Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 31, 2021 4:08 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy hell this movie was about everything I wanted in a grand battle and then some! Jeanne's speech which I wont say cause that was so hype that I want all of you to hear from her and not on a text, Maaya Sakamoto is amazing! Jeanne is amazing! if you want a massive ass royal rumble battle then this really comes close to that, albeit Im not that familiar with Fate/Grand Order outside of its anime side cause I dont really want to play the game since I hear its a hell of a drug so my knowledge is limited on this series, but holy hell the people that followed this story from the start must have really felt 10x the hype, satisfaction and emotion that I had.
Amazing fight and speeches aside which this had a lot of coming from Jeanne, Mash, Solomon, Ritsuka and Romani, theres another scene that will hit you straight in the feels and will crush you like a roach, I really dont want to spoil so anyone interested in this show, be it you coming from the games or purely an anime only, go and watch this, totally worth every penny!
-StrayJul 31, 2021 7:07 AM
Jul 31, 2021 6:14 AM
Sep 2019
-Stray said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Holy hell this movie was about everything I wanted in a grand battle and then some! Jeanne's speech which I wont say cause that was so hype that I want all of you to hear from her and not on a text, Maaya Sakamoto is amazing! Jeanne is amazing! if you want a massive ass royal rumble battle then this really comes close to that, albeit Im not that familiar with Fate/Grand Order outside of its anime side cause I dont really want to play the game cause I hear its a hell of a drug so my knowledge is limited on this series but holy hell the people that followed this story from the start must have really felt 10x the hype, satisfaction and emotional that I had.
Amazing fight and speeches aside which this had a lot of coming from Jeanne, Mash, Solomon, Ritsuka and Romani, theres another scene that will hit you straight in the feels and will crush you like a roach, I really dont want to spoil so anyone interested in this show, be it you coming from the games or purely an anime only, go and watch this, totally worth every penny!

All I wanna know is shiki in there? She was in game I remember that
Jul 31, 2021 7:09 AM

Jul 2014
Abstudios07 said:
-Stray said:
Holy hell this movie was about everything I wanted in a grand battle and then some! Jeanne's speech which I wont say cause that was so hype that I want all of you to hear from her and not on a text, Maaya Sakamoto is amazing! Jeanne is amazing! if you want a massive ass royal rumble battle then this really comes close to that, albeit Im not that familiar with Fate/Grand Order outside of its anime side cause I dont really want to play the game cause I hear its a hell of a drug so my knowledge is limited on this series but holy hell the people that followed this story from the start must have really felt 10x the hype, satisfaction and emotional that I had.

Ryougi?
Jul 31, 2021 8:30 AM

Jan 2019
Abstudios07 said:
Event servants are definitely not going to be in the movie.
Jul 31, 2021 9:01 AM
Sep 2019
-Stray said:
Abstudios07 said:

Ryougi?
Karnox001 said:
Abstudios07 said:
Event servants are definitely not going to be in the movie.

Why?

All my hope is Dead now 😢
Jul 31, 2021 10:20 AM
Jan 2018
-Stray said:
Holy hell this movie was about everything I wanted in a grand battle and then some! Jeanne's speech which I wont say cause that was so hype that I want all of you to hear from her and not on a text, Maaya Sakamoto is amazing! Jeanne is amazing! if you want a massive ass royal rumble battle then this really comes close to that, albeit Im not that familiar with Fate/Grand Order outside of its anime side cause I dont really want to play the game since I hear its a hell of a drug so my knowledge is limited on this series, but holy hell the people that followed this story from the start must have really felt 10x the hype, satisfaction and emotion that I had.

Hi, just one question, is there a Post Credit Scene or smth like that?
Jul 31, 2021 6:20 PM

Jan 2019
Abstudios07 said:

Why?

Well, servants fighting on swimsuit probably won't fit much lol

Also, I'm not completely sure, but canonically the servants that fight in the solomon singularity are all servants the player met in the 7 singularities. That would make a bunch of servants unable to appear.

My f/go knowledge is rather limited, so if someone can confirm it, it would be nice.
Jul 31, 2021 6:20 PM
Sep 2017
Uhh, I want to know too if we have some post credits scenes.
Jul 31, 2021 8:25 PM
May 2020
-Stray said:
Were there also Edmond Dantes and Jeanne Alter? Or not?
Aug 1, 2021 12:43 AM

Jul 2014
NapoJefferson said:
-Stray said:

Hi, just one question, is there a Post Credit Scene or smth like that?
Yes.

