Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2021 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show just keeps on giving. Another episode of a surreal journey following these characters but Nagara and Nozomi has an important role thanks to their abilities.

Episode even had a montage song following the group I also kinda like how everyone seems to be more trusting now as they all depend each other.
Sep 16, 2021 9:56 AM

Jun 2019
The girl with that Monologue ability was pretty sweet IMO. But, having such ability can be both a blessing and a curse at the same time especially if there's no switch to turn it off. Like, I would feel uncomfortable if someone's asking me a favor and at the same time, he's just using me for his own good. I felt bad for that girl. Asakaze loves Nozomi, I didn't know about that. That's why he's jealous of Nagara.

But, because of that, we got to learn about how everyone feels and their true personality. As I expected, Asazake thinks he's a big shot, the busty teacher is a horrible woman and Nozomi is nice in all of them. That montage song was honestly pretty great. I enjoyed it. I love Nozomi, she might be my favorite character in this show and I would love to have a friend like her in my life.
Sep 16, 2021 10:01 AM

Feb 2021
So Asakaze has feelings for Nozomi, well as expeceted this was another great episode full of symbolism, this anime truly makes your brain work with every abstract representation of things they have, like war being a empty body stuck in time falling on a cliff forever, maybe a representation of how wars never end and are a timeless thing in our world that will always exist.
Well whatever theory you have on this anime, its still hard to comprehend what exactly they mean with each episode, truly a very unique anime and I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the end.
Sep 16, 2021 10:06 AM
Sep 2015
The concept is harder and harder to understand. Does this episode end War and introduce Death?
Sep 16, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2017
A character who can read people's minds, her "Monologue" superpower is one that's quite useful on Aki-sensei's faction, whom has an interest in Asakaze as well. But she'd be forever behind since he likes Nozomi. NGL, it's surrealism to hear the drifting worlds through this girl's perspective, which gives the show a new, fascinating outlook.

Tora, Gen and Sakura being the 3 cats that also reckon powers, but could also go haywire if used inappropriately, be it the Nyamazon crates or the copying.

The journey of Aki-sensei, Nozomi, Asazake and the girl with the insert song is no doubt interesting as well to transcend between worlds to find this "War" to end and bring world peace. Aki-sensei is becoming more terrifying of an antagonist player while the others sort out their love problems, which Asazake has an ego of and always falling short of Nozomi.

Honestly, the world's mechanics are getting more convoluted, which makes the show more interesting from an analyst perspective. What these students can or cannot do, it's up to them to figure this out.
Sep 16, 2021 10:41 AM
Jun 2021
phantomfandom said:
The concept is harder and harder to understand. Does this episode end War and introduce Death?

Yes That world is special when people die in it they turn into an item that represents their power war became a gun which has the ability to presumably kill people while nozmai turned into a compass which was her power
Sep 16, 2021 10:41 AM
Feb 2011
At the end of the episode, what was the meaning of them, both, throwing their phones in the gorge?
Sep 16, 2021 10:44 AM
May 2021
I know that this whole storyline is going to be completely confusing and mostly boring. At least for people who live normal life. But I keep loving this more and more. Maybe because I want to drift apart as well.

As far as this episode, I was scared that Nozomi might fall for Asakaze. Nope. I don't want that. I ship Nozomi and Nagara. I do feel bad for the Monologue Girl. Was relatable a lot. She's so sweet though. Why do innocent girls always fall for jerks like Asakaze. This is the first episode that brought out some of my feelings so far. The previous episodes were just kept me thinking. Now this show feels even better.
Sep 16, 2021 11:03 AM
Apr 2016
This was an interesting episode cuz it touches on the stagnation that they have to now live with. The whole go find war and kill him to introduce death idea.
What happened to Nozomi? What does the killing of the chickens signify? Like they specifically point out which chicken is whose and it shows blood beneath both, but only one seemingly regenerates? Is this meant to compound the idea of the lack of death in the world or highlight a prerequisite by having only one die?
Sep 16, 2021 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Ezail said:
phantomfandom said:

