Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 11, 2021 10:49 PM

Nov 2015

In such a short story and in such a short time that she had, she made impact not only on every important character in the series(to the point of changing one's life) but also the viewers(me) themselves(myself).

Showing that life is short and that we shouldn't let fears and silly obstacles deter us from trying to achieve our goals and live our lives to the fullest so we can leave something behind, so we can impact someone else's life, so we can continue to live in heart's of other's even if we are gone, so even if we ARE WEAK, FRAIL, PESSIMISTIC we can still FIGHT with ever fiber of our freaking being to reach that something that we can be proud of at the end of our journey.

Throughout this series that has been her motto, only she reffered to life as PLAYING, because that's what music meant to her, that's what connected her to her first,last and only love, that's what she fought for till the very end.

I have not seen a character impact me, and i believe many others, emotionally on so many levels....yes the writer sucks for not granting her more time in that world or that writer didn't show us some afterlife encounter with her and Arima, because just like music transcends time, love can also do that.(u can find 'happy alternative ending on yt' even though english is bad it doesn't matter)

“Whether you’re sad, you’re a mess, or you’ve hit rock bottom, you still have TO PLAY! That’s how people like us survive”

“You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful!”

“Was I able to live inside someone’s heart? Was I able to live inside your heart? Do you think you’ll remember me at least a little? You’d better not hit "reset!" Don’t forget me, okay? That’s a promise, okay? I'm glad it’s you, after all. Will I reach you? I hope I can reach you.”
― Kaori Miyazono

P.S. at the end of the series while watching her there was only one song stuck in my mind and i knew for sure someone else also thought of it and made AMV with that song and it embodies everything Kaori Miyazono did.... I LIVED
You cannot spell Light without L
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2021 10:59 PM
Dec 2020
I don’t know if I would call her the best female character ever, but I also can’t tel you who is. Nonetheless she’s an extremely well written character.
Aug 11, 2021 11:04 PM

May 2021
Not sure if you are trolling but if you are not, no she isnt

Aug 11, 2021 11:06 PM

Nov 2015
slimepoop said:
I don’t know if I would call her the best female character ever, but I also can’t tel you who is. Nonetheless she’s an extremely well written character.

This would be me just basing it off how much more her existence has moved me and insipred compared to the other female characters that also did. Was so angry that she
or that we didn't get their afterlife reunion. They both deserved that
Oct 2020
She isn't the best definitely, but she is definitely one of the most well written

Nov 2015
Kn1g8t said:
She isn't the best definitely, but she is definitely one of the most well written
who is the best then
Aug 11, 2021 11:07 PM

Aug 2020
Nah. Not even close
Aug 11, 2021 11:10 PM
Oct 2020
Bronos23 said:
Kn1g8t said:
who is the best then

There are lots of really good written female characters like from lots of seinen mangas, from the Monogatari series, from Nana, from Chihayafuru etc etc.
Aug 11, 2021 11:10 PM
May 2021
Nah and this isn’t even close and should never be a debate🤦‍♂️
Aug 11, 2021 11:12 PM
Feb 2021
Oshino Shinobu, Anna Liebert>
Aug 11, 2021 11:13 PM

Nov 2015
ChampionPath396 said:
lol you have 3 very good characters in your most fav category and others are half decent...watch more anime
Aug 11, 2021 11:13 PM
Dec 2020
Bronos23 said:
slimepoop said:

This would be me just basing it off how much more her existence has moved me and insipred compared to the other female characters that also did. Was so angry that she
Aug 11, 2021 11:14 PM
May 2021
Bronos23 said:
ChampionPath396 said:
lol you have 3 very good characters in your most fav category and others are half decent...watch more anime
who are the 3 very good characters? I was just wondering.
Aug 11, 2021 11:19 PM

Nov 2015
slimepoop said:
Bronos23 said:

ChampionPath396 said:
Bronos23 said:
yukino,mai,02
slimepoop said:
Bronos23 said:

i think that circumstances have to be taken into considerstion. She was able to deal with everything with a smile and positive energy and save a life of a person who inspired her, even though she knew the time is short. I am guessing most ppl here are thinking about waifu material characters and that's not the discussion i wanna begin.

