Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2021 10:29 AM
Mar 2013
Manaarii_0 said:
They have nicely done the part when Rudeus was reviewing his "hotel" and when he was introduced to monkey-face dude.

Hum...I noticed 2 significant difference between what happened in this episode and what happened in the WN...but I actually liked it!

R.I.P Sauros :(
Nice easter-egg at the end.

Overall a great episode.

P.S: I also like the new OP song.

1) I think the LN might have been what was followed here more so. I very much remember Rudy casting that water spell to stop the fire and the fight while that was happening.

2)I think Sauros death being shown was to make more of an impact, personally felt the LN did a meh job on that part, as well as it being an anime so it is more suited for showing anyways. Edit: is this not early for us to be finding out about his death?
Oct 17, 2021 10:35 AM

May 2020
Did granddaddy greyrat really die 😭

Oct 17, 2021 10:36 AM
Jul 2021
Erogamerss said:
DKDiabloLicht said:
I know this is a story of him becoming a better person but that shit PISSED me off when he was thinking about letting him go with a fucking little kid. Like BRO you are a POWERFUL Mage WITH a foresight eye! You have to think about it? You were willing to jump in front of a van when you were a fat POS to save an adult girl in the normal world, but when this little girl would be raped and beaten as a slave you HESITATE? Seriously, if they would have made him decide 10 seconds sooner it would have made him a MUCH better person and then maybe the people that hate him(viewers) MIGHT start to see him changing as a person, but he continually does these things like this that make him almost a hero but because he is a coward or thinks only of himself first, it ruins it.

That guy it a North God, he basic stronger than even Paul. Remmber when Paul knock him out when Rudy was Young? He could be dead like 3-4 time if he dont have demon eye or any thing. On top when you got to the saint rank, you can tank most of basic magic. + North God are master of Survivor and dodge thing so with out the divide beast he better wait for Ruijerd or some one to deal with that guy he will just get solo kill if he try to fight.

Still, this is an Anime and he's not going to die lol. Even if he said/thought I WANT to save them, but I am afraid I'll die, or something like that. Just the way he hesitated really irritated me. I really love the character and this Anime so much, and I want him to start changing! Stuff like that, at least for me(even if it isn't entirely the case) is like him holding on to being a shitbag. I watch reactions and see comments and stuff and everyone who isn't burying the show calling him a 40 year old pedophile are just trashing Rudeus(and completely disregarding the AWFUL bullying he went through, I think partly because it was only like 60-70 seconds of scenes so its easy to disregard. That Bullying was AWFUL, getting stripped naked multiple times, having pictures taken in front of a huge crowd after being beaten and called little dick or whatever, is horrendous, and people act like it didn't affect him and there was no excuse for why he is broken the way he is. I wish that scene was 5-8 minutes, or 1-2 minutes in different episodes to really show his poor treatment). Or saying they love the Anime but they hate the MC, and I get that he has flaws, and I'd never touch a sleeping girls boobs or try to steal her 🩲, but I really want to see him start to change soon, and hopefully some of those people will start to appreciate the Anime. I know there will always be plenty of people that will give this a 1/10 and bury it, but it's such a great anime with complex characters and amazing world building. I want this show to conclude in Anime form and be held in high regards.
Oct 17, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
I know this is a story of him becoming a better person but that shit PISSED me off when he was thinking about letting him go with a fucking little kid. Like BRO you are a POWERFUL Mage WITH a foresight eye! You have to think about it? You were willing to jump in front of a van when you were a fat POS to save an adult girl in the normal world, but when this little girl would be raped and beaten as a slave you HESITATE? Seriously, if they would have made him decide 10 seconds sooner it would have made him a MUCH better person and then maybe the people that hate him(viewers) MIGHT start to see him changing as a person, but he continually does these things like this that make him almost a hero but because he is a coward or thinks only of himself first, it ruins it.