Yes That world is special when people die in it they turn into an item that represents their power war became a gun which has the ability to presumably kill people while nozmai turned into a compass which was her power
does that mean Nozomi is dead for real??
Sep 16, 2021 11:21 AM

Jan 2009
im lost about this episode isnt War about Death? and lots of Death so how come killing War will result in Death? or do the episode meant that War creates grudges and cycle of hate that do not result in real Death or ending? still does not make sense especially that they are living in a multiverse (Many Worlds Interpretation) where both Alive and Dead of a person happens all the time

and isnt last episode shows that Death can occur in This World anyway?

ye its obvious that Asakaze is in love with Nozomi

and did Nozomi really die for this time or will die in the end? since her original version did die already too anyway

Mind Reading is a cool ability to have but Thought-Action Fusion in psychology says "you are not your thoughts"

is this show now about Death like Suicide perhaps in the end? lets find out

does Death here means figuratively or literally?
Sep 16, 2021 11:58 AM

Jul 2011
I loved the episode, but the only bad thing about this episode is that we had the Monologue girl saying Aki-sensei is bad, but didn't shine a light deeply of why, just kept the manipulative part, that we already seen, and I wanted something to make the anti-big boob trust, that Nozomi began, get more strength.

I want the climbing montage song.

World Wound by L'oreal Paris . Because You're Worth It.

I hope Nozomi isnt dead.

Mizuho have the power to ressurect?
Sep 16, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2021
Only a couple or so episodes left now. I liked that song that was playing during their journey also. Wonder how this will end. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 16, 2021 12:01 PM
Jul 2021
_Alleria_ said:
This was an interesting episode cuz it touches on the stagnation that they have to now live with. The whole go find war and kill him to introduce death idea.
What happened to Nozomi? What does the killing of the chickens signify? Like they specifically point out which chicken is whose and it shows blood beneath both, but only one seemingly regenerates? Is this meant to compound the idea of the lack of death in the world or highlight a prerequisite by having only one die?

It means Mizuho's power is the ability to deny death. Her chicken doesn't die, but Nagara's does.

It also means that she's the one who caused the drift, because living things she brings into the drift can't die, and that's why nobody dies.

It's still somewhat unclear, but this probably means that the entire story so far has been caused by her, possibly as a reaction to witnessing someone's death (Nozomi's death maybe?)

We no longer know what Nagara's role was/is.
Sep 16, 2021 12:36 PM
Jul 2021
The song is 今日の歌 by Kaneyorimasaru
I chased fame, fortune and CANDY during MALoween 23

Main :

Bonus:
Sep 16, 2021 12:58 PM
Mar 2021
If Asakaze pretty much killed Nozumi will Nagara create revenge and kill Asakaze?
Sep 16, 2021 1:27 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty interesting episode, curious on how they'll wrap this up in 2 episodes. The monologue girl was interesting. And the whole concept of ''Death'' was done well.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 16, 2021 1:31 PM

Jun 2021
I've come to the conclusion that none of this is suppose to make sense
Sep 16, 2021 1:46 PM
Jul 2017
Man this show has so many layers to it I can’t even comprehend what’s going on anymore. So “War” died and became a gun and Nozomi a compass? This show went in a strange direction ever since the monkey episode lol. With two episodes left I wonder how it could possibly tie everything up. Im expecting a full on end of evangelion mind fuckery montage XD. Why doesn’t this show have the psychological or even Dementia tag anyway. Well I guess they changed dementia to “Avant Garde” now lol.
Sep 16, 2021 2:07 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What even is Aki's objective? I still can't tell if she's an antagonist or not.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 16, 2021 2:09 PM
Mar 2018
Man, they've nearly developed into a full blown society. At this rate next episode things will be just like the real world, except everyone's a teenager. I guess people will hold onto whatever sense of normalcy they can.

