Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2021
Tylaen said:
NhtDesu said:
Does the dog know what sexual harassment? Did he know Rudeus faulty charge about that? He just ask for Rudeus to had good food isn't that too much to ask? Is he even heard about the rumours about Rudeus? Let's me ask you this if some of your VIPs get kidnapped what is the first thing you do when you get them back? Get them to the safer place first and this place could be isolated from everyone right? The dog just asked for food and they give him that and that's all the faulty charge is still there so yeah they're still continue punishing Rudeus because of that.
I can't argue with so many unknowns in this equation you're giving me. It's asking me to make up my own hypothetical and entirely personal fanfiction to give me a satisfactory answer to my own complaint.

I'd also like to note I didn't complain about them taking him back. It is still pretty dumb that they apparently haven't questioned him at all.

Altter said:
By "he" I meant the guy who commented. And I did say next episode, since it should be the end of the current storyline about the Beastman.
Maybe NhtDesu did and I guess we'll see next week.

Well in these kind of tribal setting like these usually the chief is the one who get to deal with the heavy case such as Rudeus. What I'm list above is just the thing that could possibly happen given the situation some said the beastman just dumb, plot device,.. like you guys but to me it's just an unfortunate accident due to poor communication. It's really late now 2am and I haven't slept yet so yeah good night and see you next week!
NhtDesuOct 17, 2021 12:13 PM
Oct 17, 2021 12:10 PM
Nov 2016
Well made episode as expected. I can easily rank it S tier with Re:Zero. I don't see any problems with this anime, feels like we are just watching a different reality.
Oct 17, 2021 12:12 PM

Apr 2010
UTMAN said:
Okay, this is the first episode where I really can't complain about anything. Rudeus naked for like a week was funny, but it became weird that after he got a cellmate, the new dude for some reason they let him keep his cloth, but not Rudeus. So it was kinda felt that Rudeus was naked for the sake of comedy rather than plot.

Animation was really nice, also the new OP song is okay, I guess? I liked the previous one better, but I guess it will grow on me eventually. Keep it up Mushoku!

It's not mentioned in the anime, but for the beast people the greatest humiliation is being stripped naked and doused with water. Rudeus was getting that treatment for "defiling" the sacred beast. Geese is just a petty criminal.
Oct 17, 2021 12:20 PM

Apr 2020
This episode is one of the hardest episodes for me to digest because I know it's goddamn great, but unlike Episode 5, 10, and 11, something just didn't connect to me and it was a bummer because HOLY HELL, WTF, and MY GOD this was something.

3rd OP from Yuiko-san, and fun fact it's the fastest song by tempo compared to Tabibito no Uta and Mezame wo Uta, which is something to know about, but I think the song is good now that it's actually fast tempo. Also nudy Rudy (I can't believe I said that) and hey Geese is here whattup. Once again, the beast traffickers set chaos in the Doldia forest, and now Rudy + Geese are forced to save them or else.

The fight scene against Garus is probably the best one so far in the series, even though it's kinda dark, my jaw dropped throughout the whole sequence. And yo Rudy with that final blow was freaking fantastic. In the end, all is well and hey Eris and Rujierd finally shows up, took them so long. Considering the title for the next episode, I guess we're going to have an SOL episode with the Beast race in the forest, things are looking up now that the quality is solid than ever before.
Oct 17, 2021 12:25 PM

Apr 2020
Wait, Sauros...NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! For all the good and epic things that happened in this episode, that final scene was out of nowhere, not just for me but I guess the most of us.

Without much context, I guess that bald bastard took the right opportunity to dispose Saurous because of the mana calamity, and it was just so sudden I can't take it bro. Rest in peace, for you died unfairly, Sauros.

For as much as Eris is happy right now, once she comes back home and learns of this....Eris' Ep. 5 self but a thousand times worse.
Oct 17, 2021 12:41 PM
Jan 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, this episode was so hard to take seriously with Rudy being nude...

Not that I can blame him though since he got captured. This episode was painful to watch in such an environment. At least Rudy wasn't completely alone but it was still harsh. Episode goes to prove that there are still a lot of crude people in that world, especially to slaves. I think it's rather sad really.
Great anime, great episode but I can't watch anime that are painful to watch. My heart can't handle it :(
Oct 17, 2021 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Tylaen said:
Altter said:

Well he did explain it very poorly. If anything, stuffs would probably be explained in the next episode, so hold your judgment until then. Lot of stuffs happening in the series only got explained way down the line (especially when we mostly only have the POV of Rudeus), so expect a lot of situations like this.
He explained it...poorly? At engagement, he said, and I quote...

