Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2021 6:33 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"We're going to claim the One Piece" Epic moment and damn, imagine these two with the Ancient weapons. If I was a samurai under Orochi I definitely would want no smoke with these monsters.

The extended Orochi monologue wasn't too bad either. At least one of the anime original additions I can fully approve(unlike Zoro Haoshoku from the same episode director) The beheading was so-so. Didn't really like the color effects again.

Kanjuro vs Kiku was better in that regard. Although a bit dragged, it was nonetheless a pretty good anime original scene as well with flashbacks that tugged on my heartrings. Befitting to such a clash. The manga unfortunately off paneled it. Aftermath was a mix of sad and epic(fire OST) with the Akazaya who don't have much time to mourn. Feels bad Kinemon. Had to think back to Dress Rosa times when you were looking for your firend and now this..cruel turn of events that just feels unreal. Wistful Kiku hit hard too. Friggin bittersweet.

For an episode that didn't cover much manga content it was definitely one of the best.

Sheesh Luffy

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2021 7:15 PM
May 2020
Wow , ngl this is a great episode lmao , the animation and pacing arent that great but it didnt feel like a slow episode and
as for me idgaf bout animation that much , not a big deal

I cant believe that i almost cried for that traitor, Toei did a pretty good job here

5/5 episode here
One Piece is bad, really
Oct 2, 2021 7:29 PM

Jan 2020
Amazing episode. 5/5 in my eyes

Visuals were fantastic and there were a countless amount of nice looking scenes and moments. The Kiku and Kanjuro fight was pretty nice and was well done in my opinion

Oct 2, 2021 7:31 PM
Jul 2021
The Next Episode is about to go insane! Maybe the same reaction when Luffy confronts Doflamingo?
Oct 2, 2021 7:33 PM

Dec 2013
This was a good episode. Orochi being betrayed after so many years was definitely a shocking moment.

Kiku and Kanjuro's fight was really emotional to watch. I feel really bad for the Akazaya nine for being betrayed by Kanjuro as they did.
Oct 2, 2021 7:35 PM

Feb 2010
Preview has some godly looking animation, next episode is going to be CRAZY
Oct 2, 2021 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
I am so glad they kept the scene with Kaido cutting off the head of Orochi. Dang man. Although the colors had to be the censorship. They still did a nice job on it. The scene with Kuku and Kanjuro fighting each other was also good. Sure it was dragged out and it lasted too long, but it was nicely done. In the manga it was off screen or paneled, and only showed Kiku crying after cutting down Kanjuro. Anyways a nice episode. We are getting closer to the event many manga readers are waiting for. So excited for it. X3
Oct 2, 2021 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
There were so many filler scenes but didn't feel like toei was dragging anything and last 5 minutes were just amazing.
Great episode 5/5.
removed-userOct 2, 2021 8:56 PM
Oct 2, 2021 7:50 PM

Feb 2020
G_Spark233 said:
This was a good episode. Orochi being betrayed after so many years was definitely a shocking moment.

Kiku and Kanjuro's fight was really emotional to watch. I feel really bad for the Akazaya nine for being betrayed by Kanjuro as they did.
yoo fam
How do I block users on this app?
Oct 2, 2021 7:53 PM

Nov 2016
FreshIngredient said:

Looks promising, but I'm not expecting anything too wild tbh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 2, 2021 8:02 PM

Oct 2017
Orochi killed like the bug he was. O Kiku vs Kanjuro fight was pretty cool. Thou Luffy my man needs to learn some manners.
Oct 2, 2021 8:23 PM

Apr 2015
Was it really necessary for all the "WHAAAAAAATTTTT!!!????" faces? Especially from the "heroes"? I'm pretty sure that was just filler. From what we've already experienced, there was ZERO "horror" in that scene.
Oct 2, 2021 8:43 PM

Jul 2007
BonkyTrollDoll said:
Was it really necessary for all the "WHAAAAAAATTTTT!!!????" faces? Especially from the "heroes"? I'm pretty sure that was just filler. From what we've already experienced, there was ZERO "horror" in that scene.

It was a very tense moment in the room, Kaido literally cut off Orochi's Head and he also announced along with big mom that they are going after the One piece. To top it off, Big mom's laugh at the end added to the horror of the scene.

