Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2021 10:40 AM

Jun 2020
So I watched FLCL a few months ago and I didn't really understand the storyline, that's if there is one. It just felt like a bunch of random clips pieced together. I didn't understand anything that was hapening and the only thing that I can remember are random horns appearing on Naota's head due to the fact he was smacked in the head with a guitar many times throughout the show, I don't get it? Why do people love this show so much? Should I rewatch it and see if something clicks?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 8, 2021 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
No. It's really bad and overrated. You shouldn't re-watch it
Aug 8, 2021 10:58 AM

Sep 2020
i personally think rewatching it is a great idea, if you liked the show. if you didn't enjoy the show, i'd just leave it be and watch something you'll enjoy more.
Aug 8, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2016
Popular opinion is split between "coolest thing ever" and "pretentious collection of explosions" so maybe you won't be convinced by a second viewing.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 8, 2021 11:03 AM
Jun 2021
i also didn't really weird.
Aug 8, 2021 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
FLCL has a chaotic, bizarre presentation. Lots of things happen with little to none of it making sense in the moment. The first 4 episodes were, in my opinion, disjointed presentations that sometimes wanted to tell a story and sometimes just wanted to exist. The last 2 episodes actually managed to tie some of it together and have a decent message at the end imo. Is it worth rewatching? Maybe, but it’ll still have a lot of jank in presentation. I think it’s a marvel in chaotic storytelling that fails at telling a coherent story until it runs out of time but is nonetheless fun.
Aug 8, 2021 11:16 AM

Jul 2020
The only things I remember about FLCL are the legendary OST and these kind of scenes :

It's short so you could easily give it another try
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]
Aug 8, 2021 11:39 AM
Mar 2018
This is one of my favorites overall so I'm biased but I enjoy FLCL more with each rewatch. Even if you're not sure a rewatch would help you understand it more do it at least for the music.
Aug 8, 2021 11:49 AM
Jul 2021
It’s nothing special, it’s just an elitist anime.
Aug 8, 2021 11:53 AM
Apr 2020
C4llum said:
So I watched FLCL a few months ago and I didn't really understand the storyline, that's if there is one. It just felt like a bunch of random clips pieced together. I didn't understand anything that was hapening and the only thing that I can remember are random horns appearing on Naota's head due to the fact he was smacked in the head with a guitar many times throughout the show, I don't get it? Why do people love this show so much? Should I rewatch it and see if something clicks?
my guy I watched it and that was exactly my thought😭
Aug 8, 2021 12:07 PM

Jun 2020
monkeydpic said:
C4llum said:
my guy I watched it and that was exactly my thought😭

Glad im not the only one then 😂
Aug 8, 2021 12:08 PM

Jun 2020
Tekainu said:
It’s nothing special, it’s just an elitist anime.

Good to know, thanks for the input!
Aug 8, 2021 12:09 PM

Jun 2020
KingJoyStick said:
This is one of my favorites overall so I'm biased but I enjoy FLCL more with each rewatch. Even if you're not sure a rewatch would help you understand it more do it at least for the music.

I'll see if I can find some spare time to possibly rewatch it then. Thanks for the input!
Aug 8, 2021 12:10 PM

Jun 2020
Joachim_Joestar said:
The only things I remember about FLCL are the legendary OST and these kind of scenes :

It's short so you could easily give it another try

Very true hahaha there were alot of those type of scenes now that I think about it lmao. I may give it another shot and rewatch it. Thanks for the input!
Aug 8, 2021 12:12 PM

Jun 2020
Strengthen said:
No. It's really bad and overrated. You shouldn't re-watch it

Thats how I feel about the show too lol, thanks for the input
Aug 8, 2021 12:13 PM

Jun 2020
mangadere said:
i personally think rewatching it is a great idea, if you liked the show. if you didn't enjoy the show, i'd just leave it be and watch something you'll enjoy more.

Thank you, I'm still torn between leaving it be and watching it due to the split opinions on this one, currently leaning towards leaving it at the moment though haha, thanks for the input!
Aug 8, 2021 12:15 PM

Jun 2020
Theo1899 said:
Popular opinion is split between "coolest thing ever" and "pretentious collection of explosions" so maybe you won't be convinced by a second viewing.

My heart is currently with the second opinion haha, thanks for the input!
Aug 8, 2021 12:16 PM

Jun 2020
TeaNotFound said:

Agreed, I just don't get it lol.
Aug 8, 2021 12:18 PM

Jun 2020
resolve-machine said:
FLCL has a chaotic, bizarre presentation. Lots of things happen with little to none of it making sense in the moment. The first 4 episodes were, in my opinion, disjointed presentations that sometimes wanted to tell a story and sometimes just wanted to exist. The last 2 episodes actually managed to tie some of it together and have a decent message at the end imo. Is it worth rewatching? Maybe, but it’ll still have a lot of jank in presentation. I think it’s a marvel in chaotic storytelling that fails at telling a coherent story until it runs out of time but is nonetheless fun.

