Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2021 11:53 AM
Sep 2021
It all started with the Two meeting each other. I Knew Taiga was Going to continuously Abuse him at first, I mean they barely knew each other (And since she's a tsundere and it's supposedly "playful" banter, etc) . As the show progressed their feelings for each other progressed also. It was so Adorable, But she would still occasionally hit him which I found funny "SOMEWHAT" at first (and by first, I mean only the first few episodes). I thought, she's a tsundere shes bound too.
... I had so many mixed confusions. It's not that the show was bad, Very far from it, I still Laugh my head off at some of the jokes and the atmosphere is Amazing, But I was just So sad that taiga Continued to abuse Ryuji even at the end, that too when he Had taigas friend and a WHOLE Model Like him. Did anyone else not like that either. I Understand I'm saying A Very Controversial Thing Since Lots Love Taiga And I'm not saying Taiga Is bad At all, The Charecters were Awesome. I just didn't appreciate that last cutscene, I guess this is more of a Way for me to get over the end, but what did you guys, to those who didn't like the ending, think about the end and what didn't you like about it? (Also I'm not trying to Be toxic or have toxic conversations here, the show was good but the ending wasn't for me Imo)
weebisme1Sep 21, 2021 4:15 AM
Sep 20, 2021 12:07 PM
Apr 2020
She’s a tsundere that’s just her personality lmao not much more to that she’ll probably continue to be rough with him for the rest of there life
Sep 20, 2021 12:09 PM

Jan 2021
she screams 2000s tsundere lmao. you get used to it.
Sep 20, 2021 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
That's the reason why I couldn't deal with her more than a few episodes.
Sep 20, 2021 12:13 PM
Feb 2021
weebisme1 said:
It all started with the Two meeting each other. I Knew Taiga was Going to continuously Abuse him at first, I mean they barely knew each other (And since she's a tsindere and it's playful banter, etc) . As the show progressed their feelings for each other progressed also. It was so Adorable, But she would still occasionally hit him which I found funny somewhat at firsf. I thought, she's a tsundere shes bound too.
... I had so many mixed confusions. It's not that the show was bad, Very far from it, I still Laugh my head off at some of the jokes and the atmosphere is Amazing, But I was just So sad that taiga Continued to abuse Ryuji even at the end, that too when he Had taigas friend and a WHOLE Model Like him. Did anyone else not like that either. I Understand I'm saying A Very Controversial Thing Since Lots Love Taiga And I'm not saying Taiga Is bad At all, The Charecters were Awesome. I just didn't appreciate that last cutscene, I guess this is more of a Way for me to get over the end, but what did you guys, to those who didn't like the ending, think and why didn't you like it? (Also I'm not trying to Be toxic or have toxic conversations here, the show was good but the ending wasn't for me Imo)
i think for me when ryuji meets her after long time he directly says "I love you " rather than anything so she kinda snapped like "we are meeting after a long time & the first thing you says is "i love you" (think like as an teenager for yourself then i think you can relate a bit)
That's my justification , evenyone has their own point of view
And yeah she is a tsundere
Sep 20, 2021 12:18 PM
Sep 2021
Anos-Hakaishin said:
weebisme1 said:
It all started with the Two meeting each other. I Knew Taiga was Going to continuously Abuse him at first, I mean they barely knew each other (And since she's a tsindere and it's playful banter, etc) . As the show progressed their feelings for each other progressed also. It was so Adorable, But she would still occasionally hit him which I found funny somewhat at firsf. I thought, she's a tsundere shes bound too.
... I had so many mixed confusions. It's not that the show was bad, Very far from it, I still Laugh my head off at some of the jokes and the atmosphere is Amazing, But I was just So sad that taiga Continued to abuse Ryuji even at the end, that too when he Had taigas friend and a WHOLE Model Like him. Did anyone else not like that either. I Understand I'm saying A Very Controversial Thing Since Lots Love Taiga And I'm not saying Taiga Is bad At all, The Charecters were Awesome. I just didn't appreciate that last cutscene, I guess this is more of a Way for me to get over the end, but what did you guys, to those who didn't like the ending, think and why didn't you like it? (Also I'm not trying to Be toxic or have toxic conversations here, the show was good but the ending wasn't for me Imo)
i think for me when ryuji meets her after long time he directly says "I love you " rather than anything so she kinda snapped like "we are meeting after a long time & the first thing you says is "i love you" (think like as an teenager for yourself then i think you can relate a bit)
b-but I am a teenager. _.
Sep 20, 2021 12:25 PM
Feb 2021
weebisme1 said:
Anos-Hakaishin said:
b-but I am a teenager. _.
ohh ....
There's nothing more to it
She is just like it
it's in her nature
She always hit ryuji even in their first meeting
So i really didn't mind her that much
Sep 20, 2021 1:12 PM
Jun 2021
Didn’t read any of it just saw why tiger hits ryuuji which I hate and it’s so ducking annoying even after he makes her food and takes care of her she still does it that why I dislike tiger and the show so much
Sep 20, 2021 1:25 PM