He has nothing to lose in his previous life, and in his current one he has a lot to lose. Would you risk your life saving a random girl of the people who just mistreated you while you have a family to live for and a girl you sworn to protect? All that and knowing you can leave perfectly fine if you just ignore it.
And you really underestimated the power-level of the world. Gallus is a North-Saint, not some random dude, they barely did it 3-vs-1 with surprise attack from the Sacred Beast. And he literally just beat the guy who 1-shout Rudeus (plus 2 other guys) with ease.
Yes Rudeus is really strong, but he's not that strong, do not be surprised he got his ass beaten, since that will happen a lot. And if you haven't picked it up already, the Foresight eye is really fucking useless against anyone who can act faster than he can see.
Oct 17, 2021 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
There're so much happening in this episode but what got me the most is that Eris's looking so happy but meanwhile Sauros is being executed. I really liked Sauros in the 1st cour. Damn the feels ..

RIP Sauros
Oct 17, 2021 10:38 AM
Apr 2013
DKDiabloLicht said:

You hit the nail on the head. That inconsistency in his character.

It's been bothering me since he and Eris got transported to the demon continent.

Granted you wouldn't expect some Japanese Hikikomori in a 10 year old's body to be gong-ho about killing everyone he meets right left and center just because he knows magic and stuff.

But the way his 30 year old self thinks in these situations and the way the director draws out the tension for longer than is necessary (in my opinion) ...it seems forced.

When the dog came flying to the rescue and Rudy goes "Dead End Can't Be Evil" or some shit when just a few seconds he was about to let someone get away with evil because "Random beast girl", I rolled my fucking eyes.

From that point on I skimmed the rest of the episode. Was too irritated to sit through the reunion and beast people's apology etc.

Oct 17, 2021 10:39 AM

May 2021
Rudy was taken away to the beast village after being confused with a smuggler. That description of his rent free apartment at the beginning made me laugh quite a bit xD.
Was kinda hard to take the episode serious with Rudeus fully naked through half of it as well lol. Rudeus is also the senpai of his prison cell to the new guy (who seems pretty nice) and I loved the fight scene. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 17, 2021 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
All that awful build-up for a strictly decent fight? I mean, alright but...the build-up was fucking dumb. Weren't these natives able to communicate with their beast? THEIR SACRED BEAST, yet somehow were still unable to discern that it was happy drooling all over Rudy...all so we could have this and "We were wrong about you, you're pretty awesome" scene from the beast folk. I mean, I guess we met this wholesome gambler too...

This is about on par with that anxiety erasing horse in C1. Lee sigh...

Aug 2021
The ending, I didn't see that coming. I didn't think that Rudy would fight back earnestly either. The balance kept in between humor and seriousness was amazing. As always, I loved this episode as well. Tho, didn't like the OP much.
Apr 2013
foresterfx said:
Erogamerss said:

Lol first Rudy dont want to kill people. Second that gut it North Saint, they are know for good surviver fighting and playing trick, they could easy react to it + touki so no way you and knock him down with just that.

Not saving those kids when he is fully capable was akin to allowing them to be murdered and more. We saw that last episode. From the way he was moving rocks, he seems like he could easily crush the man’s head. No amount of sword skills or quick maneuvers can save a blinded man from a smashed skull.

But I agree that Rudy is hesitant to fight so brutally, and that’s probably the main contributor as to why he got stabbed in the leg (besides it being a skilled opponent). He’ll have to get over that if he really wants to keep Eris safe. His pounding heart highlighted his inexperience and fear. That’s part of why I still like this episode despite my criticisms. Those (magic combinations) are all feats he should be able to utilize, but he doesn’t.

Because of poor writing or inconsistent character development? I don’t think so. Seems more like he doesn’t because of good writing and consistent character development (albeit slow). In this world, he is a genius mage with more magic ability than the deities of legend, but at the end of the day he is still a jobless neet that abandoned his parents funerals to yank it to hentai. He’s got a long road to go.

LMAO that last line though. According to LN readers, it wasn't hentai he was watching but something far worse.

