Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2021 1:55 PM
Oct 2020
From my understanding "jojo is gay" means that jjba has gay characters so I'm just gonna name some other series with lbgt characters

Dragon Ball: General Blue
YuYu Hakusho: Itsuki is gay, Kurama is effeminate
Rurouni Kenshin: Honjo Kamatari is transgender
Fullmetal Alchemist: Garfiel is gay
One Piece: Too many to mention
Gurenn Lagan: Leeron is gay
Black Clover: Sol is Lesbian
Banana Fish: The MC is gay
Monogatari: Kanbaru is lesbian
One Punch Man: Puri Puri Prisoner is gay
Bleach: Charlotte is gay
HxH: Alluka is transgender, Kalluto & Kurapika are effeminate
My Hero: Mineta is bisexual
Gintama: Kyubei is lesbian
Attack on Titan: Ymir is lesbian & Hanje is Ambiguous
Chainsaw man: 5 Lesbians
Berserk: Griffith sleeps with king for money

Don't get me on how almost every other anime have an effeminate(aka traps) character

Bruh Big franchises like Marvel, DC, GoT have lgbt characters, popular Video games have lgbt characters but I don't see people hating them. Why the hate just for jojo? Is it just because it has a different artstyle.

Everyone says jojo is gay when in reality out of 8 parts only part 5 had a gay couple

People call the Avdol & Joseph commedy moment gay like that type of humour doesn't exist in like a thousand films

If it's a commedy moment from jojo then it's gay but if it's Naruto Sasuke kissing then it's funny, if it's from gintama it's hilarious. In one episode kondo and shogun(from gintama) were in dog style position, everyone find that really funny but when its Giorno & mista it's gay

Edit: I'm not talking about the fans, I'm talking about the people who say that as an insult. It's like the n-word
DowngoodAug 13, 2021 2:29 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 13, 2021 1:58 PM
Oct 2020
I don't see people calling monogatari wierd where the mc tries to have s*x with his sister, where the mc strips down her other sister to see her b**bs, where the mc fondles an underaged girl again and again
Aug 13, 2021 2:12 PM
Feb 2021
Downgood said:
From my understanding "jojo is gay" means that jjba has gay characters so I'm just gonna name some other series with lbgt characters

Don't get me on how almost every other anime have an effeminate(aka traps) character

Bruh Big franchises like Marvel, DC, GoT have lgbt characters, popular Video games have lgbt characters but I don't see people hating them. Why the hate just for jojo? Is it just because it has a different artstyle.

Everyone says jojo is gay when in reality out of 8 parts only part 5 had a gay couple

People call the Avdol & Joseph commedy moment gay like that type of humour doesn't exist in like a thousand films

If it's a commedy moment from jojo then it's gay but if it's Naruto Sasuke kissing then it's funny, if it's from gintama it's hilarious. In one episode kondo and shogun(from gintama) were in dog style position, everyone find that really funny but when its Giorno & mista it's gay
mate it’s a joke
Aug 13, 2021 2:14 PM
Apr 2021
Downgood said:

well Dio is confirmed to be Bisexual :)
Aug 13, 2021 2:18 PM
May 2020
It’s just a meme playing off how hyper-masculine so many of the characters are
Aug 13, 2021 2:19 PM
Dec 2020
Downgood said:

Do you realize that even JoJo fans saying that JoJo is gay?
Aug 13, 2021 2:19 PM

Aug 2020
It's mainly just cuz they think the artstyle is wierd when I'd say it's more of a realistic artstyle but the characters are a lot more buff but they fix that in like part 4 and onwards.

Also I don't think this thread is towards the people who joke about Jojo being gay, it's targeted towards haters who think Jojo is bad and call it gay
TyraqAug 13, 2021 2:25 PM
Aug 13, 2021 2:26 PM
Mar 2021
It all depends when someone says Jojo is gay.