Apr 2021
Haydorwaldor said:
She’s a tsundere that’s just her personality lmao not much more to that she’ll probably continue to be rough with him for the rest of there life

You lolicon. You trynna defend her
I love Monogatari Series
Sep 20, 2021 1:27 PM

Apr 2021
I couldn't progress past the first episode exactly because of this reason. I'm sick of this abusive humour shi
I love Monogatari Series
Sep 20, 2021 2:47 PM

Oct 2018
Obvious answer. Tsundere type of girl. Have you ever watch Love Hina? That kind of tsundere.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 20, 2021 3:28 PM
Apr 2020
aktiwkunn said:
Haydorwaldor said:

You lolicon. You trynna defend her
awww crap you got me ide let shinobu do it to me to
Sep 20, 2021 3:35 PM

Feb 2020
tfw no pettanko gf to abuse me
Sep 20, 2021 3:55 PM
May 2021
weebisme1 said:
I kinda wish that the end scene was more heartfelt rather than her hitting ryuji, I definitely agree
Sep 20, 2021 4:03 PM
Sep 2019
weebisme1 said:

That's a reason I don't like her as much as I want to
If that was a guy hitting a girl, oh my goddd that's abuse, if a girl hits a boy, haha that's sooo cute, she likes him so much oml-
Yeah I don't like that trope .-. (Not the tsundere trope, I actually like it)
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Sep 20, 2021 4:43 PM
Jul 2020
Is this your first anime with a tsundere? No hate tho just u gotta get used to tsunderes
Sep 20, 2021 7:04 PM
May 2021
Thats just her personality mate..sometimes its a nervous reaction.
Sep 21, 2021 3:20 AM

Mar 2021
Yea i almost dropped this show like 5 times just because of Taiga but i decided to finish it to see if it lives up to the hype(It was okay. Nothing spectacular). I never found her abuse funny or cute. It was just infuriating. She's the type of tsundere that i hate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2021 4:12 AM
Sep 2021
Ye_ll said:
Didn’t read any of it just saw why tiger hits ryuuji which I hate and it’s so ducking annoying even after he makes her food and takes care of her she still does it that why I dislike tiger and the show so much
Agreed, I was really disappointed Too
Sep 21, 2021 4:21 AM
Sep 2021
JesusIsYes said:
weebisme1 said:

If that was a guy hitting a girl, oh my goddd that's abuse, if a girl hits a boy, haha that's sooo cute, she likes him so much oml-
OK same though. I agree with ever single word you said, that too about Liking tsunderes. I Love some tsunderes, Like Anjo from anohana And even Ami From toradora, but I was never fan of the abuse. That's so true though
Sep 21, 2021 8:01 AM
Apr 2021
Because it is her way of telling him I love u
Sep 21, 2021 9:59 AM
Sep 2019
weebisme1 said:
JesusIsYes said:

OK same though. I agree with ever single word you said, that too about Liking tsunderes. I Love some tsunderes, Like Anjo from anohana And even Ami From toradora, but I was never fan of the abuse. That's so true though