Playay said:
-Stray said:
Were there also Edmond Dantes and Jeanne Alter? Or not?

Dantes was there but no Jalter.
Aug 1, 2021 3:41 AM

Jan 2019

About how many servants would you say are in the movie? Something approximated is fine.
Aug 1, 2021 4:29 AM

Jul 2014
Karnox001 said:

About how many servants would you say are in the movie? Something approximated is fine.
in universe there were around 70+ and counting iirc, Romania didnt give an exact number cause servants kept coming and coming.
The ones we see on screen tho is probably around... 30 at best.
Aug 1, 2021 5:08 AM

Jan 2019
-Stray said:
Karnox001 said:

in universe there were around 70+ and counting iirc, Romania didnt give an exact number cause servants kept coming and coming.

Yeah, in the game there were a lot of them, it was literally impossible to put them all here. Around 30 sounds good. Just curious, did you see Rider Ishkandar? (the exact one from F/Z)
Aug 1, 2021 5:49 AM

Jul 2014
Karnox001 said:
-Stray said:

Yeah, in the game there were a lot of them, it was literally impossible to put them all here. Around 30 sounds good. Just curious, did you see Rider Ishkandar? (the exact one from F/Z)
The buffy dude? Nope. But someone I mistook as him appeared quite a lot, iirc
Aug 1, 2021 7:11 AM

Jan 2019
-Stray said:

Ok thank you, now I have a good idea of the approach they took for the movie.
Karnox001Aug 1, 2021 7:15 AM
Aug 1, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2014
Karnox001 said:
-Stray said:

Ok thank you, now I have a good idea of the approach they took for the movie.

NP!
Aug 1, 2021 7:50 AM

Jan 2009
@-Stray

this is the episode discussion thread anyway so why not post full spoilers already? or put them on spoiler tags too to avoid many questions from those that wants to get spoiled
Aug 1, 2021 8:22 AM

Jul 2014
deg said:
@-Stray

this is the episode discussion thread anyway so why not post full spoilers already? or put them on spoiler tags too to avoid many questions from those that wants to get spoiled

I used to do that back then, but had users swarm me when I put spoilers in the ep thread and an admin even dm'd me about it to not put spoilers anymore, even when I put spoiler tags some people still get pissed so to heck with it I stopped. Especially with a series like fate where people are...to put it nicely, a very passionate bunch. I don't plan on answering every questions thrown at me anyway. Just that its sunday so I have the free time to answer people.
Aug 14, 2021 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
How about Scathach? Does she have many actions in movie?
Aug 15, 2021 5:25 PM
Sep 2008
She gets a quick shot of her falling, probably 3 seconds.
Aug 18, 2021 3:17 PM

May 2019
-Stray said:
deg said:
@-Stray

I used to do that back then, but had users swarm me when I put spoilers in the ep thread and an admin even dm'd me about it to not put spoilers anymore, even when I put spoiler tags some people still get pissed so to heck with it I stopped. Especially with a series like fate where people are...to put it nicely, a very passionate bunch. I don't plan on answering every questions thrown at me anyway. Just that its sunday so I have the free time to answer people.

it honestly doesn't make any sense this is a Discussion Thread for a reason, if anyone comes here they should already be expecting spoilers
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Aug 19, 2021 8:59 AM

May 2014
The movie was better than I expected. Goetia talked a lot more than I recall from the game lol. I hope they animate the next part as well.
Sep 28, 2021 4:45 AM

Oct 2017
This was a wonderful movie. Loved watching so many of the servants. Jeanne's speech at the begining and Gilgamesh's speech at the end were both epic. Action scenes were well animated and full of hype. Also I'm so glad Mash is safe. She can finally enjoy the world she earned with Fujimaru.

-Stray said:
Karnox001 said:

30 onscreen servants is still a lot, this is gonna be great.
MegamiRemJan 23, 2022 6:35 AM
Oct 28, 2021 8:32 AM
May 2021
Hi where can i watch the movie?
Oct 28, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2019
xShinikami said:
Hi where can i watch the movie?
Now it is only available at Japanese theaters. Wait until January 19th for the Blu Ray release and then it will be available online.
Nov 13, 2021 3:20 AM
Aug 2017
i don't have any expectations but here i am, holy sh*t how cringe can all this dialogue be?? goetia and lev keep talking like an obnoxious bastard they are and gintoki VA just spamming the villain laugh while the director and everyone in the studio just goes " YESS KEEP DOING IT!! WE ALL LOVE THAT CHEAP AF WITH NO DEPTH VILLAIN LAUGH" like are you all nuts? having big shot VA doesn't mean that all the thing they do is good, where's the proper acting? why it's so cheap? and he keep rambling the same stuff again and again, like fck why no one in the studio tries to improve the line and make it more grounded and tone down the frequency?

