Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2021 8:07 PM
Sep 2020
I just finished watching FLCL and it was possibly the best 2 hours of entertainment I’ve ever had lmao, I was just wondering what was your guys’ interpretations on it and what meanings and messages you got out of it.
Aug 11, 2021 8:39 PM

Feb 2021
Glitchz9 said:
I just finished watching FLCL and it was possibly the best 2 hours of entertainment I’ve ever had lmao, I was just wondering what was your guys’ interpretations on it and what meanings and messages you got out of it.
I honestly hated it. I've never hated any character more than Haruko. I couldn't stand her. I wanted the show to be real so I could clonk her in the face. She literally abused the boy for all of the show. I understand the hidden meanings behind the show and the art and animation were mind blowing but other than that I hated it.
Aug 11, 2021 8:46 PM
Sep 2020
xdiogo630 said:
Glitchz9 said:
I honestly hated it. I've never hated any character more than Haruko. I couldn't stand her. I wanted the show to be real so I could clonk her in the face. She literally abused the boy for all of the show. I understand the hidden meanings behind the show and the art and animation were mind blowing but other than that I hated it.

Yeah I can see your rated Devilman Crybaby low so I’m guessing you just not into those deeper meaning anime, I can see you like your sports anime a lot though try Diamond No Ace it’s animated by Madhouse and Production I.G both studios got insane reputations for good sports anime.
Aug 11, 2021 8:48 PM

Feb 2021
Glitchz9 said:
xdiogo630 said:

Yeah I can see your rated Devilman Crybaby low so I’m guessing you just not into those deeper meaning anime, I can see you like your sports anime a lot though try Diamond No Ace it’s animated by Madhouse and Production I.G both studios got insane reputations for good sports anime.
I actually really enjoyed the beginning of dmc but the ending was so weird. Bro was half boy half girl. And the character progression was horrible
Aug 11, 2021 8:48 PM

May 2021
Glitchz9 said:
xdiogo630 said:

how did you craft a comment that sounds so perfectly brutally insulting and friendly at the same time???
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime
Aug 11, 2021 8:51 PM
Sep 2020
HakeemP said:
Glitchz9 said:

how did you craft a comment that sounds so perfectly brutally insulting and friendly at the same time???

Idk bro I’m just built different lmao, nah jokes aside I respect if ppl are not into deep meaning anime like it’s all opinion at the end of the day.
Aug 12, 2021 4:30 AM
Apr 2020
Glitchz9 said:
Maybe I'm too young but I didn't understand a word in this show. This whole time I was trying to figure out what and why the fck happens
Aug 12, 2021 8:04 AM
Mar 2019
Watch it again at a later point, i was also confused at what i was watching but trust me its there.
Aug 12, 2021 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Loved it. One of my favorites.
Aug 26, 2021 10:28 PM

Dec 2007
Glitchz9 said:

Basically it's a simple coming of age story. Put it however you want, a boy growing up, discovering himself, but also while changing still understanding and coming to terms with who you are. It's really not some crazy deep, thought provoking work, but it's packaged in this absurd, over the top, sensory overload wrapping. Which might not be for everyone, but I loved it. One of the very few shows I gave a 10 too and think deserves and gets better with repeated viewings.

He takes the initiative and admits his love in the end, but in the closing scenes we still hear him called a kid. Things change, but might change slowly. It's about taking steps. The little hints like about him not liking the drink (he wanted sweet drinks) or the uniform not suiting him (school uniforms start in JHS so it's a sign of growing up). Man what I good show. I should go back and rewatch it again.

Sep 5, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2017
I loved it. I see some people are trying to look for reasons, explanation of the story and all that but i think the way FLCL is meant to be watched not by trying to understand it but by feeling it.
Sep 26, 2021 10:52 PM
Apr 2016
Glitchz9 said:

My interpretation is :
-To become an ideal adult, you have to see beyond the ideal adult shown by society. In order to see through all that, you need to be extremely creative, hence the guitar, the robots coming out of the heads, etc. Problem is, society will try to destroy your creativity (school, medias, ...)
-We must avoid conformism at all cost, because it will not help us to solve the big issues of our society (pollution, war, dictatorship,...). But creative people can imagine solutions.
-The adult world doesn t make any sense.

FLCL itself breaks the conformism of animes and tries to be creative.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

242 by Devonnius »»
May 12, 9:54 PM

» I don't understand the hype, should I rewatch? ( 1 2 )

C4llum - Aug 8, 2021

79 by ghoulcustomer »»
May 11, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Thurzix »»
Apr 29, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.