Also the way ppl are reacitng moderators will likely close this discussion
Aug 11, 2021 11:25 PM
May 2021
ChampionPath396 said:
Bronos23 said:
I know this isn’t relevant but you should consider finishing or giving akame ga kill another chance, it’s a pretty good anime in my opinion but everyone might not like it
Aug 11, 2021 11:28 PM
Feb 2021
She was annoying as fuck. RIP BOZO 🙏
Aug 11, 2021 11:28 PM

Sep 2020
She is pretty good but not the best.
Aug 11, 2021 11:34 PM

Nov 2020
Bronos23 said:

In such a short story and in such a short time that she had, she made impact not only on every important character in the series(to the point of changing one's life) but also the viewers(me) themselves(myself).

Showing that life is short and that we shouldn't let fears and silly obstacles deter us from trying to achieve our goals and live our lives to the fullest so we can leave something behind, so we can impact someone else's life, so we can continue to live in heart's of other's even if we are gone, so even if we ARE WEAK, FRAIL, PESSIMISTIC we can still FIGHT with ever fiber of our freaking being to reach that something that we can be proud of at the end of our journey.

Throughout this series that has been her motto, only she reffered to life as PLAYING, because that's what music meant to her, that's what connected her to her first,last and only love, that's what she fought for till the very end.

I have not seen a character impact me, and i believe many others, emotionally on so many levels....yes the writer sucks for not granting her more time in that world or that writer didn't show us some afterlife encounter with her and Arima, because just like music transcends time, love can also do that.(u can find 'happy alternative ending on yt' even though english is bad it doesn't matter)

“Whether you’re sad, you’re a mess, or you’ve hit rock bottom, you still have TO PLAY! That’s how people like us survive”

“You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful!”

“Was I able to live inside someone’s heart? Was I able to live inside your heart? Do you think you’ll remember me at least a little? You’d better not hit "reset!" Don’t forget me, okay? That’s a promise, okay? I'm glad it’s you, after all. Will I reach you? I hope I can reach you.”
― Kaori Miyazono

P.S. at the end of the series while watching her there was only one song stuck in my mind and i knew for sure someone else also thought of it and made AMV with that song and it embodies everything Kaori Miyazono did.... I LIVED
Kaori is my second fav female character ......

Senjougahara>Kaori

She isn't the best but one of the best for me ......

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Aug 11, 2021 11:37 PM
Jun 2021
She's my 3rd favorite.
My 1st is Kurisu from Steins;Gate (rightly so) and 2nd is Ayase Chihaya from Chihayafuru
ImHeisenbergAug 11, 2021 11:53 PM
Say My Name
Aug 11, 2021 11:47 PM
Feb 2021
Damm dude you smoked the good stuff today
Aug 12, 2021 12:12 AM
Jun 2014
No for me. She's on the higher tier though.
Aug 12, 2021 12:13 AM
Jul 2021
U kinda made me appreciate her more, what really makes someone the best character tho? It’s hard to discuss because there are so many different and unique characters, at the end of the day I think it’s just opinion which is fine
My favorite female character tho funny how it’s kind of the same premise is Sakura Yamauchi, the sick girls are always the best
Aug 12, 2021 12:22 AM
Jan 2018
No, shes melodramatic and annoying.

Dont even compare her to Yona from akatsuki no yona, bell from beauty and the beast or Ripley from alien. Thats like comparing microwave mashed potatoes to king crab. You just dont do it.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Aug 12, 2021 1:15 AM
Jan 2021
Bronos23 said:
Kn1g8t said:
who is the best then
sakura from i want to eat your pancreas and takagi san.
Aug 12, 2021 1:17 AM

Nov 2015
WannabeWeeb_ said:
U kinda made me appreciate her more, what really makes someone the best character tho? It’s hard to discuss because there are so many different and unique characters, at the end of the day I think it’s just opinion which is fine
My favorite female character tho funny how it’s kind of the same premise is Sakura Yamauchi, the sick girls are always the best
lol When i talked to my friend i said to him how these shows are sooo alike it's crazy...I cried more at the end of Pancreas than Your Lie in April but it was cuz i felt more sad about the MC since he was truly alone, and Arima wasn't. Also they had more time in 22episodes than in a 2hr long movie.