the animation is fine, i love the usage of 3D pillar bcs all the wide and long shot this has will make 2D animation to animate all of those movement with detail as nigh impossible, I'm not a 2D fags. tho it's not exactly the quality i would expect from a franchise with billions of dollars in revenue.

overall animation is 7.5/10
voice acting is so cheesy 2/10
and the directing is very dry 4.5/10

sadly animation alone can't carry a show when directing is piss poor
Nov 13, 2021 9:43 AM
Aug 2014
MegamiRem said:
-Stray said:
30 onscreen servants is still a lot, this is gonna be great.

I just came back from watching the movie. (it has a limited release in my country)
Dont expect Endgame levels.

List of Servants who made at least a glancing appearance iirc:-

Only a small handful actually got speaking roles.

ryanstrike said:
How about Scathach? Does she have many actions in movie?

She has 2 iirc.
As mentioned, she has a showcase scene where she falls. She comes back later in the final fight against Goetia using what looks like her NP.

Abstudios07 said:

Why?

Well..most events are on-the-fence canon to the plot. Dantes makes an appearance because he is actually involved in the plot in a sense, being involve as part of Goetia's plans to assassinate the MC.
StalkerFairyNov 13, 2021 9:50 AM
Jan 15, 2022 7:49 AM
Jan 2018
I can't believe I got to watch it in theatres, basically no one watches anime here, much less some fate show which needs 30 hours of context to understand. They still bought it, I had the hall to myself and 3 of my FGO playing friends.

It was one of the best experiences of my life.
Jan 19, 2022 12:59 PM

Apr 2020
Pretty good movie but FGO is still far from everything done by ufotable. 7/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jan 19, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2016
lol that was terrible.
4/10 for me because i got so excited since i saw that jeanne and enkidu was gonna be in it... but you see them for like 30 seconds only.

I don't give a shit about mash or fuju. both fucking shit characters and mash sucks ass.
Jan 19, 2022 5:17 PM

May 2015
Camelot 2>Babylonia>>Solomon>>>Rest of FGO. It was fine

Jan 19, 2022 5:51 PM
Apr 2021
disappointed fou moment didnt get a lil bit more time. like in this vid

https://youtu.be/kZnP7W0B9vA?t=334
Jan 19, 2022 8:39 PM

Aug 2019
This was really, really bad!!
I enjoyed Babylonia, but this is nowhere near the quality or depth it had.
The whole movie is about Fujimaru going to the first boss, the NPCs beat it up. Then he goes to the second boss and the NPCs also beat that up for him. Then he walks back...
The whole movie is on autopilot. It doesn't matter what he does.

It's not explained why Romani had his powers in the final fight when it's stated that he lost them when he became human from his wish. Also casually conversing with a gaping hole in his chest was terrible. People die when they are killed!
Also Goetia was so afraid of Ars Nova, but it didn't actually do anything to him in the end.
It's not explained why and how Mash got resurrected by Fou. Also resurrecting her shouldn't solve the problem of her limited lifespan.
Also where was Fou in the Goetia fight? It vanished after the horse ride.

Leonardo did nothing in this movie, except provide a buggy that got scrapped after a minute. She was a totally useless character!
It wasn't explained why the Servants could summon themselves. Also why didn't Goetia de-summon the second wave like he did with the first?
It wasn't explained why Mash's shield could withstand a planet destroying beam, but disappears when it lands in Goetia.

If Solomon's temple is outside of space-time, and the Incineration of Humanity hasn't happened yet, why is there no future past 2017? Chaldea is outside of space-time also but saving humanity has no effect until they accomplish it, but Goetia wiping out humanity has effect before it actually happens.

The animation was average, story non-existent. Most characters don't even have VAs it's so low budget.
Basically it's not the worst movie if you don't try to understand it. But I personally was expecting a LOT MORE after watching Heaven's Feel and Babylonia.
Jan 19, 2022 10:44 PM
Jan 2022
I just watch movie and I have to say I am disappointed and confused I am not saying that movie was bad but I tink chamelot part 2 was better it was confusing and many characters didn't get enough screen time I know that there was many heroic sprits but still let's see if there will be a director's cut part of it.
"I will work with an Efficient Devil, rather than working with an useless God"- Kanzen Rachit
Jan 19, 2022 11:03 PM
May 2020
What's next after this movie?
Jan 20, 2022 1:50 AM
Jun 2017
As a FGO NA player, I am super happy with this movie... love the fight scenes, and story itself...