Oct 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Erogamerss said:

That guy it a North God, he basic stronger than even Paul. Remmber when Paul knock him out when Rudy was Young? He could be dead like 3-4 time if he dont have demon eye or any thing. On top when you got to the saint rank, you can tank most of basic magic. + North God are master of Survivor and dodge thing so with out the divide beast he better wait for Ruijerd or some one to deal with that guy he will just get solo kill if he try to fight.

Still, this is an Anime and he's not going to die lol. Even if he said/thought I WANT to save them, but I am afraid I'll die, or something like that. Just the way he hesitated really irritated me. I really love the character and this Anime so much, and I want him to start changing! Stuff like that, at least for me(even if it isn't entirely the case) is like him holding on to being a shitbag. I watch reactions and see comments and stuff and everyone who isn't burying the show calling him a 40 year old pedophile are just trashing Rudeus(and completely disregarding the AWFUL bullying he went through, I think partly because it was only like 60-70 seconds of scenes so its easy to disregard. That Bullying was AWFUL, getting stripped naked multiple times, having pictures taken in front of a huge crowd after being beaten and called little dick or whatever, is horrendous, and people act like it didn't affect him and there was no excuse for why he is broken the way he is. I wish that scene was 5-8 minutes, or 1-2 minutes in different episodes to really show his poor treatment). Or saying they love the Anime but they hate the MC, and I get that he has flaws, and I'd never touch a sleeping girls boobs or try to steal her 🩲, but I really want to see him start to change soon, and hopefully some of those people will start to appreciate the Anime. I know there will always be plenty of people that will give this a 1/10 and bury it, but it's such a great anime with complex characters and amazing world building. I want this show to conclude in Anime form and be held in high regards.
No he will die if he dare to attack. This story it very realistic, and stupid decision will reward you with dead. the best solution if wait for Ruijerd and try to chase that guy latter if the Divide beast dont show up. ANd i dont need to tell you how many time Rudy could dead in the novel lol. If you want an Op character thả cant do anything then go watch Slime or other Isekai.
Oct 17, 2021 10:41 AM
Apr 2016
Natsude_tanaka said:
can anyone tell me what was going on in the last scene? because i was confused and was that slyphiette
I think it was pretty obvious. Sauros was executed in Asura because of the disaster that happened in Fittoa. Obviously, that was just an excuse to get rid of him, as implied by him glaring at the bald laughing guy
Oct 17, 2021 10:42 AM
Jul 2021
ollythirteen said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

You hit the nail on the head. That inconsistency in his character.

It's been bothering me since he and Eris got transported to the demon continent.

Granted you wouldn't expect some Japanese Hikikomori in a 10 year old's body to be gong-ho about killing everyone he meets right left and center just because he knows magic and stuff.

But the way his 30 year old self thinks in these situations and the way the director draws out the tension for longer than is necessary (in my opinion) ...it seems forced.

When the dog came flying to the rescue and Rudy goes "Dead End Can't Be Evil" or some shit when just a few seconds he was about to let someone get away with evil because "Random beast girl", I rolled my fucking eyes.

From that point on I skimmed the rest of the episode. Was too irritated to sit through the reunion and beast people's apology etc.

Yeah, it was frustrating. I still love the show, and loved the Episode, and I understand that for dramatic effects they have to do this. But I just wish his inner conflict was that he was afraid to fight him, or afraid he might die if he tries as opposed to just letting her get taken beaten and raped just because. What was going on in front of him was horrible, I get being mad that they locked you up on false charges really sucks and would make you very angry but these are kids and people that are being killed or captured here. Damn I never trusted Gallus, looked like a straight scumbag lol
Oct 17, 2021 10:45 AM
Apr 2013
Rem4lifexD said:
Rudy was taken away to the beast village after being confused with a smuggler. That description of his rent free apartment at the beginning made me laugh quite a bit xD.
Was kinda hard to take the episode serious with Rudeus fully naked through half of it as well lol. Rudeus is also the senpai of his prison cell to the new guy (who seems pretty nice) and I loved the fight scene. Looking forward to the next episode!

