Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 22, 2021 4:45 PM

Dec 2016
Really one of, if not the best episode this season. They endet it like they started it, with a bang and I can say with confidence that this right here is a masterpiece.
Sep 22, 2021 4:47 PM

Apr 2018
Ending it with Wedding + Chu Chu Yeah. You can't top that!
Sep 22, 2021 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Kobayashi at the festival together with Tohru and they had really cool moments and the place where they are is really beautiful, not to mention that this episode was amazing animation was also great 8/10.
Sep 22, 2021 5:03 PM

Mar 2019
Talk about an absolutely perfect season finale! Wow Kyoto Animation is the goat!
Sep 22, 2021 5:27 PM
Jun 2021
Awww, how can it be over again already. More, please.
Sep 22, 2021 6:29 PM
Sep 2017
They basically make the whole festival arc like a movie with those lighting effect ant shooting angle, remind me of how good KyoAni do with Koe no Katachi festival thing.
Sep 22, 2021 6:43 PM

Jan 2011
well that was a very peaceful and pretty final episode honestly only happy Kyonani is back after all they went through.

this season was a stepdown in some ways for trying to please too many crowds which lead to a lot of misses and hits

but at least added to some of the characters

7/10 maybe they will do a movie like usual this bait ending never leaves anyone happy if they care about the romance lol
Sep 22, 2021 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
such a beautiful final episode, i mean that in every way... this was really amazing, thank you so much kyo ani and cool-kyou shinja.
Sep 22, 2021 7:01 PM
Mar 2016
Legit tears when the original OP started playing at the end. What a great show.
Sep 22, 2021 7:04 PM

Sep 2021
Amazing final episode. The epilogue really sums up the series, a heartwarming moment and comedy blends really well. Thank you KyoAni and welcome back ❤
Sep 22, 2021 7:07 PM

Jun 2019
This season got considerably better as it progressed past episodes where Kobayashi becomes a guy, Saikawa constantly does the thing she does, and Shota isn’t being sexually assaulted. If you strip that stuff away (and cut back on the fanservice & big boob jokes) this becomes a good anime. But, unfortunately, that stuff was still in here, so I have to factor it into my rating.

Even though I still feel the production and direction of the first season was better, it was still pretty high quality for this season too. That’s a big reason my score is not below a 5 given all the “ew” aspects.

5/10. Closer to a 6 than a 4
Sep 22, 2021 7:17 PM

Feb 2020
A bit more chiller episode than what we've been having previously in this season. Going back to its roots, opening included, both which I prefer much more

Can't say I liked this as much as the 1st season, but hey it's nice to see the studio come back with a sequel despite director change. Not too fond of the fanservice this time, would say that and the more serious arcs outweighed what I originally liked this anime for.

Wouldn't be very optimistic for a 3rd season, but more is always welcome
Sep 22, 2021 7:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a great final episode, lead with an amazing summer festival bit with all the main characters of the show all sporting some nice Yukatas, besides Kobayashi lol, and then ended off with cherry blossom viewing and an awesome arm wrestling competition and a cute wedding ceremony, really loved that.

While I didn’t have to wait years for a season 2 like a lot of people here giving how I caught up half way through this season, I super enjoyed this season just as much if not more than the first season. I haven’t seen a lot of KyoAni shows but this was definitely hell of comeback for them, amazing job on this.

I loved the new additions to the cast like Ilulu and Take, Elma was super cute this season, lots of good Kanna and Saikawa adventures, Tohru and Kobayashi also had so many nice moments. Of course I can’t forget Fafnir and Takiya, they were gaming it up and Shouta and Lucoa were also hilarious, definitely an unforgettable cast and they were even better in this season. I’m 100% gonna miss seeing this wholesome show every Wednesday, I hope for a season 3!
Sep 22, 2021 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty nice finale, all things considered. First half featuring the summer festival was fantastic but honestly, I have no idea what the second one with the picnic was about. Too random and out of nowhere even for Dragon Maid's standards.

Overall, nearly as good as the first season. Ilulu was an excellent addition to the cast (that Ilulu x Take ship sure is strong) and the episodes where the lore was explored in more depth ended up being quite interesting as well.
On a personal note tho, it's such a shame the pedo vibes questionable fanservice moments were still there in some episodes but well. Guess I should be grateful it was a thing of only two or three episodes out of twelve.

