Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yikes, dealing with an injury is not fun. It's a realistic problem even in their world.

About time they got their 100th anniversary event under way this episode and it's kinda nice to feature all the prominent cast. Tbh, I think this episode gave a solid insight on what their academy is capcable and how prestigious it is.

Sep 4, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
HAH the 2nd Years of the 99th Class got their ass bitten, and Sarasa's 100th Centennial Class is chosen for the sub onto the Grand Sports Festival to help the Summer Troupe. Lo and behold, Sarasa being the prominent member is chosen to no one's surprise, and Hijiri (Ai's caretaker) throws an easy fit over Sarasa being so easily emotionally manipulated. There is nothing called "normalcy" in this business of theatre acting.

The Kouka Grand Sports Festival truly is one of prestige that's like your usual cliché school sports festival and more. Sarasa's fright is even worse than Ai or the others, but since the Superiors picked her, there is no running away and her caretaker Risa does the pep talk for confidence. Honestly though, as much as the E-cup wannabe Sarasa is a worrywart, acting out your true self is more important than giving a subpar performance.

To think that even the Kouka status is considered, this episode truly shines at giving everyone different degrees of insight...not to mention the glamour of passing the baton for generations to come.

Is it time that we see Sarasa's progress to playing on the stage as Lady Oscar?
Sep 4, 2021 9:38 AM

Apr 2014
Hijiri is a real toxic. Sarasa wants an E-cup!!! 😲 May her wishes come true. 😊
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 4, 2021 9:57 AM
Dec 2019
Really love the many smooth references of the show. The two Eva ones (AT field aund plug suit) are rather obvious. Would love to see someone with more shoujo knowledge pick the respective references apart. I feel I know the scene of Sarasa's insight as well, but can't pinpoint it.

The interactions between the cast were pretty good and I overall liked this episode a lot. Only thing I need to mention is the high number of still frames, although the flower ornaments were a nice touch. The music was again pretty great, but I actually expected the Sarasa and Ai ending theme, as the episode was rather focussed around Sarasa.
Sep 4, 2021 10:20 AM
Dec 2020
she cut her off by saying what she was gonna say "a bitch". even if she "isn't trying to be one" like she said, she definitely is, and being ignorant to it makes you more of a bitch.
some people...
Sep 4, 2021 10:24 AM

May 2021
Hijiri says she isn't trying to act like a bitch, but I can't imagine what she'll do if she tried. I guess she meant that's she's usually like this and just being herself.

The season is coming to an end, I am intrigued to see how they'll end it. Unfortunately, I can't see something like this getting another season.
Sep 4, 2021 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
MuZe- said:
Hijiri says she isn't trying to act like a bitch, but I can't imagine what she'll do if she tried. I guess she meant that's she's usually like this and just being herself.

The season is coming to an end, I am intrigued to see how they'll end it. Unfortunately, I can't see something like this getting another season.

I don't know the actual numbers, but before its premiere, this manga received a lot of publicity from various celebrities even outside the anime industry. So who knows?
Sep 4, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
You cant be a bitch if you think you are not a bitch -insert roll safe meme-

Sarasa have her priorities right, for wanting e-cups.

I could swear that Sarasa dodged Sei, like they do in football when people try to tackle.

Sep 4, 2021 11:47 AM

Jul 2016
Sarasa waiting for Sei to help her to stand up was amazing, especially when she was staring at Sei and implicitly saying "are you going to help me and then be cheered on by the audience or not?" XDXD
Sep 4, 2021 12:09 PM
Dec 2017
Nice ad-lib from Sarasa lol
Sep 4, 2021 12:53 PM

Jul 2017
I don't hate this show by any means, but some of the drama between characters reminds me a lot of older shoujo anime like Oniisama e which I disliked a lot for the toxicity kind of drama back then. With this show, mainly Hijiri. I know she has her reasons for being who she is, doesn't necessarily make it an interesting watch though.
Sep 4, 2021 1:43 PM
Mar 2021
Hijiri is absolutely toxic girl for one of those JPX48 fans (i don't think she is Ai's fans personally), she is feeling jealous for all Sarasa got lately.

Ai looks prettier each episode, also that sensei is the romeo who Sarasa admired.

2 episodes left, next week look like it will tell about Ai more development. This Grand Sport is really hard for Sarasa since she can't copy someone by watching video. But that's good for her to become herself. Also good for Risa senpai.
Sep 4, 2021 2:17 PM

Aug 2017
Really loved this week episode.

Sarasa wanting big boobs was super and seeing Ai reaction to this was super funny.
I hated Hijiri in this episode, she is so manipulative with Sarasa, also i really dislike her personality.

The reference to Evangelion (with the suits) and to Glass Mask (with the man sending her red roses as her fan) were really good.