Really interesting episode. It felt much more grounded and straightforward than the others, in some ways. Like just as our characters have matured and grown into themselves, this show has grown to be able to express itself more clearly. The crazy metaphors are still there, to a degree, so it's not like it's become a different show, but there's also a core story that progresses more smoothly now. I felt the last few episodes have been converging in that direction. I like it.

But maybe that's the benefit of being able to see everyone's thoughts so clearly...

I found it strange that Nagara has become so wise. He was able to deduce Mizuho's power how exactly? But somehow it didn't feel wrong or forced. I guess it's because Nagara has always been subtly perceptive.

I feel bad for Nozomi, but it doesn't surprise me. It's been more or less implied that she was meant to die one way or another, like it's a rule bound to her own existence. I wonder what that'll do to Nagara.

Now that Death has entered the scene, things will definitely escalate very quickly. It's not like it wasn't there entirely, though - we've seen characters die one way or another. Like that cave's predator that ate Ratboy and War's disease in Yamabiko's world.

What ever happened to War btw? How did he end up like that, dead inside? We know so little about him and his motivations. I hope we learn more.
Sep 16, 2021 2:28 PM

Apr 2020
Monologue is a cheap but effective way to peer through our main character's thoughts, which was nice.

Nozomi said in this episode that she accepts her fate, even though she is dead, then turns into a compass. Very ironic, but it would mean that she is dead-dead. That's very sad, but I guess Mizuho can order another Nozomi now.

I think Asakaze couldn't save her because he was holding the gun. I think it will only allow people to kill rather than to save.

Nozomi writing letters to Nagara while she's away was a nice touch.

It's pretty much confirmed that Mizuho's cat copied the students, and whatever Mizuho orders is in stasis. Wonder what they'll do with that information.

The anime is now trying to answer some of our questions now and picks up the pace in the narrative side of things. Less dilly-dallying about symbolisms as the other characters "grew up" and graduated their "tertiary" education. Episode 11 might be something big. Very excited to see how this series will end.
Sep 16, 2021 2:32 PM
Aug 2018
Nobody talking about the chickens, huh?

Anyway, I'll just come out and say it. The last scene with the chickens means that Mizuha is the reason their all inmortal. Because the chicken that she asked for was still alive after having its neck cut.

Now... what are the implications of this? I have no fucking clue. I was gonna say that Nozomi wasn't dead... but the compass on the ground makes me doubt now.

God damn it, I was waiting for a Nozomi episode :(
Sep 16, 2021 2:39 PM
Apr 2021
yasm said:
Man, they've nearly developed into a full blown society. At this rate next episode things will be just like the real world, except everyone's a teenager. I guess people will hold onto whatever sense of normalcy they can.

Really interesting episode. It felt much more grounded and straightforward than the others, in some ways. Like just as our characters have matured and grown into themselves, this show has grown to be able to express itself more clearly. The crazy metaphors are still there, to a degree, so it's not like it's become a different show, but there's also a core story that progresses more smoothly now. I felt the last few episodes have been converging in that direction. I like it.

But maybe that's the benefit of being able to see everyone's thoughts so clearly...

I found it strange that Nagara has become so wise. He was able to deduce Mizuho's power how exactly? But somehow it didn't feel wrong or forced. I guess it's because Nagara has always been subtly perceptive.

I feel bad for Nozomi, but it doesn't surprise me. It's been more or less implied that she was meant to die one way or another, like it's a rule bound to her own existence. I wonder what that'll do to Nagara.

Now that Death has entered the scene, things will definitely escalate very quickly. It's not like it wasn't there entirely, though - we've seen characters die one way or another. Like that cave's predator that ate Ratboy and War's disease in Yamabiko's world.

What ever happened to War btw? How did he end up like that, dead inside? We know so little about him and his motivations. I hope we learn more.