Either way it was a big development in the story to. Its the first time you have heard that these emperors want to pursue the legendary treasure and the ancient weapons as one of their main goals and Orochi who we have been following as one of the primary antagonist of this arc just got killed like that. So the studio deffinitly felt the need to emphasize the importance of the scene and there is nothing wrong with that. It was handled quite well despite it being a bit censored.
ArtimesGamerOct 2, 2021 9:02 PM

Oct 2, 2021 8:52 PM
Feb 2021
LETS GOOOOOOOOO watching one piece weekly really hard huh.
Oct 2, 2021 8:56 PM
Apr 2021
It out was amazing
Oct 2, 2021 8:57 PM
May 2020
Way better then last episode and seems to only get better from now
Oct 2, 2021 9:16 PM

Jun 2015
Such a shocking and overly dramatic episode , Orochi and Kanjuro's unanticipated deaths...
Oct 2, 2021 9:17 PM

Apr 2015
link9us said:
BonkyTrollDoll said:

It wasn't really horror, it was a very tense moment in the room, Kaido literally cut off Orochi's Head and he also announced along with big mom that they are going after the One piece.

Either way it was a big development in the story to. Its the first time you have heard that these emperors want to pursue the legendary treasure and the ancient weapons as one of their main goals. So the studio deffinitly felt the need to emphasize the importance of the scene and there is nothing wrong with that.

link9us, I absolutely see your point. In a way, your right. I'm kind of overstating the whole thing. But what I was referring to was the decapitation of Orochi, not the announcement of the "Alliance". Everyone got the "Red Horror" look when he chopped off Orochi's head. I think it was too much putting a "horror" filter over the heroes. Orochi's loyal vassals, yeah, maybe. But I think we're too far into this whole story for our heroes to be RED SHADED SHOCKED by Kaido's betrayal. I think a "wide-eyed black and white pupil" shock could have done it better. The whole Dario Argento "RED HORROR" could have been saved for the Alliance announcement.

Like I said, I overstate things.

Mar 2020
Damn 2 emperors of the sea teaming up to find the One Piece and even Ancient Weapons could spell serious competition to Luffy and trouble to the Navy.. Orochi got betrayed by Kaido too because he was getting in his way, brutal. They really played up the impact of Kanjuro's betrayal on the Scabbards and I actually really liked those scenes, got me emotional enough for them. Overall, a good episode!

Sep 2010
Quite a rare thing for a show that rarely kills characters, to kill two off at once. I hope they are both permanently dead and don't come back some how. They both deserved it. Next episode looks to be good as well!

Jun 2019
Well, that was something. Big Mom and Kaido declared their union and that they're going for the One Piece. Orochi is such an idiot. I'm glad he got his head chopped in two.

On the other hand, Kiku vs Kanjuro was really nice and emotional. Really enjoyed the episode.
Oct 2, 2021 9:20 PM

Jul 2013
What a great episode. I liked the fact that we went right into it, rather than getting showed what happened in the last one for the first couple minutes, which unfortunately is too often the case.

The beginning was kinda shocking and at the same time also somewhat satisfying. As we heard before Kaido and Big Mom allied to collect the ancient weapons, not only to lead the world into chaos but now they made also official that they want to get their hands on the One Piece.

What irritated me at first was Kaidos comment that Orochis subordinates have to choose. But as further Kaidos explanation went on, the fierce interfere of Orochi and how King was holding his sword, something had to happen.
At the very first moment I didn't knew who got "injured" lol, especially with them showing Momo. Seeing the beheaded Orochi a couple seconds afterwards was something I didn't expect at all. But with the New Onigashima project, I guess Kaido knew he had get rid of Orochi. Orochi was too confident in believing Kaido was someone he can control and so he finally got what he deserved. Kudos to Orochis VA. He did a fantastic job in portraying such a hated character.

The fight between Kiko and Kanjuro was very well done. Although it seemed at one point like Kiku would bring the Goku move in forgiving an enemy and neglect her guard. But gladly I was wrong and she managed to finally finish Kanjuro off.
Still a very sad scene when Kinemon and the other Akazaya where standing around Kanjuros body. Knowing someone for such a long time, sharing food, the same interests, living under the same roof, experiencing so many moments together, just to find out this person not only betrayed everyone the whole time, but also is responsible for the death of someone very important and beloved person in your life, is unimaginable. But in the current situation the only thing they can do is to move forward.

