Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2021 1:29 AM
Jun 2020
For being one of the most popular anime's at its release the amount of hype for the show fizzled out quite quickly. Its honestly a shame I love this anime. I wish it was talked about more oh well...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2021 1:41 AM
Feb 2021
It's in the top 20 most popular anime of all time, and it's holding that spot for 10+ years. What more do you want? Lol
Aug 11, 2021 1:43 AM

Apr 2019
I'll never understand why so much hype in this anime.ㅤㅤ
Aug 11, 2021 1:48 AM
Jul 2020
Well it’s been 11 year since it was released and still anime holding its place in top 20 anime of all time and with time people stop talking about it, anything cannot go forever you know
Aug 11, 2021 1:52 AM
Oct 2017
its a short and sweet anime thats a cry fest at the end, not really worth discussing over
Aug 11, 2021 2:01 AM

May 2020
It's been more than 10 years now,moreover it was a short anime.So it's natural that it will turn out this way
Aug 11, 2021 2:12 AM

Oct 2017
What is this guy on about? It’s been one of the most popular for over a decade? Of course it’s not going to be talked about as much as naruto, one piece, demon slayer etc.

Aug 11, 2021 2:12 AM
Oct 2020
Whatever the case, this anime will always remain in my heart as one of the best. Beautiful story, great characters, animation still holds up, heartbreaking, amazing opening-ending-OSTs. I wish people talked about this more, but it's bound to happen because of new anime like Jujutsu Kaisen. Anime has been trending since COVID started and new fans won't be directed towards this
Aug 11, 2021 2:17 AM
Jul 2021
ProxyLain said:
Bro u legit hate all good anime, it’s ok
Aug 11, 2021 2:20 AM

Apr 2019
WannabeWeeb_ said:
ProxyLain said:

If I'm going to follow that logic, I wouldn't have favorites.

If I don't like it, it's bad. There is no point in hating something that is good.
Aug 11, 2021 2:27 AM
Jul 2021
ProxyLain said:
WannabeWeeb_ said:

If I don't like it, it's bad. There is no point in hating something that is good.
All I’m saying is your taste is shit, anyone that looks at your list can clearly see that
Aug 11, 2021 2:37 AM
Aug 2020
May have "died" but its still good
Aug 11, 2021 2:39 AM

Apr 2019
WannabeWeeb_ said:
ProxyLain said:

All I’m saying is your taste is shit, anyone that looks at your list can clearly see that

Haha... Wtf.
How do you say that without watching anything I have in my favorites, let alone the ones I completed?

You only have 41 complete (that I see in a short time), and all are popular anime and most are rubbish.
Basically, you started watching anime recently and you don't even know what you're talking about...

The topic is about Angel Beats and you haven't even watched this anime. You literally came here to talk shit, didn't you?
ProxyLainAug 11, 2021 2:44 AM
Aug 11, 2021 2:51 AM
Jun 2021
This anime never really died out it's just that there was SO much anime that had a larger community than Angel Beats
A bad anime what do you do. Ignore It.

What do you do on MAL when you see a bad anime. Drop it Obviously
Aug 11, 2021 3:18 AM
Apr 2020
Such a overrated anime but your opinion ig
Aug 11, 2021 3:45 AM
Jan 2021
ProxyLain said:
WannabeWeeb_ said:

Haha... Wtf.
How do you say that without watching anything I have in my favorites, let alone the ones I completed?

You only have 41 complete (that I see in a short time), and all are popular anime and most are rubbish.
Basically, you started watching anime recently and you don't even know what you're talking about...