The episode where he first meets Eris and then they both get captured was in my opinion far dumber than this one.

How he got Eris's dad to agree to such a plan (before he found out that they were captured for real for real), I don't know how anyone could explain that away.

Oct 17, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2021
Reminder from Episode 6...
AltterOct 17, 2021 10:54 AM
Oct 17, 2021 10:47 AM
Oct 2021
foresterfx said:
Erogamerss said:

Lol first Rudy dont want to kill people. Second that gut it North Saint, they are know for good surviver fighting and playing trick, they could easy react to it + touki so no way you and knock him down with just that.

Not saving those kids when he is fully capable was akin to allowing them to be murdered and more. We saw that last episode. From the way he was moving rocks, he seems like he could easily crush the man’s head. No amount of sword skills or quick maneuvers can save a blinded man from a smashed skull.

But I agree that Rudy is hesitant to fight so brutally, and that’s probably the main contributor as to why he got stabbed in the leg (besides it being a skilled opponent). He’ll have to get over that if he really wants to keep Eris safe. His pounding heart highlighted his inexperience and fear. That’s part of why I still like this episode despite my criticisms. Those (magic combinations) are all feats he should be able to utilize, but he doesn’t.

Because of poor writing or inconsistent character development? I don’t think so. Seems more like he doesn’t because of good writing and consistent character development (albeit slow). In this world, he is a genius mage with more magic ability than the deities of legend, but at the end of the day he is still a jobless neet that abandoned his parents funerals to yank it to hentai. He’s got a long road to go.

You need to remeber this Swordman in this world are Stronger than Mage 100% when come to close combat Paul already said that at the Ep1 . A saint swordman in close combat could easy deal with King class mage. Why?

Touki aka mana Armor will tank most of the basic magic ( with Rudy can only use in this situation.)

They mostly faster or have a move to parry most of magic attack

Magic can friendly fire. Use op spell will also kill the people near by , that why mage are only better when have distant, ambush or deal with monster.
Oct 17, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2021
Erogamerss said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

No he will die if he dare to attack. This story it very realistic, and stupid decision will reward you with dead. the best solution if wait for Ruijerd and try to chase that guy latter if the Divide beast dont show up. ANd i dont need to tell you how many time Rudy could dead in the novel lol. If you want an Op character thả cant do anything then go watch Slime or other Isekai.

He is definitely OP, especially for his age and has more Mana than Laplace. And it's not about fighting, it's about why he hesitated. It was like about whether he should save an innocent girl who's about to suffer a terrible fate, instead of about whether or not he should fight him. Before the scream it was like "Oh I should just let this go" not I can't beat him and it was frustrating that's all. Thankfully the Dog showed up
Oct 17, 2021 10:50 AM
Oct 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Erogamerss said:

He is definitely OP, especially for his age and has more Mana than Laplace. And it's not about fighting, it's about why he hesitated. It was like about whether he should save an innocent girl who's about to suffer a terrible fate, instead of about whether or not he should fight him. Before the scream it was like "Oh I should just let this go" not I can't beat him and it was frustrating that's all. Thankfully the Dog showed up
No go to reddit and ask any novel reader they with said that Rudy no ponit near Op. Specaily with out his stronger tool.
Oct 17, 2021 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode. It had honestly everything. And I think it was great for the story because now we know some shit did go down during the Mana incident. Grandfather is dead and I would assume Eris' parents are dead as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 17, 2021 10:55 AM
May 2017
Free Rudy out the chain gang, he ain't do nun

RIP to my dawg Sauros Boreas, he was a real one.

Another nice ep fr
Oct 17, 2021 10:56 AM

Jun 2021
Damn, I forgot how much I love this show's OP scenes. Quality establishing shots and worldbuilding instead of a spoilerific repeated opening.

And, also, damn, these episodes are over far too quickly. 2 weeks in a row, I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen next, only to be met with the credits roll.
Oct 17, 2021 10:57 AM
Jul 2021
Erogamerss said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

No go to reddit and ask any novel reader they with said that Rudy no ponit near Op.