"Move it, Doggy" after being in a submissive position with the sacred beast on all fours above him, licking him. No time explain there, and he promptly gets promised the harshest punishment possible by the young beast guy.

Episode 3. He begins explaining how he is innocent but is interrupted by the "feeder beastgirl" throwing some stuff in his face while looking disgusted. They don't care about his explanation. I propose that he couldn't have explained it poorly because that'd require him to have explained himself at all.

Maybe I'll see next episode but I feel like I'm always being told "later, later. No judgment, just wait. later" by people who liked the LN. When can I judge? I'd like to know.

So, here Is my promise to you. I will revise my opinion openly if it's changed but I'll judge harshly as I have been. Is that alright?

You were that one guy who was getting offended over everything on the cour 1 threads. Seems like you’re trying your hardest to nitpick now because you have to hate this show regardless of what it does
Oct 17, 2021 12:46 PM
May 2013
I love how people are commenting on how Rudy considering letting the guy go is so heartless.

Please know that the world of Mushoku Tensei is not like those in most other isekai shows. It is a brutal world with a lot of strong beings who're way stronger than Rudy himself. One wrong decision could cost him his life. At this point, Rudy is still pretty weak despite his talent in magic.

Although Rudy would be regarded as one of the strongest person at the end of the story, his strengths mostly comes from the weapons and combat strategies he developed, as well as those who fought alongside him.
Oct 17, 2021 12:59 PM

Apr 2015
NinoNakano13 said:

You were that one guy who was getting offended over everything on the cour 1 threads. Seems like you’re trying your hardest to nitpick now because you have to hate this show regardless of what it does
I'm amused that you feel I'm "nitpicking" hard when these are just my impressions on the first viewing of an episode!

And yes, I'm still the guy who'll call out this shows awful glossing over of pedophilia. Cry about it more, homeboy.
Oct 17, 2021 1:20 PM
May 2008
antonn said:
UTMAN said:
Okay, this is the first episode where I really can't complain about anything. Rudeus naked for like a week was funny, but it became weird that after he got a cellmate, the new dude for some reason they let him keep his cloth, but not Rudeus. So it was kinda felt that Rudeus was naked for the sake of comedy rather than plot.

Animation was really nice, also the new OP song is okay, I guess? I liked the previous one better, but I guess it will grow on me eventually. Keep it up Mushoku!

It's not mentioned in the anime, but for the beast people the greatest humiliation is being stripped naked and doused with water. Rudeus was getting that treatment for "defiling" the sacred beast. Geese is just a petty criminal.

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification!
Oct 17, 2021 1:31 PM

May 2018
Even when nude Rudeus loves it especially with those beastkin girls UwU
Oct 17, 2021 1:34 PM

Mar 2018
I smirked at that Kaiji reference lol

Oct 17, 2021 1:59 PM
Nov 2018
oh man, poor eris.
Oct 17, 2021 2:05 PM

May 2021
People saying this episode was great, did we watch the same show? Because it was anything but great. Bunch of exposition and one magical cramp-shot in the dark without any decent choreography and that's it. Episode done, everyone can be happy go lucky again.

Whole thing was just one big plot convenience not to anything after another and then it resulted in the most "meh" fight ever.
Oct 17, 2021 2:10 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
I knew that sacred dog beast or whatever would act as Rudeus's sidekick - even if temporarily.
Oct 17, 2021 2:13 PM

May 2015
Man, you’d think if someone hated every episode they’ve watched of a show that they would just drop it, but I guess not lol.

Oct 17, 2021 2:32 PM

May 2021
Lamss said:
I knew that sacred dog beast or whatever would act as Rudeus's sidekick - even if temporarily.
And yet it was nowhere to be found, conveniently, the entire episode. Was it locked up? If so how did it get free? If not why didn't it help with the prison part? Whole episode is just one huge plot convenience.
Oct 17, 2021 2:37 PM
Dec 2020
This is easily the best episode this season so far, from the action set pieces, to the hot catgirls- I mean amazing beast people designs, to the big reveal in the end... EASY 5/5
Oct 17, 2021 2:38 PM
Dec 2020
MeanEYE said:
Lamss said:
And yet it was nowhere to be found, conveniently, the entire episode. Was it locked up? If so how did it get free? If not why didn't it help with the prison part? Whole episode is just one huge plot convenience.
they cut some stuff out the light novel apparently
Oct 17, 2021 2:39 PM

May 2021
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Man, you’d think if someone hated every episode they’ve watched of a show that they would just drop it, but I guess not lol.
To me all the previous episodes were good. This one just lacked effort. It was one plot convenience after another filled with dry exposition in between.