Think Mizhuo's power will be able to revive Nozomi?
Sep 16, 2021 2:57 PM

Apr 2020
The copy chicken didn't die. They now have a way to kill people with the gun
Are they going to kill their originals and take their place 🤔
I don't know how signatures work

Sep 16, 2021 3:11 PM
Mar 2018
JayCix said:

I sure hope so! But we haven't seen evidence of that. I think ToraiS said it best - all we can say so far is that whatever she orders is put in stasis. It's unclear if she can apply her power to stuff she doesn't order, but I suspect if she could (even unconsciously) she would've done that for the other rabbit that Nagara ordered.

Also I suspect her power is not to reverse death, it's to prevent it. Since Nozomi died despite Mizuho's influence, I don't expect Mizuho can bring her back.

R0rack said:

Reelens did a few posts back. But your analysis is also correct. I think the possible implications are:
1. If Asakaze kills Mizuho, that will make everyone mortal again.
2. Mizuho might be the only defense against the gun that War left behind.
3. Perhaps if Mizuho's powers are negated, they can all at least move forward (start ageing).
4. If Mizuho dies and leaves a handover behind, maybe that could revive Nozomi?
5. It's possible Nagara could try again to edit everyone back to their lives, if he figures out a way to stop the cats and Mizuho's interference.

I think 5 is least likely, but the way Nagara was happy about the discovery makes me think he thought of a way to exploit Mizuho's power towards his objective (returning everyone home). I doubt things will go smoothly though, especially once he confronts Asakaze about Nozomi.
Sep 16, 2021 4:08 PM

Feb 2019
Once again, the show casually drops things like "Oh, the cult teacher has been training us, and we've rendevoused with other people and are read to embark to battle," and "War threatens God, so we need you to become Death Incarnate," but those are not the focus of the episode at all. Instead, this week we switch gears again to a completely random girl who's apparently a secret telepath who's been spying on everybody, knows pretty much everything that's going on, and has built up her own personal imagined relationship with the Wonderboy, because that's not creepy at all. And yet, the weirdest part of the episode is a montage in the middle set to a completely random insert song.

Anyway, he drags her along with his attempted harem to go kill War in a dead world, and instead find a dead dude endlessly falling, and as soon as Evil Teacher reveals that the girl is telepathic, he jumps straight into her boobs. Seems like it might've been a good time to tell him that she hates him and is manipulating him, huh? The manic pixie girl yells at him again, so they decide to mercy kill the dead dude, at which point she falls off a cliff. Which leads to the reveal that it was Cat Girl who was making everything immortal by slaughtering chickens. Sure, Sonny Boy. Whatever you say. Did the telepath girl even have a name? What ever happened to Star Boy? Didn't he have his own cult, or did they join cults? Wasn't he talking to a different god? Where is anything even going?
Sep 16, 2021 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
The episode this time had another journey in finding the War that is very mysterious this person.

Cool the events being built well.
Sep 16, 2021 5:03 PM

Dec 2016
If the director and main writer's intention was to bore me to tears for 24 minutes, all I gotta say is "job well done".

Introducing a boring character that allegedlty has been there since the beginning without even stating her name is just a cheap aspull, specially when she's got such a godly trait such as reading other people's minds.

I'm always up for show don't tell kind of narratives, but a lot of what happens in recent episodes is just nonsensical events made up for people to cook some really weird theories on how things suposedly work. The important things such as how did Asazuke and the rest of his group made it back to their own world (or a world that resembles their original) isn't explained at all, or the alleged huge time gap between his group and Sagara's if all that mumbo jumbo from last episode where they mention they got station in that world with the tiwns for freaking 1000 years and how that insanely amount of time doing the same daily chores didn't make any of them go crazy.