And of course for once we can see Mash and Fujimaru happy...

and also watch until the credit as FOU scenes are there (Beast IV)... yeah
Jan 20, 2022 5:20 AM
May 2021
Just watched it on Cineplex and wow. It's so good fully packed with awesome action animation. 8.7/10 from me
Jan 20, 2022 6:38 AM
Jul 2016
kudos to the animation staff, VA's, sound directors and producers for excellently adapting this from the game and bringing out a new perspective from it. all I can say is nostalgia hit like a truck from that specific scene from Mash blocking Goetia's NP, I loved it. to compress the amount of source material and adapt it well enough for a movie, well done, I enjoyed it and look forward for more of their projects.
Jan 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
Freaking Gilgamesh, all he gets for a screen time is standing around delivering a short speech after all the action is over. Didn't even fire any NPs while his best bud Enkidu was doing all the leg work.
Jan 20, 2022 8:05 AM
Aug 2017
Yaggamy said:

It's not explained why Romani had his powers in the final fight when it's stated that he lost them when he became human from his wish. Also casually conversing with a gaping hole in his chest was terrible. People die when they are killed!

Romani used Ars Nova the tenth ring of Solomon to erase his existence. Ars Nova is an magecraft specifically designed to erase Solomon and all his accomplishments Goetia being one of them. Once the noble phantasm was used Goetia's fate was sealed.
Yaggamy said:

It wasn't explained why Mash's shield could withstand a planet destroying beam, but disappears when it lands in Goetia.

Fist of all ars Solomonalis can't destroy the planet it can only destroy it's outer layer. The inner sea or the reverse side of the planet cannot be harmed by it. The inner sea is 6th dimensional place where mysteries from age of god still lives and Avalon the everlasting utopia is also located here. Even AA who can destroy an universe can't do anything to it. And secondly Mash's shield can tank anything as long as she believes in it of course she herself can't tank everything which is why the she died because of the heat generated by Ars Almadel Salomonis.
Yaggamy said:

If Solomon's temple is outside of space-time, and the Incineration of Humanity hasn't happened yet, why is there no future past 2017? Chaldea is outside of space-time also but saving humanity has no effect until they accomplish it, but Goetia wiping out humanity has effect before it actually happens.

The incineration of humanity has already happened across entirety of space and time. It may have begun in 2017 by lev. But the destruction happens simultaneously accross all space time such is the reason the singularities exists they are seven primary events that turns the future of greater human history in nothing but arbitrary possibilities. Each possibility leading to an dead end or incineration of humanity. This is the reason the singularities needs to be solved. Essentially Solomon's plan is to cause the incineration of humanity across the entirety of space time and collect the energy generated from it to fuel Ars Almadel Salomonis.
Re6278Jan 21, 2022 3:34 AM
Jan 20, 2022 8:11 AM
Aug 2017
Yaggamy said:

Leonardo did nothing in this movie, except provide a buggy that got scrapped after a minute. She was a totally useless character!
It wasn't explained why the Servants could summon themselves. Also why didn't Goetia de-summon the second wave like he did with the first?

Leonardo is an caster class servant not well versed in combat she wouldn't have been much useful.
Ars Nova means nega summon is gone.

Also fou is the 4th beast cath pulag and it didn't just revive Mash it re-created her body into that of an proper human.
Jan 20, 2022 9:33 AM

Jan 2009
so its about nihilism and existentialism again then life is meaningless until you give it meaning

Doctor Romani is Solomon all along eh he wished to be human and that made his godly powers disappear meanwhile his Noble Phantasm Goetia (that is also Beast I) become self-aware and wanted to remake the world without death but to do so he have to kill humanity

humanity will not let itself die easily though they will fight to live on as Fujimaru said

life is short but thats what makes it precious or valuable eh

Mash was resurrected by Fou?

the servants fights are cool i just wish Gilgamesh and the Lion King have fought too

Da Vinci is still beautiful and now she is the sole commander of Chaldea

Ishtar only have a few seconds of screen time though but at least Nero got some more seconds of screen time with dialogues too especially her catchphrase "umu"

Jan 20, 2022 11:17 AM
May 2021
Yaggamy said:
The whole movie is about Fujimaru going to the first boss, the NPCs beat it up. Then he goes to the second boss and the NPCs also beat that up for him. Then he walks back...