Lol Yamato shall become the new shogun? I loved her reaction and my god her yellow eyes look beautiful. Not sure what will happen now, but it seems Luffy, Yamato as well as the Akazaya are on their way directly towards Kaido. I'm excited for the next episode.
Natsu88Oct 2, 2021 9:25 PM

Oct 2, 2021 9:28 PM

Jul 2007
BonkyTrollDoll said:
link9us said:

It wasn't really horror, it was a very tense moment in the room, Kaido literally cut off Orochi's Head and he also announced along with big mom that they are going after the One piece.

Either way it was a big development in the story to. Its the first time you have heard that these emperors want to pursue the legendary treasure and the ancient weapons as one of their main goals. So the studio deffinitly felt the need to emphasize the importance of the scene and there is nothing wrong with that.

link9us, I absolutely see your point. In a way, your right. I'm kind of overstating the whole thing. But what I was referring to was the decapitation of Orochi, not the announcement of the "Alliance". Everyone got the "Red Horror" look when he chopped off Orochi's head. I think it was too much putting a "horror" filter over the heroes. Orochi's loyal vassals, yeah, maybe. But I think we're too far into this whole story for our heroes to be RED SHADED SHOCKED by Kaido's betrayal. I think a "wide-eyed black and white pupil" shock could have done it better. The whole Dario Argento "RED HORROR" could have been saved for the Alliance announcement.

I actually was in the process of re-editing my comment so look at my updated comment. But yes I see what your saying but it is kind of a very small nitpick.

Oct 2, 2021 9:33 PM

Aug 2019
God the Kanjuro scenes dragged on for a long time. The animation was decent I guess, as was the sentiment behind the fight, although it wasn't as good as the Kaido and Orochi stuff. Speaking of which, that part of the episode dragged on for too long as well, and Orochi was stupid for talking down to a Yonko.
Oct 2, 2021 9:51 PM

Apr 2015
link9us said:
BonkyTrollDoll said:

I actually was in the process of re-editing my comment so look at my updated comment. But yes I see what your saying but it is kind of a very small nitpick.

LOL, yes. Agree. XD
Oct 2, 2021 9:56 PM

Apr 2019
So surprised so much happened this episode. Great episode!!!

Oct 2, 2021 10:06 PM

Sep 2015

Thank you so much Oda for giving out so much potential for this new character!!

Holy cow, it was worth binging 17-18 episodes up until now, it took me maybe about 3 months from episode 750ish up until now

Nami is concerned for Zeus! I guess friendship/companionship really do exist between these two!

AT LONG LAST! Orochi finally shuts up! I just knew since I first saw him, he would get beheaded
However though... this would cause some serious traumatize to Momonosuke....

But wow the way how Luffy pulled Yamato's clothing towards him, is Yamato going to provide fanservice in another unique way like Nami? O_O

Man I knew Kanjuro would deceive Kiku, Ashura foresaw all of this !! GET A GRIP ALREADY KIKU!!

THAT LAST SCENE WITH YAMATO THOUGH! Angered by the idea of having her father forcing her to be the shogun!
I love her!~ Yamato does not want it, because it's not her dream!

This is actually by far the best episode ever out of the past 18ish episodes I had seen in one day!

I'm actually really loving Yamato's personality and voice, this character is just TOO GOOD!! THANK YOU ODA SENPAI!!! Thank you so much for Yamato!
I will dedicate myself buying tons of One Piece merchandise from Japan!!!

AhriTheS3xyFoxOct 2, 2021 10:51 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 2, 2021 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
I love how Luffy reacted way more toward Momo's situation than Kaido's and Linlin's bombastic declaration of them pursuing the One Piece. It really highlights his growth as a character. 😁

This episode was beautifully expressed in the most theatrical sense. Kikunojo vs. Kanjuro and the Akazaya theme in overall was very captivating. Normally I laugh whenever Kanjuro takes the L yet I cannot help but sympathize with Kiku given how hard it is to cut off cherished precious memories.

All above greatness aside we're really getting closer and closer to the big 1000. 😍
Oct 2, 2021 10:55 PM

Sep 2015
Sweet_Escape said:
God the Kanjuro scenes dragged on for a long time. The animation was decent I guess, as was the sentiment behind the fight, although it wasn't as good as the Kaido and Orochi stuff. Speaking of which, that part of the episode dragged on for too long as well, and Orochi was stupid for talking down to a Yonko.