I'm just waiting for the last 2 final episodes to chalk this off as complete and totally forget it even existed (wich most likely a lot of people will do the same)
Sep 16, 2021 5:44 PM

May 2021
This episode was somewhat more grounded than some of the previous ones, more answers and the structure was more straightforward than the usual surrealist stuff. Still got more questions than answers. I am wondering how they will wrap this up in two episodes. Maybe Nagara and the others will try to bring Nozomi back, if that's even possible.
Sep 16, 2021 7:02 PM

Nov 2020
Watching this show is like reading a Murakami novel but with less explanation for anything.
Sep 16, 2021 7:44 PM
Aug 2021
I enjoyed the episode but with two episodes left I’m worried with the pacing. Where is Hoshi and the rest of the student council crew. Wasn’t he talking to the principal or some other god? Surely they won’t just erase that storyline completely. Will Radj come back and give us even more exposition after his voyage?
Sep 16, 2021 7:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am seriously lost my mind watching this episode. The previous girl who was always nearby them actually held some important power. Well, not that much important, tho, only as a driving force. I thought Asakaze can be change into a better person. But, looks like its not the case anymore. Because his role always used as a device to move the plot forward. Or no? While Nozomi left the compass behind, because of the fruit of the simultaneously-occurring power from the 'War' gun, looks like the rest will be back to solve the drift apart case. Hope so. Well, after Mizuho true power also been revealed. She couldn't see any death, which brought everyone into a stasis state. Immortal. But, how its related to all of those drift apart return issue? If War was actually really death. But the later episode will be about the war, to defend what they believed. It will be a big irony.

I think this is more confusing than the previous simple sol moment wandering around the different kono sekai. I know that they need to clear out and conclude the story asap, because the time finally tickling the end. But not with that way! I can't accepting that Nozomi just fell off the cliff, while some 'empty' dude somehow turned into the damn revolver, not to mention now there's the compass. Also, whats up with that reaction, Aki-sensei? Not feeling well watching the double death scene? Ah, whatever.

I may state nonsensical here, because i seriously have no fuckin idea. So, hopefully i don't lost my mind next week ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 16, 2021 8:51 PM
Jul 2021
RayReynolds said:
Once again, the show casually drops things like "Oh, the cult teacher has been training us, and we've rendevoused with other people and are read to embark to battle," and "War threatens God, so we need you to become Death Incarnate," but those are not the focus of the episode at all. Instead, this week we switch gears again to a completely random girl who's apparently a secret telepath who's been spying on everybody, knows pretty much everything that's going on, and has built up her own personal imagined relationship with the Wonderboy, because that's not creepy at all. And yet, the weirdest part of the episode is a montage in the middle set to a completely random insert song.

Anyway, he drags her along with his attempted harem to go kill War in a dead world, and instead find a dead dude endlessly falling, and as soon as Evil Teacher reveals that the girl is telepathic, he jumps straight into her boobs. Seems like it might've been a good time to tell him that she hates him and is manipulating him, huh? The manic pixie girl yells at him again, so they decide to mercy kill the dead dude, at which point she falls off a cliff. Which leads to the reveal that it was Cat Girl who was making everything immortal by slaughtering chickens. Sure, Sonny Boy. Whatever you say. Did the telepath girl even have a name? What ever happened to Star Boy? Didn't he have his own cult, or did they join cults? Wasn't he talking to a different god? Where is anything even going?

I think the Monologue girl name is Kossetsu, since in Japanese translation her name is Fracture in english and.. in japanese it's called Kossetsu
Sep 16, 2021 9:42 PM

May 2020
Was always wondering why the most obvious, mind reading power isn't shown until now.Glad that this episode was rather straightforward and simple,atleast compared to some of the past episodes.

The story now is in it's final stage,will be interesting to see how they will wrap this up
Sep 16, 2021 9:42 PM

May 2021
Nice episode and revelations, I think that with this information they could tie the whole thing nicely. The chicken not dying and the manifest of War is enough to ground everything up and I loved the sentiment represented throughout the episode, at least it felt more than a set of abstract topics that have barely any sense, and finally they did something interesting with Asakaze.
The insert song was strange though, didnt really fit the whole vibe of the episode

Sep 16, 2021 11:34 PM
Jul 2021
Gween_Gween said:
The insert song was strange though, didnt really fit the whole vibe of the episode

True lol, but the meaning really fits with Kossetsu(broken arm girl)
Sep 17, 2021 2:04 AM

Jan 2021
mattnoce said:
Ezail said:

does that mean Nozomi is dead for real??