7,5/10 -> 8/10 - Favorite OP of this Summer season, by the way.
Sep 22, 2021 8:28 PM

Mar 2021
That was... an odd mix. I liked the first half, the second half not so much, like an inverse of episode 10. Glad to have KyoAni back, don't really like this season still, it was really all over the place.
Sep 22, 2021 8:43 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Great ending, really really hope to this to get an s3 it truly deservers.
9/10.
Sep 22, 2021 9:02 PM
Oct 2019
That's ending was the most Kobayashi thing ever lul. Loved every single second of this anime. Hope Kyoani can keep this up
Sep 22, 2021 9:08 PM
Sep 2015
This last episode of the season is just a love letter from KyoAni to the world.
Sep 22, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2016
Great way to end it. Loved the show, they all did an admirable job recapturing the spirit of the season 1, but yeah it was still missing something, those guys just can't be replaced. I think that's a good way to end the series, they've pretty much done all they could with these characters.
Sep 22, 2021 9:50 PM

Aug 2018
Beautiful.
I loved the episode, the final episode was great.
That they put the opening of the 1st season at the end <3
It has been very good the 2nd season.
Sep 22, 2021 11:17 PM

Nov 2018
Chu Chu Yeah!!!!
Nice season
Sep 22, 2021 11:28 PM

Sep 2015
As always I am stunned by the animation, the moment I started watching this episode, and seeing Kobayashis thoughts about how Tohru has developed and lived alongside humans over time.

The love for Kobayashi that Tohru expressed out was lovely.

It was cute how Kobayashi squeezed Kanna down xD

Seems like Shouta cheering Tohru has made Lucoa lose her confidence xD

But wow that ending though xD

Kyoto Animation, I can't believe they managed to pull this off, unbelievable !

10/10

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 23, 2021 12:27 AM

Nov 2012
Great end! Damn, I had a vision where an old Kobayashi was holding hands with Tooru and chilling, it hurt, like the Adventure Time Marceline picture with the graves or Rushia with the 3rd gen graves

My Candies:

Sep 23, 2021 12:28 AM
Nov 2020
I feel like this season was even better than the first season!! That might be due to the fact that the first season was sort of like the introduction, although this season had a few backstories in it. I absolutely loved this season and I just finished watching the last episode. This season really made my heart feel so happy 💞
Sep 23, 2021 12:49 AM

Dec 2008
Fantastic episode, everything was very nicely directed and most characters had the time to shine. Too bad that Shouta broke Lucoas heart for a magical stone.

Kobayashi looked great in the mainly male outfit, but too bad she doesn't like wearing a yukata. She became a great character in the end.

Ilulu x Take ship is nice I think, at first I had doubts about a character with wonderful ... eh too big boobs, but Ilulu is a very friendly dragon with heart and personality.

I wanted to see more Lucoa, but ungrateful Shouta is a weird partner for her, she should try her luck elsewhere, like Ilulu she is also very kindhearted and I like her voice.

Kobayashi in wedding dress was really surprising to see, too bad Tohru didn't prepare it properly so of course Kobayashi reacted like that. But well that's a great happy end without bad aftertaste.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2021 1:09 AM

Nov 2020
Man, this was season was so good. From the beautiful art and animation, to the deepened characters, and especially in the last couple episodes I appreciated the emotions put into it. Honestly, I'd say I like this more than the first season which was already really good, although I can't pinpoint exactly why I like it more, I just do. Kobayashi running away from the wedding was a great finale for this!

Overall a definite 9/10. I hope KyoAni does another season!
Sep 23, 2021 1:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The most visually-pleasing anime so far of 2021 don't @ me. Kyoto animation can do no wrong, and even in this different animation style than what they're typically known for, it's still amazing. Dang this visual feast was just full of eye candy. Almost no frame feels half-assed, like even in the background they weren't cutting corners. Even if there were no sound (which also, sound effects had like fire-force level eargasms sometimes), it would be a pleasure just to LOOK at this.

As a whole, I'm going to say this season is better than the first, and I can quite comfortably say that. Not better by THAT much, but I can easily say it's better, which might be hard for some people to say since S1 was already rather exceptional. Again the visuals are a step up from what was already really good, but also this time we got some actually kind of serious moments where it got almost, dare I say, even deep and emotional sometimes. Every episode is pretty much equally as good.

I say it's better than season 1 because I think season 1 kind of fell off after episode 5 and adopted more of a generic mediocre anime style. However, the first 5 episodes of season 1 which cover tohru and kanna integrating themselves into the human world? Absolute MASTApieces. If season 1 was just those five episodes, IMHO I would hold it well above S2. But it's not limited to those 5 MASTEPIECE episodes, so S2 > S1.

Based on my purely-based-on-personal-enjoyment scale, S1 got a 5/10, and I'm giving S2 a 6/10. Objectively speaking though, they're both EASILY in the 8 or 9/10 range. (in the tags I put beside each entry in my list, I start off with a number from 1 to 10, that's my objective rating, like what I think the anime actually deserves, apart from the main actual rating I give it which comes from simply my overall enjoyment. Not trying to be an ad but, come check it out!)

Thank you kyoto animation, for another good one.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 23, 2021 2:13 AM

Jul 2019
That was the peak moment of the first half for me.

