Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2020
I can not find OVA 2 on any site,

Does anyone know where to find it subbed?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 1:01 PM
Sep 2019
James_FK said:
I can not find OVA 2 on any site,

Does anyone know where to find it subbed?

Edit: I gave the info but I linked an unholy thing.
BalancingFlame4Sep 4, 2021 2:40 PM
Sep 4, 2021 1:13 PM

Feb 2021
It’s all on Funimation, pirate sites are garbage anyways.
Sep 4, 2021 1:39 PM
Sep 2019
MadanielFL said:

I don't know man. Paying for something that doesn't have a large portion of anime seems kinda weird to do. But you do you.
Sep 4, 2021 1:49 PM

Feb 2021
BalancingFlame4 said:
MadanielFL said:

I don't know man. Paying for something that doesn't have a large portion of anime seems kinda weird to do. But you do you.
Yes very weird to do the right thing, like who would pay for a house when I can just invade one, or a phone when I can rob from someone else, amirite?

Pirates go crazy lengths to support their practice, I don't expect you to understand but people working on the anime industry aren't exactly doing community work for free.
Sep 4, 2021 1:56 PM
Sep 2019
MadanielFL said:
BalancingFlame4 said:

Yes very weird to do the right thing, like who would pay for a house when I can just invade one, or a phone when I can rob from someone else, amirite?

Pirates go crazy lengths to support their practice, I don't expect you to understand but people working on the anime industry aren't exactly doing community work for free.

"To do the right thing"...my ass
Ignore this then: https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1061404/its-impossible-to-live-as-a-crunchyroll-translator-the-canipa-effect

https://youtu.be/Z6K-FOK_MrY

So does your money go to the people doing the work? Does your money from these subscription services go directly to the animators, subbers? Maybe a portion but they're getting underpaid all the time.

Edit: let's not forget about Ex-Arm...a crunchyroll original. Image paying to see that garbage.
BalancingFlame4Sep 4, 2021 2:04 PM
Sep 4, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2021
BalancingFlame4 said:
MadanielFL said:

Ignore this then: https://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-1061404/its-impossible-to-live-as-a-crunchyroll-translator-the-canipa-effect

So does your money go to the people doing the work? Does your money from these subscription services go directly to the animators, subbers? Maybe a portion but they're getting underpaid all the time.
Ah yes paying 0 dollars will definitely help their situation, just so you know both Crunchyroll and Sony are producers themselves, Sony owns Aniplex which is a production company responsible for many anime, including some of your favorites, it's just ironic how you say fuck em while you enjoy watching anime made with the money from Funimation subscribers.

And it's funny how you bring up Crunchyroll translators when pirate sites literally steal their translations and customers all the time, not paying for legal streaming isn't gonna help anyone on the contrary it will just make things worse.

Not paying for legal streaming isn't a form of boycott because you are still consuming their products. You're not some noble-activist ally of exploited laborers if you're personally benefiting from their exploitation. Want to protest the anime industry for real? Don't watch anime.
Also the people themselves who work on the industry hate piracy

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-03-22/my-hero-academia-promotes-government-anti-piracy-filtering-service/.170917
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2021-08-22/how-does-piracy-affect-korean-webtoon-artists/.176285
https://contentcafe.org.au/articles-stories-everything/japan-cracks-down-on-anime-piracy/
Sep 4, 2021 2:35 PM
Sep 2019
MadanielFL said:
BalancingFlame4 said:

Ah yes paying 0 dollars will definitely help their situation, just so you know both Crunchyroll and Sony are producers themselves, Sony owns Aniplex which is a production company responsible for many anime, including some of your favorites, it's just ironic how you say fuck em while you enjoy watching anime made with the money from Funimation subscribers.

And it's funny how you bring up Crunchyroll translators when pirate sites literally steal their translations and customers all the time, not paying for legal streaming isn't gonna help anyone on the contrary it will just make things worse.

Not paying for legal streaming isn't a form of boycott because you are still consuming their products. You're not some noble-activist ally of exploited laborers if you're personally benefiting from their exploitation. Want to protest the anime industry for real? Don't watch anime.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-03-22/my-hero-academia-promotes-government-anti-piracy-filtering-service/.170917
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2021-08-22/how-does-piracy-affect-korean-webtoon-artists/.176285
https://contentcafe.org.au/articles-stories-everything/japan-cracks-down-on-anime-piracy/

If people rather want to spend money on merch/manga or can't afford to spend money on 35 subscription services to watch their anime, but still want to support the anime industry. What do you do? Still pay for subscriptions and not for merch/manga or watch it for free on pirate sites and buying merch/manga.

