Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 25, 2021 1:04 PM
Apr 2021
Why nobody knows this series? This is really good psychological horror anime. Please watch this
uygar455Mar 9, 2022 6:03 AM
Sep 25, 2021 1:25 PM
May 2021
True, the gore and violence is just beautiful and good to see too ❤️😈. Äääm the mystery aspect is also cool 👀
Sep 25, 2021 1:29 PM
Aug 2020
Jajaja this is not underrated, I will say it's in medium.
Sep 25, 2021 2:17 PM

Jan 2021
This used to be super popular when it came out, but you know what ppl watch these days, isekai..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 25, 2021 3:14 PM
Sep 2020
I wouldnt say its underreated at all. The public see the original Higurashi as a classic.
Sep 25, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 2015
The anime fandom took a free fall into pure degeneracy somewhere in the 2010s. Trashy fanservice anime used to be super niche and looked down on. Now it's the main meat of the plate every season and a requirement for popularity since the fanbase appears to be 70% incel now. I don't seem myself watching much anime anymore if this continues.
Sep 25, 2021 4:06 PM
Jun 2017
The Higurashi franchise is crazy popular in Japan
Sep 25, 2021 6:27 PM
Jun 2021
uygar455 said:
Why nobody knows this series? This is really good psychological horror anime. Please watch this :(
I dont think you know what underrated means. First off, this series is still talked about with horror anime since it's one of the few good ones. Second, the series is still going today, so that's boosts it's popularity. This series is super popular in Japan, it still gets manga adaptations. Also I think it's fairly rated not overrated or underrated since that's what underrated means
Sep 26, 2021 1:48 AM
Apr 2021
titodacat said:
uygar455 said:
Why nobody knows this series? This is really good psychological horror anime. Please watch this :(
I dont think you know what underrated means. First off, this series is still talked about with horror anime since it's one of the few good ones. Second, the series is still going today, so that's boosts it's popularity. This series is super popular in Japan, it still gets manga adaptations. Also I think it's fairly rated not overrated or underrated since that's what underrated means
in my country its not that popular sadly
Sep 26, 2021 2:59 AM
Mar 2019
Aside from the horrible looking animation most of the timre(except the creepy and gorefest scenes for some reason),it excels in almost literally everything else.
Sep 26, 2021 3:05 AM
May 2015
It's actually one of the most popular anime. It doesn't get referenced in many Youtube videos, but it was a very influential anime that you can see how it impacted anime, especially in the mystery and horror genre.
Sep 27, 2021 12:31 PM
Jul 2020
I for one will surely sing praises of this anime untill I die.
Many of my anime watching friends sadly don't know about this masterpiece 😭.
Time to educate people about such good anime.
Sep 27, 2021 2:35 PM
Sep 2021
DoctorKebab said:
This used to be super popular when it came out, but you know what ppl watch these days, isekai..
Facts, definitely still has a good following but a lot of new watchers don't look at "older" shows like these.
Sep 28, 2021 1:00 AM
Apr 2021
I completely agree with you.
I think this anime is criminally underrated.
Sep 28, 2021 1:01 AM

Oct 2018
It's 178 in popularity and amongst some of the most loved anime. It's well-received enough to get 2 sequels. How is it underrated?

Sep 28, 2021 1:09 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah, everything in this world is underrated. But people should watch more anime instead of making under rated threads.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 29, 2021 8:01 PM
Feb 2021
I feel like it was super popular when it came out, which was like 2007 or 2008, and it had to compete with shows like Death Note and Clannad. But now, it's just a super underrated anime because typically only the older generation of fans watched it, and they just used scenes like the finger nail ripping over and over again, so people just stopped talking about it.
Oct 10, 2021 12:37 PM
Jan 2021
As far as I know, Higurashi is hugely popular in Japan, but when it comes to the west, unfortunately, we live in a generation where the majority of people are too sensitive to watch how gore and horror the anime is. If they see adorable characters like Rika and Satoko getting killed, they will be traumatized for the rest of the night, and perhaps rant about it on social media.

As much as I agree with you that Higurashi deserves more credits in the west, sometimes, it's better to stay underrated than to get a lot of attention due to a lot of complaints. Just look at other gore animes like AoT, Devilman, and Berserk. Even though they are much darker than Higurashi, but I've seen a lot of people crying and went depressed about it.
Oct 12, 2021 5:19 PM

Jan 2020
> Among top 200 in popularity.
> Scores 7.9 in MAL and 7.8 on IMDB.

Don't think so. Maybe the term could be forgotten, but not underrated.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Oct 18, 2021 7:11 AM

Feb 2021
It just kinda lost its popularity I guess. It was THE talking point back in the day and with the release of the 'remakes' it got some traction.

It's the most well-known horror anime though.

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Oct 25, 2021 5:17 PM
Dec 2017
Its pretty well known so i wouldn't call it that.

Nov 17, 2021 5:01 AM

Jan 2021
The show is fine were it’s at. I think some of y’all fail to understand what a hidden gem is. This series is very well known.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Dec 6, 2021 7:22 PM
Dec 2017
Um alot of people heard about this series actually.

Feb 17, 2022 1:31 PM

Dec 2021
MoonStar9 said:
The anime fandom took a free fall into pure degeneracy somewhere in the 2010s. Trashy fanservice anime used to be super niche and looked down on. Now it's the main meat of the plate every season and a requirement for popularity

"Trashy fanservice anime used to be super niche and looked down on. Now it's the main meat of the plate every season and a requirement for popularity"

name names

Feb 19, 2022 8:39 PM

May 2015
This is one of the most famous, overrated anime I’ve heard of. Not to say it wasn’t good, but this is super popular lol. I actually had a HUUUUUGE issue with it. I was SO close to dropping the series, but people kept saying it was a masterpiece, but I forced myself. The problem with this series is that I was promised this cool psychological thriller, and then I get to the end of episode one and… the main character dies? Then I get to the next episode, they’re alive, but then they die again? Then it continues. So I’m just like… so this is an episodic series of various people going crazy and dying? That’s f*****g stupid. I hate this. This is getting boring. I want to watch an actual series with a plot.

Then Keiichi gets images of him killing Mion. “You remember.”

I lose my SHIT. HOLY F***. Shit’s going down. This isn’t another person going crazy episode, now we’re getting into crazyass timeline shenanigans? My score goes up from a 5 to an 8. Maybe it could’ve been more, or honestly, maybe I was too generous with that 8. Because the problem remained: the viewer has no way of knowing that this is all going to connect.

Instead, we’re just watching some episodic show of various people losing their minds and killing people. A lot of people hate episodic shows. But we can’t tell them “don’t worry it’s actually all canon” without spoiling the ending. Even a vague, “Don’t worry, it’ll all make sense,” can still not be enough for some people. The biggest issue with this story, imo, is also what makes it so amazing.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jun 7, 2022 4:02 PM

Feb 2016
Surana said:
Instead, we’re just watching some episodic show of various people losing their minds and killing people. A lot of people hate episodic shows.

I love episodic shows. Higurashi's episodes are simply trash.
その目だれの目?
Jun 9, 2022 9:59 AM
May 2021
yes really underrated. It really needs more popularity. It got fabulous thrilling, mystery and horror moments + the characters and plot is also great

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikhael04 - Jan 8, 2008

364 by Mirorin »»
May 25, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

211 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

206 by Mirorin »»
May 24, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 15, 2008

129 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

270 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.