If someone just plain out says it’s gay doesn’t matter if they’re a Jojo fan or not, I don’t really care, they are kind of right, Jojo can get pretty gay sometimes tbh. Such as Joseph and Avdols little incident or DIO being bi which is confirmed.

But if they use “it’s gay” as a reason to why they don’t like it, they’re likely homophobic. But what’s really ironic is that they probably watch gay anime themselves or Marvel, and they recently confirmed Loki to be LGBT.

True story, one day I used Giorno in Jump Force and I lost to someone. They called me a filthy Jojo fan, I asked what’s wrong with Jojo. They said “Gay”, but they’re a Hunter X Hunter fan, and FYI Hunter has a pansexual clown, a trap, and a trans woman. Compared to HXH, Jojo isn’t really that gay.
Aug 13, 2021 2:28 PM
Apr 2020
Bro it's just a joke xd I'm gay and I do the meme
Aug 13, 2021 2:29 PM
Feb 2021
Downgood said:

Edit: I'm not talking about the fans, I'm talking about the people who say that as an insult. It's like the n-word
I didn't watch it yet but in my opinion the main reason to that is the different art style and the fact there isn't cute waifus in this series make alot of people to be mad(I don't like it too but ill watch it anyway cause i heard it has unique fights)
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Aug 13, 2021 2:42 PM
Apr 2021
It’s funny on my first watch of jojo that thought didn’t even cross my mind I knew some of the characters came off a little flamboyant but I never thought “gay” I just thought these characters had hella swagg lol
Aug 13, 2021 3:05 PM

Oct 2019
Bro if anything Jojo made gay characters cool
Aug 13, 2021 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
Downgood said:
In one episode kondo and shogun(from gintama) were in dog style position, everyone find that really funny but when its Giorno & mista it's gay
But Gintama is supposed to be a parody and should not be taken seriously.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Aug 13, 2021 4:26 PM
Jul 2020
Bro it’s a joke about how Jojo has flamboyant male characters that turn the male viewers gay. No one is saying other shonen series don’t have lgbt characters. Also Mineta is not bisexual, that was a mistranslation.
Aug 13, 2021 4:57 PM

Aug 2019
One of the main inspirations of the series is fashion (mostly male fashion) and fashion culture is linked with gay culture, so you can say a part of JoJo is gay (and in a good way). So Idk why you are so upset about that joke, I mean only edgy teens and man-childs see the word gay as something bad/offensive
Aug 13, 2021 5:13 PM
Mar 2021
I thought jojo was gay and corny but now I think it’s very good and sound effects are absolutely amazing
Aug 13, 2021 6:26 PM
Jul 2021
Offtopic question but since when was mineta bi

Aug 13, 2021 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Downgood said:

Only JoJo Part that looks Gay would be Part 5
Rest are just normal
Aug 13, 2021 7:21 PM
Jan 2021
JoJo is hella gay, and I love it.
Aug 13, 2021 7:52 PM
Jun 2020
I feel like it’s a meme where there are attractive men so people say jojo turned me gay, and with the new stone ocean anime I’ve seen people go “time for my heterosexuality to be restored!” That’s the main context I’ve seen the “jojo is gay” saying.
Aug 13, 2021 8:32 PM
Jan 2021
Paja03 said:
Downgood said:
In one episode kondo and shogun(from gintama) were in dog style position, everyone find that really funny but when its Giorno & mista it's gay

Ofc lol in one episode gintoki even banged madao op is not understanding jokes.plus those who call jojo gay are the fans basically lmao visit r/shitpostcrusaders we all joke about how jojo is the gayest thing possible.
Aug 13, 2021 8:52 PM
Jan 2021
Dude stop talking logic , I've tried a thousand times and failed to convince people . I've learned that people want to hate this anime with a passion because that for some reason is considered " cool " in the anime community . I've written similar long ass paragraphs and the only respond I've gotten is " lmao triggered " and " chill out kid " . So yeah the haters are hopeless , they'll continue to spread the rumours of it being gay to newbies/homophobes , convince them it's a disgusting show , and no amount of logic can make them not hate jojo .
Aug 13, 2021 8:56 PM

