Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2021 2:57 AM
Aug 2021
Quite a long ago, I underrated the TV Series just because I thought its plot was too silly. There were some scenes, which the characters' actions cannot be explained like "how could Akihito follow and come into the Hollow Shadow to save Kuriyama although he had just been at home while Mirai was running to chase the Hollow Shadow?", "How did Ayaka and Ninomiya know Akihito was at risk of turning into dangerous Yomu early enough to come?", and many times which the character knew the other's problem out of nowhere.

However, after completing Mirai-hen, I'm totally satisfied. And his mother surprised me too. At first, I thought she was just a crazy milf who doesn't care about her son. But after the movie, I realized she's always at Akihito's back and also understands her son the most. She never over-protected her son but respect his emotion and help him to act of his own will. And her way of helping her son is so special that both Akihito and the audience may not be aware of it. I believe she was behind many unexplained scenes which I mentioned. Even right after Mirai took “Beyond the Boundary” out of him, her mother might take care of him to protect his life since he was no longer immortal.

Her personality is interesting too. She loves unconditionally and hates how the adults make everything seriously. She also watches over everyone around her son.

But more surprising that she is also related to Mirai and her clan. She had a deep relationship with Mirai’s mother that she entrusted her body for Akihito’s mother to make a ring after her death. And obviously, she must know Kuriyama Mirai and somehow protect her on behalf of her mother. She also knew how Mirai’s clan blood can affect her son and even knew that Mirai would destine to be a special one to her son (if she didn’t believe that, she must jump in or do something to save him from Mirai’s first stab or she was totally able to send her to somewhere else). It made her and Akihito’s origin became much more mysterious. But after all, we didn’t have enough evidence to prove anything about them. I just guess Akihito was the result of her effort to seal the “Gate” between two worlds, which made her become a “Gatekeeper”. That also remind me of episode 12, which she said: “Akihito and Mirai are more than a Yomu and a Spirit World Warrior, they’re special. ” Since we knew that love can seal “Beyond the Boundary”, Mirai and Akihito were not only lovers but the only couple who could keep control of that deadly Yomu.

In conclusion, she’s mysterious but an amazing mother, who is childish and annoying but constantly supports her son and his beloved. However I hope we could see more OVA or side-story about this wonderful woman.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Movie: I'll Be Here - Mirai-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2015

188 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 7:07 AM

» What was that ending? Spoilers for the ending.

babybebop - Jan 31, 2023

2 by wikimated »»
Feb 1, 2023 9:12 PM

» Weird genre

Eyad_Alshabibi - Nov 19, 2022

4 by inevitable_soul »»
Nov 19, 2022 10:01 AM

» Does this movie explain how Mirai survive in season 1?

RjtheGreat14 - Oct 14, 2021

3 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Oct 15, 2021 2:04 AM

» Can someone explain to me?

LeonLanford - May 22, 2016

6 by Gunkan2213 »»
Oct 2, 2021 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.