Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2021 1:36 PM
May 2021
I finished this series today, really LOVED this series.
I wish there would be another season of this or they should re release this series with better graphics like Fruit basket did.
This series is real Under-rated and Under-hyped.
And yet so far no one else is talking about this series too. I might be late but seriously no one...
Oct 6, 2021 4:42 PM
Sep 2020
I agree with you.I loved this series and I am sad that it never really got paid attention to.
Oct 7, 2021 2:32 PM
Jul 2014
Extremely underrated. Been holding off watching this. But no regrets after watching!
Oct 22, 2021 4:57 PM

Oct 2020
I completely agree, I just finished the last episode and I can’t believe how overlooked this show is. I’ll definitely be recommending it to anyone looking for a good mecha show.
Oct 28, 2021 2:06 AM
Jul 2014
I agree, it's very, very good. Great characters, good storytelling, Ange and Tusk are a great couple. Definitely goes in a different direction after the first couple of episodes though.
Oct 28, 2021 2:07 AM
Jul 2014
Junichi_Hashiba said:
I completely agree, I just finished the last episode and I can’t believe how overlooked this show is. I’ll definitely be recommending it to anyone looking for a good mecha show.
I feel like a lot of people watch the first two episodes and go "bleak, violent, sex laden for the sake of it" and give up. It gets really good after episode 3.
Oct 28, 2021 2:27 AM

Oct 2020
Damolisher said:
Junichi_Hashiba said:
I feel like a lot of people watch the first two episodes and go "bleak, violent, sex laden for the sake of it" and give up. It gets really good after episode 3.

I must admit I've watched it twice now and I didn't really notice the change! 😅 It's probably because I'm bingeing them so they sort of bleed together. I did notice on my second watch that Embryo was with Ange and Silvia when she fell off the horse, which makes me wonder if Embryo was the one who fixed her spine. I bet when this was aired one episode a week the first two eps must have put a lot of people off.
Oct 28, 2021 6:26 AM
May 2021
Junichi_Hashiba said:
Damolisher said:

I must admit I've watched it twice now and I didn't really notice the change! 😅 It's probably because I'm bingeing them so they sort of bleed together. I did notice on my second watch that Embryo was with Ange and Silvia when she fell off the horse, which makes me wonder if Embryo was the one who fixed her spine. I bet when this was aired one episode a week the first two eps must have put a lot of people off.

Finally got someone who is taking about the series.
Yeah starting 2-3 episodes aren't that good, but after that trust me it's amazing.
And the character development is on next level. Story is good though, pervert Tusk how can we forgot about him ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°
Overall this series is really amazing.
Only graphics and story at some party needs improvement
Oct 28, 2021 6:27 AM
May 2021
Damolisher said:
Junichi_Hashiba said:

Yo read my comment before this one ⊂(◉‿◉)つ
Oct 28, 2021 8:08 AM

Oct 2020
Soul_Viper said:
Junichi_Hashiba said:

Yeah starting 2-3 episodes aren't that good, but after that trust me it's amazing.
And the character development is on next level. Story is good though, pervert Tusk how can we forgot about him ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡°

As we're talking about it:

• How did Tusk survive that explosion?
  • How did Momoka survive her fall and the explosion (I'm guessing she maybe used her mana for that one)
  • Why did Embryo decide to merge the two Earths instead of just moving on to one of the new ones he had hanging around in multidimensional space? Maybe it was a convenient way to wipe out both troublesome races so he didn't have both of them crossing over and harassing his new world?
  • How did the Dragon people have kids when all the men are giant dragons? 😅

Incidentally, I love the subtle parallel between Salia and Jill when Salia's paramail loses its right arm fighting Ange.
Oct 28, 2021 8:52 AM

Sep 2018
Junichi_Hashiba said:

How did Tusk survive that explosion?

Who cares, it made for the best reunion scene in anime ever ;-)

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 28, 2021 8:59 AM
May 2021
Junichi_Hashiba said:
Soul_Viper said:

• How did Tusk survive that explosion?
  • How did Momoka survive her fall and the explosion (I'm guessing she maybe used her mana for that one)
  • Why did Embryo decide to merge the two Earths instead of just moving on to one of the new ones he had hanging around in multidimensional space? Maybe it was a convenient way to wipe out both troublesome races so he didn't have both of them crossing over and harassing his new world?
  • How did the Dragon people have kids when all the men are giant dragons? 😅

Incidentally, I love the subtle parallel between Salia and Jill when Salia's paramail loses its right arm fighting Ange.

1] Tusk already said on the beach, Ange's knights are invincible.. they can't die.
2] She make herself stuck in Tree before explosion, you can see after Ange and tusk ... Aaa ... whatever they did on beach after that ° ͜ ʖ ͡° 😂🌚
3] That's villains thing, can't do anything with that 😂😂
4] Well I guess dragons can also transforms into men for a period of time, and uk what happens next ..🌚

Yeah, finally we watched Jill fighting. But it was sad what happened right after fight😞
Oct 28, 2021 9:01 AM
May 2021
borderliner said:
Junichi_Hashiba said:

How did Tusk survive that explosion?