I was thinking about the 'best' attribute as...mix everything in one bowl, waifu material, your fav, the impact that character had on a story, who carried that story, how she made you feel or change the way you look at things, inspiration etc. and voila. For example Makisu is my fav character but she wouldn't be for sure if Houin Kyouma didn't exist and carried Steins;Gate by himself. She didn't have any deep impact on me but had a great character to go alongside Kyouma and the greatness that is Steins;Gate.
Aug 12, 2021 1:17 AM

Nov 2015
WannabeWeeb_ said:
lol When i talked to my friend i said to him how these shows are sooo alike it's crazy...I cried more at the end of Pancreas than Your Lie in April but it was cuz i felt more sad about the MC since he was truly alone, and Arima wasn't. Also they had more time in 22episodes than in a 2hr long movie.

I was thinking about the 'best' attribute as...mix everything in one bowl, waifu material, your fav, the impact that character had on a story, who carried that story, how she made you feel or change the way you look at things, inspiration etc. and voila. For example Makisu is my fav character but she wouldn't be for sure if Houin Kyouma didn't exist and carried Steins;Gate by himself. She didn't have any deep impact on me but had a great character to go alongside Kyouma and the greatness that is Steins;Gate.
Aug 12, 2021 1:18 AM

Jan 2021
Not even close, It didn't even left me any impact.
She might be a good character. But I never liked anyone in this anime.
Aug 12, 2021 1:21 AM

Nov 2015
Gabbar101 said:
Bronos23 said:
who is the best then
first one is for sure one of the best i have encountered but Takagi is not in this discussion lol😅
Aug 12, 2021 1:21 AM

Nov 2015
Gabbar101 said:
Bronos23 said:
who is the best then
first one is for sure one of the best i have encountered but Takagi is not in this discussion lol😅
Aug 12, 2021 1:29 AM
Jan 2021
Bronos23 said:
Gabbar101 said:
well we are takling about best female charcter and takagi is my favorite.
Aug 12, 2021 1:45 AM

Feb 2021
She's so annoying and makes this show unenjoyable
Aug 12, 2021 1:47 AM
Apr 2021
No, not even close
Aug 12, 2021 2:16 AM
Dec 2019
Lmao no fucking chance love ylia but no way
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Aug 12, 2021 2:28 AM

Dec 2020
Kaori Miyazono is an extremely well written character...But I wouldn't call her the best female character ever.
Aug 12, 2021 2:30 AM
Jan 2021
-Pocong- said:

She's the heart and soul of the show ,you don't have to call her the best written female character of all time but damn !
Aug 12, 2021 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
Best Female Character??

How would you give the facts and proof?
Character Development- Error 404
Depth- OK, Tsundere-Derere who wants to enjoy her remaining life being with her love interest

Also Impact on the Plot and Characters-
Breaks the bond of Childhood Friend(Cliche')
None of the Characters apart from the MC has Character Development who still remains the same from outside only his mind has changed

In other words, NOPE
But I'm too merciful whenever it comes to Anime and Manga
My verdict would be 5/10

My suggestion is either you should visit my profile and click the recommended Channel to know more about Writing
Aug 12, 2021 2:32 AM

Aug 2016
I didn't even remember her name until this thread. Honestly a really forgettable character/anime.
Aug 12, 2021 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
-Pocong- said:

I can't believe you're here again
Wherever I go I find you

But you're right, she is very annoying throughout the whole show. Typical Derere with a bit of Tsundere. Not to mention she never had any Character Development other than her skin losing its shine
Aug 12, 2021 2:40 AM