I thought I was the only one impatient xD, It took a long while for Kiku to grasp the situation, Ashura was way ahead of the game.

And well Orochi didn't know any better, since Wano Kuni has been isolated from the rest of the world, so Orochi had zero clue as to knowing what Kaido's status is nor does he know the weight of gravity he stood on behind his words. Pirates do not obey nor are runned by rules!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 2, 2021 11:27 PM
Nov 2019
I'm really loving the addition of Yamato. Kaido seems to be forcing her into a role she clearly doesn't want. I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship plays out on screen. It's terrifying to see 2 emperors coming together to pursue One Piece. There's alot of characters n storylines going on, this is gonna be a fun one!
Oct 2, 2021 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
Toei did great work
Oct 3, 2021 1:15 AM

Apr 2018
A lot of information has been revealed in this episode but the "We're going to claim the One Piece" gave me goosebumps. It's finally getting near the end and a grand war will break out sooner or later. Kaido backstabbed Orochi and will turn Wano into a Pirate Empire. On the other side, Kanjuro vs Kiku.. That was a pretty good fight despite that they stretched it out a little bit. The flashbacks and OST were emotional and when the Akazaya gathered together. Both of those moments were incredibly impactful. Shit is about to go down. Luffy grabbing Yamato's outfit was some next level fanservice. He about to infiltrate the meeting and whoop their asses.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 3, 2021 1:36 AM

Jul 2015
Too bad neither Momonosuke or the retainers could exact their revenge on Orochi, but still at least that bastard is dead now. Also props to Kiku for managing to kill the traitor yet old friend Kanjuro there, quite the emotional moment

Oct 3, 2021 2:41 AM
Oct 2018
Crazy episode, 2 major deaths. Wtffff. Orochi died just like that?? I would have preferred a slow death for him but at least he is dead now. Definitely one of the most satisfying scenes so far. Also, I don't give a damn about kanjuro but felt sad of kiku. Some really artistic scenes in latter half of ep. I wish to see luffy and Yamato fighting together against kaido and big mom.
Oct 3, 2021 3:35 AM

Jul 2016
G_Spark233 said:

Kanjuro dying.

Orochi getting betrayed.

Yamato as Shogun.

This episode had so much...
Oct 3, 2021 3:39 AM

Sep 2014
Nice to see Luffy's providing the Yamato fanservice.
Oct 3, 2021 3:40 AM

Nov 2015
the episode was good but man these akazaya are so pathetic except maybe for denjiro ,and despite kanjuro's betrayal , his character was way more interesting then them .

Oct 3, 2021 4:09 AM
Jul 2021
FMmatron said:
FreshIngredient said:

depends cause I am a manga reader and they might pick up pace or slow it down depending on what should be their on the legendary 1000th episode
Oct 3, 2021 4:19 AM

Nov 2016
Pokemonvotes said:
FMmatron said:

depends cause I am a manga reader and they might pick up pace or slow it down depending on what should be their on the legendary 1000th episode

We'll see. Episode 990 also had some sakuga in the preview( I think the same animators will return for 995) and it was still a rather underwhelming episode.

Oct 3, 2021 6:07 AM
Mar 2020
Orochi's death visuals were amazing! Animation was overall fantastic! 5/5 Loved this episode. Next week's preview looks fire, can't wait I hope it will continue looking like this.
Oct 3, 2021 7:18 AM

Aug 2021
omfg they're gonna go for one piece!!!!
I was really happy for death of orochi

Yamato looked so cool while she was angry
The visuals of the fight tho ♡(*>ω<)ω<*♡
Oct 3, 2021 7:50 AM
Mar 2021
What did he just say?!?

Now we know what the future holds if the rebels and Straw Hats fail. I’m sure this pretty much guarantees that they’ll eventually win this fight in some way, shape or form. The only matter now is to watch and see how that happens.

Orochi being beheaded was a surprise. I kind of suspect that he’ll be back though. Maybe due to his dragon fruit ability.

I’m glad to see the painter guy get served. It really had her going through some tough feelings, but hopefully they can just focus on what’s ahead now. Although I’m not 100% convinced that he’s dead. I don’t trust deaths anymore at this point lol.