There's only 3 weeks left (according to MAL), i can't wait to see what happens next, Kageki Shoujo is one of my favorite anime this season.
𝓒𝓱𝓸𝓬𝓸𝓿𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪
Sep 4, 2021 2:35 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Good storytelling. Good vibes. Liked it!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 4, 2021 4:09 PM

May 2021
Extremely well done mix between the ridiculous comedy that Sarasa offers and the feelings that her insecurities provide. Hope that this get another season honestly

Sep 4, 2021 4:19 PM

Mar 2016
Meh, this sort of drama feels reminiscent of the type of dramatic writing I’ve seen with Glass no Kamen and Rose of Versailles...the kind I absolutely hate. I know toxic drama isn’t that much of a rarity in fiction, but unlike with Fruba when there’s genuine weight behind it to make it a positive, Kageki Shoujo has continued to show the inability to make me care for any of the characters or even be more interested in the respective character arcs.
Again, just my honest opinion. There’s better ways the show could’ve handled this.
Sep 4, 2021 4:51 PM

Aug 2020
I want more! This ep is super fun. Hijiri isn't a bitch LOL

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 4, 2021 5:13 PM

May 2010
I thought she gonna grab her and start running but "the audience is not shounen" xD
Sep 4, 2021 5:21 PM

Sep 2020
Sarasa, if Lady Oscar had E-cup breasts then her disguise would get busted right away.
Sep 4, 2021 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
Fun episode, Sei is a really nice person throughout this series.

I had a feeling that woman was the Oscar that Sarasa was talking about, it was a good tease last episode.

Ai was very popular with the girls in the crowd when she was taking those flags out, I think Ai could play either male or female roles, she would get over big time as a Juliet, but I think the female fans would go absolutely wild if she played male roles.

I really like Ai and her long hair, very pretty, very beautiful.
LukesYGO_WSonYTSep 4, 2021 9:01 PM
Sep 4, 2021 5:50 PM

Jun 2021
Good episode

A little less drama this episode, but made it up with more comedic parts.

Curious to see where the focus will shift in the next episode.
Sep 4, 2021 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Sarasa with her envetos, who is a character that I really like hers, Kouka Grand Sports Festival, a really cool festival.
Sep 4, 2021 10:00 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Kyaa'd too hard at that kabedon. I was a bit confused by Sarasa's conclusion, but I guess it was a smart move. For the audience, but also to not be too overbearing and standing up first to "help her senpai" up? I guess...
I'm sad that this show is coming to a quick end, but not losing hope yet.
Sarasa's words at the end made me wonder -- does this series have a spinoff?

Also assuming her words are true, who would be what?
My guess:

Winter: Ai
Fall: 1st Place, Purple Hair
Summer: Sarasa
Spring: The third gen who just cut her hair?
Sep 4, 2021 11:22 PM

Sep 2015
animejas said:
I don't hate this show by any means, but some of the drama between characters reminds me a lot of older shoujo anime like Oniisama e which I disliked a lot for the toxicity kind of drama back then. With this show, mainly Hijiri. I know she has her reasons for being who she is, doesn't necessarily make it an interesting watch though.

I understand your point, it could be tough to watch to some people but just as Oniisama e... portrayed in a good way the toxicity of the elite, Kageki Shoujo! is doing the same. In both worlds there's a lot of people like Hijiri, even worse than her. I like how they aren't afraid of adding that type of characters because they give the shows a realistic part, that in my opinion is very necessary.
Sep 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Oct 2017
Who would have thought Sarasa's dream was to have E cup boobs lol. She's fine as is but Sarasa with bigger boobs would look great too. Also I'm glad Sarasa was able to pick the right choice in that situation. She even left a good impression on some of her seniors.
Sep 5, 2021 4:18 AM

Apr 2018
Well, the Grand Sport Festival was pretty fun. Sarase played a main role and the other Kouka Girls were jealous of her. Espically, Hijiri, how much of a bitch can she be? LOL.. Well, understandable but try to hide it a little bit. Sarase really saved Sei right there. Seems like she's growing more and more. A good episode!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 5, 2021 5:09 AM

Jun 2016
narata ai became more beautiful and pretty omg
Sep 5, 2021 5:43 AM

Dec 2020
uwa.. hijiri's an asshole and shes pretty aware of it, doesn't make it any better tho still a fuckin ass tho im excited to see her backstory because of it

ending the sports festival with a "lets win together!! *holds hands*" LMAO i laughed way too loud at that sarasa you're amazing
Sep 5, 2021 6:36 AM

Jul 2014
I can definitely feel my interest in this show starting to dip these past couple of episodes. Not that it's bad by any means, but it really feels like it's lost some of that strong spark it started with.

Not at all shocked that Hijiri is so repulsively toxic when she's been shown to be like that from the start and when HanaKana is really going for her toxic voice in this show. The fact that she's so strongly aware of what she's doing does piss me off a lot though, especially as she's sabotaging Sarasa for no reason other than spite.
Sep 5, 2021 6:48 AM

Oct 2008
HAHA! Sarasa also have fear of audience!
lolz at the E cup boob thingy!
4/5.

Sep 5, 2021 7:00 AM

Oct 2016
Man, another really great episode! I enjoyed that sports festival a lot. Can't believe a sports festival that only occurs every 10 years actually exists, that's really cool. Hijiri is really toxic, but honestly I don't hate her, I like how she is portrayed and how unapologetic she is, doesn't mean I like her as a person though, but as a character yes. Risa comforting and pep talking Sarasa was really nice, and then Satomi went in for the finishing blow with that kabedon, that's overkill.