Not to mention they broke the rules they set. He explicitly stated he can look different amount of time ahead with his new eye and yet didn't see the knife or any other movement prediction.

We also didn't get any character development from main fighter guy and that girl who was punishing him. They just admitted being wrong and it ended at that. Nothing else, no interaction with them what so ever, they were just ignored in the room as if invisible. Just lazy episode all over.
Oct 17, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2021
AniPhoenix said:
MeanEYE said:
they cut some stuff out the light novel apparently
It really feels like that because things are obviously missing. I would understand if time was taken by a more important part of the story, but no. We just go half of the episode of him lying naked and talking to himself and staring into the distance. To make matters worse it really didn't feel as if he spent a week in that place.

Just confusing episode to me all around.
Oct 17, 2021 2:43 PM
Dec 2018
Tylaen said:
All that awful build-up for a strictly decent fight? I mean, alright but...the build-up was fucking dumb. Weren't these natives able to communicate with their beast? THEIR SACRED BEAST, yet somehow were still unable to discern that it was happy drooling all over Rudy...all so we could have this and "We were wrong about you, you're pretty awesome" scene from the beast folk. I mean, I guess we met this wholesome gambler too...

This is about on par with that anxiety erasing horse in C1. Lee sigh...

That's a fair observation. I had to do a double take, but I think it was explained in one of the volumes (The Ronoa University Arc) that beastmans have the ability to sense if a person is horny. Knowing Rudeus, he was probably in a horny state while interacting with the Sacred Beast and the beast people took it the wrong way.

I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Oct 17, 2021 2:49 PM

Sep 2016
Natsude_tanaka said:
can anyone tell me what was going on in the last scene? because i was confused and was that slyphiette

The one you are referring to, my dear, is best boi "F.".

EDIT: Sauros got executed because of political bs, the (completely made up) official reason for that being that his response to the mana calamity was "inadequate".
nerdokingoftrashOct 17, 2021 3:06 PM
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Oct 17, 2021 2:49 PM

May 2021
Conceptualhero said:
Tylaen said:
All that awful build-up for a strictly decent fight? I mean, alright but...the build-up was fucking dumb. Weren't these natives able to communicate with their beast? THEIR SACRED BEAST, yet somehow were still unable to discern that it was happy drooling all over Rudy...all so we could have this and "We were wrong about you, you're pretty awesome" scene from the beast folk. I mean, I guess we met this wholesome gambler too...

This is about on par with that anxiety erasing horse in C1. Lee sigh...

That's a fair observation. I had to do a double take, but I think it was explained in one of the volumes (The Ronoa University Arc) that beastmans have the ability to sense if a person is horny. Knowing Rudeus, he was probably in a horny state while interacting with the Sacred Beast and the beast people took it the wrong way.

If they had that ability, animators should have at least hinted at that. This way beast-people behaved like grumpy kids who got angry because someone else has a better bike.
Oct 17, 2021 2:53 PM
Dec 2018
MeanEYE said:
Conceptualhero said:

If they had that ability, animators should have at least hinted at that. This way beast-people behaved like grumpy kids who got angry because someone else has a better bike.

Yeah, they should. I am thinking that this concept will get explained later on. Light novel adaptations are iffy to be honest.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Oct 17, 2021 3:15 PM
Feb 2021
Im glad we got to see some real combat at the end there, I really wnjoy watching the fight scenes in this anime it's just perfection. And the grandfather at the end, I wonder how that part of the story will play out 🤔
Oct 17, 2021 3:17 PM
Mar 2013
Conceptualhero said:
MeanEYE said:

Yeah, they should. I am thinking that this concept will get explained later on. Light novel adaptations are iffy to be honest.

spoiled in case the anime talks about it or something out of order.
Oct 17, 2021 3:24 PM
May 2019
The execution of the OP was honestly perfect this is one of the rare animes where skipping the OP is actually not advisable. How they manage to cramp these beautiful landscapes and this awesome world building in to the intro actually amazes me.

