Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 11, 2008 8:05 AM

Apr 2007
Looks like a good serie to me, i love the looks of Yuki ^^
Wil be looking forwared to the rest.
One of the best one so far at the airing animes =)

Apr 11, 2008 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
I have to say that the first episode covered the first chapters very nicely. Looking at it animation-wise, it was ok... The seiyus were PERFECT, and I thought that every voice suited each character (mostly Zero, Aidou and Yuki). The OP and ED were well suited with the "dark" theme.

Apr 11, 2008 8:27 AM

Oct 2007
I just watched the episode yesterday and I was a little disappointed with the artwork of it =/ I think the manga was better and I haven't even read that much of it >.<

Apr 11, 2008 12:33 PM
Mar 2008
playconn said:
nis-chan said:
katsup said:
Maase said:
Is this... a chicks show?

Im a guy, and when i looked at this, it... well...

It seems like a Shojo to me, i hope this is not :, i would be very disapointed

....what's the big deal if its shoujo? why would you be disappointed? i'm a girl and i watch some shounen shows. but yeah, its shoujo.

Agreed, why are guys so afraid to read shoujo? A lot of girls read shounen & seinen.

Same reason most guys don't watch Oprah, makeover shows and how-to's on the wonders of decoupage, but a lot of women watch action movies. Shoujo mostly just tries to stir up a fangirl base for their male characters through romance and relationships, which most guys don't care about at all. Personally, I don't care what genre a show is lumped in to, but this first episode was pretty annoying to say the least

" Shoujo mostly just tries to stir up a fangirl base for their male characters through romance and relationships, which most guys don't care about at all."

Exactly, that was the problem i saw in this Anime, i hate it :\

Well, dropped lol
Apr 11, 2008 4:08 PM
Nov 2007
Everyone's bashing the art but this is one of my favourite looking shows visually. :O
Apr 11, 2008 4:30 PM

Nov 2007
It was okay. I don't like Yui Horie's voice as Yuki...

I guess I'll read the manga when I have time because some people are saying it's better. O.o
Apr 11, 2008 4:39 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm I didn't expect something this good. Really nice first ep, I'm sure I'll continue watching this for a while, it has a good potential to go far.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 11, 2008 5:28 PM
Dec 2007
I liked the first episode alot! Can't wait to watch more
Apr 12, 2008 2:29 AM

Nov 2007
This series has lots of potential, just as I expected it to. The voice acting trio of Yui Horie-Miyano Mamoru-Jun Fukuyama is awesome, the characters in general seem interesting, the OP's not half-bad, and the story certainly is intriguing. Plus. Yuuki's damn cute. Great first episode.
Apr 12, 2008 8:40 AM

Feb 2008
Didn't like it as much as I thought I would, but I still enjoyed this first episode.
Looking forward to more ^^
Whoa, Jun Fukuyama sure is on (almost) every anime of this season =P
Apr 12, 2008 8:53 AM

Oct 2007
Maase said:
playconn said:
nis-chan said:
katsup said:
Maase said:
Is this... a chicks show?

Im a guy, and when i looked at this, it... well...

It seems like a Shojo to me, i hope this is not :, i would be very disapointed

....what's the big deal if its shoujo? why would you be disappointed? i'm a girl and i watch some shounen shows. but yeah, its shoujo.

Agreed, why are guys so afraid to read shoujo? A lot of girls read shounen & seinen.

Same reason most guys don't watch Oprah, makeover shows and how-to's on the wonders of decoupage, but a lot of women watch action movies. Shoujo mostly just tries to stir up a fangirl base for their male characters through romance and relationships, which most guys don't care about at all. Personally, I don't care what genre a show is lumped in to, but this first episode was pretty annoying to say the least

" Shoujo mostly just tries to stir up a fangirl base for their male characters through romance and relationships, which most guys don't care about at all."