I died when Sarasa said she wanted an E-cup lmao, that whole segment was so hilarious. And Ai being Ai, everything she does is great, especially her reactions. I love how Sarasa handled the relay race when Satomi bumped into her, entertained everyone which their school is all about while also letting Satomi get the spotlight. Really looking forward to the next episode! Interesting episode title though, I wonder what it means.
Sep 5, 2021 11:34 AM

Jan 2020
Hijiri was just doing normal hijiri stuff lol. The sports festival was interesting and I do like how sarasa got a lot of focus.

I'm surprised they kept the ending visuals from last week

Sep 6, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2015
I hated Hijiri in this episode.

Sep 8, 2021 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, this is a good show but it could be so much better if they stop adding forced drama here and there. Seriously, I can't believe Hijiri's only purpose as character in the story is to be a toxic bitch who instantly disappears until her toxicity is needed again.

Still a good episode tho. First half was a pain to watch but thankfully, the second half made up for it. Risa-senpai and Sei were great at giving advices to Sarasa.

And as for Sarasa... seriously, how can she be so perfect?

But Sarasa! Lady Oscar can't have E-cup breasts!!
Sep 11, 2021 8:22 AM

Nov 2016
Some people ain't appreciating the old school shoujo style, that generally came with lots of melodrama this series is going for, even tho it's precisely what makes Kageki Shoujo!! so good.

Also loved the comedy this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2021 7:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The reaction of the upperclass always be that obvious, especially with Hijiri senpai. Her words toward Sarasa actually kinda amusing, comparing her to the birdlime tree. Lmao wth? Her order to not let Sarasa to stood out actually a mission impossible. Though as a result its make Sarasa pressure herself too much and be nervous about it before the relay race event. Still, Hijiri was not trying to be a bitch kinda a really worrying matter. Imagine if she is being serious hurting Sarasa mental.

At the end, Sarasa got a lot of support behind her back. Risa senpai won't let her precious kohai got a mental breakdown, and unfortunately she got a little help too from that winter troupe leader. Naracchi also supporting her good enough with how the role was suppose to be taken in the first place. First with the barrier, and then? Sarasa chose an E-cup anime chara. Don't be mad, Naracchi, i know you must be feeling hurt hearing that xd.

Glad everything turned out well. Sarasa succeeded to take her role with a balance. Little incident brought a little luck for Sarasa to spice things up on the stage. Some little notes from others, added more Sarasa superiority over this episode.

An alright episode, i definitely writing too much here, and once again the ed tease something with those image.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 18, 2021 12:11 AM

Mar 2009
Why did Sarasa look so pissed off when she was on the ground? It looked like she wanted to kill the other girl. lol
Sep 19, 2021 12:14 AM

Jan 2020
That's right Sarasa, I too want E-cups so I can cosplay the hot anime characters. Oh to being care-free. Loved this episode, especially the part when she had to act like she can't get up. Sarasa understood the assignment.
Mormegil said:
Why did Sarasa look so pissed off when she was on the ground? It looked like she wanted to kill the other girl. lol

That was just her asking the other lady to take a hint.LOL
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 26, 2021 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
Break a leg Hijiri! literally. That bitch pisses me off having that stupid smirk on her face while messing with Sarasa. Not sure on the whole E-cup thing but good to see Sarasa trying to be herself.

Oct 2, 2021 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
This idiot smashed into Sarasa, fucked up the race for two teams, than she turned the tables and was applauded.
Apr 17, 2022 9:10 AM

Aug 2010
sKyBlazer08 said:
Can't believe a sports festival that only occurs every 10 years actually exists, that's really cool.

The grand sports festival, the real one happened in 2014, and is where the anime took inspiration from :P
and the next one will be in 2 and a half years

I was laughing so hard with the references, because I have watched the real one

and there is no reason for me to keep this to myself
so here's a news segment of the time with moments from it
you can spot many of the similarities,subs are not really necessary, just enjoy the yellow bananas :D
https://youtu.be/485dgzN4QLc
(ง`▽´)ง
May 16, 2022 8:21 AM

Apr 2016
Hijiri was so good this episode, now this is some good melodrama and she doesn't need to resort to some slapping to make her point, she knows words cut deeper and she isn't faking it, good, I loved the contrast with Risa talking to Sarasa.

Sei was cool, I can get why she would be so liked.

This was as good as the first episode.
Oct 17, 2023 3:00 AM

Dec 2022
Sa-chan thinking about E-cup so hilarious!😂 Ai chan forming AT field was funny too. Jealous H senpai needs a reality check
Apr 11, 12:05 AM
Apr 2021
Sarasa is the best! And her dreams of her perfect self are so funny and life-like! After all, she's only 16 years old.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

103 by moonnix »»
May 13, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

112 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

148 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Shaka-bun »»
Feb 10, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

59 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.