Story and animation where also on point. Honestly I really enjoy season one but my expirations where not that high for this season but so far this anime has completely blown my expectations out of the park. The animation is fantastic the story telling is awesome. I love the OST.
In conclusion I unexpectedly found a really good anime. Let's hope they don't fuck this up. (looking at you Darling in the Franxx and Guilty Crown)
RuchtusOct 17, 2021 3:31 PM
Oct 17, 2021 3:39 PM

Feb 2016
in my opinion this was the best episode of the show so far i really liked it amazing world building, OST, animations and i love the new monkey face character (Rudy prison mate) he reminds me of some character from different anime
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Oct 17, 2021 3:43 PM
Dec 2019
Another great episode. The funny part was that Rudeus was the only naked one. It's great that the beast people finally resolved the misunderstanding. Seeing Rudeus spend time in jail was very entertaining.
Oct 17, 2021 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Rudy got screwed at all times but it was so handled very well that it was something funny the way he is naked lol.

The actions in the episode and the arrest of Rudy in that environment looked like he had committed a very heavy crime,for women despised Rudy inside the prison.
removed-userOct 17, 2021 4:13 PM
Oct 17, 2021 4:13 PM

May 2021
I like the guy that kept saying boss
Inhales oxygen
Oct 17, 2021 4:27 PM

Jul 2016
The first part is about Rudeus monologue in the beast tribe prison. Which he meets Geese that he called him senpai. Then the bandits are attacking the village and abducting the children, but thankfully Rudeus is there. And the leader of the bandits is a North King Saint the Cleaner that help them cross the ocean. The fight between is nicely animated and they defeated him with teamwork.

And the last part is anime original, for me the decision is weird because its build up, and the reveal is a surprise for the future episodes, but im ok with it because we the teaser about the nobles and cameo of certain princess and her attendants.

Overall the pacing is fast but great episode

Oct 17, 2021 4:29 PM

Jan 2021
I liked the house tour the environment and view we’re really good the interior designin was simplistic the security was also really good it’s always reassuring to know that you will be safe I’d rate this house a solid 8.5/10

Oct 17, 2021 4:38 PM
Aug 2021
comedy, drama, action and a couple grown up beast girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). this episode had everything.
Oct 17, 2021 4:49 PM

Jul 2017
Jamk_ said:
I liked the house tour the environment and view we’re really good the interior designin was simplistic the security was also really good it’s always reassuring to know that you will be safe I’d rate this house a solid 8.5/10

That segment with the 'house tour' is still generally way more entertaining and informative than anything I bet that MTV Cribs could ever offer. That place is also way, way better than my room at my university dorm so it's quite the good house indeed.
Oct 17, 2021 5:03 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,nice little cameo's at the end there.Loved the opening scenes with Rudeus going on about his "confinement".Hilarious!
Oct 17, 2021 5:07 PM
Jan 2020
NhtDesu said:
Solid episode!! As expect of Mushoku Tensei, the scenery feel realistic and give viewer the Tropical rainforest atmosphere but the most interesting thing is the way of living of beastman there, every little detail and practicality is just chef kiss to me like how they make the house really high on the tree not because of aesthetic alone but they do that to avoid flood and easy to avoid from danger(well it isn't if they burn the whole thing :(( ).

Tbh I didn't expect they would nude Rudeus in an open cage (somehow he feel OK about that :v) and just splash him with dirty cold water( it may not seem very serious but the temp of rainforest at night is ~20 °C and the fact Rudeus nude is just frickin cold and he trap there for almost a week bruh! Talk about harsh treatment).

The fight was raw and the enemies even using hostage to win, some may hate Rudeus because of his indecisiveness but it's really show how normal would think giving the situation that could he win the guys when all the strong just get beatdown so easily and the benefit of helping them? Rudeus is not a hero he just want to go back home if he help them here and end up dead who will responsible for that? I love how they keep zooming into Rudeus that keep escalate pushing him to make the right choice giving that he almost make a very poor choice. Overall 10/10 execution very good episode, btw F Sauros man that was both raw and brutal how the head keep rolling....
Akamiroo said:
Did i saw a certain Asura princess?!!! A f-ing Asura princess?!!!!!
Erogamerss said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
can anyone tell me what was going on in the last scene? because i was confused and was that slyphiette
just wait. May be some Pov latter.

The elf is Silent Fitts and it'd hate to spoil info on that character too soon though it'll probably be revealed soon if this continues the same path as the manga. Silent Fitts will be a major character in the magic academy arc which should land for season 2.
Oct 17, 2021 5:32 PM

Mar 2015
this episode is all over the place. why couldn't they just be faithful to the source material and do this - whatever they are doing - jumble of events? am I being yakusoku neverlanded all over again?
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Oct 17, 2021 5:34 PM

Jul 2017
pasanoid said:
this episode is all over the place. why couldn't they just be faithful to the source material and do this - whatever they are doing - jumble of events? am I being yakusoku neverlanded all over again?