Who cares, it made for the best reunion scene in anime ever ;-)

Yup ... It was one of the best reunion for me !!🙂🙃
Oct 28, 2021 9:13 AM

Jun 2012
This was the end of an era for seasonally produced Sunrise mecha, but at the time a lot of people wrote it off as hot trash. A shame because it's probably the most memorable show of that season.
Oct 28, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
It was a damn blast to watch. Shows like Cross Ange are rare.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 28, 2021 9:24 AM
May 2021
OLDGOODNEWBAD said:
This was the end of an era for seasonally produced Sunrise mecha, but at the time a lot of people wrote it off as hot trash. A shame because it's probably the most memorable show of that season.

Sad life.. this is truly under-rated and under-hyped. I wish they re release it just like FB 😞😞
Oct 28, 2021 9:26 AM

Oct 2020
Also I thought the soundtrack was fantastic, especially the Villkiss transformation, Embryo's theme and the music from the final battle.
Oct 28, 2021 9:26 AM
May 2021
FMmatron said:
It was a damn blast to watch. Shows like Cross Ange are rare.

Yeah, what I think is if the graphics were good and stories are some parts were good.... it can really competite with jjk or AoT.
Oct 28, 2021 9:29 AM
May 2021
Junichi_Hashiba said:
Also I thought the soundtrack was fantastic, especially the Villkiss transformation, Embryo's theme and the music from the final battle.

Yeah I forgot to mention those. Those songs were real good.
But I have one question... how Ange's mother knew this song? Was she already met Norma before and they told them this song.. this part is still mystery.
Oct 28, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2014
There are definitely some holes in the plot that are easy to poke at. Like how Ange is pretty.much a completely different character five episodes in.

But yeah, her reunion with Tusk when he survives is actually really heartwarming, because for a show which isn't afraid of gratuitous fanservice,that sex scene is actually heartwarming and serves a purpose in the grand scheme of things. That's good writing.
Nov 2, 2021 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
Cross Ange was real fun. Surpassed Gundam Seed. An end of an era.
Nov 2, 2021 1:27 PM
May 2021
Benisuzume said:
Cross Ange was real fun. Surpassed Gundam Seed. An end of an era.

When I started this series, it was 167k something and now its 170k+
This growth was nice but still under-hyped. Hope so people watch it, but I don't think so
Nov 2, 2021 1:31 PM
May 2021
Damolisher said:
There are definitely some holes in the plot that are easy to poke at. Like how Ange is pretty.much a completely different character five episodes in.

But yeah, her reunion with Tusk when he survives is actually really heartwarming, because for a show which isn't afraid of gratuitous fanservice,that sex scene is actually heartwarming and serves a purpose in the grand scheme of things. That's good writing.

Don't you think so, if this series have some real good animation and improves story at some parts....would have compete with JJK or DS
Cause story was so awesome here and Character development was outstanding
Nov 2, 2021 2:04 PM
Jul 2014
Soul_Viper said:
Damolisher said:

Don't you think so, if this series have some real good animation and improves story at some parts....would have compete with JJK or DS
Cause story was so awesome here and Character development was outstanding

Honestly, I don't even mind the animation too much. The only real modifications I'd make are at the start by slowing down Ange's sudden change in personality. One minute she's a haughty royal brat, next minute she's tough girl who cut her own hair.
Nov 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Oct 2020
I don’t know if I’d want Ange’s early progress to be slowed down much. I’m just rewatching the first few episodes and Ange calling all the girls “things”, rejecting Vivian’s attempt at friendship and getting Cocoa and Miranda killed makes her pretty unlikeable. I think if that were stretched out too long it could put people off before they see the awesome character she becomes.
Nov 19, 2021 9:53 PM
Dec 2018
This show was better than I could have imagined based off those first two episodes. Not because they were bad, but because things dipped to such a low note.

But yeah, I could not stop watching until it's done.

Oh and embryo is the ultimate incel.
Nov 21, 2021 9:21 PM

Jan 2014
this was so great, just what i needed, a really good show. i was already liking it in the middle of ep 2, like i could feel that *ohhh yeh this is gonna be goood*
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Dec 3, 2021 11:28 PM
Jul 2014
Dansedemorte said:
This show was better than I could have imagined based off those first two episodes. Not because they were bad, but because things dipped to such a low note.

That's just it. Those first two episodes are misleading. You think "Oh god, it's gonna be one of those 'violent, everything is done for shock value, edgelordy everyone's an arsehole, all we have is downer moments' anime" and then it turns out, nope, it's really, really good. Good characters, good story, good romance.
DamolisherDec 3, 2021 11:37 PM
Dec 3, 2021 11:33 PM
May 2021
Damolisher said:
Dansedemorte said:

That's just it. Those first two episodes are misleading. You think "Oh god, it's gonna be one of those 'violent, everyone's an arsehole, all we have is downer moments' anime" and then it turns out, nope, it's really, really good. Good characters, good story, good romance.