Exactly, that was the problem i saw in this Anime, i hate it :

Well, dropped lol

Real man watch shoujo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2008 11:07 AM

Apr 2008
of course the artwork isnt going to be as great in the anime.. but if we compare it to other anime - i say its one of the best. it met my expectations. the OP/ED really suit the anime :D and.. hot bishies .. mmm :)
Apr 12, 2008 11:12 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
so_addictive said:
wakka9ca said:
TheWestExit said:
wakka9ca said:
TheWestExit said:
Chick's a vampire or atleast part vampire.
I don't see how you can interpret the opening sequence like that? Sure, she said something like "when you see them, you will be drawn to them" but can you explain to me exactly how you interpreted the prologue???
Little girl's in the middle of a snow storm and doesn't know what snow or white are. She must've been sheltered probably for good reason, or another common trick to pull in animes is that her memories were wiped or some stupid shit like that. She's recalling a previous conversation with someone, a woman, probably her mother or a similar care taker. The "It is something that's not red" line is a giant flag saying something's up. So if you're sheltered, or have no memory, and all you know is the color red, in an anime about Vampires, what could you be? And then there's an older vampire that shows up, the voice over of the woman condemns the sucking of blood and a little bit later on we figure out that that's the general consensus among vampires. So this must be a rogue vampire, probably getting revenge on the little girl's family and she's the last one. And then another vampire shows up and kills the other one. There's not gonna be two vampires show up randomly around a little girl, who knows nothing about her surroundings at all, wondering a forest. She's a vampire in some form.

That is some wild and far-fetched deductions there. I admit, there was too many hints in the first episode that weren't there in the manga. But what you have deducted is NOT OBVIOUS to the majority of the audience. I would not have thought up to that point. Your analysis skills are way beyond my own, I admit my defeat. But don't say it's OBVIOUS. it is NOT. If you can see that far in all the anime you watch or all the manga you read, then nothing short of Urasawa can satisfy your taste and escape your "predictions".

If you couldn't guess from the prologue then there's the whole

newayz ED LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES IT!!! tis all

I noticed that but it can be interpreted as Yuki's temptation to become a vampire, which in fact she does at one point.

And yes, love stories in shoujo are the best. Love stories targeting a male audience either end up with perverted stuffs or stereotypical/superficial/unrealistic girls + annoying male protagonist. Sure, in shoujo you have unrealistic guys but they are more supportable than annoying guys and stereotyped girls. The only male-oriented romance series I follow are either pure comedy or action/fantasy oriented. Shoujo love stories are sweet, romantic and fun.
wakka9caApr 12, 2008 11:15 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 12, 2008 11:13 AM

Dec 2007
Meh, the first episode was okay.
Manga is better IMO.
Apr 12, 2008 11:03 PM

Aug 2007
Finally it's here! Anyway I think the coloring is pretty well done, and I don't know why ppl don't like the ED. I think it's good and it fits the gothic theme of VK perfectly.

With the anime, I hope I can understand the whole story better..

Apr 13, 2008 3:19 AM

Mar 2008
The ED was beautiful! Very befitting :3
It's pretty good, so far...though I still prefer the manga. It's the eyes...
Click Here !:

Apr 13, 2008 6:33 AM
Feb 2008
I'm not really into shoujo anime/manga since it really depresses me to see guys that look leagues better than me, but I decided to give this a spin on a recommendation. For a first impression, I could sense something really deep going on and I truly believe that Rosario+Vampire's animation level of animation should be transferred immediately to this anime since here it will actually be of good use instead of wasting it away on a plot line that pales in comparison to what this may become.
Apr 13, 2008 7:52 AM

Dec 2007
lancelotgeass said:
I'm not really into shoujo anime/manga since it really depresses me to see guys that look leagues better than me, but I decided to give this a spin on a recommendation.

Come on buddy, they're just drawings. You gotta get some confidence, women can sense that desperation/insecurity and it will result in not getting laid until you're 40. If you keep that mindset, walk into a bar when you're older, and approach the "easiest" girl there, chances are you will still get rejected and not because of your looks. They know it, just like a lion knows which zebra is the weakest of the pack.

Sorry for turning this into an advice thread but I gotta look out for the young guys that don't know what awaits them post-high school.
Apr 13, 2008 8:20 AM

Jan 2008
Prior to the air of this title, I didn’t really have so much anticipation for the anime to be colossaly astounding. How many fantastic manga that’s been killed when transform to anime, and vise versa? Indisputably the anime has disgruntled a few fans on particular aspects, but isn’t it depends on one’s predilection? In example, some people prefer the darker side of the anime in compare to the manga. I mean who can really blame them? This is a story pertaining to vampires after all, whereas others fancy the love story and elegance that’s been a major constituent on the manga that the anime is lacking. We also need to understand that art without color is utterly different as to one with color. Even if we have to draw something, it will completely appear to be different before color is added. After all, this is the same artist who drew both manga and anime (or I could be mistaken). Moreover, our interpretation when reading a story defers from each other. Clearly it all depends on our own imagination and how we want a situation to appear to be. It is highly different when the story is being laid out right on front of us, where each character is moving and talking and imagination is no longer needed. Surely if the anime came first before the manga, we will have the same reaction. Bashing how the manga and anime appear to have differences. After all, one is a manga while the other is an anime. Lets just be happy that we are given a chance to experience both..
MY SIGNATURE

Apr 13, 2008 6:16 PM

Jul 2007
While not very impressive visually, this was a nice first episode. It reminded me what a good main character Yuuki is (I've read a bit of the manga), and the atmosphere was nice. I'm looking forward to the next one!