Well every single time he does Magic, even by Magic users people are BLOWN away by his skills, even Roxy and she was a really good magic user and I'm sure she'd seen a bunch of other people use magic. I'm not saying he definitely would have beaten Gallus but I just can't imagine being hesitant to try when you have not only that but the eye of foresight to give you extra leverage. Also he REALLY needs to work harder training with the Sword with Eris and especially Rigjurd. Like bro, Magic won't always work and you've been in some sticky situations where if he REALLY pushed himself, especially with the Demon eye he could definitely be pretty decent especially when he gets older and when combined with his magical capabilities.
Oct 17, 2021 10:57 AM

Mar 2016
I saw some stuff that isn't on the web novel, but maybe that's how the light novel or manga goes. And yeah, the silent F has appeared, from now on I'm hoping for a third season. The daily life in the Doldia village is next, so that reunion should happen in two more episodes, I guess.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 17, 2021 10:58 AM
Apr 2021
Watching this episode feel quickly, and feel like 5 minute watch this episode 😅
Finally rudeus see Eris again, and they meet the party again and misunderstanding with dedolia people finish.
Eris is also feel happy meet rudeus and his experience in the jungle agung and can not wait to tell this experience to boreas family
In other side grandpa Eris is was dead 😔
Oct 17, 2021 10:59 AM
Oct 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Erogamerss said:
No go to reddit and ask any novel reader they with said that Rudy no ponit near Op.

Well every single time he does Magic, even by Magic users people are BLOWN away by his skills, even Roxy and she was a really good magic user and I'm sure she'd seen a bunch of other people use magic. I'm not saying he definitely would have beaten Gallus but I just can't imagine being hesitant to try when you have not only that but the eye of foresight to give you extra leverage. Also he REALLY needs to work harder training with the Sword with Eris and especially Rigjurd. Like bro, Magic won't always work and you've been in some sticky situations where if he REALLY pushed himself, especially with the Demon eye he could definitely be pretty decent especially when he gets older and when combined with his magical capabilities.
Even with the Eye, the divide beast ( which could easy solo that guy ) and a Thief support he still eat a fucking Sword in the leg. You really think he will win?
Oct 17, 2021 10:59 AM
Jul 2021
SoraSenpai said:
Great episode. It had honestly everything. And I think it was great for the story because now we know some shit did go down during the Mana incident. Grandfather is dead and I would assume Eris' parents are dead as well.

Such a bummer, I really loved her Grandfather. Granted he probably was involved in some shady stuff to get his Demi humans, but he seemed to really love Eris and was funny when on screen. Going to be really sad when Eris gets ALL the way back, finally, only to find out he's dead
Oct 17, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 2021
Erogamerss said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

Even with the Eye, the divide beast ( which could easy solo that guy ) and a Thief support he still eat a fucking Sword in the leg. You really think he will win?

No I don't think for sure he'd win, I just wish his reasoning for hesitation was because he was afraid to die, rather than hesitating to help them. Like if it was nust
Erogamerss said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

No I don't think he'd definitely win, I just wish his reason for hesitation was that he was afraid of dying, instead of just hesitating to help in general until he heard the little girl cry. Like I wish he expressed (in his head) that I want to save them, but I can't win, rather than hesitating about helping at all.
Oct 17, 2021 11:04 AM
Jul 2021
Altter said:
DKDiabloLicht said:

He has nothing to lose in his previous life, and in his current one he has a lot to lose. Would you risk your life saving a random girl of the people who just mistreated you while you have a family to live for and a girl you sworn to protect? All that and knowing you can leave perfectly fine if you just ignore it.
And you really underestimated the power-level of the world. Gallus is a North-Saint, not some random dude, they barely did it 3-vs-1 with surprise attack from the Sacred Beast. And he literally just beat the guy who 1-shout Rudeus (plus 2 other guys) with ease.
Yes Rudeus is really strong, but he's not that strong, do not be surprised he got his ass beaten, since that will happen a lot. And if you haven't picked it up already, the Foresight eye is really fucking useless against anyone who can act faster than he can see.