Feb 2016
Nxq_nxq said:
Offtopic question but since when was mineta bi
it was a mistranslation but the fandom went with it hehe
Aug 13, 2021 8:57 PM
Jan 2021
Fazil17 said:
Downgood said:

Well jojo fans are one of us and they have every right to say whatever they want , but we won't tolerate some outsider's (someone who hasn't watched JoJo's) worthless disrespectful opinion about our show .
Aug 13, 2021 9:16 PM
Oct 2020
Aastik_sharma said:
Paja03 said:

Ofc lol in one episode gintoki even banged madao op is not understanding jokes.plus those who call jojo gay are the fans basically lmao visit r/shitpostcrusaders we all joke about how jojo is the gayest thing possible.

It's not me who isn't getting the joke, I love gintama, it's the haters who call the commedy scenes gay. Also, jojo fans calling it gay for fun isn't the same as a hater calling it gay cause they do it to insult the show when in reality they've already consumed a show with lgbt character(s)
Aug 13, 2021 9:26 PM

Jun 2020
Downgood said:

Exactly my point. Before I started watching it, I was told by god knows how many people that JoJo was gay. After few months, when I started JoJo myself and completed 4 parts, I realized that it was not anything even close. It is a great series with great fights, great power systems, great characters and great soundtracks.

I have myself seen many people who won't watch JoJo just because it is considered gay. This misconception has turned really big.
Aug 13, 2021 9:31 PM

Dec 2019

Biochemistry said:
I have myself seen many people who won't watch JoJo just because it is considered gay. This misconception has turned really big.

Their own loss, and it's not like everyone has to watch JoJo.
Aug 13, 2021 9:33 PM

Sep 2013
Just having a gay character isn't what makes a show "gay". JoJo is super flamboyant... the outfits, the poses, all the characters are bulls. It isn't necessarily explicit about it but those guys are getting sweaty together. Just look at all the Jojo dudes together, they are basically the Village People. Even if you dislike it, the fact is homosexuality and flamboyance are forever intertwined through stereotypes.
There's no need for all this tension.
Aug 13, 2021 9:36 PM
Jan 2021
Downgood said:
Aastik_sharma said:

It's not me who isn't getting the joke, I love gintama, it's the haters who call the commedy scenes gay. Also, jojo fans calling it gay for fun isn't the same as a hater calling it gay cause they do it to insult the show when in reality they've already consumed a show with lgbt character(s)

Most of us calls jojo ironically gay and it's fun to Make fun of the fandom and haters gonna hate we can't do shit bout them them .
Aug 13, 2021 9:47 PM
Dec 2020
I didn’t know anyone in Jojo’s was gay
Aug 13, 2021 10:37 PM
Jan 2021
Mineta isn't bi though...I think we should all wait until the official English issue comes out before we say anything is confirmed because it more just sounds like a localization error
Aug 13, 2021 10:47 PM
Jul 2018
People call jojo gayy mostly becuz of d art style
Aug 13, 2021 11:07 PM

Feb 2021
Jojo is not a gay anime but gay bait mainly because of its character designs
Aug 14, 2021 2:02 AM
Jan 2021
Downgood said:

it's the fans who are the problem though, I've seen people say you cant be a true jojo fan unless you're gay
Aug 14, 2021 2:11 AM

Jul 2020
Just, ignore the joke?