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 13, 2008 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
Was good. Wasn't to crazy about Yuuki's voice. I liked the opening song but not the ending. Besides all that it was fantastical.
sad
Apr 14, 2008 11:53 PM

Aug 2007
I had high expectations for this... and I'm not very impressed. =/

Granted, I've read the manga, and I'm sure that if I hadn't, I would've loved the anime right off the bat. However, the first episode seemed to sporadically jump around, go too quickly, and make certain surprises a bit too obvious. Yuuki is okay, but I agree with MistressMorbid that the hair might be what's throwing us off a bit. I'm delighted that we get Light's voice from Death Note for Zero - I think it fits the character well. I'm not sure what I think of Kaname yet.

I think this episode could have been much better, but perhaps it was my fault for reading the first volume again the day before watching the episode. xD I'm going to watch it again tomorrow, and I'm sure my opinion on it will relax a bit. Either way, I'm eager to see certain scenes animated, so I'll keep watching.
Apr 15, 2008 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
eh the episode was good until they changed things from the manga. it seems once again another vampire manga adaptation that will not hold to the actual original script. so here comes my disappointment.

i mean how are you going to show zero with fangs and red eyes already. way to not even develop the character. its obvious he has a secret but to reveal it already in the first episode is just plain dumb.
Apr 15, 2008 12:03 PM

Sep 2007
AnomalousOne said:
While not very impressive visually, this was a nice first episode. It reminded me what a good main character Yuuki is (I've read a bit of the manga), and the atmosphere was nice. I'm looking forward to the next one!

What you said, except I haven't read the manga at all. Nice episode but nothing spectacular and I probably won't be dropping it.
Apr 15, 2008 1:42 PM

Nov 2007
Was looking forward to this anime and woooow I love it! *_* Cant wait for next episode

Apr 15, 2008 4:37 PM

Nov 2004
I finally watched this! I'm so-so about this. I still very much love Vampire Knight so I can overlook some things. The animation is bothering me a bit, the backgrounds of people are just terrible. I'm only rather found of the music and voice actors, which is put together rather well (music gives a sense of creepiness).

Moving onto the most important part, the story and writing. I dislike how they revealed some elements of Zero's background already, he was supposed to be sort of a mystery for a short while (note the short while part, yeah, even in the manga you could figure out something is up with him from chapter 2). But I must say, it's nice to see Zero relatively... happy (or involved in a 'humourous' segment) in some parts of the episode. Especially for a manga reader. And I can't really remember how the manga handled it, but the voice overs are rather annoying to watch. I think the manga probably had them but because the 'revealing the past' thing only took up a frame or so it wasn't really noticeable, and with sound missing it wasn't as distracting from the present.

From one episode, which is only one episode mind you, I would say that they did a decent job with this adaptation but I would still probably recommend people to read the manga unless the anime shows me that it can do better (which probably won't happen, normally first episodes are supposed to be more impressive, especially animation-wise, the fact that it isn't is already a concern).
Apr 15, 2008 10:50 PM

Jan 2007
Really enjoyed this episode. Good start. The animation style is nice but doesn't have that alluring feeling like it does in the manga. I thought they did a freat job in the sound department. Voices felt really natural.
Apr 17, 2008 12:49 AM

Jan 2008
that was a great first episode!
the OP was good.
the ED was fairly nice.
the animation was definitely great! XD
Apr 17, 2008 2:20 AM

Sep 2007
This anime is awesome! My second favorite after Code Geass R2 this season! I really like Zero's character and Kaname as well. Also, unlike the typical female character lead, Yuki seems to have promising skills herself.