I’m really looking forward to the big fights coming up. I just fully caught up on One Piece a few months ago, so this is my first arc that I have to watch weekly with no spoilers on what happens next. Let’s do it!
Oct 3, 2021 7:59 AM

May 2016
Great episode 5/5
Luffy needs to learn some manners...
Oct 3, 2021 12:14 PM
Nov 2020
Well then... A LOT happened in this episode. Also the Kiku vs Kanjuro moment... wow that was so beautifully done.
Oct 3, 2021 12:36 PM
Jan 2021
EVEN MORE BADASSERY! THIS EPISODE FOCUSED PRIMARILY ON THE FIGHT BETWEEN KIKUNOJO AND KANJURO, BUT FIRST LET'S GO OVER A LITTLE OF WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE. Kaido and Big Mom announced their alliance and that they are going to gather the Ancient Weapons, that being Pluton (the one that Franky held the plans for a burned at Enies Lobby), Poseidon and Uranus and create chaos.

Their objective is to obtain the One Piece, which obviously isn't going to happen because Luffy exists. Speaking of Luffy, when he saw that Momonosuke was in danger he immediately went running and told Yamato to show him the way.

Now we get to Kiku vs Kanjuro. This wasn't just any fight. This fight not only had Kiku physically battle Kanjuro, but showcased the different aspects of Kanjuro's life such as the stage in which he likes to perfrom and when he was with Oden and acting like one of the Akazaya. This showcased that his life has always been dedicated to the Kurozumi clan. Kiku had to battle within himself to understand that the Kanjuro she knew was a fraud, and that his life was a symbolic representation of the performance stage. The symbolism and the seemlessly transition between the battle and looking at Kanjuro was pure excellence and BADASSERY. JUST BADASSERY OH MY GOD. Once Kikunojo finished off Kanjuro, Kin'emon and Denjiro came up and all of them took a moment to cry and honor the old Kanjuro before heading off into the major battle against Kaido.

Kaido BTW decapitated Orochi and has decided to reform the Land of Wano. He wants to call it New Onigashima, make the people of the Flower Captial produce weapons, and make Yamato the Shogun. Yamato obviously go mad at hearing this and decided to make a shortcut with Luffy by smashing through the walls like some badasses.

I'm excited to see Luffy in the action more!
Oct 3, 2021 12:54 PM

Dec 2012
This episode is so dark. I like it

Oct 3, 2021 12:57 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
A slight change of the overall tone, alot darker than im used to. Was nice.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 3, 2021 5:05 PM

Mar 2016
One of the darkest chapters of One Piece adapted excellently!

This ep darkness and brutality is really conveyed well, even with all those clever censorings, it's all still done wonderfully. First ofc, is the grand announcement of the new Onigashima project, it's the Beast Pirates' plan to prepare for the world war ahead. Something this big meant that the bickering of the Kurozumi and Kozuki is nothing but petty squabbles for Kaido, therefore, what else to be done but to behead this annoying piece of shit. By that, I meant the fussy dumbass Orochi, lmao BEGONE!!! Poor Momo, he saw that happening near him.

Not gonna lie the Kanjuro vs Kiku fight was a bit underwhelming, but it's not a fight, to begin with, Kanjuro is playing on a grand stage and Kiku is just trying to pluck out this different Kanjuro out of the heart and the world. The ending of the fight, however, still has all the emotional value with Kin'emon congratulating his comrades.

Besides all that serious things...
FMmatron said:

Sheesh Luffy

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEESHHH

Luffy being alpha as fuck and grabbing Yamato by her strap followed by her agreeing to Luffy afterwards. Lmao, that's fucking hilarious! More than that, it's also wonderful, I can't say it enough, seeing Yamato being animated is amazing!!! Thank you Toei for animating this 'bit' XD Not even sure if it's sourced form the manga.
ShadowkillZOct 3, 2021 5:08 PM
Oct 3, 2021 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
kiku was so cool, love her character so much <33
Oct 3, 2021 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode. More of goodbye atmosphere.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 86 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Sep 22, 2009

93 by Bird »»
11 minutes ago

» one of the most boring arcs - egghead

amande07 - 52 minutes ago

2 by Ridzaxster »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

43 by -hzl »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.