@Sinovexx can't you understand they're just joking? It's just like a gag exclusievly from Jojo fanbase.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 14, 2021 3:10 AM
Mar 2021
It is a joke, People (mainly fans) call jojo gay as a joke because of how flamboyant it is. And even if it was gay why would that matter? Its a cool show with cool fights and amazing characters, do you think it being gay would change any of those op? Does being gay suddently make it less enjoyable? I think not
Aug 14, 2021 6:47 AM
Jan 2021
Downgood said:

Mineta isn't bisexual it was a mistake in translation.
Aug 14, 2021 8:55 AM
Mar 2021
Downgood said:

Ymir isn’t lesbian, Griffith slept with that guy for the money not for the attraction and Jojo isn’t gay
Aug 14, 2021 8:57 AM
Mar 2021
slimepoop said:
I didn’t know anyone in Jojo’s was gay
Dio is bi that’s it really
Aug 14, 2021 10:12 AM
Jan 2021
Fazil17 said:
Downgood said:

Saying JoJo is gay isn’t a bad thing, and it isn’t supposed to be
Aug 14, 2021 10:31 AM
Jan 2017
"JoJo is gay" isn't really based on there being homosexual characters. Really, there aren't that many confirmed non straight characters, the only ones coming to mind are the two gay couples from Part 5, and [Stone Ocean Spoiler] Dio and Pucci which isn't confirmed up to Part 6 (and even then would be somewhat ambiguous if not for Araki having stated in an interview that Dio is Bi).

It's more the whole culture and thematic of JoJo that has spawned the "Its gay" Joke. Big, burly, muscular men are pretty much a staple of the series, especially in the first three parts, and even many of the confirmed straight characters are very fabulous (Anasui is wearing fishnet stockings for fucks sake). Further, fashion is a reoccurring theme throughout the show, with characters wearing fashionable outfits, commenting on expensive clothing and even being named after brands. This all arguably gives the Series, especially the first five parts, a certain "cliche gay" element.

That being said, it really is just a joke, and one that most of the community has wholeheartedly embraced. Just look at all the memes addressed to female fans going like "It's your turn to be gay now" when the Stone Ocean Anime was revealed.

Also Mineta isn't actually Bi, that's just a translation inaccuracy (not really an error, but not well translated given the context of the scene) as far as I know.
Aug 14, 2021 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
Some people are just ignorant. Nothing about Jojo is gay from what I've seen so far. There's just a lot of emphasis on the anatomy and structure of the male characters. It's no different from how Greek sculptors used to craft male figures.
removed-userAug 14, 2021 10:37 AM
Aug 14, 2021 2:03 PM
Feb 2021
Jojo is gay and I love it
Aug 14, 2021 2:29 PM
Feb 2021
banana fish is the gayest one, the rest arent too noticable. Jojo is called gay as a joke because of their weird clothing. Just look at what Giorno is wearing
Aug 14, 2021 2:45 PM
Feb 2021
Downgood said:

Some people already left really good explanations, but it's because there's a lot of homophobic people in the Jojo fandom, that's why you hear so many people say that as an insult.
Also I just wanted to correct you in some things for you to not mislead information, Ash from banana fish, he's not gay he's bisexual and mineta is not bisexual, you could have given Toga as an example (she's bisexual) or Magne (she's transgender).
Aug 14, 2021 3:46 PM
Jan 2021
"Jojo is gay" is just a joke because the characters are very masculine
Aug 14, 2021 3:48 PM
Jan 2021
TheFireNinja said:
Some people are just ignorant. Nothing about Jojo is gay from what I've seen so far. There's just a lot of emphasis on the anatomy and structure of the male characters. It's no different from how Greek sculptors used to craft male figures.
there's alot of gay stuff in Jojo. I believe most of the characters in Part 5 is gay
Aug 14, 2021 10:21 PM
Mar 2020
ParascytheDragon said:
Downgood said:

Ymir isn’t lesbian, Griffith slept with that guy for the money not for the attraction and Jojo isn’t gay

Stop the cap ymir is canonically lesbian and Griffith sleeping with men makes him gay
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

251 by titty »»
May 4, 5:06 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

210 by crumb_fr »»
May 2, 7:48 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

166 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 2, 1:16 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Jan 11, 2013

160 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 28, 12:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 25, 12:14 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.