Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2020
So I don’t want to hate the show or anything I found it pretty enjoyable, but some people say it’s the best or one of the best romance/ drama out there. For my part I thought It was good but nothing really special, I personally think there are better romance/ dramas out there like for example: the pet girl of sakurasou, toradora or a silent voice (just to name a few)

Don’t get me wrong it isn’t bad by any means I just would like to know what makes people think so greatly about this anime.
Aug 14, 2021 9:49 AM

Jun 2021
The only thing i liked about this anime is the drama

Aug 14, 2021 9:57 AM
May 2021
For me it was how the story focuses on the highs and lows during the relationship, instead of a climactic “shock” get together at the end.
Aug 14, 2021 10:00 AM

May 2021
My thoughts exactly, it was alright but nothing special. These type of drama driven romance anime are not exactly my cup of tea.
Aug 14, 2021 10:06 AM
Feb 2021
The thing that is great about the show is the MC has balls and does not beat around the bush. He tries his best and is a overall what a man should be. However the negative is his alter ego, he is a pussy and acts like a crybaby and is incredibly toxic and annoying.
Aug 14, 2021 10:26 AM
Jun 2021
i think what did it for me was that real ‘what if’ factor that it had, especially with linda, and although i think the means of portraying was overly dramatised, the whole theme of ‘regret’ was well conveyed throughout the show.

i also prefer the university setting as opposed to the normal high school setting, because the freedom of the characters to live their lives as adults in the show is believable.

the ending leaves you kinda unsatisfied because not everything is really resolved, but that’s more realistic if you ask me.
reml14Aug 14, 2021 11:36 AM
sonny boy deserves all your love and attention
Aug 14, 2021 10:32 AM
Feb 2021
The girl is cute, too bad I’m a lolicon
Aug 14, 2021 11:03 AM
May 2020
Olha pra mim, foi um dos meus primeiros animes de romance e drama, eu sei que ele não é lá grande coisa mas foi Muito marcante pra mim.
Se alguém me perguntar qual é o meu anime de romance favorito, eu diria que é Golden Time, ou Shigatsu Wa Kiki no Uso.
Aug 14, 2021 11:09 AM
Jul 2020
DanieLDesuu said:

I get that but even in the drama case I think there are shows who execute it a bit better
Aug 14, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2020
knightmare84 said:
The thing that is great about the show is the MC has balls and does not beat around the bush. He tries his best and is a overall what a man should be. However the negative is his alter ego, he is a pussy and acts like a crybaby and is incredibly toxic and annoying.

The thing is I didn’t really find the main character that interesting he was kinda boring with some good moments but overall i personally didn’t like him and i kinda have to agree to your point tho
Aug 14, 2021 11:13 AM
Jul 2020
reml14 said:
i think what did it for me was that real ‘what if’ factor that it had, especially with linda, and although i think the means of portraying was overly dramatised, the whole theme of ‘regret’ was well conveyed throughout the show.

i also prefer the university setting as opposed to the normal high school setting, because the freedom of the characters to live their lives as adults in the show is believable.

the ending leaves you kinda unsatisfied because not every is really resolved, but that’s more realistic if you ask me.

I get what you mean and I think that linda was the only really well written character in this show ( of course the others were not bad by any means)

As for the setting it was something fresh yes but I normally do like the typical Highschool setting

Ending was quite okay id say nothing really special
Aug 14, 2021 11:22 AM
Apr 2021
The show was a bit bland and the whole amnesia thing was kinda cheesy. The best part of the show was Kouko.
Aug 14, 2021 11:35 AM
Nov 2020
The “My Boyfriend” scene
Aug 14, 2021 12:06 PM
Jul 2020
Nothing. It was an average story.
Aug 14, 2021 12:22 PM
Jan 2021
I love Kouko, the relationship between the characters and how the romance is developed. It's one of my favorite romance anime, and while you say that exist better romance/dramas i agree, but Toradora definitely is not one of them, you saying that Toradora is better than Golden Time just hurts my soul.
Aug 14, 2021 4:43 PM

Aug 2020
This felt like Toradora but better for me until ep 15. This anime (in the 1st 15 eps) did an amazing job of scratching beneath surface level when it came to drama, had a really deep cast (I even liked the orange hair loli), and genuinely just felt way deeper and may more mature than a normal drama anime without feeling overdramatic, that is until ep 14 or 15 obviously. The car crash arc was wasted potential and that ending, while not being as bad as everyone says, was still pretty bad. Imo still better than Toradora, maybe just cuz I like mature drama like this more, but yeah.
Aug 14, 2021 8:42 PM
Dec 2017
The entire premise itself are your boring lovestory but the progression in itself are much better than some works I watched back then. Well for me it's one of the best
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Aug 14, 2021 11:02 PM
Jun 2021
DanieLDesuu said:

I just checked out your list
How do our preferences have this much in common
Aug 15, 2021 11:18 AM
Nov 2020
Zhre said:
So I don’t want to hate the show or anything I found it pretty enjoyable, but some people say it’s the best or one of the best romance/ drama out there. For my part I thought It was good but nothing really special, I personally think there are better romance/ dramas out there like for example: the pet girl of sakurasou, toradora or a silent voice (just to name a few)

Don’t get me wrong it isn’t bad by any means I just would like to know what makes people think so greatly about this anime.
I can understand a silent voice and maybe toradora, but pet girl? it was fine but golden time is much better than pet girl of sakurasou.
Aug 15, 2021 11:54 AM
Mar 2021
Nope, can't tell you what the great thing is, because I myself Don't know either, however I do know that I loved it and that it is my favorite anime ever.
Aug 15, 2021 11:54 AM
Jan 2021
reml14 said:

the ending leaves you kinda unsatisfied because not everything is really resolved, but that’s more realistic if you ask me.

The university setting and character development. Almost all of the characters grow by the end of the show. They don't all get what they/we might have expected. However, we get to see how different people deal with stress and life situations then how yhey grow from it.

Having known someone with a head injury where they lost a chunk of time from their life, the memory loss story is not too far off from reality. It is presented in an anime way using the alter-ego as the lost memories.

I have to agree, the ending felt lacking in a solid resolution but not as much as Toradora. Both made want one more episode.
Aug 15, 2021 3:08 PM
Jan 2021
I mean the premise surrounding Banri having amnesia is not that fascinating of a concept especially if you consumed a lot of southeast Asian telenovelas and soap operas. I just like the setting and characters such as Koko, 2D, Mitsuo, Ban~nvm that, and Linda.

P.S. I think Golden Time is better than TORADORA! IMO.
Aug 16, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2020
First, let's deal with the bad - the MC. Especially, the ghost MC part.
What's so good?
1. Being set in a university alone sets it apart from the crowd.
2. Most of the cast members are interesting.
3. Some of the subplots are super weird, but somehow work with this anime, I don't know how. Like - The Cult arc etc
4. Drama and big reveal are good with this one.
5. The main duo did got together quick. A little relief from the age old - will they now or later cliche.

I rest my case.
Aug 16, 2021 9:51 AM
Dec 2020
First, let's deal with the bad - the MC. Especially, the ghost MC part.
What's so good?
1. Being set in a university alone sets it apart from the crowd.
2. Most of the cast members are interesting.
3. Some of the subplots are super weird, but somehow work with this anime, I don't know how. Like - The Cult arc etc
4. Drama and big reveal are good with this one.
5. The main duo did got together quick. A little relief from the age old - will they now or later cliche.

I rest my case.
Aug 23, 2021 2:02 AM
Apr 2016
There's a simple reason I like this over toradora and other similar high school shows. It's cos it's set in Uni and has a more adult vibe to it. I still love to watch highschool romance but shows like these are rare where characters show some form of maturity or the anime itself has a more mature theme. I loved toradora more than golden time 5 years ago but now that I'm much older and having rewatched both recently, I can surely say I found Golden time more enjoyable and can relate to it more. Again, the characters aren't the best and I'm sure many don't like some of the characters but the thing is they are very real which is what attracts me more.
slothslayerlawlAug 23, 2021 2:07 AM
Aug 23, 2021 9:29 AM

May 2021
The romance of this is really sh1t i promise but, this anime saved those cringy romance on their drama, the drama lf this was hella good. And it made me cry, this is the first anime that i don't expected to be cried of.
Aug 26, 2021 5:52 AM
Feb 2021
the setting in Uni than usual High School, it's preety rare for Romance genre, The Drama and Character. I find it unique the story not just about banri losing his memories but the people around him, mainly for Linda and Koko. Linda try to accept her biggest regret and Koko development to act more mature.
Aug 26, 2021 7:11 AM
Apr 2020
AmBarlos said:
The “My Boyfriend” scene

100% the highlight.
Aug 26, 2021 7:21 AM
Jun 2021
Found Golden time to be shit because it was just like a headache for me to watch.
Because how banri and the blonde girl acted I started to hate the show.
But at the end it was an average drama show.
Aug 31, 2021 8:49 AM
Aug 2021
It's certainly not the best in the genre.

But I have to say it's one of the best in telling the story and navigating life AFTER the relationship starts, in which other anime in the genre stops after the confession (either the MC begins a relationship or being rejected).

People tends to forgot that the real story of a relationship starts AFTER the confession part. And once again, this show is good in telling the story of a couple being together and they work together to maintain their relationship while being faced with problems of their own.

Both MCs is well written, in my opinion. Story progression was kinda slow though, but I enjoyed every part of it.

So yeah, this is definitely not one of the best in the genre but I can say for sure that this is ONE OF THE BEST in telling a story of a couple.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.