The topic is about Angel Beats and you haven't even watched this anime. You literally came here to talk shit, didn't you?

god you're so annoying
Aug 11, 2021 3:50 AM

Nov 2017
DoobieSam said:
It's in the top 20 most popular anime of all time, and it's holding that spot for 10+ years. What more do you want? Lol

It's peak was #5 most popular of all time

plz @ me
Aug 11, 2021 4:04 AM
Jan 2021
it was my first anime series and i will never forget/regret it;)
Aug 11, 2021 4:38 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
It is very popular, but old. I don't see people talk about toradora! And death note also. It is just the age.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 11, 2021 4:42 AM
May 2015
Most my favourites are not popular choices. Just being popular doesn't make you one of the greatest of all-time, hell just having a high score doesn't make that either, it's quite simply the impact it leaves on a person that will always sing it's praises, even if they can admit it's flaws.
Aug 11, 2021 5:20 AM
Jul 2019
It's short & still popular with opinions being firmly settled in. A good amount consider this anime not good and a few still like it

Aug 11, 2021 5:20 AM
Jul 2019
ProxyLain said:
forreal had this hyped up to be the saddest anime ever…. not what i ended up getting.
ArizxnaFeb 8, 7:29 AM
Aug 11, 2021 5:21 AM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
TBH the name didn't suit the anime so kinda gave up expectations from EP 1 but even so it's still not that bad
Aug 11, 2021 5:55 AM
Mar 2021
sadboyrcrds said:
ProxyLain said:

Haha... Wtf.

god you're so annoying

I'd say the other guy was more annoying, he's the one who was trying to start the argument
Aug 11, 2021 6:09 AM

Feb 2021
It’s 10 years old, but still holds its place well. The impact it has left on me is still felt months after watching it. The soundtrack is amazing. The middle of the show wasn’t its strong suit, rather the parts near the end more.
Aug 11, 2021 6:16 AM
Sep 2020
It hasn’t “died out”, it’s just a short Anime most people have already seen a while ago and the series is only a short one that came out 11 years ago when countless other popular series coming out since then. Of course people are going to stop talking about it. People move on.

That’s like saying every Anime from pre 2010 has already “died out”.
Aug 11, 2021 6:18 AM

Dec 2018
It’s still fairly talked about, maybe not on MAL but definitely in general. It’s not as popular as it was in its heyday but I wouldn’t call the fandom dead.
Aug 11, 2021 6:18 AM

Aug 2012
It lives on within my heart, so no its not dead >:c
Aug 11, 2021 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
Leohere said:
sadboyrcrds said:

god you're so annoying

I'd say the other guy was more annoying, he's the one who was trying to start the argument

Seriously, someone just shares their opinion about the topic and gets met with the classic childish "you like x anime more than y anime, so ur opinion is invalid!!" Guess someone had their feelings hurt because another person didn't share their opinion :( It's not a problem to be a casual anime viewer and not have seen many obscure/older shows or whatever but why go around insulting other people like you're some kind of anime authority when you really actually don't even know what you're talking about? Or why turn it into a personal argument at all?... Of course someone is going to point out that you haven't seen very much at that point.
Aug 11, 2021 8:48 AM
Feb 2019
This is one of the first anime i watch and and one of my favorite anime ever i wish they make OVA like after story
Aug 11, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2021
ohohohohohoho said:
Leohere said:

Seriously, someone just shares their opinion about the topic and gets met with the classic childish "you like x anime more than y anime, so ur opinion is invalid!!" Guess someone had their feelings hurt because another person didn't share their opinion :( It's not a problem to be a casual anime viewer and not have seen many obscure/older shows or whatever but why go around insulting other people like you're some kind of anime authority when you really actually don't even know what you're talking about? Or why turn it into a personal argument at all?... Of course someone is going to point out that you haven't seen very much at that point.
bro it’s not even like that lol, have u seen his list? Dudes got like every top title under a 5, and I’ve seen the dude on other forums pissing on good anime so it’s also a little personal
Aug 11, 2021 10:10 AM
Feb 2021
024 said:
DoobieSam said:

It's peak was #5 most popular of all time

Yeah...but so what? It's been over a decade.
Aug 11, 2021 10:18 AM
Jul 2021
ProxyLain said:
WannabeWeeb_ said:

Haha... Wtf.