I hope she didn't TvT She was my favourite and I felt very connected to her becuase I think we have similar pesonalities
Sep 17, 2021 2:18 AM

Jan 2021
Reelens said:
_Alleria_ said:

It means Mizuho's power is the ability to deny death. Her chicken doesn't die, but Nagara's does.

It also means that she's the one who caused the drift, because living things she brings into the drift can't die, and that's why nobody dies.

It's still somewhat unclear, but this probably means that the entire story so far has been caused by her, possibly as a reaction to witnessing someone's death (Nozomi's death maybe?)

I really like your theory, but if Nozomi has the ability to deny death, but Nagara's chicken dies, does it mean that Nozomi's power only works on things that she owns? Or things that she specifically doesn't want to see dead like her chicken?
Sep 17, 2021 5:32 AM
Sep 2013
Reelens said:
_Alleria_ said:

I think that what caused the drift was a combination of powers. Maybe "monologue" read everyone's minds, Mizuho copied and Nagara drifted those minds.

Maybe what Nagara tried to test at the end was that you can only kill your onw things. The "reverse" guy killed himself twice (in this case he owns himself), the monkeys killed their referee, yamabiko's friends was in his mind in some weird way he possess they. Futatsuboshi died but came back since it was "Koumori's property". For the chicken in the end, only Nagara's died, since the another was Mizuho's property.
Still need for more information about Nozomi and War, to me they didn't died, they became their powers (a weapon and a compass)
Sep 17, 2021 5:47 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Confusing as ever but enjoyable nonetheless. Good to get some insight on Asakaze's thoughts and stuff.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 17, 2021 6:05 AM
Aug 2015
BlichoBoy said:
I loved the episode, but the only bad thing about this episode is that we had the Monologue girl saying Aki-sensei is bad, but didn't shine a light deeply of why, just kept the manipulative part, that we already seen, and I wanted something to make the anti-big boob trust, that Nozomi began, get more strength.

I want the climbing montage song.

World Wound by L'oreal Paris . Because You're Worth It.

I hope Nozomi isnt dead.

Mizuho have the power to ressurect?

the full soundtrack is already out actually. the song is 今日の歌 by カネヨリマサル
Sep 17, 2021 6:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Consistently the most interesting and demanding show this season. Big on ideas. I'm really curious how they wrap it all up or if there will a S2.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 17, 2021 7:46 AM

Sep 2021
Another great episode. Much of this episode was about Nozomi's friend who has the power to read minds. Ms. Aki is as menacing as ever. We find out more about Asakaze's character. I'm glad he got another layer of depth.

Also I think we are extremely close to solving the puzzle about why they went adrift. The way this episode wrapped up with the chicken experiment was a nice touch.
Sep 17, 2021 9:10 AM

Oct 2016
That was a fantastic episode, it was probably the most straightforward episode so far more or less, but still pretty surreal.

Man, I wouldn't want to have that "Monologue" ability unless it's exclusively used in battle or something. Using that ability in your daily life would fucking suck bad. But for an episode mostly focusing on a character we didn't think would get focus, it was fantastic. I really like the Monologue girl (I do not know her name), and honestly, she took other peoples thoughts like a champ.

As expected, Asakaze likes Nozomi, but he an ass though. At least we can all agree that Aki-sensei's oppai is nice, that's the only thing good about her though. Is she working with the principal guy? Also, what was Mizuho's purpose then if all the cats were doing the work? There's also Hoshi, we don't know what that guy is up to all this time. Then there's also our boy Raj. I wonder if Nozomi died there (again) or she just got sent somewhere in that void. Man, I got a lot of questions lmao. The last 2 episodes are probably gonna be wild, looking forward to it.
Sep 17, 2021 10:39 AM
Apr 2021
Ezail said:
phantomfandom said:

I wonder if and how they'll introduce Famine and Pestillence
Sep 17, 2021 12:55 PM
Aug 2018
yasm said:
JayCix said:

I sure hope so! But we haven't seen evidence of that. I think ToraiS said it best - all we can say so far is that whatever she orders is put in stasis. It's unclear if she can apply her power to stuff she doesn't order, but I suspect if she could (even unconsciously) she would've done that for the other rabbit that Nagara ordered.