Also Goetia was so afraid of Ars Nova, but it didn't actually do anything to him in the end.
It's not explained why and how Mash got resurrected by Fou. Also resurrecting her shouldn't solve the problem of her limited lifespan.
Also where was Fou in the Goetia fight? It vanished after the horse ride.

The animation was average, story non-existent. Most characters don't even have VAs it's so low budget.
Basically it's not the worst movie if you don't try to understand it. But I personally was expecting a LOT MORE after watching Heaven's Feel and Babylonia.

You have to understand this is a game adaptation. It pretty much adapted most of the important aspects of the singularity and stayed faithful to the source. Most of the stuff you're complaining about was either outright explained in the film (like why the servants could "summon themselves") or was explained in the game. For example, the reason the servants were able to be summoned was due to them responding to Fujimaru's will to save humanity. They used the "thin threads of fate that intertwined when they crossed paths" as Romani put it, to manifest themselves within the singularity.

Mash's NP can withstand pretty much anything so long as the user of the NP's will or "heart" as they put it doesn't falter. Of course, the user of said NP can still die to things like the heat generated by the blast, but the shield itself won't falter.

Da Vinci literally created the mystic code that gave Fujimaru the chance to even fight back in this singularity and took over Chaldea for Romani when he left. I think they did enough.

Romani's NP ars nova is what gave them the chance to fight back. It pretty much negated his magecraft, which is why he couldn't just forcefully make the servants disappear like he did the first time.

I could go on, but someone else already responded to you explaining some of the other things in the film.
Jan 20, 2022 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
I mean i guess it was fine, i feel like i enjoyed the Camelot movies more. Still have no idea how to rate this one, as always just saying close your eyes and enjoy. But i feel like this time you need to close your eyes for an hour or what?!
I assumed from the beginning that you won't really need to play the game to be able understand what's happening. I think in each thread of FGO i had a question why Fujiwaru was able to use his CS on servants he had not contract with, i always thought the summoning of the HS and having 3 CS to use is important part of Fate, but seeing what can Fujimaru do in this movie, why did i even ask.
Well, it's a story about hope and power of bullshit. Still always think that there should be a limit to randomness. Still remember someone told me something like it is plot armor and you see it everywhere - like ok, and you should take it and say whatever. I feel like it's just so sad. As long as it is cool, it will work out ...

Prob the most important parts, wanted to ask why Mash even sacrificed herself and Romani didn't interfere in the first place, but apparently Mash was revived. Did i miss something about Fou or it was in the game?!

After Romani used ars nova, the next moment was like he sealed Goetia and it was their win, but Goetia then stood up like it was nothing. Thought it was so weird.

And well obv Fujimaru could do whatever he wanted as long as he embraced the power of bullshit. Just really reminded me about Apocrypha when Sieg first accepted Siegfried's heart (i think i remember it correctly) so he powered up, then he powered up again for some reason, and then again being some random homunculus.

Was rather underwhelming, expected more from the conclusion. Definitely Babylonia is favorite, was really enjoyable for me knowing nothing about FGO. The movies were ok at best. Don't know if other singularities are planned, but will watch if yes.
Overall 6/10 for this one.
allenjkeJan 20, 2022 12:04 PM
Jan 20, 2022 4:08 PM

Dec 2019
I personally really liked it! Especially seeing my boy Dantes! (was a little worried if he'd show up at all) Ngl I liked this one WAYY more than the Camelot movies lol

I think the only thing I could critique is that they cut out all the servant interactions, I was kinda looking foward to those being animated but I get it if they felt they had to cut it for time.

This movie makes me wish they'd animated the EoR and Lostbelts arcs lol. I would LOOOVE to see those animated.

but yeah! 8/10 would watch again ^^
RaverzJan 25, 2022 3:06 PM
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
Jan 20, 2022 4:10 PM

Apr 2009
allenjke said:
I assumed from the beginning that you won't really need to play the game to be able understand what's happening.