Tohru was amazing in her antics and Kobayashi relaxed after a much needed talk when the clouds went away. Ilulu was also cute in the screentime she got.

Poor Takiya and his wrist, that's what happens when you underestimate the importance of the moment. That tournament was insane with the only comedian standout in Elma's belly. Superb animation and duels perspective.

Oh you, love-blinded Tohru, how dare you encroach on Kobayashi's innocence on such a perfect evening. What a great wedding run to end the series in style, I'll miss it badly.

All in all the second season unequivocally reached the bar of the first season, maybe even raised it in some drawing moments, action scenes and dramaturgy. Ilulu was a nice addition, albeit not all of her potential was revealed (scene with the return of the doll to her owner was the best). Elma and Tohru for best duo, a trip to the past from their memories also impressed me during the broadcast.
Sep 23, 2021 2:27 AM
Nov 2019
Did anyone else pickup on Shouta's foreboding????

He looked into the mana crystal and started to make a comment about what would happen if Tohru & Kobayashi actually got married.

Solid 8/10. Some dodgy fanservice on the younger modeled dragons, but not as bad as the source material. Some fantastic animation for a fantasy SOL that put other programs this season to shame....
Sep 23, 2021 2:29 AM
May 2021
Kinda sad they didn't play the intro one last time :(
Sep 23, 2021 2:32 AM

Nov 2020
it was a nice final episode. that sakura blossom viewing was beautiful and lovely

Sep 23, 2021 3:47 AM

Oct 2016
The character development for everyone throughout the season has been fantastic and getting to explore how the dragons lived in their world was really nice. They really had to flex their animation at the end there lmao. I hope we get a season 3 at some point in the future, though I'll be starting the manga anyway, KyoAni can take their time as always. Overall really great season. 9/10
Sep 23, 2021 4:41 AM
Oct 2019
Takiya on the train with the Anime Drip, weebs respresentation lol

What a beautiful way to end the Season 2.

Kyoto Animation are the studio that really care about Quality over Quantity.

Tohru vs Elma fight better get nominated on Crunchyroll Awards Next Year or we riot.

Thank You all the Staff for the Amazing Work!!!

8/10
Sep 23, 2021 5:05 AM
Oct 2020
penrhos said:
Did anyone else pickup on Shouta's foreboding????

He looked into the mana crystal and started to make a comment about what would happen if Tohru & Kobayashi actually got married.

Solid 8/10. Some dodgy fanservice on the younger modeled dragons, but not as bad as the source material. Some fantastic animation for a fantasy SOL that put other programs this season to shame....
the current manga arc made me wonder if he was talking about the marriage between Tooru and Kobayashi in a negative way.
Sep 23, 2021 5:08 AM
Oct 2020
SouthRzVa said:
Pretty nice finale, all things considered. First half featuring the summer festival was fantastic but honestly, I have no idea what the second one with the picnic was about. Too random and out of nowhere even for Dragon Maid's standards.

Overall, nearly as good as the first season. Ilulu was an excellent addition to the cast (that Ilulu x Take ship sure is strong) and the episodes where the lore was explored in more depth ended up being quite interesting as well.
On a personal note tho, it's such a shame the pedo vibes questionable fanservice moments were still there in some episodes but well. Guess I should be grateful it was a thing of only two or three episodes out of twelve.

is the picnic an outcome, any mystery in it? randomness is on your mind. s2>s1 and the surprise wedding was really funny.
Sep 23, 2021 5:10 AM
Oct 2020
a lot of people with silly arguments to give s2 a low score just don't want to admit that s2>s1 but both are great.
Sep 23, 2021 5:28 AM
Nov 2019
The lines between Ilulu and Take at the shooting gallery, about being able to act like a child then she offers to make him an adult.....

I ship them so hard + they're the only heterosexual dragon/human pairing.
Sep 23, 2021 5:42 AM

Feb 2014
Been a sweet ride. Gonna miss this dufus cast of dragons and humans.
#KyoAniBackStronger

otakuclub94 said:
It was a great last episode <3 I'm sad this anime has come to an end, I hope they will make another season :( Do you think they will make a third season? I will miss the entire cast, especially Kanna D:

Awww Kanna
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 23, 2021 7:00 AM
Oct 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
The most visually-pleasing anime so far of 2021 don't @ me. Kyoto animation can do no wrong, and even in this different animation style than what they're typically known for, it's still amazing. Dang this visual feast was just full of eye candy. Almost no frame feels half-assed, like even in the background they weren't cutting corners. Even if there were no sound (which also, sound effects had like fire-force level eargasms sometimes), it would be a pleasure just to LOOK at this.