I don’t have to go and see your favorite or any of the other anime you have seen to see you got shit taste, all I had to see was your lowest score completed anime and the anime you dropped well and to add on your favorite anime is some hello kitty gundam shit💀. And if all the popular anime u haven’t liked is “rubbish” then why are they the ones having the highest scores and most popular🤔
Nice try tho pulling that senior card👍
Aug 11, 2021 10:31 AM

Sep 2018
Considering that this anime has only 12 episodes( no sequels) and that it came out 11 years ago its fair to say that Angel beats is a real wild card among the most popular anime on MAL.
Angel beats with all its flaws has aged beautifuly and I think a remake with 24 ep would be a safe and very lucrative production for PA works.
Aug 11, 2021 11:45 AM

Apr 2019
WannabeWeeb_ said:
ProxyLain said:

Haha... Wtf.

I don’t have to go and see your favorite or any of the other anime you have seen to see you got shit taste, all I had to see was your lowest score completed anime and the anime you dropped well and to add on your favorite anime is some hello kitty gundam shit💀. And if all the popular anime u haven’t liked is “rubbish” then why are they the ones having the highest scores and most popular🤔
Nice try tho pulling that senior card👍

One more person using the argument about ratings on this site as a synonym for quality. Hahahaha
Aug 11, 2021 11:47 AM

Jul 2020
It aired and finished in 2010. Why would people talk about it now?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 11, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
ProxyLain said:
agreed, I won’t hate on the anime but it most definitely did not peak my interest
Aug 11, 2021 1:07 PM

Oct 2015
It's a 13 episode anime that aired over a decade ago....
Aug 11, 2021 1:09 PM

Feb 2019
Simply because it's old and there's no hope for a sequel or OVAs. In ten years most of the actual popular shows will not appear in conversations. It's normal, ils just the march of time.
Aug 11, 2021 1:10 PM

Jan 2020
I mean, that sounds natural. It's not common for a series to stay relevant for over a decade. It's still very high up when it comes to member count

Aug 11, 2021 2:26 PM
May 2021
It’s literally over 10 years old
Aug 12, 2021 12:10 AM

Jan 2020
Probably because it’s been more than a decade since this anime was broadcasted? Why would anyone ever think that fame, appraisal and popularity are something everlasting?
Aug 12, 2021 12:25 AM
Jan 2018
It doesnt get discussed much, but its still popular. If you made a decent post im sure it'd get a decent amount of attention at least.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Aug 12, 2021 4:36 AM
Mar 2021
WannabeWeeb_ said:
ohohohohohoho said:

bro it’s not even like that lol, have u seen his list? Dudes got like every top title under a 5, and I’ve seen the dude on other forums pissing on good anime so it’s also a little personal

So? That just means he doesn't like those anime and why does that make his taste shit?

Also why are you getting triggered over fucking ratings
LeohereAug 12, 2021 6:50 AM
Aug 12, 2021 3:41 PM
Apr 2020
it makes me sad that people who started watching anime during the pandemic won’t really lean towards this anime when looking for something new to watch :(( one of my top two shows, and has really held its own for years and years, but it’s finally starting to fizzle
Aug 12, 2021 3:43 PM
Apr 2020
CherryPinkBoba said:
it makes me sad that people who started watching anime during the pandemic won’t really lean towards this anime when looking for something new to watch :(( one of my top two shows, and has really held its own for years and years, but it’s finally starting to fizzle

the newer stuff is really good as well, don’t get me wrong!! i’ve really been loving some of the recent seasons’ anime - i just wish that newer watchers would take recs for slightly older shows more often!! :))
Aug 13, 2021 12:46 AM

Jun 2016
ProxyLain said:
WannabeWeeb_ said:

But Higurashi is bad and you like it
Aug 13, 2021 12:50 AM

Apr 2019
Edocchi said:
ProxyLain said:

But Higurashi is bad and you like it
Yes. But that doesn't make Angel Beats good.
At least Higurashi doesn't have a script hole at the end. kkkkkkkkkkk
Aug 13, 2021 1:06 AM

Feb 2021
Finally the overrated and overhyped anime of its time is discussed again today
Aug 13, 2021 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
This Anime is good
Characterisation is Mediocre with full of One Dimensional Cast
The Themes are pretty much handled well
It can be finished within a day
MC is actually not Bad

Overall I would say it should be Recommended for New Anime Fans instead of My 🗑️ Academia

However, Violet Evergarden is still the Best Gateway Anime for me
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.