct 31, 2021 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, the atmosphere was really heavy though. Kinda tough to watch at points.

When the captain stepped in, I thought it might have been Paul even though he looked different but when they realized who they were, I thought we were in for a heartfelt reunion but it took a completely different direction.

I can understand Paul trying to chastise Rudy for not being more vigilant of the situation and only looking out for himself and his party but ultimately I'm of the opinion that Rudy is still a kid, he doesn't know better (Isekai situation be damned, he claims he wasn't a responsible adult either way). It's incredible enough that he managed to survive in an unknown land all by himself and made it all the way back to the human continent. Regardless of how precocious he was, he is still a kid and that's a lot of responsibility and guilt that Paul is trying to shove down a kid's throat. I hope they can reach an understanding.

Eris trying to comfort Rudy was super cute.
Oct 31, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2019
I honestly could not stand how Paul treated Rudeus. There was too much expectation for him. He should be impressed he’s alive and progressed. It’s not like he’s doing much positive. Drunk ass. Can’t stand him. He didn’t know the village was teleported. Yes, there are thinking errors and for an adult this is unacceptable, but Paul has acknowledged Rudy’s childish behaviour and thinking process and should therefore be less of a dick.
Oct 31, 2021 10:07 AM
Oct 2016
the reunion with Paul didnt go so well

Oct 31, 2021 10:08 AM

Jan 2021
Dukino said:
MegamiRem said:

Paul is just extremely disappointed in Rudy. He knows Rudy is smart and strong so he assumed Rudy would be using that to find people not just adventure with Eris. But of course Paul doesn't know the hardships Rudy has gone through too

Doesn't help that
1/ Paul was drunk
2/ Rudy intentionally made it sound like a happy-go-lucky adventure
3/ Rudy just assumed Paul cheated on Zenith and Lilia and taunted him for that
Oct 31, 2021 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
The mark of good storytelling is allowing you to get lost in the characters’ thoughts and to see the world how they see it. I can honestly say that it legitimately never occurred to me that Rudy never checked for survivors, that he never went out to find info on what happened. He really did get so caught up in his adventures that he forgot, and we did too.

The whole convo with Paul hurt. You can see how he’s gone from such a cheerful man to depressed and heartbroken. The disappointment in his voice with Rudy really hurt to hear. Great episode.
Oct 31, 2021 10:11 AM

Dec 2015
Rudeus = Hentai Kamen XD. Paul wasn't expecting his son to get good at dodging. Man he looks like he's been through the wringer. Can't really blame him though. Wonder how big of a scale that teleportation went. Also Sylphiette was bullied for looking like a Superd, so is she going to be okay in a place like this?
Jul 2018
This episode is easily a 10/10, best episode so far
Sep 2021
Oh ma god that sh*t was bussin 💀, It went from 9/10 to 10/10 real quick wtffff
Oct 31, 2021 10:13 AM
Aug 2021
This Episode is my most unanticipated episode. Because this episode messes with me (even manga). In this episode both Rudy and Paul were in wrong. First Paul expect too much from Rudy, even though he is Prodigy he is still a 10 year old kid. Also Rudy commenting on Paul about ladies were totally wrong. Rudy didn't gather information about people who were missing maybe a small mistake but I do not blame Rudy because he had his own mess to deal with.

And also next episode is bright episode I am looking forward.
Oct 31, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2019
After I saw this eps, it just remind me why I love this series. I mean, the whole character developments and the story
Oct 31, 2021 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
I loved this eps, one complaint is that why does it feel way too short ffs. 10/10
Oct 31, 2021 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
this weekly broadcast is gonna kill me
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

465 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

469 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

415 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2021

302 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2021

227 by sharosharo »»
May 1, 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.