As a whole, I'm going to say this season is better than the first, and I can quite comfortably say that. Not better by THAT much, but I can easily say it's better, which might be hard for some people to say since S1 was already rather exceptional. Again the visuals are a step up from what was already really good, but also this time we got some actually kind of serious moments where it got almost, dare I say, even deep and emotional sometimes. Every episode is pretty much equally as good.

I say it's better than season 1 because I think season 1 kind of fell off after episode 5 and adopted more of a generic mediocre anime style. However, the first 5 episodes of season 1 which cover tohru and kanna integrating themselves into the human world? Absolute MASTApieces. If season 1 was just those five episodes, IMHO I would hold it well above S2. But it's not limited to those 5 MASTEPIECE episodes, so S2 > S1.

Based on my purely-based-on-personal-enjoyment scale, S1 got a 5/10, and I'm giving S2 a 6/10. Objectively speaking though, they're both EASILY in the 8 or 9/10 range. (in the tags I put beside each entry in my list, I start off with a number from 1 to 10, that's my objective rating, like what I think the anime actually deserves, apart from the main actual rating I give it which comes from simply my overall enjoyment. Not trying to be an ad but, come check it out!)

I don't understand this hate for s2. it's superior in many ways but s1 is still great and it wasn't just the first 5 episodes.
Sep 23, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
Thank you KyoAni, this was a great final episode! Also the animation was superb I could see how much feelings KyoAni poured on this one. I'll surely miss the gang but hopefully tho we'll get another season.
Sep 23, 2021 8:12 AM

May 2019
Felt this season was not much impactful compared to season 1, Anyways still a high quality production show.
Sep 23, 2021 10:45 AM

Jul 2016
GeanWolf2000 said:
SouthRzVa said:

is the picnic an outcome, any mystery in it? randomness is on your mind. s2>s1 and the surprise wedding was really funny.

Stfu, fanboy. I couldn't care less about your multiple posts with broken english always repeating the same thing. Stop being pathetic and grow up.
Sep 23, 2021 10:53 AM
Oct 2020
SouthRzVa said:
GeanWolf2000 said:

Stfu, fanboy. I couldn't care less about your multiple posts with broken english always repeating the same thing. Stop being pathetic and grow up.
why the English complaint? after all, there are no only Englishmen or Americans in the world and no one is born fluent in a language other than yours, you donkey. you think you are the center of the universe, no you are not.
Sep 23, 2021 4:06 PM
May 2021
God damn it. I want a third season so badly now…. The highs of this season were SO high that they made up for the few places where it slipped. Just a perfect slice of life show with some, uh…. josei-ai elements??? Idk what to even call it. I ship Tohru x Kobayashi forever.
KarintaSep 23, 2021 4:09 PM
Sep 23, 2021 4:27 PM

Sep 2014
Wow this was a really good finale. It was such a nice send off Im not even sad its over. Also, a wedding?? This is what happens when you give Tohru even a little affection.

Considering how strong the animation was Im tempted to give this a 9/10. Usually I have a hard limit of 8 for these SoL shows but KyoAni really managed to surprise me.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 23, 2021 5:30 PM

Apr 2020
man, I don't want the season to end... this was an amazing season and an amazing end to the season. they ended it perfectly.

Sep 23, 2021 6:25 PM

Jan 2019
Finally a confession you can hear over the fireworks and tohru looks really nice in black
Sep 23, 2021 8:25 PM

Dec 2020
It was a very good anime in my opinion, I had a lot of fun and relaxed watching it. I was very amused by that phase when Kobayashi showed Takiya the pictures taken at the festival that they were all blurred. =)) I have a nice picnic, but what to see a correct skanderbeg related :)) how crazy they are. It seems that Lucoa wins the skanderbeg game against Tooru. :)) yes lost distracted by Shouta-kun :)) the end is still the wedding of Kobayashi and Tooru :))) too funny anime I really wish next season.
Sep 23, 2021 9:12 PM
May 2021
That last laugh so charming, nice closing scene for this season
Sep 23, 2021 9:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

I don't understand this hate for s2. it's superior in many ways but s1 is still great and it wasn't just the first 5 episodes.

Perhaps you meant to say: "I don't understand this hate for season *ONE*", because I just finished saying that I like season 2 more than one.

Anyway, maybe it wasn't clear, but by no means do I hate either of these seasons. They were crafted together by kyoto animation rather immaculately. But I do give the slight edge to season TWO for being just a tad bit more consistent in overall general quality, I guess.

Apparently you really love season one, let me reiterate, yes season one is pretty damn good, all 13 episodes. I just think the first 5 far outshine the rest in my humble opinion, that's what I meant. Season one is all good, but I think the beginning is much better. Season 2 on the other hand I found to just be as equally as good throughout, though again really reaching those levels of the first 5 episodes of S1 which I thought were a-MAZ-ing.

I really like dragon maid as well bro, don't worry

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2021

106 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Feb 29, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.