If I had magic power like him, and foresight, or in the real world if I saw a child getting dragged away by someone I know would kick my ass you can bet your ass I'd try to help them, even if I would probably, or might lose.
Oct 17, 2021 11:05 AM

Jan 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
SoraSenpai said:

Such a bummer, I really loved her Grandfather. Granted he probably was involved in some shady stuff to get his Demi humans, but he seemed to really love Eris and was funny when on screen. Going to be really sad when Eris gets ALL the way back, finally, only to find out he's dead

Rather than shady, he "saved" the poor beastmen slaves (which under normal circumstances would ended up pretty horribly) from the slave trader by buying them and giving them jobs, which only make the slavers want to capture more Beast slaves.
Jan 2021
although this episode was kinda sad with eris grandpa dying i could not stop laughing the fact that rudus was naked and got himself a prison mate
Jul 2020
F to pay respect to the grandpa
Oct 17, 2021 11:06 AM

Mar 2021
Tylaen said:
All that awful build-up for a strictly decent fight? I mean, alright but...the build-up was fucking dumb. Weren't these natives able to communicate with their beast? THEIR SACRED BEAST, yet somehow were still unable to discern that it was happy drooling all over Rudy...all so we could have this and "We were wrong about you, you're pretty awesome" scene from the beast folk. I mean, I guess we met this wholesome gambler too...

This is about on par with that anxiety erasing horse in C1. Lee sigh...

Uh..there is some point I want to clarify with you firstly does the dog even know Rudy is being mistreated? We never see him
and Rudeus together until the fight happen so it likely he didn't know about this? Secondly do you notice what kind of food Rudeus been served? It's real meat and all kind of delicious fruit he said that himself the food is good.Prisoners usually doesn't get treat like this so it's highly that the beast told them to make good food for Rudeus. This is the POV of a novel reader so yeah the author didn't forget about that the anime didn't show or maybe they'll show it in the next episode so don't judge too quickly. Finally they might not believe that and just wait for their chief return to decide this problem.
Oct 17, 2021 11:06 AM
Oct 2021
DKDiabloLicht said:
Erogamerss said:

No I don't think for sure he'd win, I just wish his reasoning for hesitation was because he was afraid to die, rather than hesitating to help them. Like if it was nust
Erogamerss said:

No I don't think he'd definitely win, I just wish his reason for hesitation was that he was afraid of dying, instead of just hesitating to help in general until he heard the little girl cry. Like I wish he expressed (in his head) that I want to save them, but I can't win, rather than hesitating about helping at all.
Hear a think he want to save that Girl but enemy are must stronger than him, That why when divide beast attack he instantly follow. YOu should remeber at that moment the stronger people in his team already been beating with 2 ambush people.
Oct 17, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
am i the only one disturbed by the fact that Beast People are now happy at the end of the episode even though quite a large number of Beast men/women got massacred during the raid? kids got orphaned and at the end we see everyone being happy dovey.. like wtf..
Oct 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2013
UkRs said:
am i the only one disturbed by the fact that Beast People are now happy at the end of the episode even though quite a large number of Beast men/women got massacred during the raid? kids got orphaned and at the end we see everyone being happy dovey.. like wtf..

Where do you get that? I just want to remind you that the show is framed with the point of view of Rudeus so the happy mood probably what Rudeus see around him.
Oct 17, 2021 11:16 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode, sad to see that killed Gramps. He was a true OG. Can't wait for next week.
Oct 17, 2021 11:16 AM
Feb 2021
Great episode, sad to see that killed Gramps. He was a true OG. Can't wait for next week.
Oct 17, 2021 11:26 AM

Mar 2016
Probably my favorite episode so far from this 2nd cour easily. The way the episode immerses us into the environment where the Beast people live in the first half or so is quite phenomenal and gives us a good idea of how they make a living without needing to soak us with dialogue. This is what more fantasy shows need to do nowadays, ngl.