Also I suspect her power is not to reverse death, it's to prevent it. Since Nozomi died despite Mizuho's influence, I don't expect Mizuho can bring her back.

R0rack said:

Reelens did a few posts back. But your analysis is also correct. I think the possible implications are:
1. If Asakaze kills Mizuho, that will make everyone mortal again.
2. Mizuho might be the only defense against the gun that War left behind.
3. Perhaps if Mizuho's powers are negated, they can all at least move forward (start ageing).
4. If Mizuho dies and leaves a handover behind, maybe that could revive Nozomi?
5. It's possible Nagara could try again to edit everyone back to their lives, if he figures out a way to stop the cats and Mizuho's interference.

I think 5 is least likely, but the way Nagara was happy about the discovery makes me think he thought of a way to exploit Mizuho's power towards his objective (returning everyone home). I doubt things will go smoothly though, especially once he confronts Asakaze about Nozomi.

Aw, shit, thanks for that. Now I'm excited as hell for what's to come. I'm pretty sure these last few episodes will be insane. And so I guess if people find out about Mizuho's power she's going to be in trouble.
Sep 17, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 2019
_Alleria_ said:

I like to believe that only one of them died because of that whole weird rule that was explained with the nyamozon in earlier episodes. The chicken that died was Nagara's & the one that lived was Mizuho's. My theory is that everyone has jurisdiction over the things they've ordered whether dead or alive & they can't mess with others property without permission. Nagara killed the chicken on the left because it was his but couldn't kill the chicken on the right due to Mizuho being against the killing, therefore leaving hers to live. He didn't get "permission" to touch / mess with her stuff, so nothing happened, pulling things back to their base form.

Then I started to wonder if Nozumi is actually dead because as you can see nyamazon can ship both the living and the dead (not sure about the dead actually) & as you know Nozumi is dead in the real world. But honestly I think I'm reaching with the whole Nozumi thing but if you're interested I could probably explain more.
Sep 17, 2021 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
I don't know if I have said this in a previous episode: I think Asakaze is really pretty, but I want to punch him! lol. If we just look at him physically, I can see why someone would have a crush on him, but his personality sucks! And, Tsubasa knows that even his mind sucks! So, I don't know why she likes him.

The Tsubasa's power is actually quite nice. But, I can understand it being stressful.

Aki-sensei was able to know the Tsubasa's power. She also said her own power is the exact opposite. Does that mean she can put thoughts in people's heads?

Nozomi, oh god, is she dead? I don't think so. But, assuming she is, does Nagara know about it? Is that why he killed a chicken?

They talked about Sensou again, so I was slightly worried that they would all start growing the crystals.

I feel like I should re-watch previous episodes and collect the clues. haha. It's fun to have theories before the mystery is solved.
Sep 17, 2021 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
Lots of weird things in this episode, are powers linked to the psychological state of its users or something ? I guess that's why asakaze stopped being able to use it. What an (in)convenient timing though, the old-man which is presumably god has some bad taste. About the last scene with Mizuho and Nagara, i'm not sure but they can't die with "normal" means right ?
It has to be linked to the world or a power, wouldn't this mean that Mizuho was the one who transfered everyone them ?
Only 2 eps left man I'm excited to see this show's conclusion.

Also, just to say that I really like this show's more reserved use of music. It really helps to create a special, more grounded, atmosphere and makes most scenes where soundtracks are actually used more impactful imo.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

161 by Zorpanur »»
May 27, 2:44 AM

» S2.

aurora_yuuki - Apr 4

19 by Reelens »»
May 26, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2021

143 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2021

157 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Sonny Boy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jamk_ - Jun 18, 2021

270 by Zorpanur »»
May 26, 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.