Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2021 3:22 PM
Apr 2020
Currently I have seen only 4 episodes and I have not seen anything entertaining or sad, just mediocrity.

Is this series worth continuing to watch?

(Sorry if my English is not very good)
Oct 16, 2021 3:25 PM
Mar 2021
the final episode is incredible but there's some hella uneven shit leading up to that. I wish the whole series was as good as the finale
Oct 16, 2021 3:27 PM
Apr 2020
Violet42 said:
the final episode is incredible but there's some hella uneven shit leading up to that. I wish the whole series was as good as the finale

I had really high hopes but those first 4 episodes were horrible.
Oct 16, 2021 3:29 PM
Mar 2021
it's so variable in tone I can definitely understand why someone would get annoyed and have trouble connecting to the characters. It does get better, but if you're already irritated with it, I would just say drop it, it's not essential viewing.
Oct 16, 2021 3:42 PM

Jan 2020
I'd say continue, most of the praise that's told about this series is for the last few episodes, and you only have 8 episodes to go after all
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Oct 16, 2021 3:48 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I personally think it's worth it as this ended up being one of my favorites...
...but if you're not liking the show, then why bother forcing yourself to continue?

It's your call at this point.
Oct 16, 2021 3:54 PM
Sep 2021
SetsunaZ said:
Currently I have seen only 4 episodes and I have not seen anything entertaining or sad, just mediocrity.

I Remember watching this show and Litterally Not even being able to rember the first few episodes, yet the show was an 8 out of ten and I only have few shows that are an 8. This basically means that the Shows Ending was amazing and Honestly it's worth the wait, so I'd say continue watching.
Oct 16, 2021 4:16 PM
Dec 2020
SetsunaZ said:

It’s s a build up. It’s gonna get to feels eventually but first it wants you to connect with the characters so that when the feels hit, it hits like a train. You have to understand a character’s traits before it explains the backstory on those traits. But if you really don’t like it then drop it.
Oct 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Sep 2018
SetsunaZ said:

I think you definitely should. This show was a 4/10 at best for me until episode 5 and I dropped it for a few months before a friend convinced me to pick it back up, and it was definitely worth it. The second half and the ending are AMAZING.
Oct 16, 2021 4:28 PM

Apr 2020
In the early episodes it only focuses on comedy, but starting from episode 9 the story will start to get interesting.
Oct 16, 2021 4:51 PM
Aug 2021
Force yourself to continue. It starts to get very good after
Oct 16, 2021 4:57 PM

Feb 2020
Ending is really good. But rest of it is weak tbh. So it depends
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 16, 2021 5:38 PM
Jan 2018
The ending is really great. I would recommend to keep watching it because it will only get better from now on. Its not very long too so you will get to the ending soon.
Oct 16, 2021 6:05 PM
Jan 2021
Trust me it's worth it for the ending keep watching.
Oct 16, 2021 6:29 PM

Dec 2020
SetsunaZ said:

I think your main problem is high hopes. Chill with the expectations, expectation is the root of unenjoyment. People kill so many decent anime for themselves by being unable to turn off their expectations and just watch from a blank slate, or in the eyes of the creators. If only people would do so, they’d probably have far richer experiences with anime.

That said, lots of people here saying the ending is great - don’t let the fact that everyone is saying that make you hold all this anticipation for the end. Just go in raw, otherwise you’ll probably end up disappointed
Oct 16, 2021 10:48 PM

Sep 2010
Like a few people have said the pacing is weird, but when it picks up it really picks up. It was one of the first animes I watched and remembered absolutely loving it, then when I rewatched it recently after almost 10 years for a few episodes in I had a real hard time continuing, felt boring and didn't grab me at all like I remembered. If you stick with it you will see a point where the anime shifts and it gets it's momentum. Don't want to over hype it but it's ending is still regarded so highly even after all these years for a reason.
Oct 16, 2021 11:43 PM
May 2021
I finished the anime quite recently, and I remember having the same problem at first: the beginning just hella confused me and I didn't get why they were fighting. I felt disappointed because there was so much hype around the show... but, around the middle I grew to like it more and the episodes just showing their daily antics were actually my favorites as I eventually connected to the characters. I didn't care about them fighting, I just loved seeing them interact with each other. This made the ending even more satisfying and sad, and I felt extremely sorry for them.

TLDR: hang in there, their daily interactions are worth watching and make you care for them in the super sad finale (imo).
Oct 17, 2021 2:20 AM
May 2021
Definitely watch it. I enjoyed it so much and after I saw this I'm going to rewatch it lol.
Oct 17, 2021 9:46 AM

May 2013
If that mediocrity isn’t good or bad, then you should probably drop it and move onto a new show (hopefully one that you might enjoy more)
Oct 17, 2021 1:25 PM
Jan 2020
I had the same problem you have, I had watched only the first 4 eps and I didn't like it a lot, but it's from ep 5 that I started really liking it. I think the show is really worth the watch, the ending os so sad and it's a short anime anyway so give it a try!
Oct 18, 2021 5:33 PM
Mar 2020
It’s definitely worth continuing. While the first 4 episodes weren’t the best even though I enjoyed them. Characters get later properly introduced and you learn about them and their backstories. The show gets really depressing though especially at the end. It’s definitely a good show with a lot of emotion and great characters. A lot of it is great but I do warn you it will get depressing I’m saying continue but just be prepared to cry quite a bit.
Oct 20, 2021 9:00 AM
May 2021
It gets good last episodes in my opinion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.