By the way, it's not my job to pay the subbers but it's Crunchyroll's job to do so. If your employer doesn't pay you enough for the work that you do you'll say something about it, right? Or are you going to ask random people to pay you better instead of your employer?

What about the enormous pressure in the anime industry? Working countless hours a week for a low income? Are you personally donating money to the animators?

It's nice to know that next time I shouldn't do anything unholy like posting the link of a pirated anime website. Next time I'm not going to help people giving the info that they want. 👍
Sep 4, 2021 2:51 PM

Feb 2021
BalancingFlame4 said:
MadanielFL said:

If people rather want to spend money on merch/manga or can't afford to spend money on 35 subscription services to watch their anime, but still want to support the anime industry. What do you do? Still pay for subscriptions and not for merch/manga or watch it for free on pirate sites and buying merch/manga.

By the way, it's not my job to pay the subbers but it's Crunchyroll's job to do so. If your employer doesn't pay you enough for the work that you do you'll say something about it, right? Or are you going to ask random people to pay you better instead of your employer?

What about the enormous pressure in the anime industry? Working countless hours a week for a low income? Are you personally donating money to the animators?

It's nice to know that next time I shouldn't do anything unholy like posting the link of a pirated anime website. Next time I'm not going to help people giving the info that they want. 👍
Don't you get it? You CAN'T complain about the situation of translators at Crunchyroll when you directly is supporting that problem.

Also as I said before pirates will say anything in order to justify their actions, including the famous argument of a legal platform not having all their anime, and it's just so ironic because these same pirates were complaining when Funimation bought Crunchyroll, which would get closer to their supposed dream of one subscription service having a large majority of anime.
And this other stupid argument of just buy merch, dude no pirate would ever buy merch for every single series they have ever pirated, NO ONE DOES THAT, stop using that as argument, they already are greedy enough to not want to pay for legal streaming which is much cheaper than to buy merch from Japan for over 100 different series.

Ah yes I clearly have to pay 35 different services to watch anime, just so you know the majority of the anime on your list for example is already available on only 2 services.

And yes the last point you made is bs too, it's on the MAL forum rules that you can't share pirate sites if anyone ask for a place to watch, specially when that anime already has a legal streaming option.
Sep 4, 2021 2:59 PM
Sep 2019
MadanielFL said:
BalancingFlame4 said:

Don't you get it? You CAN'T complain about the situation of translators at Crunchyroll when you directly is supporting that problem.

Also as I said before pirates will say anything in order to justify their actions, including the famous argument of a legal platform not having all their anime, and it's just so ironic because these same pirates were complaining when Funimation bought Crunchyroll, which would get closer to their supposed dream of one subscription service having a large majority of anime.
And this other stupid argument of just buy merch, dude no pirate would ever buy merch for every single series they have ever pirated, NO ONE DOES THAT, stop using that as argument, they already are greedy enough to not want to pay for legal streaming which is much cheaper than to buy merch from Japan for over 100 different series.

Ah yes I clearly have to pay 35 different services to watch anime, just so you know the majority of the anime on your list for example is already available on only 2 services.

And yes the last point you made is bs too, it's on the MAL forum rules that you can't share pirate sites if anyone ask for a place to watch, specially when that anime already has a legal streaming option.

You do realize that these subscription services are blocked in some countries right? (Funimation). If I do go to funimation I get this: "Sorry, but this content isn't available in your country."
Even if they're not blocked they still don't have the same library (Crunchyroll USA). Basically taking away the possibility to even watch the shows you want to watch legally. And the shows that are on Crunchyroll I've already watched, making it pointless for me to pay for it.
BalancingFlame4Sep 4, 2021 3:03 PM
Sep 4, 2021 3:09 PM

Feb 2021
BalancingFlame4 said:
MadanielFL said:

You do realize that these subscription services are blocked in some countries right? (Funimation). If I do go to funimation I get this: "Sorry, but this content isn't available in your country."
Even if they're not blocked they still don't have the same library (Crunchyroll USA). Basically taking away the possibility to even watch the shows you want to watch legally. And the shows that are on Crunchyroll I've already watched, making it pointless for me to pay for it.
It's not pointless when you are directly supporting the industry, animes like Odd Taxi, A place further than the universe, laid back camp, are all examples of animes that Crunchyroll helped produce, and to this day Cruchyroll is still helping make anime, so it's never pointless to pay for their services.
Sep 4, 2021 3:15 PM
Sep 2019
MadanielFL said:
BalancingFlame4 said:

