Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2021 9:37 AM

Nov 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I often believed that Atom was more advanced than any other AI robot (having a greater complexity of emotions and reasoning) because Tenma put in him something from his son Tobio. It was not clear to me what exactly, though. He might have had Tobio's memories, but he certainly lost most of them after Ochanomizu resurrected him in the beginning of the series. In any case, he apparently still kept some residual memories of Tobio that at some point helped him to realize his connection with Tenma. Yet, I came to the conclusion that it didn't matter that he was created after Tobio. It was very much the same with Atlas, who definitely didn't equal Atom in the subtleness of feelings and thinking.

This episode proved something to me. Humans can only be themselves in their own human bodies. You cannot catch the human spirit into an artificial body. Even if you copy their memories, a new personality, a new being will be formed, that will use those memories but develop differently. This is why Tobio became Atom when Tenma recreated his son as a robot.

There was only one thing that bothered me a bit in this episode:
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Apr 8, 8:45 PM
Oct 2022
The mad man tenma is the only one for the job. Just like in Pluto. Astro is rude to Zoron. Toebyo is confused. Zoron and the boys jester it up in parachurade style, but been growled way. Drake and Quake are mecha bashing the place but sky riders soar.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom Episode 50 Discussion

KonokoAsada - Oct 24, 2021

1 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 9, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom Episode 48 Discussion

KonokoAsada - Oct 21, 2021

1 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 8, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom Episode 47 Discussion

KonokoAsada - Oct 19, 2021

1 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 8, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom Episode 45 Discussion

LisbonMapping - Jul 17, 2023

1 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 7, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Astro Boy: Tetsuwan Atom Episode 44 Discussion

KonokoAsada - Sep 20, 2021

1 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 5, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.