Hmm im torn between rewatching it and just leaving the show behind, thanks for helping me on making a decision haha and also thanks for the imput!
Aug 8, 2021 12:30 PM
Jan 2021
So, I kinda understood the show and I watched multiple YouTube videos explaining it. So I understand it. But goodness is it boring. I rated it a 5 because it kinda has a cool aesthetic and some parts were pretty cool. But for the most part I was just really bored. I really don’t understand why people rate it so highly. Maybe because it messes with your brain and there is usually something going on every second? Idk, it wasn’t for me.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 8, 2021 12:38 PM
Jun 2021
C4llum said:
TeaNotFound said:

Agreed, I just don't get it lol.
yeah like so much was happening it didn't make any sense
Aug 8, 2021 1:23 PM

Jun 2020
dev81 said:
Tried to find a better way to put it but it is basically just an elitiist anime. You might be able to find an analysis on it and it might change your way of looking at depending on your values but idk where to find any. Personally the only thing i liked about it was the animation and the ost but i didnt really care for anything else about it.

Ahh that makes sense, I'll try to find an analysis and like you said maybe it'll change my views on the show. Thanks!
Aug 8, 2021 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
I’d say leave it, I really didn’t understand it and I don’t think a second viewing would help, according to the elitists I’ve told I didn’t understand it they told me “if you don’t get it you don’t get it” (more rudely tho) so I wouldn’t bother rewatching unless it was out of spite for all the pretentious people who think that it’s a masterpiece when realistically it’s only good bc the soundtrack is amazing lmao
Aug 8, 2021 2:08 PM
Jul 2020
Sounds like it just wasn’t for you I don’t think a rewatch would change anything
Aug 8, 2021 2:16 PM

Jun 2020
PMJ11 said:
Sounds like it just wasn’t for you I don’t think a rewatch would change anything

Hmm maybe not, thank you for your input!
Aug 8, 2021 2:36 PM

Oct 2020
I thought it was ok,But nothing extra.
Well it is short, sooo i guess you can try again OR if you didn't like it the first time, chances are you won't like it a second time.
Aug 8, 2021 2:38 PM

Jun 2020
Silhouette95 said:
I thought it was ok,But nothing extra.
Well it is short, sooo i guess you can try again OR if you didn't like it the first time, chances are you won't like it a second time.

True, it was too short but personally had it been any longer it would currently be collecting dust in my dropped list haha. Thanks for the input!
Aug 8, 2021 2:39 PM

Apr 2021
Seems like the anime went over your head if you didn't get it the first time then rewatch it. If you still don't get it then watch an analysis video on it.
Aug 8, 2021 2:41 PM

Jun 2020
ANEWNAME said:
Seems like the anime went over your head if you didn't get it the first time then rewatch it. If you still don't get it then watch an analysis video on it.

Alright, I'll find some time to re-watch it and hope something clicks lol, thanks for the help!
Aug 8, 2021 5:59 PM
Mar 2021
Yea I agree, I had high expectations for FLCL and was disappointed but I wouldn’t say it is bad. If the anime was longer and went more into depth with everything and built it all up with a deeper execution it would’ve been a lot better imo but it still is just good imo.
Aug 8, 2021 6:03 PM

Jun 2020
Rittsuu said:
Yea I agree, I had high expectations for FLCL and was disappointed but I wouldn’t say it is bad. If the anime was longer and went more into depth with everything and built it all up with a deeper execution it would’ve been a lot better imo but it still is just good imo.

And if it had an actual storyline lol. I can relate to that, I may have went into it with high expectations and that could be a reason I found it to be pretty bad rather than seeing it as decent but I got bored of it so personally if it were any loger it would've been straight into my dropped list lol.
Aug 8, 2021 6:09 PM
Mar 2021
C4llum said:
Rittsuu said:

And if it had an actual storyline lol. I can relate to that, I may have went into it with high expectations and that could be a reason I found it to be pretty bad rather than seeing it as decent but I got bored of it so personally if it were any loger it would've been straight into my dropped list lol.
I watched it through didn’t pay complete attention tbh but then after I tried watching the 2 movies and godamn that was a sleep feast.
Aug 8, 2021 6:17 PM

Jun 2020
Rittsuu said:
C4llum said:

I watched it through didn’t pay complete attention tbh but then after I tried watching the 2 movies and godamn that was a sleep feast.