:D
I love Anaru (nOt liKe thAt), she's my favourite character from Anohana:D (And Jintan ig)
Anyway, it's nice to see someone have the same opinions as me for once- a lot of people I've spoken to defend tsundere abuse to the end :/
Sep 21, 2021 10:07 AM
Sep 2021
JesusIsYes said:
weebisme1 said:

I love Anaru (nOt liKe thAt), she's my favourite character from Anohana:D (And Jintan ig)
Anyway, it's nice to see someone have the same opinions as me for once- a lot of people I've spoken to defend tsundere abuse to the end :/
I Know Right, Same and oOoOh😏 (I'm kidding), That's the exact same for Me, but at least we got the same Opinions Lol
Sep 21, 2021 10:40 AM
Sep 2019
weebisme1 said:
JesusIsYes said:

I Know Right, Same and oOoOh😏 (I'm kidding), That's the exact same for Me, but at least we got the same Opinions Lol

NooOoO-
And yeah lol
Sep 21, 2021 11:15 AM

May 2021
Yep, the tsundere-ness in her is too strong, it really brings the whole show down.
MuZe-Sep 21, 2021 4:13 PM
Sep 21, 2021 12:56 PM
Sep 2021
brothaGUNS said:
Is this your first anime with a tsundere? No hate tho just u gotta get used to tsunderes

No, I've seen a Few, the thing is I thought this Anime was going to be a Wholesome romance, And her Hitting and headbutting him at the end didn't give it much depth. It just made it seem like all the depth in their relationship was lost and The headbutt scene Litterally was played for laughs, when they Litterally could've ended it on a more, I don't know, Better note I guess? I don't know to each their own I guess
Sep 21, 2021 12:57 PM

Jul 2019
Because the average Japanese anime fan is a M.
English is not my main language
Sep 21, 2021 1:10 PM

Feb 2010
Because she has a history of neglect from her parents and has trust issues from her own family's dismantlement from divorce and abandoned to living in an apartment by herself. The anime is focused on child abandonment. Ryuji has a similar situation to Taiga, but still has a loving parent. Whereas Taiga's parents both care more about their own careers than their child.

She's never harsh or brash with the person she is first in love with but acts shy around him instead. However, with Ryuji, the reason that she's so harsh. You have to remember she doesn't even like Ryuji at all until much later in the series. She sees Ryuji at the start as a threat to the shell she created for herself because he has that love letter and knows Taiga's other side behind the wall she puts up around her out of fear of getting close to people.

what I like about Toradora is how all the characters are masks of their true nature.
Taiga is outwardly hostile but cares for others, pushing them away out of fear of rejection or ending up in her family's situation.
Chidori acts sweet and well-meaning but is cynically and selfish under the surface.
even Minori is a mask of her true self where she acts like a airhead, but is actually extremely perceptive and some what hypocritical, which is why Chidori and her end up butting heads later.

GrimAtramentSep 21, 2021 1:21 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 21, 2021 3:28 PM
Feb 2017
At the end of the anime she hits him to hide her embarrassed face so its normal behaviour for tsundere couples
Sep 22, 2021 4:14 AM
Mar 2021
Because of tsundere.
Sep 27, 2021 8:11 AM
Dec 2020
because taiga is the worst and this is a bad show. anyone who watches this and is attracted to taiga is a pedo.
Sep 30, 2021 5:12 PM
Dec 2019
Judeleynes said:
because taiga is the worst and this is a bad show. anyone who watches this and is attracted to taiga is a pedo.

What the heck lol, if anything I'd say this about mushoku tensei, not a romance story between two teenagers. I thought the tsundere personality was for comedy or because she lived without parents. She's not even a loli, she's just small...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1110 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 11, 2009

423 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ironchefflip - Mar 8, 2009

193 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 2, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Jan 21, 2009

421 by doge_monke »»
Jun 1, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 4, 2009

299 by Luandfghj »»
Jun 1, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.