Well explained!
My friends also said the same thing about this series in last.
I really hope so this series get some more members like us.
Dec 31, 2021 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
You said it. It's a hidden gem and a goddamn masterpiece! The director wanted to release it since the early 00s btw.
Dec 31, 2021 3:01 PM
May 2021
Liebely said:
You said it. It's a hidden gem and a goddamn masterpiece! The director wanted to release it since the early 00s btw.

Yupppp..Let's see what happens. I really love this series. Even I am planning on watching this series again for the third time. But currently watching Bleach
Dec 31, 2021 3:13 PM

Jul 2013
When I watched this show back in 2016, it only had around 30k members but now looking at the members of 170k, it just goes to show you this gem has been found. That makes me happy, you know?
Dec 31, 2021 3:39 PM

Oct 2020
I bought the Blu-Ray for Christmas so I can watch it whenever I want now. 😊
Jan 1, 2022 12:31 AM
May 2021
Junichi_Hashiba said:
I bought the Blu-Ray for Christmas so I can watch it whenever I want now. 😊

Oh wow 😳😳
I am saving for it
Jan 3, 2022 11:04 AM

Aug 2018
I love this series too. I think it has a great deal of meaning as well as being a great story. Modern viewers are too squeamish and full of themselves to enjoy Cross Ange.
Jan 3, 2022 11:11 AM

Aug 2018
Junichi_Hashiba said:
I don’t know if I’d want Ange’s early progress to be slowed down much. I’m just rewatching the first few episodes and Ange calling all the girls “things”, rejecting Vivian’s attempt at friendship and getting Cocoa and Miranda killed makes her pretty unlikeable. I think if that were stretched out too long it could put people off before they see the awesome character she becomes.
I agree on the speed of Ange’s transformation. She cracked in the battle in E3 and realized she wanted to live, whatever it took.
Apr 16, 2022 3:45 PM

Oct 2020
Lol, I never paused and read the apology that Momoka wrote for Ange after they had their naked fight in the bath before. Interesting that they spell Salia as Thalia too.

Oct 9, 2022 2:29 AM

Sep 2018
Damolisher said:
Dansedemorte said:

That's just it. Those first two episodes are misleading. You think "Oh god, it's gonna be one of those 'violent, everything is done for shock value, edgelordy everyone's an arsehole, all we have is downer moments' anime" and then it turns out, nope, it's really, really good. Good characters, good story, good romance.

It really started harsh with how they showed Ange at her worst and because of how real (visceral) the behaviour and emotions of the cast felt. They didnt hold back at all at showing how mean or cruel people can be. Or how extreme they can sometimes be in their actions (see Ange freaking out 500% in the first episodes) They also didnt try to gloss it over or excuse any of it, just showed it as it is. Seeing the characters do bad or extreme things and most of that having real consequences made the show pretty brutal to watch. My heart. My eyes. But very much worth watching to the end.
The show is almost start to finish an incredible experience, imo.

Its interesting seeing people pan the writing/direction for this show when it was released, when from my pov its stupidly good.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 9, 2022 5:56 PM
Jul 2014
Elinchayiel said:
Damolisher said:

It really started harsh with how they showed Ange at her worst and because of how real (visceral) the behaviour and emotions of the cast felt. They didnt hold back at all at showing how mean or cruel people can be. Or how extreme they can sometimes be in their actions (see Ange freaking out 500% in the first episodes) They also didnt try to gloss it over or excuse any of it, just showed it as it is. Seeing the characters do bad or extreme things and most of that having real consequences made the show pretty brutal to watch. My heart. My eyes. But very much worth watching to the end.
The show is almost start to finish an incredible experience, imo.

Its interesting seeing people pan the writing/direction for this show when it was released, when from my pov its stupidly good.

It's interesting because Reddit did a rewatch and it's honestly amazing how many people watched to the end and went from "lol, this fucking trainwreck. Let's see how bad it is." To "Oh. That was actually really, really good. I liked it."

People just have to give it a chance.
Oct 17, 2022 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
Junichi_Hashiba said:

[list]
[*]How did Tusk survive that explosion?

Folks who've seen Gundam Seed should know the answer to that one... let's just call him "Kira-Jesus-Yamato's long lost descendant"

Damolisher said:

It's interesting because Reddit did a rewatch and it's honestly amazing how many people watched to the end and went from "lol, this fucking trainwreck. Let's see how bad it is." To "Oh. That was actually really, really good. I liked it."

People just have to give it a chance.

I frigging loved this show as I watched it when it was airing. Felt like I could hear Sunrise staff who worked on it grinning like mad when writing it, lmao. It has this form of narcissistic self-awareness as pointed out in the top MAL review that's just super entertaining for those who enjoy a good trashy-fun show. I remember walking around with this avatar on a forum, lol:

ManlyTearOct 17, 2022 5:53 PM
Feb 14, 2023 4:21 AM
Nov 2010

I think what made this trashy entertainment is it is definitely NOT self-aware.  It has this Forest Gump earnestness at whatever random thread of thought a person suffering from a maniac episode came up and just ran with it until the next flash came along and took over. Except the ED visual, every character have this constipation face or perhaps trying too hard not to laugh :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.