I could've payed a litlle more attention too tbh but that just goes to show how boring the show is, the movies won't be on my plan to watch list then hahaha
Aug 8, 2021 7:09 PM
Apr 2021
Yeah as others mentioned, this is the definition of a love it or hate it series. If you dont like it and what it offers, idt a rewatch will change your mind.
If you wanna try anyways, its only 3 hours of content though, so you wont waste too much time.
Aug 8, 2021 9:36 PM
Mar 2021
Don't waste your time it's not good
Aug 8, 2021 9:44 PM

Jun 2020
Me too, but I don't want to use my time for rewatch that because it makes me sleepy lol
If you really want to, yes just do it
Aug 8, 2021 11:51 PM
Aug 2014
It’s a metaphor for puberty 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sometimes quite literally as well considering the main character has so many horns in this show
Aug 9, 2021 1:47 AM
Dec 2020
FLCL is the third best anime of all time IMO, right behind JoJo and Death Note. If you don't enjoy it, I don't know what I can say.

I suppose I could recommend the sequel series, FLCL Progressive. It's basically the same, but they toned down the wackiness, action, explosions, humor, and most notably, quality.
Aug 9, 2021 2:07 AM
Mar 2021
I didn't understand it too, its the only anime which i have completed but didn't rate
Aug 9, 2021 3:14 AM
Jan 2021
FLCL is definitely not for everyone, I personally love the show but I can 100% understand why a lot of people don’t get it and don’t really like it. I’d say if you didn’t like it the first time, chances are you won’t like it the second time either.
Aug 9, 2021 3:31 AM

Jun 2020
JohnnyDee said:
Yeah as others mentioned, this is the definition of a love it or hate it series. If you dont like it and what it offers, idt a rewatch will change your mind.
If you wanna try anyways, its only 3 hours of content though, so you wont waste too much time.

Yeah good point, thanks for the help!
Aug 9, 2021 3:32 AM

Jun 2020
jebasurya12 said:
Don't waste your time it's not good

Straight to the point haha, thanks for the help!
Aug 9, 2021 3:34 AM

Jun 2020
chocomayu said:
Me too, but I don't want to use my time for rewatch that because it makes me sleepy lol
If you really want to, yes just do it

I feel u haha, thanks for the help!
Aug 9, 2021 3:35 AM

Jun 2020
mangagirlie said:
It’s a metaphor for puberty 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sometimes quite literally as well considering the main character has so many horns in this show

Ahhhh I see, that's quite smart once you realise what's happening lol, thanks for the help!
Aug 9, 2021 3:36 AM

Jun 2020
SeproDep said:
FLCL is the third best anime of all time IMO, right behind JoJo and Death Note. If you don't enjoy it, I don't know what I can say.

I suppose I could recommend the sequel series, FLCL Progressive. It's basically the same, but they toned down the wackiness, action, explosions, humor, and most notably, quality.

Hmm I'll check it out. Like others said it seems to be an enlitist anime so not sure a rewatch would be any good so thanks for giving me other options and reccomending the sequel!
Aug 9, 2021 3:38 AM

Jun 2020
NitinKumar10224 said:
I didn't understand it too, its the only anime which i have completed but didn't rate

I like to rate all the anime I watch lol, I rated FLCL a 5 or 6 I believe, looking back now I think a good rating is 4 or 5 personally but thats all down to opinions lol. Did you just think it was so bad you didn't want to rate it? Or did you just not think it was worth rating lol, either way, thanks for the help!
Aug 9, 2021 3:40 AM

Jun 2020
marwan726 said:
FLCL is definitely not for everyone, I personally love the show but I can 100% understand why a lot of people don’t get it and don’t really like it. I’d say if you didn’t like it the first time, chances are you won’t like it the second time either.

Yeah, personally it was a little boring most likely as I didn't really understand what was happening half of the time haha. Thanks for the help!
Aug 9, 2021 3:41 AM
Mar 2021
C4llum said:
NitinKumar10224 said:

I like to rate all the anime I watch lol, I rated FLCL a 5 or 6 I believe, looking back now I think a good rating is 4 or 5 personally but thats all down to opinions lol. Did you just think it was so bad you didn't want to rate it? Or did you just not think it was worth rating lol, either way, thanks for the help!
I just couldn't rate like, i mean it wasn't bad ,it wasn't good , it's so weird and absurd that i don't even know what to rate it lmao
Aug 9, 2021 3:43 AM

Jun 2020
NitinKumar10224 said:
C4llum said:

I just couldn't rate like, i mean it wasn't bad ,it wasn't good , it's so weird and absurd that i don't even know what to rate it lmao

Yeah I get that haha, half the time it was big explosions across the screen and the next minute there was a huge horn stucking out of his head haha
Aug 10, 2021 5:00 AM
Feb 2017
It's just not for everyone. I looove It, but I understand why some people wouldn't. My kind of animes have a lot of psychology topics and symbolism. Maybe that's why one person said it's "elitist". It is kind of a brainer. Maybe of you watch an analysis un YouTube or something it would help. But if you didn't like it the first time, why bother.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

242 by Devonnius »»
May 12, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Thurzix »»
Apr 29, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 21, 2008

133 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.