Apr 2021
Nope.
Sakura Yamauchi is far better
I love Monogatari Series
Aug 12, 2021 2:43 AM
Jul 2021
Can't say she is the best female character because wherever a serious topic is going on she always speak some crap joke and stops the discussion but although she's one of my favorite
Aditya_69Aug 12, 2021 2:46 AM
Aug 12, 2021 2:46 AM

Feb 2021
i found her to be one of the most annoying characters ever created and reason why i dropped this show, she isn't the most annoying due to that braindead ghost cryababy existing but she come close, even if i were to like her i could name better female characters very easily
e5812Aug 12, 2021 2:51 AM
Aug 12, 2021 2:54 AM
Feb 2021
Bronos23 said:
slimepoop said:
ChampionPath396 said:
yukino,mai,02
slimepoop said:
i think that circumstances have to be taken into considerstion. She was able to deal with everything with a smile and positive energy and save a life of a person who inspired her, even though she knew the time is short. I am guessing most ppl here are thinking about waifu material characters and that's not the discussion i wanna begin.

Also the way ppl are reacitng moderators will likely close this discussion
is zero two well written lolll
Aug 12, 2021 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
Not even close, I actually found her to be quite annoying.
Aug 12, 2021 3:12 AM
Feb 2021
Personal opinion here, tbh I dont rllt think Kaori is that good at all, like she literally forced the mc to overcome his trauma (first of all, you dont do that to people) then victimised when the character didnt want to play with her in the concert by crying and practicly dragging him to it and when the mc finaly got to see the light at the end of the tunnel all the charater development is shoved into a bad and thrown to the ocean cause... yeah... spoiler... Anyways, I do think she had her moments and that she did push the character a little in the good way but the other bit is just too much man, there are so many better characters...
Aug 12, 2021 3:12 AM
Feb 2021
Personal opinion here, tbh I dont rlly think Kaori is that good at all, like she literally forced the mc to overcome his trauma (first of all, you dont do that to people) then victimised when the character didnt want to play with her in the concert by crying and practicly dragging him to it and when the mc finaly got to see the light at the end of the tunnel all the charater development is shoved into a bad and thrown to the ocean cause... yeah... spoiler... Anyways, I do think she had her moments and that she did push the character a little in the good way but the other bit is just too much man, there are so many better characters...
Aug 12, 2021 3:25 AM

Jul 2015
There is some merit to this. She is definitely well written, but wether she is "the best" is entirely subjective.
You'll ask 100 people, who is the best written female character, you'll get 100 different answers, which would be nothing more than popularity contest. Some people will even say, that Asuna is well written, which is objectively not true, because she just happens to be a main female lead of a popular anime and is in fact as interesting as last year's snow.

I personally think, that Yuri Honjo is a really well written female character, but most people perceive her as nothing more than doujinshin material.

Aug 12, 2021 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
No, but she is good, and that's it.
Aug 12, 2021 4:07 AM

Feb 2021
Aerosmith224 said:
-Pocong- said:

Wherever I go I find you

But you're right, she is very annoying throughout the whole show. Typical Derere with a bit of Tsundere. Not to mention she never had any Character Development other than her skin losing its shine

Aerosmith224 said:
-Pocong- said:

Wherever I go I find you

There are many well written female characters, but somehow many people choose this one. Mira Armstrong, Winry, Emilia, Beatrice and Yona are good examples
Aug 12, 2021 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
-Pocong- said:
Aerosmith224 said:

Wherever I go I find you

Aerosmith224 said:

Wherever I go I find you

There are many well written female characters, but somehow many people choose this one. Mira Armstrong, Winry, Emilia, Beatrice and Yona are good examples

Casca and Jolyne are Best for me
Aug 12, 2021 5:00 AM
Jan 2021
i disagree, obviously you can have your opinion, but i def dont think shes THE best. good, yeah, great, maybe, but the best? absolutely not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.