I like how Gallus wasn't being played off as some easy fodder to beat. He was a legit problem as a North God Sword Saint to an equally ranked mage like Rudeus, and the latter isn't that good with 1v1 combat even with that Demon Eye of his. The action choreography in the fights were really well done here, as I heard that a bunch of free lancers worked on this episode (including one I'm a bit familiar with in particular). Also glad that the misunderstandings were cleared up with the beast people as well.

Just an overall great and fun episode. I also got a good bunch of laughs as well with Rudeus's monologue to start off as well as how he first introduced himself to Geese LMFAO.
Oct 17, 2021 11:29 AM
Jul 2019
This episode just reminded me of why I love this series so much
Oct 17, 2021 11:29 AM
Jul 2019
This episode just reminded me of why I love this series so much
Oct 17, 2021 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
The scenes when the OP played were absolutely gorgeous, it's just what I love about Mushoku Tensei, showing us a lot of the world that Rudeus currently is at. That beastmen town looked really good and I am actually surprised to see more normal animals in this forest.

I loved how Rudeus went on about his hotel resort room, with all the good and bad aspects of the room/cell. The chemistry between Rudeus and the monkey-faced dude was also nice. That whole Senpai/Kouhai talk was funny, even during the fight.

Good thing that the misunderstanding has been cleared, even though the situation had to escalate a lot further before they were able to realize what was going on. Gallus was behind it all and honestly he is a lot stronger than I thought he was. But with a bit of teamwork between the beastmen and team Rudeus, they were able to beat him, but at a great cost.

Good to see Eris and Rujierd have finally made it as well.

Holy shit that ending... I am not looking forward to the day that Eris finds out her granddad has been executed... RIP Sauros.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The world building in this continues to be a notch above any isekai. Totally immersive world.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 2021
UTMAN said:
So it was kinda felt that Rudeus was naked for the sake of comedy rather than plot.

It's corelate to what the beast guy, Gyes, said in the last episode. Rudeus will have the worst punishment in the village.
Oct 17, 2021 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
Anyone else noticed that the OP changes with every continent Rudeus is in? First it was Tabibito no Uta for Central continent where he was born and raised, then Mezame no Uta for the Démon Continent, and now Keishou no Uta for the Millis Continent. Oh boiii, I can't get enough of MT's OP's

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Oct 17, 2021 11:54 AM

May 2013
No other anime makes me rage this hard at every episode.
This shit is too damn short!

Oct 17, 2021 11:59 AM
Oct 2011
SeaJaeger said:
Anyone else noticed that the OP changes with every continent Rudeus is in? First it was Tabibito no Uta for Central continent where he was born and raised, then Mezame no Uta for the Démon Continent, and now Keishou no Uta for the Millis Continent. Oh boiii, I can't get enough of MT's OP's

That's a good catch. I do wish they actually had showed the map more briefly and pinpoint where the party was at any given time in addition to explaining why sea travel isn't really a thing in the middle section and other details though I understand it's not really feasible in an adaption and would take a lot of time.
Oct 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Jun 2021
Brutal!, just epic what happened in this episode.
venecoland.
Oct 17, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
SeaJaeger said:

Man that's a good catch, I was curious about the timings of opening songs used but didn't piece together that being the factor. Thanks for figuring that out and posting it here, love little details like that.
Oct 17, 2021 12:05 PM
Feb 2021
A bit disaapointing episode. In 4:15 to 4:45 we are just shown the beast village which was what was shown in the entire opening. I hated the first part.
Oct 17, 2021 12:07 PM
Nov 2020
10/10 episode.
wasn't expecting gramp's end.
Finally they showed us a fight of Rudeus. Loved it.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

399 by JasperLord »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM

» Does Rudeus ever stop being a pervert

Jking_The_Dark - Mar 22

36 by ChaChaVan »»
May 17, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

190 by marta_valse »»
May 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

467 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

274 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 12:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.