Minor changes were there but it was fairly cohesive stuff overall. The Neverland comparison's way off the mark when it comes to adaptation comparisons. This is still a great adaptation, just not a perfect 1:1 of the source material. That Neverland adaptation in season 2 was.... I don't even wanna get into details about that one.
Oct 17, 2021 5:42 PM

Mar 2015
animejas said:
pasanoid said:

Minor changes were there but it was fairly cohesive stuff overall. The Neverland comparison's way off the mark when it comes to adaptation comparisons. This is still a great adaptation, just not a perfect 1:1 of the source material. That Neverland adaptation in season 2 was.... I don't even wanna get into details about that one.
idk man, they cut some things out, they add some new thing in. this makes me slightly worried. yakusoku neverland s2 too had a few good episodes -- and boom -- it became a pile of crap. I hope I'm just overreacting
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Oct 17, 2021 5:42 PM
Mar 2021
Perfect episode loves it
Oct 17, 2021 5:49 PM
May 2021
Can someone please explain if theres specific reason as to why Roxy went out her way to find Paul's family? I mean Paul and Roxy's relation are nothing more than paid teacher am I wrong? seems the anime and wiki didn't really give me a solid answer.
Oct 17, 2021 5:52 PM

Jul 2017
pasanoid said:
idk man, they cut some things out, they add some new thing in. this makes me slightly worried. yakusoku neverland s2 too had a few good episodes -- and boom -- it became a pile of crap. I hope I'm just overreacting

Nah it'll be fine. The Promised Neverland is really an exception when it comes to adapting material while trying to be original at the same time. Mushoku Tensei's minor changes are fine in the grand scheme of things, still has the story so far making sense and the visuals and backgrounds and music more than make up for the tiny details the anime chose to leave out or leave till another time to re-explore. For light novel adaptation standards, even with the minor changes that are linked to the manga or the LN, it's still a fantastic adaptation so far. Hell this episode was still fantastic.

No need to worry about this being a Promised Neverland mess, or for most adaptations really. That TPN season 2 is unique with how much of a mess that was.
Oct 17, 2021 5:55 PM

Jul 2017
JuwN said:
Can someone please explain if theres specific reason as to why Roxy went out her way to find Paul's family? I mean Paul and Roxy's relation are nothing more than paid teacher am I wrong? seems the anime and wiki didn't really give me a solid answer.

Roxy cares a lot about Rudeus and the Greyrat family that she stayed with for a few years, and bonded with them beyond just Roxy being Rudeus' teacher. Hell, Zenith even wanted Roxy to stay with them despite Rudeus graduating from her. So, she wants to make sure that everyone in that family are safe and sound, and learn about what happened with them too. Paul's the one who confirmed that he's with Norn and alive so she's looking for him to then furthermore find out how everyone else are doing. Rudeus hasn't been confirmed alive just yet in her and his eyes, don't know about Lilia, Aisha nor Zenith either.
Oct 17, 2021 6:04 PM

Jun 2019
Great episode. I liked the worldbuilding in the beastpeople village, as well as Rudeus’ interactions with Geese and the fight against the smuggler.
Oct 17, 2021 6:05 PM

Oct 2021
The beast village reminds me of morrowind
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Oct 17, 2021 6:07 PM

Jun 2019
pasanoid said:

This episode was very coherent to me, somebody that has never read the source material.
Oct 17, 2021 6:29 PM
May 2021
animejas said:
JuwN said:

Roxy cares a lot about Rudeus and the Greyrat family that she stayed with for a few years, and bonded with them beyond just Roxy being Rudeus' teacher. Hell, Zenith even wanted Roxy to stay with them despite Rudeus graduating from her. So, she wants to make sure that everyone in that family are safe and sound, and learn about what happened with them too. Paul's the one who confirmed that he's with Norn and alive so she's looking for him to then furthermore find out how everyone else are doing. Rudeus hasn't been confirmed alive just yet in her and his eyes, don't know about Lilia, Aisha nor Zenith either.
I see, thanks for the reply.
Oct 17, 2021 6:35 PM

Aug 2011
I assume we're going to get some backstory whatever happen with that mana distortion .
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

399 by JasperLord »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM

» Does Rudeus ever stop being a pervert

Jking_The_Dark - Mar 22

36 by ChaChaVan »»
May 17, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

190 by marta_valse »»
May 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

467 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

274 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 12:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.