I'm eagerly looking forward to this anime. :)

EDIT: I just noticed, the "Zero" I meant was the one in VK. :p
Apr 18, 2008 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
at last, VK in action!! i was waiting for this anime to be aired, after reading the manga last two weeks...i luv vampire theme, and found that the story line is interesting compare to other vampire series..

great episode! aaa and i luv the ED song..sound so deep and full of sorrow~~
Apr 18, 2008 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
I watched the first episode two nights ago, and I loved it. Yuki is very moe. The animation looks not bad, but I don't like that art in some moments. Good OP and ED. Since I am reading the manga, I can see where this is going. I am looking forward to watch the second episode.
Apr 18, 2008 1:18 PM

Feb 2008
I really liked the first episode. Loved the OP and ED and the art is right up my alley.
Zero seems like a really intriguing character. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 19, 2008 4:03 PM

Jan 2008
wow....
Apr 20, 2008 2:31 AM

Apr 2007
Too bad this is studio deen. The art and everything is good, but the animation definitely needs work. Ah well it is studio deen.

I voted liked it, though i would have liked it a lot more if i wasn't being interrupted by my fucking little brother every 2 seconds, pissing the hell out of me. Piece of shit...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2008 3:49 PM

Mar 2008
Siing said:
I voted liked it, though i would have liked it a lot more if i wasn't being interrupted by my fucking little brother every 2 seconds, pissing the hell out of me. Piece of shit...

lol ... that was funny! :D
Apr 20, 2008 8:10 PM
Feb 2008
Good start to the series. Love the artwork here and story's interesting enough. Plus I'm a sucker for anything vampiric :P

Apr 21, 2008 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
Hocchan's voice defines moe.
Apr 21, 2008 11:27 PM

Aug 2007
I LOVE the ending theme, it totally fits the mood of the anime.

I mean, vampires. How much more creepy are you looking for? :)

May 15, 2008 2:09 PM

Feb 2008
Just getting started on this. I liked it so far. They seemed a bit clumsy on getting out the back story but with a premise like this one I guess it's not an easy thing to do. Chairman Cross seemed a bit over-the-top and out of place but those are my only complaints. I really liked the ED and the closing credits animation.
May 27, 2008 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
Lol, i wasn't expecting the humour.
Liked the opening song (reminds me of an old song i heard from a long itme ago), very detailed backgrounds and liking the story so far.
Jun 29, 2008 2:52 PM

Feb 2008
this series took me two tries to get into it

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Aug 24, 2008 9:26 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm, wonder why I never watched this as soon as it aired. I really liked it, the animation in my opinion is beautiful. I didn't expect humour to be thrown in, and it reminded me of Ouran High School Host Club when the Night Class first appeared, with the screaming fangirls. I really like Yuuki's character, really makes me want to watch the next episode! At this point, I like Zero more than Kaname. I really like Yui Horie, and just about everyone's voice actor here. Loved the opening, and liked the ending! <3
Oct 7, 2008 2:24 AM

Aug 2008
First, sorry for my english.^^
I think that first episode was great. Interesting story and anime. I love wampires. ; ) I like Yuuki. I like opening song, but I LOVE ending song! Humour doesn't please for me, but story yes. ; )
Oct 10, 2008 10:05 AM

Jun 2008
OMG!! Zero is so hot. hahahaha... and he's also a vampire??? hmmm... first ep i'm already hooked. haha
Dec 10, 2008 7:30 AM

Oct 2008
YUM. ^^
Vampires = love. :D
Interesting 1st ep. now I`ll watch the rest. 8D
Jan 5, 2009 9:12 PM

Aug 2008
The plot looks great, and the characters are really interesting.
I liked the art syles and graphics, but it's a shame that the anime didn't capture the manga's hair style well (I just love how she draws the hair alot for some reason), but at least the eyes were just as epic ^^
I'll watch Guilty too, and then move on to reading the manga (It'll be great if they come up with a third season!-That's how much I liked the adaptation! ;P).
Mar 30, 2009 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
So my guessing is that Zero is a vampire. It looks like, since the mirror scene on the bath.

Anyway yeah, clumsy way to show the past, i liked the first ep. And the animation is really cool. Not liking atm the character development, i hope that change in the next few eps :D

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 13, 2009 3:54 PM

Dec 2008
There was a lot to take in this episode D: Dont know why i didnt watch it sooner it seems like something I'd like.
I thought the opening was a bit confusing though.
Oh and the animation is very good :)
Jul 30, 2009 9:28 AM

Dec 2008
for a first episode it certainly explained much.
liked the ed song
Jul 30, 2009 9:41 AM
Jun 2008
i suggest reading the manga after you finish :) some things change..and best to start from the beginning...enjoy.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jacut - Jun 10, 2008

102 by alteredsnow »»
May 16, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.