It's not pointless when you are directly supporting the industry, animes like Odd Taxi, A place further than the universe, laid back camp, are all examples of animes that Crunchyroll helped produce, and to this day Cruchyroll is still helping make anime, so it's never pointless to pay for their services.

yeah maybe it's not completely pointless to pay for it but again, they don't have a big library compared to pirate sites. That's why I'd rather spend my money on manga. Which is something I've done. I personally think that might be a better way to support the industry compared to basically paying Sony 😅. Even with that I don't know if my money goes to the right place.
Sep 4, 2021 3:18 PM

Feb 2021
BalancingFlame4 said:
MadanielFL said:

yeah maybe it's not completely pointless to pay for it but again, they don't have a big library compared to pirate sites. That's why I'd rather spend my money on manga. Which is something I've done.
Well I just do both, manga in Europe for example is released by Crunchyroll anyways, but their library may not be as huge as illegal site obviously, but the catalog Cruchyroll has is still very massive.
Sep 4, 2021 3:29 PM
Sep 2019
MadanielFL said:
BalancingFlame4 said:

yeah maybe it's not completely pointless to pay for it but again, they don't have a big library compared to pirate sites. That's why I'd rather spend my money on manga. Which is something I've done.
Well I just do both, manga in Europe for example is released by Crunchyroll anyways, but their library may not be as huge as illegal site obviously, but the catalog Cruchyroll has is still very massive.

I think it would be a good idea for Funimation and Crunchyroll to show where the money is going to. I don't know if there are documents showing this.
Like an X-amount goes to A
X-amount goes to B, and so on. It wouldn't only be transparent but also a good way to attract people to their services, because then they'll know for sure that it's going to the right people.
Sep 4, 2021 3:35 PM

Feb 2021
BalancingFlame4 said:
MadanielFL said:

I think it would be a good idea for Funimation and Crunchyroll to show where the money is going to. I don't know if there are documents showing this.
X-amount goes to B, and so on. It wouldn't only be transparent but also a good way to attract people to their services, because then they'll know for sure that it's going to the right people.
We already know that the parent company of Funimation is Aniplex, and they produce up to 6 animes every season sometimes, but also Aniplex owns two studios which are Cloverworks and A-1 Pictures, so it's pretty safe to say that Funimation subscriber's money go to aniplex which in turn is used to make a lot of anime.
There is also the money that is used for licensing and the official blu-ray and merch releases here in the west, which those too go to Japanese companies like Kadokawa or Toho animations.
Crunchyroll on the other hand is very secretive, most people to this day have no idea that Crunchyroll helped produce some popular animes like shield hero or classroom of the elite, in fact Crunchyroll doesn't even announce sometimes when they are co-producing an anime.
Sep 4, 2021 3:42 PM
Sep 2019
MadanielFL said:
BalancingFlame4 said:

We already know that the parent company of Funimation is Aniplex, and they produce up to 6 animes every season sometimes, but also Aniplex owns two studios which are Cloverworks and A-1 Pictures, so it's pretty safe to say that Funimation subscriber's money go to aniplex which in turn is used to make a lot of anime.
There is also the money that is used for licensing and the official blu-ray and merch releases here in the west, which those too go to Japanese companies like Kadokawa or Toho animations.
Crunchyroll on the other hand is very secretive, most people to this day have no idea that Crunchyroll helped produce some popular animes like shield hero or classroom of the elite, in fact Crunchyroll doesn't even announce sometimes when they are co-producing an anime.

So Funimation is a positive to the anime industry, but I can't access it and Crunchyroll is being secretive about it. That's kinda stupid for Crunchyroll to do so.
Sep 4, 2021 3:53 PM

Feb 2021
BalancingFlame4 said:
MadanielFL said:

So Funimation is a positive to the anime industry, but I can't access it and Crunchyroll is being secretive about it. That's kinda stupid for Crunchyroll to do so.
I agree they should promote more their co-productions, but you can find on their website the animes they have helped make over the years, but is still doesn't take away the fact that both streaming services helps the anime industry.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Jun 10, 2011

110 by LonelyLolii »»
Jan 8, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OVA Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Apr 26, 2012

67 by 3miL »»
Jul 28, 2022 11:43 AM

» Fansub group of second episode (ova) ?

greenmarty - Jun 17, 2012

1 by greenmarty »»
Jun 28, 2012 9:12 AM

Poll: » Official Screencaps of OVA 2

Yumekichi11 - Dec 12, 2011

9 by Gaming2 »»
Mar 10, 2012 2:53 AM

» Teaser for Second Season?

doomed151 - Apr 27, 2011

19 by ElPsy »»
Oct 24, 2011 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.