The anime adaptations so far have been of the late half of the game. They're made with the assumptions that you have played the game if you actually want to understand the context.

allenjke said:
i had a question why Fujiwaru was able to use his CS on servants he had not contract with, i always thought the summoning of the HS and having 3 CS to use is important part of Fate, but seeing what can Fujimaru do in this movie, why did i even ask.
The player character does form a contract with the servants summoned in the singularities. The game actually mentioned it. The CS' roles are also different here. In FSN type of Grail Wars, CS are necessary because ultimately you need to use them to force the servants to obey you due to conflicting goals. Here, the servants are summoned because they're trying to help you save the world, so the CS mainly act as temporary power boost. At the end of day, Chaldea's summoning system is different from say, Fuyuki Grail War's summoning system.

allenjke said:
why Mash even sacrificed herself and Romani didn't interfere in the first place, but apparently Mash was revived. Did i miss something about Fou or it was in the game?!
Mash needed to tank Geotia's NP. Romani needed to find an opportunity to get close to Goetia to do his thing. The info about Fou are both in the game plus random supplementary materials here and there. Fou is

allenjke said:
but Goetia then stood up like it was nothing.
It wasn't for nothing. In that part of the scene, he was in a form that was sufficiently destroyed and weakened enough that even in the anime, you can see the main character was able to fist fight him.

allenjke said:
Just really reminded me about Apocrypha when Sieg first accepted Siegfried's heart (i think i remember it correctly) so he powered up, then he powered up again for some reason, and then again being some random homunculus.
Those were explained as well actually, like Sieg getting boosted by Fran's Galvanism.
NilviusJan 20, 2022 4:59 PM
Jan 20, 2022 5:30 PM

Nov 2012
Loved it. Lack of substance, but I didn't care. Action and servant packed.

Nilvius said:
Freaking Gilgamesh, all he gets for a screen time is standing around delivering a short speech after all the action is over. Didn't even fire any NPs while his best bud Enkidu was doing all the leg work.

I couldn't believe he just stood there doing nothing. I was expecting blade works and got observations.
Jan 20, 2022 6:30 PM
May 2021
MrPerfectOtaku said:
I just watch movie and I have to say I am disappointed and confused I am not saying that movie was bad but I tink chamelot part 2 was better it was confusing and many characters didn't get enough screen time I know that there was many heroic sprits but still let's see if there will be a director's cut part of it.

Hard disagree. Camelot cut out the
plus Touta the rice boi and Agravain's "I hate women" speech.

If CW doesn't fix these somehow, Shinjuku and part 2 will be very confusing.
Jan 20, 2022 6:44 PM
Nov 2017
The boss fight movie with no consequences.

But even FGO storyline aside, whoever directed this was either constrained to hell or just didn't know what they were doing. The first 30 minutes were wonderful, hyping things up, up until that well executed fight with Lev that showed off all of Cloverworks' strengths in animation and choreography. After that though? Holy shit it was awful. All the villains spew the same few lines, the power levels are all over the place, the plot holes that normally wouldnt appear in a novel show their ugly faces. I just couldn't take it seriously. Even as a huge fate fan, i gotta rate this a bit lower due to how awful the writing, voice acting and direction felt. Animation budget does not make a good movie.
Jan 20, 2022 7:11 PM

Mar 2016
Yaggamy said:
guda is only human. his role is to summon servants to fight for him. those last fights were the exceptions.

well he is the king of magic. it would be weird if he couldn't figure out how to magically use one of his magic rings to revert himself into a servant again. also servants are far more resilient than humans, having a hole in your stomach isn't that big a deal if you're a supernatural ghost.

ars nova was the reason why he fell apart. guda's attacks would've done nothing to him without it and even if they could, he would've just regenerated. goetia was holding on by pure will after ars nova activated.

It wasn't explained why the Servants could summon themselves. ?
narration said it was the power of friendship. i think it's really corny but it has an explanation.

Also why didn't Goetia de-summon the second wave like he did with the first
ars nova removed his powers. that was its whole purpose

"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Some questions about the plot (Spoilers)

Mathi786 - Jan 31

9 by Code-Valhalla »»
Feb 3, 3:35 AM

» Don't watch this if you haven't played the game

KaizukaZekrom - Jan 22, 2022

39 by Sol_Ou »»
Oct 15, 2023 3:35 PM

» Do I need to watch the Camelot movies first?

StuntMastah - Aug 19, 2023

6 by PurpleMoon7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 3:06 PM

» We’re in the End Game!

Reshiram_IX - Mar 22, 2020

31 by LISA302 »»
Jul 25, 2023 10:05 AM

» Question about King Solomon

DarkEmperor69 - Mar 26, 2022

2 by Khalil04 »»
Aug 30, 2022 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.